Be My Nightingale || slow upd...

By divines

"sometimes love is found in the most unexpected places." cover by me I M P O R T A N T: If you decide to be... More

one
two
three
five
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen

four

174 10 1
By divines

     SAM’S POV

     It seemed as if the household was still nothing but mere silence as I had managed to wake up, make breakfast for myself, go for a run and come back. And not a thing had moved. Alexis was sat in the living room watching whatever was on the TV and the boys were nowhere to be seen.

     I walked into the living room, despite knowing I stunk of sweat, and approached Alexis, she was sat on the single sofa, toast in her hand and the remote beside her. A smile immediately appeared on her face as she noticed me.

     “Where did you go?” she asked and I signalled at my attire.

     “You need to stop with those excessive runs, a couple of times a week is enough – you don’t need to go more or less twice every day,” Alexis ordered me and I sighed knowing not even her could stop me from going on my runs.

     Running and exercise had always played a big part in my life. It was a way to take out my emotions without having to speak. It was a way of feeling good about myself, like I could accomplish something without having to be edited, like I was worth something.

      When I was younger, I didn’t really have much self-confidence. At school, I was always being put-down on a day to day basis until I was introduced into the world of sport and some other things. I guess, from then on, things just went uphill.

    “I’m not starving myself or anything,” I told her and she just shrugged her shoulders and continued watching whatever it was that she was watching.

     “I’m going to shower and then we’re going out.”

     I left the room and make my way upstairs. It had only been a day of living here and clothes and rubbish was sprawled out everywhere. As I climbed the stairs, I dodged past hoodies, t-shirts, snapbacks and even a few pairs of shoes: most of the clothing belonged to Harry and Niall, some belonged to Alexis.

    I sighed and made my way to my bedroom. Upon pushing the door open, the sound of music immediately filled my ears and I rolled my eyes. Harry and Niall were sat on their undone bed, phones and laptops in front of them, and rocking out to the music.

     I grabbed a towel from the towel rack and walked into the bathroom, taking my clothes that had already been laid out from before I went for the run, and locked the door behind me.

     The hot water pelleted down almost immediately soothing my muscles. I tilted my head back, each droplet caressing every strand of my hair and trickling down and rushing into the drain. I stayed in that position for a while, cherishing every moment of utter peace, and then got out.

     “About time you got out, too!” Niall yelled from the bedroom.

    “Think about the poor!” Harry added.

     Ignoring their annoying antics, I made my way to my walk in wardrobe and chose my outfit for the day. After a while of contemplating, I settled on a pair of white skinny jeans and a grey jumper. My hair was still wet, so I ambled out of the bathroom, after cleaning my mess, and headed to dry my hair.

     “Lexi is calling you,” Niall told me over the noise of the hairdryer.

     I nodded my head quickly and he shrugged his shoulders and walked off. It was almost as if he and Harry weren’t bothering to change on purpose. Almost as if they were acting like strangers off the streets on purpose to bother us. However, ignoring irritating people was a profession belonging to Lexi and I.

    As my hair had straightened through the dryer, I didn’t need to straighten it, so I put it up into a ponytail and made my way downstairs after applying make-up.

     Time and time again, I had been told I didn’t need make-up, that I was perfect without it, that my natural beauty was enough. And no matter how many times I got told it, I just couldn’t accept it. In fact, I loathed being told that I didn’t need make-up. It didn’t make any sense. If I saw myself how I did see myself, it didn’t make sense that other people saw me differently.  Sometimes, I just didn’t get the logic and the thinking behind anything.

     Tiredly, I sighed and began to make my way downstairs. Alexis was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs, texting on her phone and occasionally checked her newly manicured nails. She’d only got them down a couple of days ago, I’d gone with her, but hadn’t got mine done: I wasn’t really into that kind of stuff.

    “Took your time,” Alexis told me as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I just shrugged and she knew. She knew why my mood had deflated.

     “Guys will be guys, okay? You can’t let them bring you down, Sam. They aren’t worth the hurt, the pain and the tears. We both know that,” she wisely spoke and I nodded composing myself. She was right and I didn’t know why I was getting frustrated by two guys who played no part in my life whatsoever. At least that’s what I kept telling myself.

     “Let’s just go,” I told her and she nodded linking her arms with mine.

     “Go where?” a voice spoke from behind and I felt like smashing my head against a wall.

     They just had to interfere with everything, didn’t they?

     Before I could even begin to vent my frustration and anger, Lexi started:

      “Why the hell do you even care? You guys are a waste of time and you need to sort out your heads, both of you. One minute you want nothing to do with us and the next you want to know where we are every single minute of our damn lives. Just get a grip, the pair of you. We don’t remotely like you, we never have done and to be quite honest, we never will. You’re both dickheads who have no emotions or consideration for any human beings besides yourselves, just stop pretending to care. We all know these ‘relationships’ are a joke, just give us a break,” Alexis voiced as calmly as she possibly could. Her fists were clenched and she was beginning to go red – something that happened whenever she was angry.

     “Oh darling, we don’t care. We’re just being the caring boyfriends we’re supposed to be,” Niall spoke and Harry smirked standing next to him.

    It made me sick. How they both had no consideration for anyone. Anyone at all.

+++

     ALEXIS’ POV

     I held it all in. I held in the tears and the pain. I held it all in for the day that I was giving my time to Sam. She deserved it, she needed it. From the pair of us, she had always been the weaker one and as I was slightly older, I felt as if it was my responsibility to look after her, but I guess that responsibility came with being best friends.

     Best friends had each other’s backs. They talked openly about anything. They understood things most people would never. They had a connection. And Sam and I had all of these things. We were more or less sisters.

     When we were fourteen, our parents left for New York City for work purposes – leaving us in the care of my aunt and Sam’s uncle – they were both single and as expected off any two single humans living in a house with two plotting teenage girls, they got married. We stayed with them until we were old enough to get a place of our own.

      We didn’t really see our parents much and we still don’t. I guess it got hard at times. But we got through it. And now that we’re older, we’ve kind of got used to them not being around anymore, and of course we still missed them, but we understood that they had to be away. They wanted the best for us and I couldn’t have thanked them more for that.

     Sam and I spent the day just roaming around London like anybody would on a nice day as such. We didn’t go too far from the neighbourhood. I guess the time alone was nice; the neighbourhood was quiet too.

     By the time we got back to the house, it was 6:00 PM and just then we received a call from management telling us there was a surprise concert the boys were holding and we had to tag along.

     We weren’t pleased, at all. But, in the end, we realised that we didn’t get a say in anything that happened anymore. Everything happened was beyond our control and nothing concerned us anymore, even though we were the whole reason behind it all.

+++

     HARRY’S POV

     I couldn’t bring myself to apologise. I was acting like a coward and I knew it. I don’t know why, though. I guess it was because I needed someone to take my anger out on and those two were the closest things around and they were two people I knew I could actually get to. If I tried with Niall, he would probably end up laughing in my face and tell me I’m being a dick in the most humorous way possible, but those two were different: they actually seemed affected by it all.

     I guess my initial thoughts on them were wrong. I thought they were strong-headed girls who didn’t really seem to give a shit about what anyone said, but I guess they just weren’t.

     “Harry! You can’t be serious?” Amelia whisper-yelled and I shrugged.

     Amelia was pretty much my best friend. We had known each other since forever. Childhood buddies, teenage mates, all that.

     “I’m sorry, Amelia. It just happened,” I sighed. I had told her about everything that had taken place in the past twenty four hours and she seemed disgusted by my behavious.

     “Who is this Harry? I don’t even know who you are anymore. It’s like you have no care or concern for anyone,” she told me and my heart sunk. These were words coming from my best friend, someone who had known me from the beginning of my life: and this shit hurt.

       “I care about you,” I pleaded just as she was about to get up.

     “And what about them, Harry? You don’t care about them? Stop turning into what the tabloids say about you: you aren’t a cold-hearted dickhead, Harry, so stop making yourself out to be.”

    And that was the last thing she said to me before she left the café and returned home. I replayed her words over and over in my head. But what if that’s what I was? What if I was a cold-hearted dickhead? Did that make what the tabloids said about me right? Or did it just make what all my fans thought about me wrong?

     I didn’t know, but I knew that I couldn’t stay that way forever. Things were going to have to change if we stood a chance in making our relationship seem somewhat real.

     When I reached home, the boys and girls were gathered in the living room, clearly awaiting someone’s return – I guessed that was me because when I walked in they all sighed in relief, well the boys looked relieved anyways.

     “There you are. Where have you been?” Louis exclaimed.

     “I went to see Amelia,” I mumbled and the boys nodded, the girls remained silent.

     “Let’s just go,” Liam stated and everyone followed him out of the house and off to this surprise concert the boys and I had only found out about yesterday.

author's note; hi guys, vote and comment? thanks. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 243 25
We've all heard of the phrase "And they all lived happily ever after..." right? Right? That's all that everyone wants in this world. Living life to...
28.9K 1K 48
I thought I was done finding me. I thought I was complete and that there was no more to do. But now I've lost myself, I'm incomplete. I've lost one o...
26.1M 340K 60
I am only fifteen...how could this happen to me? I am nerdy-straight 4.0 GPA, never smoked, never done drugs, never had a boyfriend, never had sex, n...
449K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...