How To Kill A Demon; for DUMM...

Par montaru

In which you learn to live a life that for once, was never worth living. || ¡this story does contain girlxgi... Plus

INTRODUCTION
ARC I-ACT II
ARC I-ACT III
ARC I-ACT IV
ARC I-ACT V
ARC I-ACT VI
Everything is beautiful when you're doomed
ARC II - ACT I
ARC II-ACT II

ARC I-ACT I

13.1K 575 1.1K
Par montaru

[I really recommend reading my multi anime crossover x reader story 'nothing lasts' if you like this one.]

On contrary beliefs of what one would call a 'perfect life', the perfect life of Y/N was simple and quiet. They preferred a life that was rather domestic, a life in a library room that they called their home where they'd spend hours upon hours just reading through the books and drowning their mind with knowledge and stories. Their perfect life was in the silence of the library room in the comfort of the wooden house within the greenery of a calming forest.

From the books they read; they wanted a cottage. They wanted a cottage where they could plant flower seeds around the home and grow vegetables and fruits. Maybe even a small river could be found nearby where they could go to kill time and just appreciate the wildlife.

They loved the idea of a silent life, calm, peaceful, alone.

"N/N?"

And yet...

"Yes Jake?"

Theywould never live with the fact they'd have to leave the younger ones.

Wide, marvellous blue eyes shone with so much wonder and curiosity as he stared at the bookshelf in front of him; after all, he's no older than two and had only just learnt how to talk.

He pointed his chubby finger to the spine of a blood red book, the letters of the title pasted onto it. He couldn't exactly read it himself, but he had always enjoyed it when the person beside him would for him - taking him on all these adventures and different worlds. It was a secret meeting between the two of you - as the sweet young boy who others spoiled and loved to the ends of the earth and the cold-shouldered Y/N who would often reject the mere thought of reaching out and getting to know others.

Others would find it odd how a six year old was so distant from the rest. But then again, they weren't a rare case, for Ray was not any different.

—but at least he had Emma and norman.

"Jake, I've already read that book to you three times." You sighed, looking down at the boy who, in return, tilted his head. "Do you like the colour? Is that why you always choose it?"

The boy blinked, obviously lost, then he turned back to the book and pointed again - a whine escaping his lips.

"Fine, fine. Come on, I'll read it to you again." You motioned to the painfully uncomfortable wooden seats in the library. They made your butt hurt after only ten minutes and the backrest would dig into your back, but for Jake and his excited smile - you'd manage.

As usual the boy had sat and listened to every word of the story, every syllable you told to him, and in his head (although jumbled) were pictures of vast lands and grand events. When finished, he smiled and hugged himself, his pale skin lightening in a pink color. He was happy - you liked that.

Dinner came around before either of them could do much more, and at the table, as always, Isabella urged you to sit with those their age - pushing you forth to the loudly chattering group.

"Mama I don't want to!" you whined, pulling away from the older women to go and sit with the younger kids again. There, they felt safe. They felt safe.

Despite this, the woman merely chuckled and continued to pull you towards them. "You must socialise with those your age Y/N! It'll be fun."

"I have enough fun with Jake and Anna!"

"Enough Y/N." The older woman spoke firmly. "They won't hurt you - they're your friends!"

Leaving the child no room to decline, the woman dragged one of the considerably heavy wooden chairs (the legs making a long, dramatic squeal as they were pulled) for you.

"Hello you five." She grinned to the children who cheered and beamed at the mere sight of the older woman. "I was hoping you'd all let Y/N sit with you, they've been feeling a little lonely lately."

"No I haven't.." you muttered only to be deafened by an excited Emma.

The child cheered and threw her hands up. "Of course!" She chanted. "I've been wanting to play with you more!"

Emma was a painfully simple girl with the brightest smile one has ever seen, (or at least with the limited people you have met at the house) she was favoured by everyone around and would constantly cheer those around her with her mere presence.

She was walking, talking, breathing sunshine - and though you too appreciated her, you couldn't help but be the tiniest bit overwhelmed by her extroverted personality. 

Isabella chuckled and ran her hand through the short orange strands of her hair, earning a pleased hum from the girl. "You all treat them well, alright?"

"Yes mama!" They sung as she turned and walked off to tend to the younger ones.

You froze and stiffened in your seat as soon as the woman's presence completely left the table, never having been too good at conversing with the kids your age and older. They felt - pressuring in a way. As if they wanted you to be better than you already were.

Despite that, Emma and Norman seemed to either ignore your awkward aura or become completely oblivious to it - immediately chatting up a storm about how much they've missed seeing you outside on the field.

"Yeah, sorry." You hummed. "I spend a lot of time in the library with Jake."

"Jake?" Emma tilted her head. "Can jake even read?"

"No, no - I read to him. He does look at the pictures in book though and every now and then I try teaching him a few words, but he's still a baby."

Norman smiled and leaned his elbows on the table - he was sitting across you and Emma, beside Ray. "So what books do you guys like?"

"There's a book about marine life Jake really likes for some reason so we're usually reading that." You shrugged, dipping my spoon into the soup Isabella had made that night.

"The red one?" Ray questioned - speaking for the first time since you had been pushed in there.

You nodded. "I think Jake just likes the colour honestly."

The boy nodded but said nothing more, going back to eating his soup as Emma and Norman chuckled at his antics, turning back to you.

"You should come out more often!" Emma chanted, completely changing the topic. "We play tag and hide-and-go-seek a lot! It's fun! You'll like it!" She rambled, at one point grabbing your hand to shake around with her hand gestures.

Laughing awkwardly, you pulled your hand out of her pull and returned to grabbing your spoon. "I don't know... I'm not too big on playing games that take a lot of energy..."

"Why not?" Ray muttered through a mouthful of food, earning a disapproving look from Norman.

You raised a brow at the boy. "I just don't like running."

"Neither do I, and I still go out." He retorted, looking up to meet your look.

"Is there a problem with me being in the library, Ray?"

That seemed to snap some sense back into him as his chewing slowed and his eyes widened just a fraction - though only for a second as he returned back to his tired expression. "Sorry."

Hesitating, you nodded and dropped the subject, focusing on your own meal while letting the excited chirping of Emma and Norman drown out the silence that had begun to look over the table.

———————————

Jake had taken a liking to waiting on his bed after dinner for you to come and tuck him in. It was rather problematic as he would insist that you come and bid him a goodnight and would not go to sleep until you did. So, the boys would wait until the sound of the door creaking open would sound out and your feet would softly, but hurriedly make their way to Jake's bed, the boy smiling when seeing you.

You grabbed the boy and sat him on your hip, using your free hand to pull the sheets off the mattress and put him in - pulling them back up over his smaller body.

Stroking his hair, you grinned, his own lips falling from a wide smile to a tired grin.

"Goodnight Jake." You whispered, leaning down to peck his forehead.

He stirred and turned to his side, but muttered out a 'night night' before completely passing out.

Noah, one of the older boys, smiled and walked up to you, planting a hand on your shoulder. It made your body stiffen but decided against pushing him away. "Thanks Y/N. Goodnight." He spoke softly as to not wake up the now sleeping boy.

You nodded and brushed past him, running out to your own respective sleeping area. They watched as you disappeared behind the now closed door.

"They're kinda weird, don't you think?" A boy younger than Noah but older than you spoke. He had vibrant brown eyes that almost looked yellow in the middle, and though he was a sweet boy, his words were often harsh and unnecessary mean.

Noah shook his head and laughed. "Don't say that. They're nice."

"I've never seen them play with us."

"They prefer hanging out at the library." He frowned, beginning to become defensive. Noah truly never understood why everyone was so hostile around you just for the simple fact you hung out alone. "They're nice, leave them alone."

"Woah." The same boy - michael - laughed and lifted his hands in defence. "Chill, I was just joking."

"Well it's not nice. Get to your bed, I'm turning the lights off."

Ray, Norman and a boy named Riley watched the scene with wide eyes, turning to each other as the two boys separated. Riley was the first to speak up.

"Aren't you guys friends with Y/N?"

Ray shook his head but Norman nodded happily. "Yeah!" The blue eyed boy sung.

"Why don't they hang out with us?"

Norman shrugged. "They don't like running I guess."

"Yeah but like - they always spend time at the library, and they're so smart! Do you think they study during our free time?"

"Honestly?" Ray spoke up, surprising the two as they turned to him. "They probably do. And it's a good thing as well, being smart is a very good quality." He nodded.

"Aw man..." Riley chuckled, scratching his nape. "Guess I'm missing that quality... did you know I got a failing grade today on the test?" He laughed as he turned to Norman - whos eyes widened.

"You failed your test?"

Riley nodded. "Yeah! I got 43 out of 100."

"Riley!" Norman gasped. "You need to do better!"

"I know, I know." The boy laughed. "I just wasn't feeling it today. I'll do better tomorrow."

Norman smiled, giving him a supportive nod before shifting to tuck himself in, flipping over to look at Ray as Noah turned off the lights and bid everyone a goodnight. Through the dark, the white haired male watched as the other boy moved and squirmed to get into a comfortable position, falling on his pillow and locking eyes with Norman.

The blue eyed boy gave him a smile and mouthed a simple 'goodnight'. Ray only closed his eyes.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

434K 17.5K 39
𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲...
81.2K 1.1K 50
❝ 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐞? ❞ ≡;- ꒰ °in which i write preferences for your favorite tpn characters° ꒱ ❛ 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 ❜ ° Emma °...
172 17 5
A kid named Y/N arrived from somewhere enter in an orphanage called Grace Field and here he found brothers, sisters and someone to love Ok guys this...
52.5K 1.6K 45
Sotto Voce [ˌsädō ˈvōCHē] ADVERB (of singing or a spoken remark) in a quiet voice, as if not to be overheard. (Y/N) always knows, even if...