Gifted to the Alpha (SAMPLE)...

By TheDirtySaint

Forget what you know about the fairytales of werewolves. There's no such thing as a moon goddess, there's no... More

DISCLAMER
Pamper
Graduation
Harvest
Towser
PUBLISHING

Quintessence

84.4K 2K 475
By TheDirtySaint

You know those love story's you read on the internet? The ones where the mean alphas meet their loving mates, and the world is right again. Well, forget about that, because those are just fantasies. In the real-world wolves are predators. They hunt, kill and eat. Forget about the moon goddess, she doesn't exist. Forget about mates, there's no such thing. Being a werewolf is a curse, but not the one you're thinking of.

When their bones shatter and their beast's take over, they are not the wolves that look like dogs. They are beast with long claws standing on two feet. They can shift whenever they feel like it. Whenever they want to. The full moon doesn't have any effect on them. Most importantly they are always hungry. A thirst for blood, like a vampire, only they eat meat. A beast that is cruel, heartless, an animal by all accounts. What drives them? Power. Their curse is the blood lust, the need to kill. A true predator at the top of the food chain. People call them wolves, werewolves, beasts or Lycan's. They're all the same, they're all monsters.

Not even the police will touch them, for fear of death. We govern ours; they govern their's. Been that way for centuries. The mountains are theirs, but the valleys are ours. A peace treaty established long ago. Only, in order for us to keep a treaty, we had to sacrifice. There are around fifteen thousand residents who reside on our countryside.

The pack of West Point, led by Alpha Greyson, has a pack of close to two hundred. All living right outside of our quaint little town. The peace kept by giving a harvest girl to the pack. To do with as they pleased, of course.

Every year a girl, between the ages of fifteen to twenty, is reaped. She is then given to the pack alpha as a gift. The sentience given is one year, after that they are free to stay or go. But no one has ever returned. Like I said they are free to do as they please. Even kill if they desire.

This was my last year to be reaped. I had finally turned twenty. I was about to graduate from community college at the end of this week. Harvest week. Friday was graduation, Saturday was harvest. Purposely done by our community. So that way students could move forward with their lives. Or be taken without a second thought. A life wasted if you ask me.

But there was no fighting the treaty. All those who wanted to go to college went to the community college in town. Forced to stay or else their families would be slaughtered. Wolves had a way of hunting you down. It's in their nature.

"Luna, you ready yet?" My sister urgently spoke. "We're going to be late!" She yelled once again, smashing her hand against the door frame. Annoyance ridden in her body language. I looked up from the book I was reading.

"I've been waiting on you." I smiled. "Remember?" I said, a little condescending towards her.

She simply rolled her eyes, tucking her blond bobbed hair behind her ear just before stomping off down the stairs. I quickly got out of bed, saving my place in my book. Tucking it in my bookbag. Today was Thursday. My last day of actual classes. Relief was felt but also a pinch of anxiety. After tomorrow what would the world bring? Where would I be? Off to a university or in a cage?

I shudder at the thought, following after my sisters' footsteps. Our old wooden staircase, creaking with every step. I loved this old house, on the inside it looked Victorian, looking more beautiful with age. The outside of our house however, looked just like any other home, nothing special. It was a hidden gem, in our little community. I was shocked my mother payed so little for it.

"I'm waiting." Skylee sassed, sarcastically. Standing next to the front door. She too was going to college, only this was her first year. She still had summer classes though. I smiled to myself, looking at the anger building up in her little body. She was such a firecracker.

I moseyed over to the door, where she impatiently stood, tapping her foot. She threw her hood over her head, stepping out of the house. I walked behind her to our old, beat up, shit brown Buick. We weren't rich if that's what you were thinking, we had an old home, old cars, and as my father likes to say, we have old souls. He however was no longer with us. Died in a car accident, just before we moved here. Hell, he was the reason we moved, to put it all behind us.

Only we moved to the wrong town. Because once you move in, there's no moving out. Well, your parents can leave but their kids can't. Wolves and their damn rules, making our lives miserable, at every corner. My mother was a nurse, offered a job, here in West Point. Good pay, ok hours, and far from the past. It's because of her I decided to start my path to become a nurse. Skylee, on the other hand, was going to school to be a veterinarian. Taking business classes in the process as well. All I know for sure is she wanted to be in the big city. Who could blame her, right?

We pulled into the university parking lot and before I turned off the car. Sky jumped out running for the school doors.

"Love you too " I yelled. Only to see her throw her arm in the air, showing she heard. I giggled to myself. She acts like she hates me, but she loves me more than life itself. She is the sky to my moon, and I the moon in her sky. Sisters.

I started my walk across campus, it wasn't too far. The college only had four buildings. I smiled and waved to a few people who were walking in the opposite direction when I bumped into Justin.

"Lu, excited to do nothing today?" He chirped. A smile beaming so wide, you could fit a whole banana in there.

I smirked, rolling my eyes playfully. He was my first friend, college friend that is. We started our program together, cheering one another on. It was nice to have support with nursing, lots of studying.

"Yes, Justin. We get to do nothing today. Except get ready for tomorrow." I smiled back.

"This is so amazing! Have you thought of any universities you want to go to? We could go together! We're a team! You and me." He playfully nudged me with his elbow.

"By team you mean, me quizzing you. And you snoring two-seconds later." I giggled.

He huffed now rolling his eyes at me. "That was one time!" He exclaimed, making me laugh.

"We'll see." I said, disappointment in my tone. Saturday was the harvest; I may be losing my future. Who knows?

Justin knew exactly where I was coming from. His older sister had been a harvest girl. She was fifteen when she left, she would have been twenty-four now. But sadly, she never came back, and life went on. It was a cruel fate for us girls. The wolves cared nothing for the boys. Lucky for them, they could do as they pleased.

The class was filled with seniors, all running around. Jumping from table to table picking up their things for graduation. We signed papers, collected our cap and gowns. Spoke to some university booths, Justin and I both liked UCLA. Then heading off to grab our graduation gifts, the lady's receiving gold necklaces. While the men received gold rings. It was a class thing we all paid for. Something symbolic to remind us of how far we have come.

I immediately placed the necklace on with Justin's help of course. Those clasps are so hard to get sometimes. Before we knew it, everything was done. We were ready to walk across that stage and move on with our lives. If there was a life to move on too. I wanted more from my life, but only time will tell.

Justin and I parted, he had to head for work. Pizzas don't deliver themselves! I walked back across campus to a waiting Sky, leaning against the car door. She looked tired, exhausted from her studies.

"Ready?" I smiled.

She looked up at me wiping her hands down her face. Nodding, 'yes'. I unlocked my door, then reached over to unlock hers. She slumped down into the car seat, laying her head back. Closing her eyes.

"Rough day?" I chimed. Only for her to give me a hum in return.

We drove home, keeping the chitchat to a minimum, she was exhausted after all. I didn't start to feel tired until the moment we slammed the car doors shut. Sky sluggishly walked into the house, plopping down on the couch. While I went straight to the kitchen, starting dinner. Like I did every night when my mother worked. Tonight, was my famous chipotle honey barbecue chicken, with green beans and mash potatoes. My mother was going to love it. Sky would too, once she woke up, currently she was sawing z's.

It didn't take me long to finish up. I quickly ate, letting Sky sleep until I was finished, packing my mother's dinner. I woke Sky up and made sure to grab my badge. Without it I wouldn't be able to see my mother. I was a harvest girl and the wolves would never let a harvest girl leave town. The hospital just so happens to be right outside of city limits. Wolf territory, one of their stipulations in the treaty.

I pulled up to the gate, when a wolf stepped forward. His name was Carson, he wasn't as bad as the others but a beast, nonetheless.

"Luna, badge." He grumbled.

This was a nightly thing, me bring my mother dinner and Carson grumbling at me for my identification. He saw me almost every night, right around the same time like clockwork. I lifted my badge, showing him the pass like I usually do. He huffed, pushing a button allowing me to pass. I drove to the top, parking right up front. I walked past the front desk like always, waving. Receiving smiles in return. I walked the stairs to the fourth floor, paging my mother to the front desk.

I waited there for about ten minutes, until my mother sped walked down the hall. She smiled at me, giving me a great big hug and a kiss to my head.

"What did my chef make for me this evening?" She playfully asked. Taking the plastic container from my hands. Lifting the lid, she smelled the heavenly scent of delicious chicken.

"Made your favorite!" I joyously voiced.

"What would I do without you!?" She ogled in Aww, at her creation.

I couldn't help but smirk and be the sarcastic child she raised. "Starve." I wittily sassed. Making my mother and a few other nurses laugh. It was the truth! I always made her dinner.

"Thank you, baby. How was your last day?" She probed. Starting to eat her dinner.

"Good, quick." I shrugged.

"How's it feel to be graduating?" Nurse Nikki butted in.

"Good." I replied to her.

"Chatty Kathy, this one." She sassed to my mother.

"Oh, Nikki, a lots happening, leave her be." My mother shushed.

She was right, I wasn't going to talk about a future I didn't know of. It was hard enough being stuck here. I survived four years of the harvest, I just needed to survive one more. My train of thought drifted, while my mother finished her meal. I took the dirty dish, hugged my mother and left.

It didn't take me long to get home. Sky was sitting on the couch watching tv. While I cleaned up dinner and said good night. I was tired and nervous about for the future. If there is a God, I could really use your help. My head hit the pillow and I fell fast asleep. Dreaming of a better tomorrow.

*******************************************

Hey y'all! So this is my third book. I think my style of writing is getting better. I really hope you like this story.

Love to hear your comments! I will give shout outs to the ones who show the most support!! Thank you all!

Vote share comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 6.3K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
168K 4.7K 35
Highest Ranking ~^~ #1 in DarkMagic ; 14/05/2019 #2 in DarkMagic ; 13/05/2019 #72 in Werewolf ; 23/09/2017 #79 in Werewolf ; 07/1/2018 #16 in Element...
13.1M 360K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
Queen By Gaye

Werewolf

162K 4.8K 22
"I am Luna Feia Agreste and I am the queen." It's true. I am the queen. Not because I am the luna, heck I don't want to be one, but because I am the...