the boy on the bridge ✔️

By fragmented-

"Are you going to jump off the bridge now or not?" "Are you going to stop me if I said yes?" "Of course not... More

info
0. 'perfect' boy
1. bridge boy
2. jump boy
3. school boy
4. golden boy
5. doubt boy
6. confused boy
7. smile boy
8. ex boy
9. skip boy
10. song boy
11. cage boy
12. dumb boy
13. room boy
14. family boy
15. alive boy
16. oh boy
~playlist~
17. caught boy
~thank you~
~q&a 1.0(part uno)~
~q&a 1.0 (part dos)~
18. lonely boy
19. bakery boy
20. talk boy
21. confront boy
22. friends boy
23. cry boy
24. out boy
25. diner boy
26. sneaky boy
27. tell boy
28. advice boy
29. like boy
30. nervous boy
31. date boy
32. cookies boy
33.2. boyfriend boy
34. movie boy
35. father boy
36. cinderella boy
37. where boy
38. ready boy
39. meet boy
40. proud boy
41. gay boy
42. dinner boy
43. aunts boy
44. hurt boy
45. forget boy
46. flashback boy
47. comeback boy
48. okay boy
49. sorry boy
50. left boy
51. work boy
52. go boy
53. dance boy
54. forgive boy
55. back boy
56. finally boy
~q&a 2.0~
~thank you, one last time~ & ~sequel announcement~
BONUS CHAPTER I
BONUS CHAPTER II
BONUS CHAPTER III
BONUS CHAPTER IV
BONUS CHAPTER V

33.1. boyfriend boy

33K 1.9K 2.5K
By fragmented-

Chapter 33 (Pt I) — boyfriend boy

"So, where are we going?" Josh asks Elliot not for the first time ever since he has gotten in the car.

The brunet has refused to tell him anything before but now since they are technically on their date, Josh is hoping he'll give up his 'surprise' but tough luck for him, it seems. Elliot shakes his head, smiling, "It's still a surprise,"

"What if I told you that I don't like surprises?"

"I can tell that you're lying,"

The blond scoffs, "I am not,"

"You just pulled your earlobe; it's your tell,"

"It's not," but even as Josh as says that his hand automatically reaches for his ear and he has to stop himself, blushing lightly, and rolls his eyes, "Okay, fine. But this is not fun. Just tell me where we're going. I don't even think I've gone in this direction before,"

In reply, Elliot says something in a language that Josh can't quite comprehend. He learnt a few weeks back that Elliot is half-Italian and is quite fluent in the language as well, and as if to show off, he will speak in Italian to him although he cannot understand a single word.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, he retorts, "No hablo Italiano,"

Josh took Spanish classes for his freshman and sophomore year in high school, so that's the only foreign language he somewhat knows and so he uses it now.

The curly-haired boy laughs, shaking his head a little, "That's Spanish,"

"I know that. It's the only foreign language I know how to speak. A little,"

"Oh, bien entonces,"

Josh looks at the boy in disbelief, "You cannot know Spanish too,"

Another laugh, "I know a little. Picked it up from one of my friends,"

The blond shakes his head, "Is there anything that you don't know or can't do?"

"There's a lot of things I don't know," there's a slight change of tone in his voice as he says that and Josh can easily guess there's something he's not saying aloud right then.

Not wanting to dampen the mood of their date, he quickly changes the topic and goes back to his initial question, deciding to be a little brat if only to be a little brat and bring the smile back on the curly-haired boy's face, "So, you still haven't told me where we're going?"

As expected, the smile returns and Josh is very much relieved, "Patience, golden boy. Patience,"

⋘⋙

Fortunately, they reach wherever it is they're supposed to go in about to go because Josh's patience was already starting to wear thin. The blond used to think that he was the most patient guy but apparently not.

He peers out of the car window curiously as Elliot rolls the car to a stop in front of a rather mysterious looking hedge building, strung with golden lights. It looks sort of nice but still Josh is skeptical. Beside it, there's a neon board with the word 'Gardenia' written on it, but it doesn't specify what the place is supposed to be or anything.

Josh looks at Elliot quizzically but he only shoots him a smile before getting out of the car. He follows him as well, getting out and closing the door.

He hears Elliot sigh before him, "I was going to open the door for you,"

"Oh," he blushes and then, "I can get back in for you, if you want,"

The curly-haired boy lets out a chuckle, shaking his head, but Josh isn't joking. He will get back in the car if the former honestly wants him to. But instead, he grabs his hand, and tugs a little, "Ready to go?"

The blond tries to ignore the flurry feeling in his stomach at the small contact, "Um, yeah. Where exactly are we though?"

"It's just a restaurant, golden boy. Relax,"

"What kind of a restaurant is in the middle of a forest?"

Josh is not exaggerating. It is literally located in the middle of nowhere, not another speck of a building in sight, just open field and trees. They aren't alone though, there are quite a lot of cars parked around, and there are two men standing at the entrance of the hedge building or restaurant as Elliot has just informed him.

Ignoring the nerves, he holds tight to Elliot's hand and walks closer to him. The latter chuckles, looking down at him.

"You can visit an abandoned bridge alone in the middle of the night, no problem. But you're scared now?"

"I'm not scared," he defies, although his voice does come out a little squeaky, "And this is unknown territory, okay, bridge boy. Don't judge me,"

"Whatever you say,"

"Welcome to Gardenia, messieurs," one of the men at the entrance greeted them in a very thick French accent, "May I know your reservation name, please?"

Josh still doesn't let go of Elliot's arm and instead holds tight and hides behind him as if the men would suddenly pounce on them. Another part of him continues to wonder what kind of place this must really be for them to ask for reservation names. Did Elliot really reserve a place for them in a restaurant so far out in one day? Was he already planning for this?

"It is Randez," he covers Josh's hands on his arm with his, and gives them a firm squeeze.

He knows he probably intended it to be reassuring but it only makes Josh more flustered. Embarrassed, he lets go of Elliot but he stays close to him, following behind him quietly as they are lead inside a dimly lit, short tunnel, carved out of the hedge and it's as if Josh has been transported into a different place altogether when they reach the end of the tunnel and steps into the restaurant.

It doesn't even look like a restaurant but more like a magical place. There are lights everywhere and by everywhere, Josh means everywhere; the place is literally shimmering gold and looking up, you can see the stars and the moon as well.

Contrary to their dimly-lit outer surroundings, this place is like a magical fairytale land. The whole place is decorated in fairy lights, and the walls are still out of hedge but instead of being bare like it is on the outside it is strung with golden lights. The tables are all set wide and far apart, each with its own pergola which was twined with vines and white fairy light.

"Whoa," is all Josh can say, taking everything in letting out a small laugh, absolutely besotted with the place.

"I know," Elliot says from beside him, sounding as dazed as Josh.

The blond turns to him, curious, "How did you even find this place?"

The curly-haired boy only scoffs in reply, "I wish I did," but before he can offer more explanation, they are interrupted by another host, who leads them to their table.

"Your food will be served in a minute, messieurs," the host says, once the boys are sat at their table.

"But we haven't even ordered anything," Elliot looks up, confused.

"Oh, it's all been pre-ordered by Ms Bianchi, sir,"

"Of course," Elliot chuckles, "Merci,"

The host gives them a small bow and then walks away, leaving both the boys to themselves once again.

"That's my aunt, Ms Bianchi," Elliot starts explaining without even being prompted to do so, "Garcia Bianchi — my aunt's girlfriend all but instructed me to come here. Apparently, one of her relatives owns this place,"

"Cool," Josh marvels at the uniqueness of the place, and tries not to focus on the fact that it was his aunt who had suggested him the place which probably means that she knows about him, about them.

He shakes his head internally. Not going to think about that now. Instead, he focuses on their enchanting surrounding — not once even in his imagination has he thought such place could exist. "Have you been here before?"

"No," Elliot shakes his head, his own eyes wandering around the place in awe, "I've seen pictures, but god, this is amazing, isn't it?" the boy looks at the blond expectantly.

Josh has to stifle a laugh. He cannot believe that the other boy would still think that he won't like this place, after endlessly gawking around, "More than amazing—are you kidding?" he shakes his head, sighing and then after a moment, he looks up troubled, "But Eli, this must all cost a whole lot—yo-,"

"Don't even worry about it, golden boy," Elliot cuts him off, and in an exaggerated whisper, he tells him, "It's all free of charge,"

That brought back the grin on Josh's face.

"Eli?" of course, the brunet noticed that.

Josh's cheeks turn pink, "It just slipped out. It's–"

"No worries, Jo," Elliot teases him with a smirk.

"You're such a dork. I hate you,"

"Do you though?"

"Okay, where is the food?" he turns away, not being able to take the embarrassment anymore; his whole face feels so warm and he can't stop smiling that his jaws are starting to hurt.

But Josh doesn't mind it. Not one bit.

⋘⋙

"You literally have the best aunt ever," Josh declares as both the boys get into the car again after their very much tummy-fulfilling dinner.

"I know right," Elliot agrees, exhaling loudly.

Not only the place was dreamlike, but the food was even more delectable. Both swore that they have never tasted food more delicious than that — they ate up till their throats and some more.

"I feel like if I've eaten any more my stomach would've burst," Josh says.

Elliot's burp compliments his statement, and they both start laughing, both their stomach and hearts filled.

"Okay," Elliot sits up in his seat, pulling and clicking his seatbelt in position, starting up the car's engine, "Let's go,"

"Ugh I don't wanna go home yet," Josh groans out loud, and despite the boldness and clarity of his declaration, he surprisingly doesn't blush.

That is the first time he has said something honest and true from his heart and not blush or stammer — he has finally lost all his nervousness around the bridge boy. He is completely and utterly comfortable and he just doesn't want the night to end yet.

"Who said anything about going home?" Elliot raises an eyebrow as he started driving. "The night's still young, babe,"

And just like that, awkward Josh is back — his cheeks heat up from the casual use of nickname. And although it is nice to hear Elliot call him that, he wonders if Elliot was aware of the usage or he just stated it without even giving much thought to it.

It shouldn't be a big deal though, right — being boyf-

Boyfriends? Are they boyfriends now?

Josh clears his throat, hoping that would clear up his muddy thoughts as well.

"Where are we going then?" he directs his question towards the boy beside him.

The latter grins back at him mischievously, and all he says is, "You'll see,"

⋘⋙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 87K 70
"I don't care how many times I have to tell you that you are more than enough, that you deserve someone to make you happy and to love you and that I'...
37.6K 2.7K 16
(Re-written and revamped from the original, which was initially submitted for the 2020 Open Novella Contest.) Growing up in a small town in rural New...
766K 54.4K 62
in which a boy has thirty days to convince his crush to not commit suicide. tw! mentions of suicide, self-harm & depression. [COMPLETE] lowercase int...
150K 13.6K 34
Noah Riley didn't mean to drown, or did he? But waking up in another boy's hoodie entices him not only to live a little longer but also to solve the...