By The People, For The People...

By VakeelSahiba

Year : 2045 Place : India. An Army Major who's extremely loyal to Indian Army is assigned with a mission fo... More

Characters
आपत्काल
गिरफ़्तारी
Where The Mind Is Without Fear
मुलाकात
तफ़वीज़
अगवा
खौफ़
अबाई शहर
हथकड़ी
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय
इतिहास
आग़ाज़
तख्‍तापलट
मोजिज़ा
फ़रेब
अटकल
हड़ताल
हुकूमत
आत्मसमर्पण
इल्हाम
तश्हीर
ज़ोर-आवरी
इल्तिजा
लिखाई
फ़ौजी
नाज़ाँ
ना-मा'लूम
क़ौल
हुक्मराँ
सदाक़त
त'अश्शुक़
आवाज़
तज़्लील
ख़्वाब
पनाह-गुज़ीन
आशियान
ज़फ़र
क़ल्ब
सियासत-दानी
क़ुर्बानी
शहिद
कर्ब
जदीद
ख़ाइन
अंजुमन
तक़सीम
ज़हर
ला-ज़वाल
ख़ब्ती
सा'अत
इंतिक़ाम
इक़्तिदार
सदमा
मज्ज़ूब
भारत
Epilogue

पैगाम

242 22 28
By VakeelSahiba

After his encounter with the strange bearded man, vihaan came out of the bathroom and saw Aarushi waiting for him. Even after sitting in the car Vihaan was tensed.

"What happened?" Aarushi asked.

"There was a man inside the bathroom who was very strange." Vihaan told.

"So what? Look at you.. You are also strange." Aarushi said.

Vihaan rolled his eyes.

"He was talking about kidnapping Aarushi.. He knew about us.. I am sure he knew about us" Vihaan said.

"We have to go from a border check up now Vihaan.. Stop thinking about this we are finally entering in the state of Himachal Pradesh." Aarushi said.

Vihaan nodded and stopped his car for a border checkup.

*****

Ranveer decided to finish the matter for good. He decided to talk to Aarushi and Vihaan.

He parked his car in between a quiet and cold road. The rain had stopped for sometime. He came out and sat on the car's bonnet.

Vihaan and Aarushi drove towards their final destination. The road was dark and quiet.

Aarushi was sleeping and Vihaan was driving. It was 1:30 am and he was also feeling sleepy. He yawned and widened his eyes.

Vihaan saw a car parked in between of the road and a man sitting on the bonnet. He was the same man whom vihaan saw in washroom.

"Aarushi.. Utho" Vihaan said.

Aarushi opened her eyes and saw the scene.

"Do you know him?" Vihaan asked.

"No.. I don't know." Aarushi was confused.

That man jumped on the road and came towards there car. Vihaan lowered the glass of car's window and saw him smiling.

"Aaiye.. Aaiye.." That man suddenly said. "Finally aap mil hi gaye na Major Vihaan Dixit. Dhoond liya maine aapko.."

"Excuse me.. Who are you?" Vihaan asked.

"Oh I am so sorry.. I didn't introduced myself. My name is Ranveer Deshpande. And I know you kidnapped Aarushi Tiwari." He introduced himself."Aur main usko wapis le jane aaya hoon"

Vihaan became angry and came out of the car.

"Don't you dare mess with my mission Mr Deshpande." Vihaan threatened.

"You don't dare to mess with my country's future Mr Dixit." Ranveer replied with the same intensity.

Vihaan lowered his lashes.

"The girl you are taking with you is the living witness of country's dark future." Ranveer said. "You also know that everything is wrong here."

Aarushi came out of the car.

"I don't know you.. Kaun hai aap?" Aarushi asked.

"I don't have any political identity or anything. But my wife is in jail. Ek raat bas yeh log aaye aur bole ki aapko arrest kiya jayega.. Pata nai kab tak aap jail me rahengi.. Sirf meri wife nai. Aise bahot se logoko ek raat me utha liya gaya.. Unke bacche abhi bhi bahar hai jinko ab aas pas ke log ek criminal ke baccho ki tarah dekhte hai.. " Ranveer said." Are waa.. Moghlai lagun geli kay..? " (Is it mughal reign?)

" I can't drop my mission.. It's for her safety only. Agar maine isko chhod diya toh wo log iski jaan le lenge. "Vihaan said.

" I know Major Dixit that you are not into this willingly.. Believe me neither I am.. But we are responsible citizens of this country. We have to think about future. Army dictatorship is not the option for the problems we have.. " Ranveer said.

"You are husband of Sameeksha Deshpande right?" Vihaan asked.

"Yes." Ranveer replied.

"I don't want to believe any politician." Vihaan declared.

"I am not a politician. Just look around Vihaan. Gurmeet is charismatic person.. He made people believe that emergency is for their own good. They lost all their trust on politicians. People were in very vulnerable stage and Gurmeet made them believe that army rule is their only option.. We have to stop this. "Ranveer said.

" I agree. But for now we are standing on a road. Someone might be hearing. "Aarushi said.

" Ranveer I repeat I don't trust any politician.. I also feel army can rule for betterment.. And I am sorry I can't let anyone mess with my mission "Vihaan said mysteriously.

Ranveer became confused but next second felt acute pain in his neck as someone injected something in his vein. He heard Aarushi's scream and felt everything going blur and he collapsed.

" Vihaan what the hell" Aarushi shouted.

"Shut up" Vihaan put his hand on her mouth.

Two men who made Ranveer unconscious were standing there.

"Iske gadi ko kahi chhupa do aur chabi mujhe lake dena." Vihaan told. "Kitni der lagegi isko uthne me?"

"Dose bahot hard tha sir. 2 din toh nai uthega" One man told.

"Doctor ko batake roj saline chadhwana isko jab tak hosh nai aa jata..marna nai chahiye kisi bhi halat me" Vihaan instructed.

Those men nodded. Aarushi was crying. She was feeling very bad because he was there to save her.

Vihaan literally threw Aarushi inside car. He himself sat and started driving.

"Vihaan he trusted you. He believed that you are a good person.. Aisa insan jiske sath shanti se baith ke baat ki ja sake." Aarushi was angry.

"Yeh uski bewkoofi thi." Vihaan said. "I told you I hate politicians.. I don't trust them"

"He wasn't a politician Vihaan.." Aarushi yelled. "Agar hota toh samne se aake baat nai karta.. Aise pagal jaisi harkat nai karta.."

"Jo bhi hai.. I don't want this okay. I have a separate mission. Politicians ko kya lagta hai desh ke liye yeh janana nai hai mujhe. Unko agar kuch accha chahiye hota toh pehle hi karte.." Vihaan said.

Aarushi kept crying.

"we will live in this house for some months. When everything will become normal I will drop you to your home and that's it. Mission completed." Vihaan said.

Aarushi decided not to protest at this moment. But she understood his hatred for politicians and how it's not going to change anytime soon. The hate for politicians among citizens was working as a base for downfall of democracy.

She knew it's not going to work like this. Gurmeet had support. She felt helpless. Vihaan was a trustful man but she didn't even knew for how much time she will have to stay with him.

The darkness outside was reminding her about the darkest time waiting for them.

******

Sameeksha had the same letter of Ranveer which he had send before going in search of Aarushi.

She saw date on the letter. 27 September. Then she looked at the calendar which showed today's date. 30th November.

Her heart ached. 2 months since his last letter. She hadn't heard about him from anyone. He went in search of Aarushi and then what happened to him? This was the only question which she had in her mind for 2 months. She didn't sleep properly neither she ate. Worrying about Ranveer and blaming herself for involving him into this was the only thing she did whole day.

Sumedh was restless. The isolation in which he was living was now becoming unbearable. His friends didn't comd to meet him because of extreme security he had. Only Himani was meeting him but he wasn't sure for how long it was gonna stay like that. Himani's father was getting strict day by day. He knew that Sumedh and Aarushi were neighbours and he didn't want Himani to be anywhere near Sumedh.He didn't like her friendship with Sumedh. He only knew that Sumedh was Himani's friend. Himani dreaded the day when her father would find out that Sumedh wasn't just a friend.

Sumedh was completely isolated and was aware that all the kids who stayed behind their parents are treated like this. All his time he spend on searching Ranveer. He knew that Ranveer went to Himachal Pradesh and then vanished. He wanted to go there but he was almost in detention.

"I don't understand Himani. It's been two months. Ranveer ko kaha dhunde ham? Tumhare papa ne kuch mention kiya kabhi?" Sumedh asked.

"No. Papa ko pata hai tum mere dost ho. Wo aisa kuch mere samne nahi bolte" Himani said.

"Tumhare bhai se baat hui tumhari?" Sumedh asked.

"Nahi. Usually aisa hota nahi ki 2 mahine baat nahi hui" Himani answered.

"We have lost contact with everyone. Everyone is scared now. Koi bhi tayyar nahi hai Aarushi aur Tumhare bhai ko dhundne ke liye" Sumedh said "Ranveer Sameeksha ji ka husband the phir bhi aisa.. Toh bakiyo ka kya hi.. Hum nahi jante Aarushi kaisi hai.." Sumedh said.

"Wo thik hogi Sumedh. My brother won't hurt her" She said.

"Your brother kidnapped her. That's more than hurting" Sumedh said

Himani didn't argue. He was right. Vihaan did kidnap her but she knew that there must be a strong reason behind this.

On the other side PM Indrajeet saw every power going in General Gurmeet's hands with his own eyes. In nearly 15 days after the emergency was declared, General Gurmeet was successful in his plans. Indrajeet had become a mere puppet in Gurmeet's hands.

Ranveer's family tried to find him but police were not co-operating. They had orders of not finding him from PMO.
PMO (Prime minister's office) which was now indirectly controlled by Gurmeet.

Gurmeet had massive support of Indian citizens. He became extremely popular in very less time. People were already fed up with the corrupted and good for nothing politicians. Now everyone believed that no matter which party is in power.. Everyone is same and corrupted. No one wants to work for betterment of country. The government was not doing anything to fix problems of terrorists and kashmiri insurgents and neither permitting army to solve them.

People were angry on all the procedures they have to follow for anything in their life. Long procedures, government employees taking bribes, police not taking actions. Court proceedings going on for decades. Everything was seeming impossible day by day.. Mostly for youth.

There was a history of youth being the targets for political parties. Till date parties used power and enthusiasm of youth for their own good. Youth were more prone to become victim of their propaganda and taking that propaganda further by any means.

But time changed. Youth understood that parties are using them. They started to distant themselves from politics. Mostly became apolitical. Stopped supporting politicians. This was the main reason that politics became like a family business for politicians because no one was willing to come forward and lead. So these new leaders were literally unable to give an effective government.

Youth now felt more attracted towards armed forces. They started feeling that Army officers are the real heroes. Everyone started worshipping General Gurmeet. For them he was the solution for every problem in their life. He used to write articles indirectly by other names. Praising himself and his power. Telling people how army is powerful to solve all the problems in country but government has all the powers and army is in restrictions.

2 months went after the declaration of Emergency. People still believed that emergency is for their own good. But somewhere they still had doubt about its wholeness.

But everything was fine and calm. It was like a lull before storm. The quietness was eerie and was suggesting something coming up.

On the 72nd day after declaration of emergency, At morning, when people woke up from their sleep, they were greeted with posters on the walls and on every possible thing like bus stops, cars etc. The poster had Gurmeet's face and a message written :

For last 98 years Indian citizens tried to keep their faiths in different parties and leaders but got nothing in return. It's time to look for another options rather than parties and politicians. *Do it for your next generations.*

****

पैगाम : Message : a significant political, social, or moral point that is being conveyed by a film, speech, etc.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 134 6
It's a fictional story of 1920s. Anirudh is a 19 year's old London returned barrister. He has a dream in his eyes. He want his country (India) to pro...
4.3K 374 38
Hi lovely people, This is my first ever story . Please support me and share your thoughts with me. Please give me any suggestions for the story...
4.5K 1K 29
#Book-1 in BONDS OF LOVE AND DESTINY 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒏, 𝑼𝑲 After clearing the allegations made on her, she threw the divorce papers at his face and to...
51.8K 6.8K 51
His face is leveled to mine and I can see tiny droplets of water on his face and lips as he draws closer to me, my anticipation is crazy as he moves...