Nico di Angelo and the Goblet...

By SammyValdezTheBoss

Nico is back at Hogwarts for his fourth year of this quest, which he did not think would take this long. With... More

Chapter One: Oh no, family relations.
Chapter Two: The most awkward dinner
Chapter 4: Glass Cuts are the Worst
Chapter 5: Children are Small
Chapter 6: Ferrets...?
Chapter 7: Jason
Chaper eight. This One.
Chapter 8: Finding Nico
Chapter 9: Mourning
Chapter 10: The Imperius Curse
Chapter 11: The Opposition
Chapter Twelve: The Goblet
Chapter 13: The Goblet
Chapter 14: The Champions and a Concussion
Chapter 15: The First Task
Chapter 16: How NOT to get a Date
chapter: the yull ball
Chapter 17: The Yule Ball
Chapter 18: The Second Task
Chapter 19: Snuffles
Chapter 20: Preferably Avoidable Conversations
Chapter 20:

Chapter 3: Orange is a No, Dear

6K 261 172
By SammyValdezTheBoss

Drawing is by Feliii89

I'm woken up by giggles, and the click of a camera.

"Go away, Stolls." I mumble, burying my face into the warm mass next to me.

Warm? I'm never warm when I wake up.

I burst up, standing to face whoever was there, wherever I am. Unfortunately, my legs tangle in the blankets covering me, sending me twisting crashing back down to the ground, landing on my back. There's more laughter, more camera clicks.

I'm looking up at a multitude of people. Harry, Ron, Hermione, the twins, and Ginny.

"That was very graceful, Nico." Ginny grins at me.

"Stellar." Ron agrees.

"I hate all of you." I sling the blanket back over my head.

"There's no covering up that hair, Nico." The twins say. How do they manage to speak in unison? It's creepy.

"Mm. Nico?" I can hear Will ask no doubt just waking up. "Wha's goin' on?"

"Nothing Will."

"I can't understand you, Neeks. Where are you?"

I take the blanket off, only to see that Will hasn't opened his eyes. No wonder he didn't know where I was. The camera flashes again, taking a picture of my hair, no doubt.

"Stoooop." I groan, slinging my arm across my eyes.

"Nope. It's breakfast time mate." One of the twins says.

"Up and at 'em." The other one chimes in. They grab me by either arm, yanking me up and setting me on my feet before I have time to react.

I hiss, but they just laugh, turning out of the room.

"Mum is going to Diagon today, she wanted to know if you want her to pick up your stuff for school." Ron tells me. Ginny reaches to touch my hair, but recoils when I give her a glare.

"No. I will go with her though."

Will finally sits up at this. I look back to him, and he's pouting. "You're gonna leave me all alone?"

"You would be in a house with multiple people, and no, you're coming with me."

"Nico-" Hermione starts.

"No arguments." I pull Will up by the arm, scowling as my unfortunately tall boyfriend leans against me, resting his head on top of mine. The camera clicks again.

💀

"How do we get there?"

Mrs. Weasley had gathered Will and I by the large fireplace.

"With floo powder of course." She grabs a pot from the mantle. "Just take a good handful, there you go, and stand in the fireplace."

I do as she instructs though the loose powder is hard to hold.

"Now, remember to speak very clearly we don't need a another mishap. Throw it down and say Diagon Alley."

I take a deep breath, throwing down the powder, green flames leaping up around me. I can see Will's horrified face through them. This fire looks like Greek Fire, though certainly nowhere near as hot.

"Diagon Alley."  I say, keeping on my posture straight, not sure what would happen. I suddenly feel like I'm being thrown backwards, then falling. Colours rush past in a dizzying array of places and green flame. I get spat out of another, larger fireplace, into a busy Street. Diagon Alley. Huh.

Someone else flies out of the fireplace, running right into my back, sending the two of us sprawling into the street. Several people hurry to get out of our way, and I can see some people I know from school looking down at us. I can feel my cheeks heat up.

"Oh! Boys! Get up!" Mrs. Weasley hoist up my assailant, which I can now identify as Will. I get up, brushing myself off.

"That was fun. Let's never do that again." I put my best scowl on despite Will's apologetic puppy eyes. I send a glare to my classmates, sending them on their way.

"So..." Will looks around, trying to not look too amazed at the alley. "Where to first?"

I also look around, Mrs. Weasely splitting from us with a 'be back here in an hour and a half!'.

"Books?" I suggest.

"Alrighty. Lead the way, Mr. Gloomy."

💀

"What about these?"

"Absolutely not."

On my school list was something new. I had to bring dress robes this year, and since I didn't have any yet ( obviously I didn't, why would I ever need dress robes?) I was having will help me pick some out. So far, it wasn't going great. Will was holding up an atrocious bright orange set of dress robes with a frilly bow tie.

"Aww. Lighten up, doom and gloom!" He nudges me.

"Yeah, lighten up, Nicolas." An annoying voice calls. I close my eyes, forcing myself to not strangle the nearest person, who happened to be Will.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" I turn to face the blond, who was being relived of a dress robe.

"Just wanted to say good luck this year. You'll need it."

"For what?" I cross my arms, glaring at him.

"Oh, you don't know?" Malfoy fakes a pitiful look at me. "Well, best not ruin the surprise." He sneers at Will, then struts off, no doubt to have his dress robes fitted.

I turn back to Will, who was just watching the bleach-blond boy go with a confused expression. "Prevent me from murdering him."

"Don't murder him, your dad will get mad?"

I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. "You tried."

He nods, putting back the orange robes, pulling out some black robes. "How's- Oh no, never mind. They're glittery." He puts them back. "Hey, these are cool. Whaddya think, Neeks?"

He holds the robes up, and I had to admit I likes them. Pure black, other than some silver lining along the edges and a small amount of shimmer when the light catches them. Not glittery though, as the others had been.

"Oh. I... Kinda like it." I nod, still looking them over.

"Yeah. It'd be great with all those rings I know you own."

"Will!"

"It's true and you know it!"

"Fine." I grumble, but yes. I did know it was true.

I got them fitted, luckily we weren't near Malfoy, nor did we run into him the rest of the time in Diagon alley. Will carried a few of my things, as well as a bit of Mrs. Weasely's many items.

We go back through the floo, not crashing this time, and Will had helped me organize my new items into piles of items, and put them in some bags. We would be heading back to America in the morning, leaving me a few days to recover before I had to travel back.

No doubt Will would lock me in the infirmary, but I was alright with that. But for now, we just sat with the Weasely family, plus Harry and Hermione, playing cards.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 7.2K 23
Nico is starting his second year at Hogwarts due to him not finding the horcruxes last year. When a mysterious chamber opens, and people accuse him o...
800 30 37
Marigold Potter is back for her 2nd year at Hogwarts. She technically a third year, after passing all of her exams, but it still feels weird for her...
12.2K 412 28
Another year, Nico is once again being forced to attend the school of Hogwarts. It's a casual year if you ignore the monsters, demigods, gods, wizard...
271K 7.6K 22
Percy and Annabeth had a good run, but when Percy breaks up with Annabeth because the old sparks died out what does this mean for a certain son of Ha...