blue lights ━━━ 𝑱. 𝑲𝑳𝑰𝑵...

By carelesslex

❝ the lights are up for you ❞ ── ✎ ↳ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 rose holloway falls in love with the devil's son... More

𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒
000. ❪ soundtrack ❫
001. ❪ act one ❫
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.

chapter three.

1.3K 47 3
By carelesslex

ACT ONE, CHAPTER THREE

patience   ───   ( episode 3 )

     ROSE WALKED WITH Sam down the hallway of the bunker. The duo stopped at Jack's door, knocking on the wood. Sam carried a light gray laptop and Rose held onto a flash drive. In all honesty, Rose had forgotten about the flash drive and only remembered it when she was cleaning her room. She had remembered when Kelly gave it to her, just days before the night she passed.

"Who is it?" Jack yelled out from the other side of the door. "It's Rose and Sam." Rose replied. She tapped her foot as she waited for the young nephilim to open the door. "Hey. Just checking in. You haven't come out since we set you up. That's fine, I mean it's all been pretty insane I'm sure. Anyway, we brought you something. Please, have a seat." Rose walked behind Jack as he sat down on his own bed, the bed sheets shifting with his movements. Rose placed the laptop in his hands, his eyes watched her every movement.

"Before you were born, your mom left you a message. I know you have a bunch of questions and hopefully this is a start." Rose mumbled. Jack looked up at Rose as if to say that he didn't know how to use the laptop. The sudden realization hit Rose and the dark haired girl nervously struggled to start the video. "Okay uh- here you go. Just push this button when you are ready." Rose turned the laptop back to Jack.

Rose turned back around and was about to follow Sam out the door when a cold hand wrapped around her wrist. "Thank you." Jack mumbled.

Rose smiled back at him and stood beside Sam at the doorway. The two watched as Jack pressed play on the video and Kelly's voice echoed through the speakers.

"Hi Jack, it's uh... I'm your mom. I guess I should tell you, um, I always wanted to be a mom. I'd play with dolls. I was that kind of girl and daydream about my baby."

Rose observed Jack's movements from the doorway. The way his eyes would wander the room the video was recorded in, or the way that he smiled when Kelly did. Even the way his mouth was left slightly agape when Kelly cried, knowing that she wouldn't be able to see her son grow up. It pained Rose to watch, but she wasn't able to rip her eyes away.

Rose sighed when she heard Sam's phone ring from beside her and she ushered for him to answer it down the hall so Jack could finish the video.

"Jack, don't let anyone tell you who you're supposed to be. Because who you're supposed to be isn't fate, it isn't me, it isn't your father. You are who you choose to be. And I know you're going to be okay. You are going to be amazing. You have an angel watching over you."

Rose smiled to herself─ she missed Castiel. The angel was her best friend. And if he was there, Rose was sure that he would still believe in Jack. Sam walked back in and pulled Rose to the side.

"That was Missouri." Sam spoke, tapping his phone against his left hand. "The place?" Rose furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "No, Missouri Moseley. She's a friend, who's also psychic." Sam explained. "Well what happened?" Rose questioned as she shoved a strand of her dark hair away from her face. "It has to do with a monster doesn't it?" Rose added as Sam nodded in confirmation.

"I want to go, I really do. But Jack, we can't just leave him here. And he's definitely not ready for a case. You and Dean can go, I'll stay here with him." Rose offered. Sam shook his head, "No, you're right. We should just call Jody and put her on it." Sam said as he looked down at the girl.

『••✎••』

     "THANK YOU, JODY. Yes I know, love you too." Rose smiled, hanging up her phone as Dean walked in. "What's up?" The oldest Winchester looked at Rose and Sam. "You'll never believe this. I got a call from Missouri Moseley." Sam muttered as he looked up at his brother. "Wow. What's it been, like a decade?" Dean guessed, walking past them.

"More."

"How is she?" Dean questioned. "Not great. She said that she got out of the life for a while but something happened and she needed help with a case, so Rose put Jody on it." Sam shrugged.

"Why would you do that?" Dean snarled, turning to Rose. "Excuse me?" Rose scoffed. "Because we need to stay here. We need to help Jack learn how to control his powers. Jody can handle this." Sam spoke up, not wanting the two to argue. It wasn't often when the two argued, but ever since Cas died, Dean just felt so angry at the world and he would often take his anger out on Rose or Sam.

And Rose, she felt responsible for the angel's death. Like she could have done more to save him. The two had lost someone so important to them and his death only drove them further away. 

"Yeah, maybe she can. Or maybe she ends up dead because you wanted to skip out on her to babysit your little boyfriend." Dean barked at Rose. "You know what, screw you. He's a kid and you can't get your head out of your ass for five seconds to even notice that he is nothing like Lucifer. " Rose scrunched up her nose as she yelled.

"Dean, we need him." Sam piped up.

"No, don't."

"Mom..."

"Don't. You... If you want to stay here and Mr. Miyagi this kid, knock yourself out. I didn't sign up for that. So I'm going to go to work." Dean muttered, walking away.

『••✎••』

     "TRAIN ME TO do what?" Jack asked as he eyed the wooden pencil Sam held in his hand. Rose and Sam stood around a small table and Jack sat in a dark brown wooden chair, in a closed off room that the two had put him in to help him control his powers.

Rose wasn't all for it. She knew Sam only wanted to help because it benefited him in getting Mary back. But she still helped, because whether she liked it or not, Jack needed to learn how to control his powers. "I've seen what you can do, Jack. You're powerful, but you have to learn to control it. You know, to focus." Rose uttered to Jack.

"So I don't hurt anyone, anymore."

"Exactly. See this pencil? We want you to move it. With your mind." Rose explained, Sam placed the pencil on the table and moved away to give him room. "That's it?" Jack looked up at the girl. "Yup. That's it."

Jack looked at the pencil intensely, whilst Rose whispered words of encouragement. He glanced at Rose who nodded, "You got this."

『••✎••』

     "I CAN'T. NOTHING. I'm useless." Jack sighed, his hand hovered over the pencil that sat on the table, not moving. "Alright. Jack, when you did use your powers, what was it like?" Sam crossed his arms.

"I don't... It was like, breathing, blinking. It just happens."

"Even with Asmodeus, that just happened?" Rose questioned. She didn't want to push the boy too much, she just wanted to help him control his powers. "No, he made me. It was like, like he was in my head." Jack described. His voice was soft and low.

"Okay then imagine him doing that." Sam suggested.

"No!" Jack's face flushed a bright red.

"No? Why not?"

"Because I don't want to! It's just... I can't do this! And you two keep staring at me, waiting!" Jack yelled, growing irritated. Rose looked up at Sam who shrugged. Rolling her eyes, she looked back at Jack. "You know what, let's take a break." She suggested.

"Really?"

"Yeah, we'll get some food. Just. You stay here, try to relax. When we get back, we'll try again." Sam mumbled, walking out the door. Rose looked back at Jack who was slouching in the chair, sighing as his hands played with the wooden pencil. Rose stared at him for a moment before walking out the room.

It was odd for Rose too want to help someone that the old her would've probably killed. She had become a different person when she met Castiel. Even when she met the Winchesters, Rose still believed that everyone who was destined to be bad, was going to live up to that. Castiel,  however, showed her that no one is what they are destined to be. That people can choose who they wanted to be.

She chose who she wanted to be. Rose was destined to be bad, just like Jack. Chuck himself had told her so. But instead she became the person her Dad had fought for her to be. A savior. A hunter. So even if it took everything out of Rose, she was going to help Jack with his powers. 

Because Castiel had help her be someone different, she was gonna help Jack be good.

『••✎••』

     SAM HAD SUGGESTED that they put a camera in the room to give Jack some space so he could concentrate. Rose sat in a chair with her legs hung over the armrests, tossing a blue ball in the air and catching it. Sam sat in another chair, reading the drama of the gifted child, and computer in front of him so he could watch Jack.

Rose sighed in boredom and hovered over Sam's shoulder looking at the computer. "Where is he?" Rose asked, looking at the live security footage, not seeing Jack. Sam placed the book down, his gaze fell to the computer.

"Damn it!" Sam yelled, Sam and Rose rushed down to the room. Rose barged in, the door slammed hitting the wall. Her eyes wandered the room and finally fell on Jack who sat in a darker corner fiddling with the pencil. "Jack, what're you doing?" Rose asked, walking over to him. "I moved the pencil." He mumbled. "Okay, look. I know this isn't exactly fun-" Sam muttered.

"No, it's the opposite of fun." Jack replied harshly. "Okay, but why is it so hard? I've seen you throw people across the room. I've been thrown across the room by you. I've seen you open a gate to hell and now nothing? It doesn't make any sense." Sam furrowed his eyebrows.

"It makes sense, if I'm evil." Jack uttered. 

"What?" Rose moved closer to Jack. 

"Just, go. Please." Jack whispered.

"No, Jack. Why do you think you're evil? Because when I look at you, that's not what I see." The dark haired girl looked at the nephilim, his eyes glossy.

"Yeah well, Dean sees it. That's why he says... he said he'd kill me."

"He what?" Rose growled. "And maybe he should. Mom said I could be good, that I had the choice to be good, that it was up to me. But she's dead, because of me. I've only been on earth for a few days and I've already hurt people. I've already done bad things, and no matter how hard I try I can't... I can't do the one good, stupid thing you want me to. So I must be evil, like Lucifer." Jack's voice began to break as he spoke. He kept his head down and refused to look at the two.

"Jack, listen, Asmodeus tricking you, Dean, none of that is your fault. I think that after everything that's happened you're probably scared to use your power, and us pressuring you certainly isn't helping."

"Really?" Jack's eyes lit up and a smile formed on his lips. "Really. What do you say we call it? Until I figure out a better way. How does that sound?" Sam suggested to the boy. "It sounds... good." Jack agreed with a nod. "Good. Come on." Rose reached one of her small hands out for Jack to grab, helping him stand.

"Why are you guys being so nice to me?" Jack asked.

"Because we know what it feels like, to feel like you don't belong. To feel like there's this darkness inside of you, to be scared of who you are, what you can do. Rose, Dean, Cas, my family helped me through that. So now we want to help you, because you're not evil, Jack."

『••✎••』

     "HOW WAS IT? Uh, Jody told me about Missouri." Sam frowned as Dean walked down the steps of the bunkers entrance. "Yeah, just another day at the office. How's the kid? He go dark side yet?" Dean scoffed and placed his duffle bag down on the map table. "Nope. He is pretty messed up though." Rose replied.

"You're telling me." Dean scoffed. "No, Dean. He's messed up because of you. Dean, you said you'd kill him." The young girl raised her voice at Dean. "It wasn't exactly like that." Dean sighed in annoyance. "Then how exactly was it?"

"I told him the truth. See, you think you can use this freak but I know how this ends and it ends bad." Dean bellowed at the girl and his brother.

"Freak? He is a kid." Rose scoffed.

"I didn't." Sam piped up.

"What?"

"I didn't end bad. When I was the freak, when I was drinking demon blood. Or what about when Rose was a demon, she didn't end bad." Sam stood from his chair and began to walk towards Dean. "Come on man, that's totally different." Dean shrugged. "Was it? Because you could've put a bullet in me. Dad told you to put a bullet in me, but you didn't! You saved me and you saved her! So help us save him!" Sam begged.

"You both deserved to be saved, he doesn't!"

"Yes he does, Dean, of course he does!" Rose yelled. "People are living in hell, being tortured because of me. I was a demon. And yet you still believed I was good. Jack hasn't done anything wrong and you think he's like Lucifer. It isn't fair for him." Rose shook her head at Dean.

"Look, I know you think that you can use him as some sort of an interdimensional can-opener and that's fine, but don't act like you care about him. Because you only care about what he can do for you. So if you want to pretend, that's fine. But me? I can hardly look at the kid. Because when I do all I see is everybody we've lost!"

"Mom chose to take that shot at Lucifer. That is not on Jack!" Sam argued.

"And what about Cas?"

"What about Cas?" Rose asked as she crossed her arms over her chest. "He manipulated him, he made him promises, said, paradise on earth and Cas bought it and you know what that got him? It got him dead! Now you might be able to forget about that, but I can't!" Dean yelled.

"I know what Jack promised and I'm not forgetting what happened. But do you seriously think that Cas would've wanted you to treat him like this. Jack might stick to his promise, I don't know. He needs help and we are the only ones who can help him." Rose explained. Dean scoffed at the dark haired girl and shoved past her. There were just some things that Rose just couldn't change, even if she wanted to.

   WORDS, 2524

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.8K 1K 29
A book of one-shots about the adorable little Nephilim we know as Jack Kline. Most of the time you'll be Dean's daughter but if you want to suggest a...
101K 906 40
One shots of the TV show Supernatural. Requests are open! WARNING⚠️: Includes SMUT, fluff and sad stuff. 16+ read at own risk (I'm just trying to not...
13.4K 837 12
cover it all up with lies i try to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes cause 𝗕𝗢𝗬𝗦 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗖𝗥𝗬 ◦•◦ seasons 3 - ?? *slow updates* ◦•◦ W...
177K 4.9K 23
DEVIL IN ME| "human's make mistakes all the time, but the good ones don't run away from their problems, they deal with them". [SUPERNATURAL SEASON 1...