Hidden Under the Moon [Stiles...

Da KarenAKAMint

Book 1 - Seasons 1 and 2 of Teen Wolf All right of Teen wolf belongs to Jeff Davis, but anything revolving ar... Altro

Season One
Prologue
Body Hunting
The New Girl
The Truth is Out
All for You
Official
Hostage
Werewolf Oven
Hangout
First Date
Mother's Boyfriend
Magic Bullet
Movie Crashers
Man of my Dreams
Mountain Lion
Argent History
It's Her
Blood
Night School Pt. 1
Night School Pt. 2
The Nightmare
Brat Under the Moon
The Beta
The Necklace
My Father
Awful Nightmare
First Fight
Dresses
Bloody Formal
Season Two
Beacon
Stalked by Hunters
Werewolf Ex
Connection
Scout
The Reptilian
Insane
Kanima
Testing Patients
Jackson
Not Gay
The Barnett History
The Lela Name
Future
Restraining Order
Restrained
Arguments & Theories
Life and Death
Connecting the Dots
Be the Spark
Pictures
I'll Show You Fun
Drink of Nightmares
Proof
Fury
Independence Day
Let's Play a Game
Master Plan
Epilogue
Book Two! Soon....
Book 2 is out!
10K Special!

Immune

316 6 1
Da KarenAKAMint

Chapter 32

After Sheriff Stilinski made a call to my mother about what happened at the station, Stiles dropped me off. When I came inside, I was met with a furious looking mother. So, now I sat on the couch as she thought about what to say to me. I had never seen her this angry, but then again, I was not surprised by it.

"I thought I told you to stay low?" my mother stated as she paced before me in the living room.

I was sitting with my head down as I allowed her to yell at me. It had been a normal thing now. Crossing my arms I looked over to her as I recalled my conversation with Principal argent.

"What connection does the Argents have to the Barnetts?" I asked, looking at her with a straight face.

"We are not talking about this," she scoffed, "We need to talk about your obvious lack of care for your safety."

"No," I stood up from the couch, "We are going to talk about it. Allison's grandfather, Gerard, cornered me in his office after talking to Sheriff Stilinski about Isaac, he began to ask questions. He doesn't think I am a werewolf, he thinks that I know about it because of you teaching me."

My mother stopped pacing as she looked over to me, "What did he say?"

"He told me I should think about following the Argent code and choice between killing myself or getting haunted by them," I told her, "I reminded him that I never got a bite from my interaction with Peter. I only ran off and ended up getting hurt from that. So, you tell me how he can be so comfortable with having that conversation with me?"

My mother sighed as she finally sat down, "The Barnett family goes a long way. Being around for so long, it makes it easy for both our families to cross along the way. But before that, you need to know that our families come from different sides of the battlefield of the supernatural."

"What does that mean?" I sat beside her.

"All I can tell you is," she paused, "My family was a family of protectors. Something along the way caused the family to go through a civil war. The family was split between those that wished to protect the supernatural beings and those that wished to kill them all. We come from the side that was close to the supernatural. Many hunters know the Barnett name, but it was not safe for us to be seen with children of the moon. That led to me running into the Argents. I had to pretend to be a part of the hunter side of my family to keep myself safe, and those that I had learned to love."

"I'm so confused..." I sighed.

"I know," my mother took my hand, "I will tell you everything, but for now, I think we need to both cool off. Keep close to Allison, and act as the huntress that Gerard wants you to be. That will keep you and your friends safe."

"I can do that," I nodded, "I'm going to go to bed now... The moon is starting to irritate me."

"Alright," she smiled, "Good night."

My mother pulled me into a hug and a kiss on my forehead as she allowed me to go without another word. Once I closed the door to my room behind me, I rushed to pull out my phone. Walking over to the bathroom, I turned on the facet and called Stiles. It took a few rings to get him to pick up.

"What happened?" Stiles answered.

"I don't know..." I sighed, keeping my voice low, "My mom just told me the weirdest thing, it just doesn't seem right. She didn't get too deep into it but she promised she will. I'm just worried about the Argents."

"We'll figure it out," he sighed, "How are you doing?"

"I'm a bit irritated from the full moon, so I'm calling it a night. I'll talk to you tomorrow," I smiled.

"Okay," Stiles laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow. Love you."

"I love you, too," I laughed and hung up.

---

Things have been on edge for the past two days. Jackson was more irritated than normal. Isaac was in hiding and had not tried to contact me, but that didn't stop me from opening the law books I had gotten the last summer when Lydia and I wanted to pick up a new skill. Whiles her skill of choice was chemical studies, I wanted something I wanted to get a head start with. So I have been reading up on what I can do for Isaac to clear his name as Derek had told us that Isaac was not the one to kill his father. The supernatural angle changes things but it still didn't help his case.

Even as I sat on the sidelines, with a fake cast still on my leg, I was not to participate in the rock climbing activity. So while everyone crowded around the wall, I was seated on the back wall, nose-deep, reading the law book I had brought with me. Lydia was seated beside me as she was given an out of activities as well.

When the group began to laugh, I finally looked up from my book to see that Allison was on the wall alone. Lydia had giggled herself beside me but went back to filing her fingernails. I sighed when I noticed that Scott was the source of the humor. I had to roll my eyes and went back to my reading. That only ended when I heard Stiles' name being called out. With a smile, I closed my book and walked over to the group of students.

"Don't fall," I called out, causing stiles to look over to me.

He grinned at my presence and replied, "I already fell for you."

Everyone laughed at the cheesy comment, but I couldn't help blush at it.

"Alright," Coach called out, "As disgustingly sweet that was, this is PE, so stop talking and start climbing."

I rolled my eyes but allowed the duo to continue with their climb. My eyes never moved away from Stiles, even when he made it to the top. It was when he passed Erica once more that I finally looked at her. I noticed that she was shaking, and the scent of fear was so strong, I had to cover my nose.

"Erica," Coach called out, pulling my attention to him, "Dizzy? Is it Vertigo?"

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear," Lydia announced as she joined me on the sidelines, "She's just freaking out."

"Erica," I spoke up but she stopped me.

"I'm fine!" she exclaimed with a shaky voice.

Allison soon walked up to the coach and stated, "Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic?"

"Why doesn't anybody tell me these stuff?" Coach exclaimed, "Erica, y-you're fine. Just kick off from the wall. There's a mat to catch you."

Erica took a deep breath before she built up the courage to do what Coach had told her to do.

"Come on," Coach encouraged her, "See, you're fine. You're on the ground. You're all right."

I watched as Erica landed on the mat and proceeded to remove her harness. I wanted to calm her, but she made a slow beeline out of the gym. She still gave out that same smell which made me nauseous. The only thing I could do to keep me from vomiting was to cover my mouth as I stood by Stiles.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked, pulling me closer to him by my waist.

I looked up at him and smile, "Yeah... I just got overwhelmed by the fear I was smelling from her..."

Class soon ended, causing us to go to our separate locker rooms. Lydia and I just waited for Allison to finish changing. I was putting my book back in my bag when I felt my hand begin to tremble. I narrowed my eyes at the sight of it shaking as I tried to think what could be the reason behind it when I looked around the locker room. Erica was not in here.

I dropped my bag and began to waddle out of the locker room. Allison and Lydia chased after me as I rushed as fast as I could back to the gym. As soon as we all made it to the large space, Scott had just caught Erica before she fell from the rock wall. Everyone rushed after, her but I stopped.

I felt sick.

As I watched Scott follow Allison's instruction to put her on her side, I figured out why that was. I wasn't smelling fear. I was smelling her fear and her illness. I jumped when a hand placed itself on my shoulder, but relaxed when I noticed it was only Stiles. He gave me a worried look, but I reassured him that I was alright.

I seated next to Lydia in our next class which was chemistry. I was more than happy that Mr. Harris was out and was graced with a substitute for that day. Lydia and I were working on our own thing as the video was playing in being played. We both looked at each other when it was placed in. We didn't know why the hell the sub thought that a bio video would be a good video for a chem class, but we didn't care.

Stiles and Scott were in the back, sleeping through the video which only earned an eye roll from me. Then again, it was actually quiet for once, since they always seemed to be talking during Mr. Harris' class.

When the bell rang, I noticed, or well, heard them both jumping in their chair. I held back a laugh as I walked out of the classroom with Lydia. We were talking about hanging out soon, which is I can go off what Stiles had been hinting at, it will be soon. We stopped at our locker when Jackson came over to us and slammed Lydia's locker closed.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I hissed as I glared over to him.

Jackson glared at me but then turned to Lydia again, "Show it to me. Actually you can show it to me as well."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I hissed at him.

"Your bite wounds!" Jackson hissed, "Come on!"

"Are you out of your mind?" Lydia hissed at him.

"Screw you, Jackson," I hissed, "We are not showing you shit!"

I tried to walk past him, when he pulled me back and slammed me back to my locker, "No... you aren't going anywhere until you two show it to me."

"Lay a hand on me again, or Lydia at that matter," I glared at him, "I will make sure you regret it."

"Nothing happened to you two," he announced, "It's like you're immune"

"I don't have a clue to what you're talking about," Lydia told him, pulling me away from him.

"It's both of you," he pointed at each of us, "I don't know what you two did. Whether it was blood, saliva. Whatever soul-killing substance is running through your veins, you two did this to me."

It was my turn to shield Lydia as Jackson became even more mad at us.

"You ruined it for me!" he yelled at us, "You ruined everything!"

I watched Jackson walk away from us, fuming at the thought that we ruined his chances of whatever he was getting at. When Lydia let out a whimper, I turned around and held her tightly. Everyone around us was looking, which I sent a glare at them all. That got them to shut up and walk away from us. I guided Lydia to the bathroom to get away from prying eyes.

"I'll be fine," Lydia said between whimpers, "You can just go."

"Like hell, I will," I told her as I pulled her over to the large stall at the end of the bathroom, "You did nothing wrong. Jackson is just out of his mind."

"What was he trying to imply?" she sobbed.

I know what, but I just shook my heat her, "I don't know."

Lydia froze for some reason as she looked at the floor by the stall door. I followed her eyes as she tried to compose herself. It was clear that she was seeing something that I couldn't. But I pretended to make her feel normal.

"Hello?" she called out, "This is the girl's room!"

"If you don't leave, we'll tell the principal," I added to whatever she was seeing.

We waited a moment before Lydia opened the stall door and began to follow something or someone from what it seems like. I followed her all the way to the school lobby where the sports trophy case was located. I watched as she walked up to an old basketball team trophy. Walking up to see myself, I noticed who she was looking at.

Peter Hale.

Or well, a young version of the Peter she had encountered. To think, I had access to seeing my father even before he came into my life and ruined it all. The worse part, I can see myself in him. Our noses and eyes are identical. But that was all. Nothing else was shared which I was glad for.

"Come on..." I pulled Lydia away from the trophy case, "Let's get out of here."

I sat on Lydia's bed as we worked on homework. After what happened with Jackson, along with Lydia's sudden change in character, I thought it would be best if I stayed with her for a bit. Stiles was sad about it, but I have been hanging out with Lydia less and less every day. The last thing I want is for Lydia to feel like I have moved on from her to be with Stiles every single moment of my life.

Lydia huffed, closing her book as she looked over to me and asked, "Do you know why he was like that to us?"

I looked up from my writing to look at her and shrugged, "No clue. Then again, it could have been anything and thought we were the best thing to let out his frustration on. Really, I am so over the thought about Jackson."

"I tried to talk to him the other day about him getting me to the hospital," she spoke up, "But he just brushed me off like I was just a spot in his perfect image... What happened?"

I moved closer to Lydia on her bed as I hugged her. I understand what she means. Jackson wasn't always the dick he is now. He used to be really sweet, even when we dated he was always good to me. Lydia had told me about her interactions with him while they were dating and it all seemed right. Once high school came, he changed. He was no longer the nice boyfriend behind closed doors. He began to talk back and insult Lydia. Even after that, Lydia was always in love with him.

I sighed, "I don't know... But Lydia, I think you should think about moving on. There is a lot of guys out there willing to date you and they are much better than Jackson."

"I can't," Lydia looked down to her hands, "I don't think I will ever find someone who I will love as much as I love him."

I held her tighter as I placed my head on her's. We sat like that for a bit as we tried to decompress from our conversation about Jackson. When Lydia was done, she pulled away and looked over to me. She had a look of fear and confusion. The look made me look at her with similar confusion.

"Did you see who was in the bathroom with us?" she asked me.

I gulped.

I didn't know whether to lie or tell her truth.

I decided on telling her the truth by shaking my head, no.

"I'm going crazy," she laughed, looking away from me in shame.

"Hey," I took her hand, "You are not crazy. You are just going through some things. Anyone that shames you for it is heartless and doesn't know shit. Was this the first time it happened?"

She shook her head before answering, "No... I. I remembered what happened before I made a disappearance act at the hospital. I remembered seeing hair clogging the drain. Then a hand took a hold of me. I screamed but that's all I remembered."

"A hand?" I asked, turning to look at her fully, "What kind of hand?"

"I don't know!" Lydia exclaimed, "I guess it was a male's arm but it was hurt. Like it was burnt."

My heart skipped a beat at that. I knew right away what and who she saw. Stiles had told me that Peter was burned before Derek got to him. My only thought that might be happening is just an after effect of the bite. My mother had told me that she was having a sort of allergic reaction to it. I had to tell someone, but not until Lydia was okay. I don't want to break her trust, not when it could be an innocent side effect.

I just hope she will get through it.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

538K 12.6K 42
--I DON'T OWN TEEN WOLF THAT RIGHT GOES TO JEFF DAVIS WHO IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, THE ONLY PEOPLE I OWN IN THE STORY IS FREY, RIKA, ERIK, FINN, AND MI...
131K 4.5K 33
[ BOOK ONE ] Daisy Fulton was not the girl to stand out in a crowd. Never the one to take chances. But when her best friends, Scott McCall and Stiles...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
446K 11.9K 64
Madison Hale and her brother come back to town to look for their older sister. When they find something more terrifying and realize they have to stay...