Avatar: Through His Eyes

Per Szarinasumalpong

From the Avatar: To Live Again, get to experience the conflict that rages inside the mind of our favorite war... Més

Prologue
His First Hunt
The Dream Hunt
Tragedy of The Omaticaya
The New Sky People
Meeting Her
A New Challenge
A Na'vi Duty
The Beginning of Trouble
The Test
Revelation
A Drunk Moment
Fated Destiny
A Talk
Avatar Christmas Trailer
Avatar Christmas
Betrayal
Revelation of Feelings
Special Story: Growing up with The Sully's
Battle Call
Brotherly Conversation
Battlefront
"Vanquished"

Discombobulating Feelings

3.2K 107 5
Per Szarinasumalpong

Tsu'tey immediately went to his own nivi (sleeping hammock) after dumping off Emersyn from her own nivi (sleeping hammock) and fell into a dreamless sleep. 

Well it was suppose to be a dreamless one.

He found himself surrounded by piles of dead bodies and the smell of dead grass and tress. He watched in horror what was once considered a beautiful home to all Na'vi now became a dead and desolate place, incapable of giving life. He clenched his hands when he spotted someone ahead, that someone was holding a tawtute (Sky People) metal weapon and it was a Na'vi.

Did that mean that there was going to be a traitor? 

That was the first thought that passed through Tsu'tey's mind. The clothes on the person was that of an Omaticaya but the one in front of him was...

The image changed and Tsu'tey prepared for the worst only to nearly stumble in surprise when he found himself sitting on the edge of a lake with two children that had the same attributes as him sitting each on his lap. He wondered what that meant as he watched the girl sleepily cuddle with his future self.

He reached out over his future self's shoulder to touch the little girl to see her face clearly only to feel himself being jolted awake when he opened his eyes and saw one of his comrades shaking him awake with a big grin on his face.

"Pxasul Rewon! (Good Morning!)" Tsu'tey had half a mind to bash the Na'vi's head but refrained himself from doing it. After all, today was the day three people not born from Na'vi will be initiated into the clan to become one of the people.

After dressing himself, he went down to see Emersyn still not present "Nì'awve krr oe tse'a nga hawngkrr (First time I see you late)" One of the hunters joked and Tsu'tey glared before turning towards where Emersyn's nivi (Sleeping Hammock) lay and finding her still sleeping. Finding no irritation to forcefully throw her out and another round of arguments, he merely shook her awake.

Who knows how long he continued doing this and it was already annoying him to the brink of really throwing her off the nivi (Sleeping Hammock) when she opened her eyes "Why must you be late in this day?" He saw her roll her eyes as she sat up and glared at him. "No need to get upset over that hot head. We still have a few hours before-" Not wanting to waste any more time coupled with the unsettling dream he had, Tsu'tey pulled Emersyn up from her sitting position and dragged her to where the weavers are to prepare her for the ceremony.

"We must get you ready before the final test!" 

Tsu'tey promptly ignored Emersyn's protests and grumbles along the way.

***

He stared at her appearance as she glanced at him. He didn't know she would look feminine in these outfits. Shaking his head to discard unwanted thoughts, he grasped her hand and moved her to spot where it was not crowded "Let us go, we must get you painted" Tsu'tey said flatly.

He held back showing his amusement when he saw her pale slightly "Do not tell me that stuff's going into my face" Jake chuckled from where he was sitting with Neytiri painting his body. "It's going to be in your whole body sis and to tell you the truth, its cold" Having her patience tested, Neytiri whacked Jake in the head followed by "Skxawng"

Steering himself, Tsu'tey dipped two of his fingers into the bowl and began painting Emersyn's body. He ignored the uncomfortable look on her face when he himself was already uncomfortable about this situation. When he was finished and they both stood up, did Tsu'tey realized how tensed up he was and forced himself to relax.

He watched as she entered into the Dream Hunt and come back out as one of the people. He watched as the Omaticaya welcomed them with opened arms and he found himself looking back at the moments he had tormenting Emersyn for her lack of patience and recklessness to the proud and bold woman she had become.

That same feeling came rushing back inside him and for once, Tsu'tey let it linger a little longer.

***

There was an ongoing celebration after that for the ones who were Initiated into the clan. Tsu'tey was with his family, arguing with his sister on eating more fkxen (vegetables) rather than vey (meat). It was then he noticed Emersyn moving away from the crowd to some place secluded. Zrina noticed that gaze her brother was looking at Emersyn and made kissing noises which he retaliated by pinching her cheeks.

Their mother quickly pulled the two of them apart. Tsu'tey glanced back at the direction Emersyn disappeared before his mother grasped his shoulder "Kä, lawk pehem nga new tsonta lawk maitan (Go, say what you want to say my son)" Tsu'tey nodded before he darted off after Emersyn.

Artsut turned to face Ateyo "We cannot let this grow. His duty is to Neytiri" Ateyo said with a small frown. Artsut giggled and patted him in the cheek "You still have much to learn my love, were you not a child once?" Artsut laughed "Za'u, srew hu oe (Come, dance with me)" Ateyo sighed but indulged his mate but not before calling out to Arvok to watch over his sister.

***

Tsu'tey found Emersyn looking quite pleased and smug and although Tsu'tey had no idea what had caused her to look like that, he was glad he didn't have to search the whole forest again for her "Come, I have something to show you" He swiftly turned away before Emersyn could say anything. 

As they leaped over trees and large branches, Tsu'tey found himself back to where everything started. He sat down on the branch he was sitting on and Emersyn followed "Why are we..." He cut her off before she could finish "This is the place where I met you". Realization flashed across her face when she remembered the feeling of eyes on her.

Tsu'tey waited for her shock to diminish before she would begin to ask questions "What were you doing there?" Emersyn asked and her face was filled with curiosity "Patrolling, someone sighted your flying metal ikran" Emersyn nodded as if that alone is enough answer for her.

What were you thinking back then?"

"To kill you" Tsu'tey answer bluntly before he froze over what he had said. He saw Emersyn snort as she knew that would be his answer. "But you confuse me" Tsu'tey added. Emersyn looked at her in shock "What?"

"You confuse me. I hated and was fascinated by your curiosity as if you've never seen such..." Tsu'tey trailed off. Not wanting to end the sentence unless risking offending Emersyn something painful or traumatic for her.

"Our world is dying Tsu'tey" Emersyn's nonchalant words made Tsu'tey glance at her. How could she say that as if the fact of her world dying was something not concerning. "When I first came here, I was hoping I'd get things done here and maybe find a place to wait myself to death" Tsu'tey whirled around to face her. Eyes wide when he saw the dead look on Emersyn's eyes almost as if she had been living dead almost all her life.

A tiny swell of sympathy grew inside Tsu'tey for Sky People like Grace, Thomas and Emersyn and yes, also her Skxawng Tsmukan (Moron Brother) Jakesully.

"I lost my will to live when my family split apart and I had been living like the shell of who I was until I came here"

Tsu'tey eyed Emersyn and found himself looking at her in a different light. Still, there was one question that still made him wary of her "Now you are Omatikaya, will you fight against us or with us?" He saw Emersyn open her mouth to answer before there was a brief flash of pain as she clutched her head in agony.

Tsu'tey quickly shot up and steadied her "What's wrong?" Tsu'tey raked his eyes over her form for any signs of injuries.

He didn't get any answer when Emersyn abruptly pushed him away and began sprinting back towards Kelutral (Hometree). He felt a sharp pain in his chest when she pushed him away but followed after her a few minutes after she disappeared.

He found sprawled right in front of Ni'nat who had a stunned and fearful look on her face "Pehem len?(What happened?)" Ni'nat shook her head.

"Emersensully came running and shouted out about ma Tom in trouble before falling into dream sleep"

Ni'nat said. Tsu'tey cursed before he swiftly and gently carried the body of Emersyn back to her nivi (Sleeping Hammock). He gently secured her before gazing at her face.

He never took the time to notice how she had changed over the past few days of their training. The soft parts of her body had hardened under harsh training.

His gaze softened before they froze when he noticed his hand that was once hanging limp on his side had started to move towards her.

No!

He drew his hand back with a hiss as if it burned him. He had trained all his life to becoming the next Olo'eyktan. He would not falter now.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

140K 3.1K 37
You are Jake and Neytiri's second daughter after neteyam and Kiri, and she had five fingers like her father, Jake, but there was something that many...
24.7K 449 14
Y/n is a 14 year old who became Eywa's helper when her clan died. She was told by Eywa to watch the Omaticaya Clan after they won the final war. Y/n...
88.3K 2.1K 17
Tsu'tey love story. Nimah Quinn is chosen to partake in the Avatar program on the planet Pandora. Once there she hopes to fins some reason for her li...
3.4K 43 9
Aha'ri had a sheltered childhood. Her parents were scarred from the war with the sky people, and intended to protect their children from the world. W...