The Third Eye (Book One: Civi...

By ilsthewierdo

HIGHEST RANKING: #9 IN EXTRATERRESTRIAL Phoenix arrived to Phoenix, Arizona when she was not a week old. Her... More

Prologue Part One: Queen Of The Galactic Empire of Wyvern Reach
Introducing Angelo Mathews
Earlier Memories: Online
Earlier Memories: The Café
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Four Bonus Scene: Meanwhile....
Chapter Five
Chapter Five Bonus Scene: Scanning For Her
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Eight 1/2
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter 17
Chapter 18: Finale Pt. 1

Chapter Eleven

9 5 13
By ilsthewierdo

"Well, congrats. You can best a rank J. As in joke. Seriously, are all humans this clumsy in combat?" Diano scoffs. It's their third day in training. "You managed to use your Toksin once, by firing a single fireball. Outstanding."

"Your heinous sarcasm is what's outstanding."Angelo glares at Diano. Angelo would never say this out loud, but despite the Prince's many talents he's a terrible teacher. How can you expect me to learn when you can't even teach?

"Die Die, I'll take it from here." A woman speaks from out of Angelo's view. He turns around to see the woman that raised Phoenix, Arrivian. All healed and stunning in a lavish red dress-robe. Both Angelo and Diano seemed relieved to see her.

"Fine by me. Good luck." Diano scowls and leaves to the black and gold door. Arrivian kneels down to the crouched Angelo's level. They make eye contact, and she smiles so warmly.

"Well if there's one thing I know how to do, it's to turn ordinary people into magnificent other-worldly beings." She says smoothly. Angelo can't imagine how hard Phoenix's kidnapping has been on Arrivian, or the news of the pregnancy. Arrivian could hardly handle it, and training younger soldiers had always gotten her mind off of things. "Taki, would you be a dear and hang my robe in the SSS room?" Arrivian calls to a soldier in a pink uniform. Judging by the placement of the pink door among the others, pink must be a rank E. The pink rushes over to retrieve her lavish robe, and he runs to the last door. The SSS room door is black with a streak of iridescent rainbow through the middle.

When Angelo lays his eyes back on Arrivian, she's standing in a glorious black suit with iridescent rainbow lining and stitching. She has golden chains draping all over her limbs and torso. The suit itself is of completely different design than any other. It's a two piece; the top is a long sleeve turtleneck crop top with the shoulders cut out. The bottom is similar to a loincloth, only much longer and much more elegant. She has black leggings underneath and thigh-high steel boots. Only it's definitely not steel. The strange metal is a glassy and iridescent silver. Her long red hair braids itself into one of those princess hairdos from movies, no longer draping even past her ears.

"Wow." Angelo blurts.

"Yes well, being the first SSS rank in hundreds of years earns some decoration." Arrivian giggles. She must be nearly 52 in Earth years, but looks not a day over 25. She puts her hand on Angelo's shoulder. "Let's start with something simple. Back to greens with you, we'll train with a group first."

*

*

*

"Dude. The thing is already dead, you don't have to kill it." Darius stares as Diano attacks the mountain of foods on his platter. Diano ignores his brother's comment, tearing through some sort of leg. Darius sighs at his brother's carnage, turning to his own smaller platter. Diano's appetite is the size of Harvinal's ego. Darius snickers to himself. Darius could never stomach a large meal, he could hardly eat a decent sized meal. Diano on the other hand eats the equivalent of two tons a week. And he burns it faster than he can eat it. Literally burns it. Diano can generate temperatures of up to 30,000,000 Kelvin and he can withstand the heat of up to 56,000,000 Kelvin. There's a reason the people call him the 'Heat of a thousand stars'. Well, his fangirls call him that for a different reason.

The more he uses his Toksin the more he has to eat. When Diano was about five (Earth)years old, he refused to take breaks from training to eat. He was a obsessed with training to the point of it nearly killing him. Diano generated flames at the same time as exerting his physical body in combat for two weeks straight without even sleep. He climbed from a Rank K to a Rank C during that time. He would have kept going, too, had he not collapsed. Darius recollects the moment of horror and cringes. Dar, as well as everyone under Wyvern rule, thought that Diano had died. The boy was practically a shriveled skeleton, with no meat on his bones. It took three years before Diano could manifest even a simple flame again, and he had to start his training all over.

"Prince Diano?" A woman walks into the dining hall. "Ah, there you are. Lady Arrivian would like to speak with you. It seems she has completed Angelo's physical training, but when it comes to mastering his Toksin she figures it would be best if you could assist her."

"Hah, please." Diano scoffs as the woman leads him to the training hall. "Like a puny human could ever even hope to dream of mastering Tok-" He stops in his tracks when the doors open and the training hall is up in flames. He spots Juniper, another SS Toksin soldier with pretty much the opposite ability as him, spewing jetstreams of water into the flames. "That hecking idiot."

Diano grits his teeth and attempts to command the flames to disipate. Since it's his Toksin that went into Angelo's body Diano thought he could control it, but apparently he can't. Diano growls in rage as he sets out to find Angelo and Arrivian in the massive training center. Juniper lays eyes on him and surfs her way to him on a stream of her creation. "Diano! What the hell?" She slaps him.

He glares at her, "Believe it or not, it isn't my fault this time."

"Sure, Mr. Heat of A Thousand Stars. Two soldiers passed out from the heat, I had to keep hundreds of soldiers cooled off as I evacuated them! My water is hardly able to work before it evaporates, I have to put ten times the effort into a single drop as usual!" She nags Diano's ears off as she accompanies him on his search. "What were you thinking, bringing a human into this?! And then you nearly got him killed, and he has your Toksin!"

Diano groans in frustration. Juniper has always known how to get on his nerves. The fact that their Toksins are polar oppostites is practically poetic. "Would you shut it already? I let him tag along because of his relationship with my sister, not that it's any of your business!"

"Oh, why didn't you say so?" Juniper's mood flops. Diano nearly forgot that she's a hopeless romantic. "Even a way amongst the cosmos can't stop the power of love, I should've known. Of course the only thing to convince a cowardly human to join the most bloody war the universe has yet seen would be true love!"

Diano's mood only worsens the more she preaches. The two of them go way back, in fact they're childhood friends. But as they grew up they're mindsets began to differ, and now they can't stand eachother. She was another student of Qieth's, which is where they first met.

Juniper is a one armed orphan, her parents were both Toksin soldiers and nobles before they died in the most bloody battle of the war. Prior to that battle, there were over five million Toksin soldiers. Now there's under four hundred. The Wyvern death toll was twenty three figures. No injured casualties, because no soldier deployed in that war on either side survived. The Snakur army during that battle was just a sacrifice to destroy the Wyvern armada. They detonated the star in that solar system, a Red Giant, and the supernova destroyed an entire galactic quadrant. Fifteen inhabited planets under Wyvern rule were wiped out.

Diano supposes his respect for her parents is why he puts up with her these days.

Juniper nudges Diano with her elbow. He turns his head to glare at her but sees that she's pointing to two shadows in the sea of flames. He rolls his eyes when he sees that the SSS Rank Arrivian isn't doing anything to cease the immense fire. Juniper creates a stream of water for them to ride over to the shadows, offering Diano her hand. He grunts, but takes her hand. They surf the stream on a board of ice, and as soon as they reach the others Diano leaps off.

He walks over to Angelo, who seems to freak out when he catches sight of the Prince. Angelo puts his hands in front of his face in defense as Diano approaches, ready to grab the human by his shirt and rant out his annoyance.

But when Angelo throws his hands up in defense, every flame in the center disipates, and the room is immediately cooled. Juniper sighs, irritated that all it took was one look from Diano to scare Angleo into getting rid of his flames subconsciously.

"Prince! So thoughtful of you to join us, I ran into a roadblock when teaching him, apparently the disipating of flames and letting go of telekinesis are too different. I can teach him how to activate it, but not so much with deactivating it." Arrivian smiles, clapping her hands together once. Diano finds it hard to be mad at such a role model. Arrivian was believed to have given her life to save the first queen, unsuccessfully, but was worshipped as a hero nonetheless. She's every Wyvern's idol, too, due to the fact that she's a SSS Rank with over six dozen Wyvern victories under her belt that she accomplished on her own and another hundred or so wars that she participated in that also ended in our favor.

"Angelo, get up." Diano glares. "And Jun," He spots the aquatic maestro beginning to tiptoe away. "Someone's going to need to cool the atmosphere when it gets too heated."

Juniper gulps. She knows he's not talking about the fire, he's talking about himself. It's no secret the the eldest Prince has quite the temper. "Of course, Die-Die."

Diano flinches when she uses his nickname. He kinda wants to sock her but in all the wars he's fought he's never once hurt a girl. He wasn't about to break that streak. Afterall, he's the one who gave her permission to call him that in the first place. Back when they were, like, seven. He never took back his offer, either.

"Alright, shall we?" Diano announces to the group. Arrivian smiles, Angelo gulps, and Juniper beams.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 2.9K 52
The mafia princess has gone, and the Queen has returned. Born to the most dangerous family in the world, Elle was a beautiful, innocent girl who has...
494 16 33
Once upon a time, there was a young boy who experienced constant pain. The only person who truly stayed by his side was Kallie, his sister. She was h...
737K 16.9K 43
***COMPLETED*** This story was written when I was very young, so I personally find it cringe... read at your own risk 😶 Needs editing. Mafia romanc...
21 0 5
There is nothing as powerful in life as your first love. When this happens after clacking to a strange new world where people reverse age-let's say i...