39. meet boy

Chapter 39 — meet boy

"I suck," Josh groans, plopping down beside Elliot on the bridge.

The curly-haired boy tries his best to remain stoic but a small snort manages to escape his lips anyway. It doesn't take long for Josh to realise why he was laughing and jabs him in the shoulder, "Oi, get your mind out of the gutter," he wishes he can stop the warmth crawling up his neck though.

"I didn't say anything," Elliot raises his hands in defence.

Josh narrows his eyes at him, and then shakes his head, chuckling under his breath. He isn't even with him for that long and yet his heart feels instantly lightened, as opposed to how he was feeling only moments ago.

"So why do you think you...suck?" the dark-haired boy can't help it — he sniggers once again.

Josh purses his lips, although one side is twitching a little.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop," he even does a motion of zipping up his lips, locking it and then giving the key to Josh.

The blond rolls his eyes, but accepts the imaginary key anyways, and put in the front pocket of his t-shirt. Elliot raises his eyebrows in askance. After a moment's thought, Josh shakes his head — he is tired of always complaining and worrying about things. For the instant, he just wants to be with his boyfriend, basking in his ever-calming presence.

He leans forward and presses a soft kiss on his lips, mumbling, "I'm unlocking your lips, so you're allowed to talk now," but just as he is about to move away, Elliot grabs his arm.

He says something but it is mostly inaudible since he still has his lips pressed together. Josh looks at him in confusion, and then Elliot taps his lips and puckered it, closing his eyes.

"Such a dork," Josh cups his chin lightly, brings their lips together but this kiss lasted a bit longer as Elliot grabs his neck and kisses him back as well.

"Now my lips are fully unlocked," Elliot says, grinning, his boyish dimples making its appearance.

Josh rolls his eyes, and pushes the boy lightly, but he only slings his arm around the blond and pulls him closer once again. Josh doesn't even try to resist, he rests his head on his shoulder. And they just stay like for the next few minutes, in pure silence, staring at the starry night sky.

Josh is the first one to pop the silence, "Before I forget, there's something I need to tell and ask you,"

"Anything," Elliot replies without even any hesitance.

"Well, my friends, they would really, really like to meet you. And I would like it too — for you to meet them and them to meet you," Josh says, "Would you like to?" he asks, his voice full of hope, and then quickly adds, "No pressure though. You can totally say no, I'll understand. I'm–,"

"Josh, shut up," Elliot laughs, cutting off his boyfriend, "Of course, I would love to meet them — in fact I can't wait to meet them,"

The blond sighs in relief.

"Josie actually knows me from the bakery — she hangs out around there a lot with this one guy and a girl," Elliot says, grimacing, "Wonder what she'll think when it's me who's dating her brother,"

"Well, there's only one way to find out,"

⋘⋙

It is 3.48 pm on the dot, and Josh has been at Lap Up for thirty-eight minutes and eighteen seconds — no, he isn't counting or anything, he is just acutely aware of each and every passing second. He is at the restaurant with the people whose opinions mattered to him the most of all, and also whom he has recently have come to realise would have his back no matter what — his two best friends, and as sappy as it was, his younger sister.