Hourglass.

By manisWrld

In the city of New York, growing up inside of a well known and well respected family, Genisā Micah Browning w... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
don't kill me!
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
THANK YOU GUYS!
chapter 14.
chapter 15
chapter 16.
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue.

Chapter 11.

7.5K 283 46
By manisWrld

Saint's Pov

"On everything I fuckin' love, them niggas getting marked. Tonight!" Big Marc voiced had shouted loudly through Giovanni's phone as we were in the safe house that Marc uses for his family.

I turned to look down at Genisā quietly patching up the spot I was shot at. The bullet went straight through me but it wasn't anything major. Genisā went into full nursing and mom mode. She was irritated because I kept moving so I stayed till as possible.

But she hasn't spoken one word since then. Just been quiet, quiet as hell for her.

"This is why I should have came. Y'all good?" He asked and everybody responded with a yes, Genisā was just focused on patching my spot up.

"Where's Gen?" He asked and she sighed loudly.

"I'm good, dad." She said and went back to cleaning the spot up, and placing the fresh patch of gauze on top of it.

"'Ight, well. Don't y'all trip because all them niggas heads are now mine. We gon' keep Teddy though. He know something we don't so he's valuable. But in meantime, y'all will sit tight. The plane will be arriving shortly, I'm sorry this trip got to be canceled early because of bullshit. I'll talk to y'all later." He said as he said his byes and love you to Gio and Genisā.

Genisā let out a small and irritated breath as she looked at her now fucked up floral jumpsuit. A piece was torn from her clothing from her tying it around me.

"Aye, how the hell would Teddy be working for this dude. And how the hell did he know when to strike?" Dexter asked as he was seated next to me on the couch, and was thinking for a minute.

I, myself couldn't understand why, or who wanted me dead this damn bad. I tried to not think about it so much, because I thought Rodrick was the only mf that was close to this family that was helping him. But it turns out, the person who could be wanting me dead was watching my every move.

Genisā irritation was radiating right off of her, as much as she tried to front like she wasn't. She got up and stormed up the stairs to one of the rooms that was up there I sighed. Giovanni shook her head as he was seated on the other couch that was inside of the room.

"She just worried, that's all man. Gen is one of those people who can't help but to worry about everything. She can act all bad ass she want, but she soft as tissue when it comes to people she care about. That's just her." He explained and laid his body down like he was getting comfortable in the couch, and ready to take a nap.

"Gon' ahead and talk to yo girl, B." Dexter yawned and got comfortable in the couch.

I nodded my head taking their words into my consideration, and going up the stairs trailing where Genisā went. Seeing there was this light yellow painted room, with grey and white furniture to bring out the yellow. It seems like it was her room, when I noticed a picture of when she was a baby and younger Big Marc holding her in his lap with a grin on his face, and her one tooth showing with her huge smile.

I smirked looking at the baby Genisā, as I stepped inside of the room even more, shutting the door behind me silently to see Genisā laying on her side, I was already knowing she wasn't asleep because she would have been calling the cows home.

I got inside of the bed, laying down and scooting behind her, wrapping my arm around her waist to pull her close into my chest. She soon let out a small sigh, and I kissed her temple multiple times, giving her a squeeze.

"What's on ya mind, mamas?" I asked lowly and she was quiet for a minute or two.

Before turning herself around on her other side to face me, and snuggle herself into my chest being careful to not hit the fresh bandage she put on me. She sighed once more before replying.

"It's literally someone paying people to get you killed. First, Rodrick. Now? It's my dad's old friend. Who else could he be sending after you, and why?" She asked in her soft voice and my gaze on her worrisome face softened.

"Genisā, I promise you. I will be fine." I said before softly rubbing her soft cheek, and her gaze was on my face.

"Javier a bullet doesn't have a name on it. You just got shot today, there's no need to keep acting like you can't just lose your life in one second because you can." She started getting frustrated and her cheeks were starting to turn into a scarlet color before I pulled her into my chest closer.

I rubbed her back soothingly because I know she was just going to start fumbling on and on, until she was dead crying. I didn't want her to be crying, or to be worried. I just want her to know there's nothing that will happen to me.

"It's going to be fine, Gen," I reassured her and she finally took a couple of deep breaths before finally calming down. Genisā was such a caring soul, she just can't bare to handle anything happening to someone she cared about. But I never seen her so vulnerable until we started becoming closer.

I leaned down and placed a soft peck on her lips, and she pecked back slowly and laying her head back onto my chest.

"I promise you nothing will ever happen to me. And I won't let shit happen to you either, I put that on myself." I said meaning each word I said and it seemed to have helped her calm down even more.

Her slow and deep breaths soon turned into her small snoring minutes later as I sat deep inside of my thoughts. Her body was resting underneath my tight hold, as I was just staring at her face and sighed.

I ain't need nobody messing this shit up. She was really the only thing that can make my heart feels like it warm. After my brother died, I brushed the thoughts of a relationship off because I didn't think a woman can truly bring me happiness. The thoughts of having hoes didn't excite me either, like I'll have a little groupie trying to fuck with me time to time, but unlike other niggas I don't get a pleasure out of fucking a random bitch every night.

I really just was made to be with one woman for the rest of my life, and it felt like Genisā couldn't compare to any other female I fucked with. Her personality was unmatched from all them bitches, which made me feel like the luckiest man in the world right now.

I slowly had rested my head on top of hers as she was sound asleep, and dozed off myself with not another nightmare in sight.

=======================

Genisā's Pov

A few hours later after our naps, the plane had came and got us from Jamaica straight back to New York. The rest of the flight there was straight silence other from the sounds of Dexter nasty ass that farts in his sleep. Disgusting.

After we landed right back in New York my mind was troubled as much as Saint was trying to persuade me to let it go. I couldn't help it, and I should always go with my gut and mind. Things felt like they were just only getting started. I was quiet the whole way home, Saint and I would talk to each other.

But he knew there was just a lot on my mind, so he let me be quiet. But I could tell he was thinking about something else to but for now I was going to leave it alone.

We had got into the black trucks that escorted us to my parents home. Not to be the only negative Nancy here, but I was glad to be back home after that shit happened. I definitely needed a girl's night, so I'm going to text Kaia in a minute.

When we arrived back it was around eleven so I knew she was still up. The trucks pulled into my parent's driveway and I could see my mother already looked like she was crying standing there with my father by her side.

Everybody started getting out and Saint had stepped around to my side, and helped me out of the truck. I gave him a small smile, and he placed a kiss on my cheek. I seen the look on my mother's face as it changed from worried, to admiration.

Soon as I walked over, she engulfed me and Giovanni inside of a securing hug.

"Oh my babies! Y'all okay? I can't wait for your father to handle that big ugly bitch." She said bluntly while kissing us on our faces like we were little once again.

I laughed and tried to move my face out of my mom way, as she finally let us go, and she fixed my hair while looking over at me then behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see her eyes on Saint while he was talking to Dexter.

"I see you two got closer. You had sex? You glowing." My mom whispered under her breath and I smacked my lips loudly.

It kills me so much how mothers can read right through their kids without having to actually fight you to find out. She could just take once glance, and guess correctly.

"Mom! No!" I exclaimed and my face was blushing, and she shook her head.

"You grown, that's you." She shrugged and gave my cheek one last kiss before stepping up inside of her house with me right on her trail.

"Is it that noticeable mama?" I asked with a frown covering my face. She laughed and looked back at my now flustered face.

"Baby, only a mother knows best. Your father probably didn't peep it but your aurora is very different around you now. That was just my first guess though, I remember when me and your father fir-" I shook my head, and covered my ears quickly.

Nobody was trying to hear when my mom and dad was getting they bumping and grinding on.

"Your car's outside waiting on you, Gen. I'm about to head home mama." Giovanni said coming in and giving her a hug.

"Not too fast, I been having a dream about fishe-" My mom started before Giovanni shook his head and quickly walked out.

I was laughing so hard because my mom always telling Gio she's been having dream about fishes, she wants him to have a baby so bad.

"Okay, mama. I'm going to call you tomorrow." I said and my mother placed a kiss on my cheek, chuckling softly as she watched Gio hurried out the door.

"One of y'all going to be giving me my grandkids soon, y'all better stop playing with me." She said and I gave her a yeah right look. I'd rather be the rich auntie.

I had walked out the front door to where my car was parked at, whole was at accompanied with Saint sitting on the hood of my truck. I looked around to see Dexter and Giovanni had left. My father must have headed back inside.

I walked by him while his expression remained unreadable which threw me off, because I don't know if he was in deep thoughts or was just actually looking mean as hell.

I titled my head with a smirk on my face looking at him and he shook his head jumping off the hood changing his face to that smirk. I yelped and giggled as he quickly had picked me up with a firm grip on my thighs. I laughed loudly because of how bold he was being in front of my parent's home.

"Now if my mom come out here." I said and giggled as his hands were patting my butt softly.

"I'm just trying to give her them grandkids she want. Giovanni said she was in there talking about fishes." He laughed, I joined with him his laugh was just so contagious I can't help but to join.

"I don't know about all that na'." I said as I patted his shoulder.

He laughed and gave me a mischevious look. I shook my head.

"Put me down right now." I said he burst out laughing again.

"I'm just playing with you, little girl." He placed me back on the ground in front of him as I rolled my eyes.

"Aw, little attitude?" He took his hand underneath my chin and I was faking a small pout on my face.

He smirked and brought his face close to mine, placing a warm kiss on my lips, making my lips curved into a smile. He pecked it a few more times before pulling back.

"What you about to go do?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Going to Kaia house and spend the night with my girls, I missed them honestly." I said and he nodded bringing his lips close to my forehead, placing a soft kiss.

"'Ight text me when you get there safely. I'm serious too, don't need to hear about something happening to you because I wasn't with you." I sighed and looked at his serious facial expression. I know if I tried to protest about that little statement we would be arguing. I slowly nodded my head.

I don't understand why they think I can't handle my own like have they not been seeing me protect myself?

We pecked a couple more times before he had gave me a little seductive look, I blushed and giggled all childlike.

"Yeah, and let me know when you get home." He spoke pushing my body closer to his, as his hands groped my ass cheeks roughly making me burst into giggles with my cheeks just burning.

"This so great. I got a sexy ass girlfriend and she comes with a water park." He said and I shook my head laughing still.

He chuckled and let my cheeks go before grabbing his keys out, and kissing my cheek a couple times, "I'm gon' hit you later, 'ight? Be safe." He said and he walked to his car and pulling off seconds later.

I watched him as I walked to my car and  climbed into the driver side, placing my seatbelt on before hearing my phone buzz. I pulled it out to see my mother had texted me.

'Mama. ❤️: Mhm grandkids on the way 🤓🤓🥳'

I screamed instantly and my face was burning because my mom plays too much and she just seen all that. She also gets on my nerves. I laughed turning my car on and putting it into drive, and pulling off to Kaia house,

=======================

Saint's Pov

I had arrived at my warehouse after leaving Gen's parents house. I hopped out of my car and sighed deeply before I went inside.

My few workers that was working tonight had nodded their heads at me when I entered and I nodded my head back, before walking over to the stairs.

I walked up the stairs and walked to the room where Rodrick has been getting the living shit beat out of him everyday. He ain't cracked yet, so I give him his props. He ain't trying to sell out the person he working for. But something tells me this person has to have something against him.

I walked in to see Dexter sitting in there as he looked up and nodded over at Rodrick who was probably just dehydrated as hell and passed out. Earlier, Keith and my other guard had beat his ass because he wasn't trying to tell us what we needed to know about the Jamaican cartel we was just being shit at.

"Nigga just passed out about five minutes ago." Dexter said and lowly yawned as he stood to his feet. I shook my head, and turning to the side picking up the big bucket filled with cold water and walked over to Rodrick.

I tilted the whole bucket over as the water rushed out on his face, and instantly had woke him up as he gasped loudly and was squirming in his sleep.

I dropped the bucket kicking it to the side as he was coughing loudly trying to catch his breath. I roughly took his worn out shirt into my hands, pulling his face close as I instantly started punching him in his jaw a few time as he groaned.

"You still don't want to start squealing? Look at me, weak ass nigga." I demanded and he was shaking in my tight grip as Dexter was chuckling behind me watching me.

"I just wanna go, man." He croaked out and I laughed like he just told me the funniest shit I ever heard.

"You ain't going no fucking where nigga. Consider this yo temporary home." I said and he shook his head slowly.

"Now, tell me. You knew about us going to that Jamaican cartel? You worked with they asses too?" I asked and he was silent for a good solid minute, I grew irritated before drawing my arm back and punching him once more.

He groaned loudly and spit out some mucus mixed with his own blood. I shook my hand a little as he finally nodded and I let his shirt out of my grasp.

"Talk nigga." I stood up in front of him and crossed my arms over my chest. Dexter stood right by my side as Rodrick was finally cracking.

"'Ight," he mumbled raising his head slowly showing his face that was covered in a black eye and bruises,
"I did know of that meeting coming up. I was supposed to be there when it all went down, but I see they went on without me." He said and I waited for him to keep talking.

Me and Dexter shared a look, as he was looking back and forth between us.

"Keep talking, I ain't say stop nigga. Who the fuck is y'all working for?" I asked and he shook his head quickly. I must've got pissed faster than I thought, because I smoothly pulled my gun off my side, pistol whipping the shit out of him a few times.

He was groaning in pain as blood dripped from his nose to his lips, and down on his clothes.

"I-I can't tell you t-that man!" He exclaimed and my eyebrow shot up.

"What he got on you?" I asked and he suddenly tried to get quiet, I judged Dexter who was smirking because he was thinking whatever I was thinking.

"You might as well tell us, you not leaving this warehouse alive. Word to my fuckin' moms." I said with a dead serious look on my face. He was shaking harder in his chair, and started sobbing a few seconds later.

"I'm gone leave this nigga alone tonight. He already crying like a bitch, but I ain't through with you yet nigga." I spoke to him and he continued to sob.

"You heading home?" Dexter asked I nodded tucking my gun back by my side and pulling my shirt over it.

"Yeah, but my lady gone be over tomorrow. So I might not be here tomorrow, just trying to be laid up." I smiled and Dexter chuckled.

"Niggas already in love. Nah, this a good look on you though bro." He said and I nodded because my energy has been boosted since me and Genisā started established we were together.

I was already seeming more happier, but she officially all mine and I felt lucky as hell.

Dexter and I shook each other up, and Rodrick was quiet a few minutes later. I looked over to see this nigga done drifted off again, I shook my head. I'm gone get his ass to crack I don't want to kill him just yet.

I left the warehouse and said bye to the other workers inside of there, I walked out to my car and squinted my eyes a little bit to smack my lips. I seen another familiar car parked right by mine, and I already knew who the hell it could have been.

Tierra hopped out of her car and was strutting over to me. I rolled my eyes and let out a loud sigh, she gave me a little smile before stopping in front of me.

I could have sworn I got rid of this bitch a while ago, I don't know why she was bothering me now and popping up. I pinched the bridge of my nose, she ain't even say shit yet but I already want her to shut the gel up.

"Dang, this how we acting? I thought you was missing me by now." She said pouting and I shook my head, about to walk right past her.

She grabbed my arm, and I roughly pushed off of me glaring down at her, "What the fuck you want man?" I asked and she laughed.

"You are not scaring me trying to act like a big ass tough guy. You know you missed me, Javi." She said trying to place her hand on my chest, but I grabbed her hand and threw it off of me.

"Bitch I don't know why the fuck I have been missing you, I swear I told you that you was dead to me last time we spoke." She looked a little hurt by my words, but brushed it off and replaced her look with an annoyed one.

"Bitch I was your whole world, don't act like you hate me now. But I have heard you been under some little ugly bitch, I follow her on instagram too. All cuddled up in Jamaica and shit." She scoffed. I actually had to laugh, she was jealous as shit but didn't want to confess to it.

But me and her time been done and over with, what I felt with her in the past been buried. Plus, Genisā makes me happier.

"She looks better than you, inside and out. See you around, T." Her face had dropped and I chuckled and walked over to my car.

"See you around Javi!" She yelled excitedly, giggling and I shook my head getting in my car and looking over to her as she was smiling. I pulled off and force towards my house.

I don't know what the hell she had going on, but she had to move around from me with all that. She ain't shit to me now, that shit been dead for a couple of years, I wonder what she was up to though.

======================

yikes? why is all these mfs exes trying to crawl they way back? what is rodrick hiding? and why is he so scared to tell who he's working for?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 134 16
"Calm down, just calm down." He thought to himself as he tried to even out his labored breathing, it it seems to just have made it worse. His breat...
53.1K 4K 101
When you love someone, you tend to worship the ground they walk on. The sun sets and rises on that person with grace and it brings you peace. But whe...
212K 8.4K 119
"Sometimes you run into the right person at the wrong time, and things don't always turn out how there expected to be. There may be love but love doe...
Raising Raja By Banana

General Fiction

99 0 8
Deon "Kat" Nicks had be independent from a very young age. With the a strong hustler's mentality. Daughter of a infamous slain St Louis hustler in wa...