Fearless

By Sinful-stories

Kiara has never felt fear in her life. Some people claim that she's faking it, but they would be wrong, of co... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 23

2.3K 128 6
By Sinful-stories

Kiara ran through the forest, trying to figure out where Rin and Amaymon had gone. She relied on Amaymon's waves of energy to lead her to him— that along with Rin's anger spiking and his demonic energy was starting to rise within him helped Kiara find her way through the forest. After a while of running on the given path, Kiara broke off, going into the thick of the trees, and despite the change of ground she was running on, Kiara didn't slow down.

That ended up to be her downfall— literally. Her foot hooked under a stray tree root and she reached her arms forwards as she started falling forwards. She landed on the ground, only to push herself up and continue running— realizing suddenly that she wasn't in the forest anymore. All around her a dark void surrounded her, dark smoke swirling at her feet.

Slowing to a stop, Kiara looked around the void, lifting up her sword as she readied herself to attack. When Irajah didn't appear, Kiara slowly started walking forwards, her footsteps echoing all around her. She stayed alert and kept her eyes peeled for any possible movement within the fog. The void seemed to go on for ages, and Kiara felt like she had been walking for hours, and she was starting to get antsy. While she was in here, there was a possibility of everyone fighting against Amaymon and risking their lives.

She was suddenly brought out of her thoughts when her foot ran into something. Looking down, Kiara's eyes widened at what she had accidentally kicked, and her heart seemed to skip a beat.

A corpse laid in front of her, crimson blood pooling around it. Though the familiar two toned hair and piercings made her tense up and her eyes start to water.

"Bon?" She chocked out. She looked up from his corpse and looked ahead, more bodies scattered around. All of them being the bodies of her classmates. She took a step back and covered her mouth, her eyes starting to water. She gritted her teeth and held back the tears that threatened to fall. "No. This isn't real. That damned demon is trying to trick me."

The corpse in front of her wavered and Kiara watched it dissolve into black smoke.

"What are you?" A voice asked, and Kiara suddenly stopped in her tracks, turning around to see an image of Bon staring at her in horror.

"What do you mean?" Kiara asked, turning and taking a step towards him.

"Stay back, monster!" Bon shouted, a look of terror on his face and fear rolled off of him in waves, causing Kiara to take a step back from the sheer intensity.

"Monster?" Kiara whispered, looking down to see her face reflected back at her— pure red eyes staring back at her. She looked from her reflection to see Bon running away into the fog, and she moved to follow after him, only to stop and ball her hands into fists, blood welling up where her nails dug into her palms. "I don't have time for this. My classmates are risking their lives out there while I'm stuck in here." She reached up and slapped her face, "Wake the fuck up!"

"I'm afraid that won't help you, dear." A voice said, and Kiara spun around to see Irajah walking up to her. "Only I can take you in and out of this realm."

Kiara didn't waste any time and ran up to him, outstretching her sword out in front of her. She screamed as the sword went through his side. She looked up at him, rage burning in her eyes, "You know, you seem to call me at the absolute worst times."

Irajah scowled, "Insolent girl." He took a step back, blood dripping from Kiara's sword. "Do you have any idea what you've done?"

"Yeah, I've given you what you deserve. Now you'd better take me out of this place before I decide to aim for your head." She seethed.

"How inconsiderate. I brought you here and gave you a gift. And what do I get in return? A sword in my side." Irajah sighed as his eyes glinted red, a look of anger on his face. "Fine. Go back and save your friends. They are only a temporary after all."

Kiara opened her eyes with a start, sitting up and seeing that she was back in the forest, the moon shining through the leaves. She got to her feet, wincing when there was a sharp pain in her ankle. She must of sprained it when she tripped over the root. Breathing in sharply, Kiara ignored the pain and started running, a sharp pain running through her leg with each step.

As she ran, she felt something new— fear. It wasn't hers, but she could feel it and practically follow it to its source. She erupted into a clearing and looked at the destruction laid out in front of her.

Rin was on his knees struggling to get up, while Shima and Konekomaru were both on the ground, Konekomaru holding his arm with a look of pain and Shima laying still, and if that sight didn't enrage her enough, Kiara's eyes widened when she saw Amaymon gripping onto Bon's neck, lifting him in the air.

She didn't waste any time and lunged forwards, drawing her sword back. "Get the fuck away from him!" She shouted, bringing the sword down on Amaymon, being careful to avoid Sheimi, who was being held by the demon. She stopped in mid air as the demon stopped it with a single finger. Though it looked like Kiara had made him let go of Bon, who was now back on his own two feet holding onto his neck.

"Why did you do that? He laughed at me. I had every right to hurt him." Amaymon said, turning to Kiara and moving his finger ever so slightly to send Kiara flying back.

Kiara let out a grunt of pain when her back made contact with a tree. She head a small crack and a sharp pain ran through her chest. She grunted, ignoring the pain and stood back up, a look of pure anger on her face as she looked at Amaymon, who had turned his attention back to Bon.

Immediately she started running, once again brining her sword up. "Hey, broccoli head!" She shouted, getting his attention once again. Though this time when she went to swing, she stopped her sword mid-air and threw it to her other hand, now aiming for Amaymon's side. She felt a hand wrap around her neck the moment her sword made contact.

She looked from her sword to Amaymon, who now had a dark expression on his face. "That's not nice, now is it?" He asked, his grip tightening.

"Does it look like I give a shit about that?" Kiara choked out. "Honestly, I can't believe I ever called you uncle when, actually, you're nothing to me." Kiara looked to see that Bon had moved away and was helping Rin stand up, scolding the half demon as he did so. Her eyes widened as Amaymon's grip tightened even more, and she reached up with her free hand to try to pry his hand away.

"Don't ignore me." He said.

"I'll... ignore... whoever I damn... well please." Kiara forced out, pulling her sword from his side and lifting her leg and landing a solid kick to his stomach. His hand left her neck and she fell to the ground, coughing and gasping for air. Though before she could catch her breath, there was sudden pain in the back of her head and her face was forced into the ground.

"You're so annoying." Amaymon said, pressing his heel further into Kiara's head.

The pressure left her head and Kiara looked up to see that Bon had thrown himself at Amaymon to get him off of Kiara.

"Bon! You idiot!" Kiara shouted, trying to get up despite her body protesting. She could feel the fear radiating off of him— it was unbearable. Her eyes widened when she watched Amaymon grab onto Bon's throat and lifted him up into the air. She struggled to her feet, looking back at Rin who was looking at his sword.

"Stop!" Rin shouted suddenly, looking up with rage blazing in his eyes.

Nearby, Yukio burst out of the forest, looking over towards Rin with a terrified expression on his face and fear rolling off of him. "Rin! It's a trap! Don't fall for it!"

Kiara looked from Yukio to Rin, watching as he took off the cover to his sword.

"Yukio, I'm sorry. I guess I just don't got in me to keep lying to everybody." Rin said, "So I decided, I wanna use my power, to do something good. For everyone!" Rin said. He draw his sword and Kiara watched as he erupted into Blue flames, his tail breaking free from where he had hid it.

Amaymon started laughed, and Kiara watched as he dropped both Bon and Sheimi. Konekomaru jumped forwards to catch Sheimi. Her eyes moved from the two back to Amaymon, who was now running towards Rin with a smile on his face. The two of them started fighting, sword against nails.

"Holy Crap." Shima uttered.

"I-is Okumura what I think he is?" Konekomaru stuttered.

"The sword. Kurikara." Bon muttered, looking up at the two fighting with an awed expression.

Before anything more could happen, Yukio ran up to the group. By then, Kiara had managed to flip herself around and sit up, focusing on not passing out. A warm liquid ran down the back of her neck and she knew that she most likely had a concussion— and probably a few broken ribs, though she wasn't concerned- they would heal soon enough. What bothered her was the amount of fear in the air, Kiara found it hard to breath. She stayed where she was, watching through blurred eyes as Yukio took the parasite out of Sheimi's neck.

"Hey, is everyone okay?" Someone called and Kiara looked up, seeing the older woman run up to the group.

"Where have you been all this time?" Yukio asked.

"Well I wasn't fartin' around, that's for sure! I was fightnin' Amaymon's pet!" She pointed her thumb over her shoulder, "We've gotta bail now. It's not safe here."

In the distance there were some explosions and flashes of blue. She muttered something before looking back towards the group, "Alright, everyone, lets go lets go! Those who can, help those who have been badly injured."

Kiara stood up, stumbling from the sudden pain and nausea that ran through her at the sudden movement. Someone walked up to her and she looked up, her golden eyes meeting with Bon's brown ones.

"You're injured. You shouldn't be walking." He said.

"What? You want me to let you carry me?" Kiara asked, giving him a shaky smile. "I don't think so. I can walk just fine." She took a step, wincing as pain ran through her, she forced herself to hold back a groan of pain as she bit her tongue, her fangs drawing a bit of blood.

"Don't be prideful." Bon said, looking down at Kiara with a stern expression. He took a step closer to her and picked her up, carrying her bridal style in his arms. "I'm carrying you back whether you like it or not."

Kiara's cheeks warmed up as the group started walking.

"Hey, didn't I tell you not to follow me?" She asked, looking up at him.

"Like hell I wasn't going to go after you. You can't just run after one of the eight demon kings of hell and not expect me to go after you, idiot." Bon said, ending the conversation there.

As they continued walking through the forest, Kiara found it harder and harder to keep her eyes open, and the warmth from Bon's chest wasn't helping her case. Her eyelids started to fall, and eventually she gave in, the last thing she was aware of was the sound of Bon's heart beating.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 1.3K 14
In this story,you are a newcomer to True Cross Academy. Your tragic backstory has brought you to this school. Cram School is the only place you know...
574 22 24
y/N didn't exactly hate her life, but as the second born she of an elite exorcist family she had to uphold all expectations and reputations of the fa...
6.2K 288 45
The hooded person smirked coldly and mischievously, wishing the dark-haired boy had actually been hit but hit by the pink limousine, then there would...
1.3K 77 15
Note-* I can never remember how old everyone is. So all characters have been aged up. Except for Shura who has been aged down a bit. " Warning Lemons...