Harry's Unknown Power (A Fath...

By JessicaRivera821

A house elf named Dobby appears in his room at Spinner's End, where he is living for the summer with his fath... More

Chapter 1: Spinner's End-Snape's Home
Chapter 3: Dobby's Warning and Gilderoy Lockhart
Chapter 4: A Week with the Weasley Family
Chapter 2: Harry's 12th Birthday
Chapter 5: The Ford Anglia and Hogwarts
Chapter 6: Ron's Howler and Professor Lockhart
Chapter 7: Quidditch Practice and Belching Slugs
Chapter 8: Detention and Writing on the Wall
Chapter 9: The Rogue Bludger and Dobby Returns
Chapter 10: Potions Class Disaster and the Dueling Club
Chapter 11: A Double Attack and the Polyjuice Potion
Chapter 12: The Diary and Valentine's Day
Chapter 13: Hagrid and Aragog
Chapter 15: Harry's Explanation and Dobby's Freedom

Chapter 14: Entering the Chamber of Secrets

2.7K 70 28
By JessicaRivera821

The following evening, they visit Hermione. Harry puts a bouquet of flowers into the vase. Harry said, "Wish you were here, Hermione. We need you. Now more than ever." While Harry was looking at Hermione, he spots a scrunched up piece of parchment in Hermione's hand. Harry pries it from her hand and opens it. Ron said, "What's that?" Harry said, "Ron, this is why Hermione was in the library the day she was attacked. Come on." Harry and Ron leave the hospital wing. Harry reads the parchment, "Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it." Harry looks at Ron and said, "Ron, this is it! The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a basilisk! That's why I can hear it speak! It's a snake!" Ron said, "But if it kills, by looking people in the eye, why is it that no one's dead?" Harry looks and see his reflection in a window on the door. He said, "Because no one did look it in the eye. Not directly, at least. Colin saw it through his camera. Justin.... Justin must have seen the basilisk through Sir Nicholas. Sir Nicholas got the full blast of it, but he's a ghost. He couldn't die again. And Hermione.... Had a mirror.... I bet you anything, she was using it to look around corners. In case it came along." Ron said, "And Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera or a mirror, Harry." Harry said, "The water.... There was water on the floor that night. She only saw the basilisk's reflection." Harry looks at the parchment again and said, "Spiders flee before it. It all fits!" Ron said, "How's the basilisk been getting around? A dirty, great snake. Someone would have seen it." Harry shows Ron the parchment. On the parchment was the word Pipes in Hermione's handwriting. Harry said, "Hermione's answered that too." Ron said, "Pipes? It's using the plumbing?" Harry said, "Remember what Aragog said? About that girl 50 years ago? She died in a bathroom. What if she never left?" Ron realizes what Harry was saying. He said, "Moaning Myrtle!" Harry nods. They suddenly heard McGonagall's amplified voice. McGonagall said, "All students are to return to their house dormitory at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor immediately." Harry and Ron went to the 2nd floor and hid nearby while the teachers came running to where the the first attacked happened. Snape was among them. McGonagall said, "As you can see, the heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster, into the Chamber itself. The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts." The teachers look worried. That is, until Lockhart showed up. Their worry turned into hatred, upon seeing Lockhart. Lockhart said, "So sorry. Dozed off. What have I missed?" Snape said coldly, "A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come at last." Lockhart said, "M.... My  moment?" Snape smirks coldly, "Weren't you saying just last night, that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" Lockhart was no longer looking cheery. He was looking feeble and scared now. McGonagall said, "That settles it. We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. You're skills, after all, are legend." Lockhart smiles faintly and said, "Very well. Uh.... I'll just be in my office getting uh.... Getting ready." Lockhart leaves them as Madam Pomfrey said, "Who is it that the monster has taken, Minerva?" McGonagall said, "Ginny Weasely." The teachers leave. Snape was about to leave when he heard Ron say weakly, "Ginny...." There on the wall, below the first message, were words written in blood. It read: Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever. Snape watches as Ron and Harry leaves, then follows quietly. Harry said, "Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know!" They enter Lockhart's office to find Lockhart packing. Harry said, "Professor, we have some information for you!" Harry and Ron pause to see suitcases and trunks packed. Harry said, "Are you going somewhere?" Lockhart said, "Well, yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go." Snape stands by the office door, listening. Ron said incredulously, "What about my sister?!" Lockhart said as he continues to pack, "Well, um.... As to that.... Most unfortunate. No one regrets it more than I." Ron shouts back, "You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!" Lockhart said, "Well I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description...." Harry cuts him off as he said, "You're running away?! After all that stuff you did in your books?!" Lockhart said, "Books can be misleading...." Snape quietly pulls out his wand. He had a feeling that Lockhart might do something to his son and his son's friend, Ron. If so, he was ready to protect them. Harry said, "You wrote them!" Lockhart said, "My dear boy, do use your common sense! My books wouldn't have sold half as well, if people didn't think I'd done all those things!" Harry said, "You're a fraud! You've just been taking credit for what other wizards have done!" Ron said, "Is there anything you can do?" Lockhart said, "Yes! Now that you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would have gone blabbing. I'd never have sold another book." Lockhart continues as he turns and picks up his wand, "In fact, I'm going to have to do the same to you." Harry and Ron pull out their wands and points them at Lockhart.

They weren't the only ones were their wands out. A voice Harry recognized all too well, spoke from behind them, "I think not, Lockhart." Harry and Ron turn around to see Snape standing behind them, his wand pointing directly at Lockhart as well. Lockhart said, "Severus.... I...."Snape said, "I will not allow you to use your Memory Charm on my students, Lockhart." Harry and Ron resume pointing their wands at Lockhart. Snape said, "Drop your wand." Snape added in his most dangerous voice as his eyes narrow, "Now!" Lockhart who had paled at the murderous look Snape was giving him, drops his wand. Snape said to Harry without looking at him, "What do you know about the Chamber of Secrets, and the monster that resides within it?" Harry hands him the parchment he took from Hermione's hand. Harry said, "Read it, dad" Snape takes it and reads it. His eyes widens as he reads it. Snape hisses, "There is a basilisk in this school?! And it's using the pipes?! How is it that none of them are dead?" Harry said, "Colin saw it through his camera. Justin saw it through Sir Nicholas. Sir Nicholas got the full blast of it, dad. He's a ghost though, so he can't die. Hermione used a mirror. Mrs. Norris saw the basilisk's reflection in the water that flooded the corridor." Snape looks shocked as he said, "Miss. Granger is one clever witch. You are just as clever to have figured it out as well." Harry said, "We need to save Ginny, dad." Ron nods, "We have to save my sister!" Snape looks at them and said, "Very well. We will save her, but do exactly what I say. Is that clear." Ron and Harry nod in response. Snape looks at Lockhart and said, "You're coming with us, Lockhart." Harry said, "Do you know who Moaning Myrtle is, dad?" Snape nods, "She was a student here, when Hagrid went to school here. She was killed by the basilisk...." Snape stops talking as he realizes something. He said, "She died in the bathroom that she now haunts.... You don't think...." Harry nods, "The entrance to the Chamber of Secrets has to be in her bathroom, dad. I know how to open it. Since Salazar Slytherin was a parseltongue, and he made the Chamber for his snake, then the only way to open it, is to speak parseltongue...." Snape looks at Harry, "And you speak parseltongue. That means you can open it." Harry nods in response. Snape sighs, "Why must you always be involve in dangerous situations?" Harry shrugs, "I don't go looking for trouble or danger. Danger and trouble usually finds me, dad" Snape shakes his head in amusement. He said to Harry, "Lead the way, Harry." Harry nods as Snape looks at Lockhart and said, "After you, Lockhart." Lockhart looks defeated as he leaves his office and follows Harry. Snape follows Lockhart with Ron bringing up the rear. Harry leads them to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. They enter the bathroom and find Myrtle wailing as usual. She was floating above her cubicle. Myrtle spots them and said, "Oh, who's there?" She smiles as she sees Harry, "Hello Harry. What do you want?" Harry said, "To ask you how you died." Myrtle said, "Oh, it was dreadful. It happened right here in this very cubicle. I had hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying and then, I heard somebody come in." Harry said, "Who was it, Myrtle?" Myrtle said, "I don't know. I was distraught! But they said something funny. A kind of made-up language. I realized it was a boy, so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away, and I died." Harry said, "Just like that? How?" Myrtle said, "I just remember seeing a pair of great, big, yellow eyes over there by that sink." Myrtle points to the sink. Harry walks over to the sink, while Snape kept Lockhart where he was with his wand. Myrtle floats back to her cubicle to cry and wail. Harry looks around the sink, looking carefully. He turns the tap on the sink, but no water comes out. He looks closer at the faucet to see why, and sees a carving of a snake on the side of the faucet. Harry said, "This is it. This is it Ron, Professor. I think this is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets." Ron said, "Say something. Harry, say something in Parseltongue." Harry stands back and stares at the snake carved on the faucet. Everyone watches as Harry said in Parseltongue, "Open." Everyone moves back as the sinks move outwards. The sink with the snake sinks down into the floor. The grate slides over the top, covering the sink.

There before them, was a large pipe leading down. Big enough for a giant snake to come through. Snape looks into the pipe in shock as did everyone else. Lockhart looks down into the pipe, then looks at them and said, "Excellent, Harry. Good work. Well then, I'll just be.... Um.... There's no need for me to stay." Lockhart tries to escape, but Ron and Harry grab him and pushes him back. Harry said, "Oh yes there is." Harry said, "You first." Snape smirks coldly, "I agree with that sentiment, Harry." Lockhart said, "Now boys, what good will it do?" Ron said, "Better you than us." Lockhart said, "Um.... Obviously yes...." Lockhart turns around and looks down into the pipe again. He said, "Are you sure you don't want to test it first?" Snape said, "We're absolutely sure, Lockhart." To Ron and Harry's surprise, Snape shoves Lockhart into the pipe! Lockhart's scream echos up at them as he disappears into the pipe. After a few minutes, they hear a distant thud. That told them that Lockhart had landed on something. Lockhart's voice echoed back up at them as he said, "It's really quite filthy down here." Snape smirk as he looks down into the pipe. Harry said, "Alright, let's go." Myrtle said, "Oh Harry? If you die down there, you're welcome to share my toilet." Snape raises an eyebrow at Myrtle and shakes his head in amusement once again. Snape said, "That ghost seems to fancy you, Harry." Harry blushes embarrassingly, "Daaaaad!" Ron snickers as Snape chuckles. Snape said, "Alright, enough of my teasing. Shall we go, boys?" Snape gestures to the pipe. Harry and Ron nod in response. Snape said, "You first Harry, then you Mr. Weasley." Harry nods and jumps down into the pipe. Ron follows soon after. Snape jumps in last, bringing up the rear. Snape comes flying out of the pipe, landing on the floor. Snape looks around to find Ron, Harry and Lockhart already standing. Ron and Harry had their wands on Lockhart. Snape sits up, then stands. He dusts himself off and looks around. Animal bones covered the entire floor, as their feet crunched on the bones. Harry said, "Now remember: Any sign of movement, close your eyes straightaway." Ron said to Lockhart, "Go on!" Harry leads the way as Lockhart followed. Ron follow closely behind as Snape took up the rear. They lit their wands so that they could see where they were going. They soon came across something large laying on the ground in the tunnel. It looked as if it was a giant snake, sleeping. Ron hoarsely, "Harry, there's something up there. Maybe it's asleep." Once they moved closer, they realized it was snake skin. The basilisk that shedded this skin must be 20 feet long! Ron said weakly, "Blimey...." Snape looks at the snake skin in shock as he said, "Incredible...." They heard a noise behind them. They turned around quickly, wands raised. Lockhart had fainted. Or so they thought. Before they could do anything, Lockhart had swiped Ron's wand from him and was pointing it between the 3 of them as he got to his feet. He said, "The adventure ends here boys. But don't fret. The world will know our story. How I was too late to save the girl. How you 2 tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body. And how you, Severus, got killed by the basilisk." Lockhart points Ron's wand at Harry and said, "So, you first Harry. Say good bye to your memories." Snape was about to disarm him when he saw that Ron's wand was nearly broken in 2 and was held together by spell-o-tape. He smirks at Lockhart as he lowers his wand. Lockhart never noticed how broken Ron's wand was as he shouts, "Obliviate!" Just as Snape had thought. The wand backfired on Lockhart hitting him with the spell, instead of Harry. The spell hit him hard, slamming him into the wall of the pipe. He slides to the floor unconscious. The wand slips from his hand and lands on the floor. A rumble was heard overhead. The piped caved in separating Snape and Harry from Ron and Lockhart, as the 3 of the dived away from the falling rocks. As the dust settles, Ron said, "Harry! Harry!" Harry said, "Ron! Dad!" Are you guys ok?" Ron said, "I'm fine!" Snape said, "I'm alright, are you ok Harry?!" Harry said, "I'm ok, dad!" Suddenly, they heard a groan as Lockhart came to. He sits up and smiles. He said, "Hello. Who are you?" Ron said, "Um, Ron Weasley." Lockhart smiles as he tosses a rock from hand to hand. He said, "Really? Um, who am I?" Ron looks towards where he heard Harry and said, "Lockhart's Memory Charm backfired! He hasn't got clue who he is!" Snape had carefully made as big a hole as he could, while Lockhart was talking. Both Harry and Snape look at Ron and Lockhart. Snape said, "Serves him right, arrogant little twit." Lockhart said, "It's an odd sort of place, isn't it? Do you live here?" Ron takes the rock from him and said, "No." Lockhart said, "Really?" Ron hits Lockhart over the head with the rock, knocking him out. Harry and Snape cringes. Snape said to Harry, "Lockhart's going to be feeling that when he wakes up." Ron said, "What do we do now?" Harry said, "You wait here and keep an eye on Lockhart. Dad and I will go and find Ginny." Ron said, "Ok." Snape looks proudly at Harry. Once again, Harry took charge of the situation. Harry said, "Come on dad." Harry leads the way again as Snape follows, wands raised.

Snape and Harry come up to a round metal door. with 7 carved snakes on it. Harry speaks parsletongue once again as he said, "Open." Snape watches as the snakes move back one at a time. An 8th snake moves around the perimeter of the door, unlocking the door. The door opens of its own accord as they look on. Snape and Harry enter the chamber and look around. The chamber was huge! There were a row of snake head statues on either side of them. Ahead of them, a statue of Salazar Slytherin's face, his hair spread out. Both Harry and Snape spot Ginny laying on the floor in front of the statue. Harry said, "Ginny!" He runs to Ginny. Snape runs after Harry as he shouts, "Harry wait!"Harry reaches Ginny and goes to his knees, setting his wand down next to him. Harry said, "Ginny! Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up, wake up! Please wake up!" While Harry was trying to wake Ginny up, Snape notices something coming out of the shadows. Snape looks surprised when he sees a 16 year old boy walking towards them. The boy was handsome with short dark hair and fair skin. The boy said, "She won't wake." Harry looks up and said, "Tom! Tom Riddle! What do you mean she won't wake? She's not...." Tom said, "She still alive, but only just." Snape's eyes widen in shock as he realizes who it was. They were looking at a 16 year old Voldemort! Harry didn't know yet, but he will soon. Harry said, "Are you a ghost?" Tom said, "A memory preserved in a diary for 50 years." Harry touches her hand and said, "She's cold as ice. Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up." While Harry's attention was at Ginny, Tom takes his wand and holds it. Harry said, "You've got to help me Tom. There's a basilisk." Tom said with a smirk, "It won't come until it's called." Harry sees Tom holding his wand. He said, "Give me my wand, Tom." Tom said, "You won't be needing it." Harry said, "Listen, we've got to go. We've got to save her." Tom smirks coldly, "I'm afraid I can't do that, Harry. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger." Harry looks at Tom confused. Snape, on the other hand, realize what Ginny had done. Tom said, "Yes, Harry. It was Ginny Weasley, who opened the Chamber of Secrets." Harry shakes his head as he said, "No.... She couldn't.... She wouldn't...." Tom continues, "It was Ginny who set the basilisk on the mud-bloods and Filch's cat." Snape glares at Tom. He hated hearing that word. Tom continues, "Ginny, who wrote the threatening messages on the wall." Harry said, "But why?" Tom smirks widen, "Because I told her to. You'll find I can be very.... Persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was, shall we say, in a trance." Tom's smirk fades as he continues, "Still, the power of the diary began to scare her. She tried to dispose of it in the girl's bathroom, and then who should find it but you. The very person I was most anxious to meet." Harry said, "Why did you want to meet me?" Tom smirks again, "I knew I had to talk to you. Meet you if I could. So, I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf, Hagrid, to gain your trust." Harry said, "Hagrid's my friend, and you framed him. Didn't you?" Tom's smirk widens as eyes remain cold, "It was my word against Hagrid's." His smirk fades again as he adds, "Only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent." Harry said, "I bet Dumbledore saw right through you." Tom said irritably, "He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that. I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school. So, I decided to leave behind a diary, preserving my 16 year old self in its pages. So that one day, I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work." Harry said, "Well you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours, the Mandrake Draught will be ready, and everyone who was petrified will be all right again." Tom said, "Haven't I told you? Killing mud-bloods doesn't matter to me. For many months now, my new target.... Has been you." Tom stares at him coldly as he said, "How is it, that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent, was able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you escape with nothing but a scar, while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed." Harry said coldly back, "What do you care how I escaped? Voldemort was after your time." Tom smirks coldly as he said, "Voldemort is my past, present and future." He turns his back on Harry as he raises Harry's wand and writes his full name in mid air. The name Tom Marvolo Riddle shined like flames in the air. Tom waves his wand and the words rearranged itself to say: I am Lord Voldemort. Harry looks at him in shock as he said, "You! You're the heir of Slytherin? You're Voldemort?" Snape raises his wand at the ready as he realized what that book was. If he had to, he will fight this memory of Voldemort's. Tom said, "Surely, you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy muggle father's name? No, I fashioned myself a new name. A name I knew wizards everywhere, would one day fear to speak. When I became the greatest sorcerer in the world!" Harry said, "Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!" Tom shouts, "Dumbledore been driven out of the castle by the mere memory of me!" Harry said, "He'll never be gone! Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him!"

Suddenly, they hear a cry of a phoenix. It was Fawkes the Phoenix! He appeared out of nowhere! He was flying towards Harry carrying the sorting hat. Harry said in awe, "Fawkes...." Snape looks on in awe as Fawkes drops the hat at Harry's feet and flies around. Harry picks up the hat and stares at Tom. Tom sneers, "So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defender. A songbird and an old hat." He turns and faces the statue of Salazar Slytherin. Both Harry and Snape hears Tom speaking in parseltongue at the statue. At once, the mouth of the statue opens and out slithers the basilisk! Harry and Snape focused their eyes on Tom. Tom said, "Let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry Potter!" Harry said, "It's Harry Snape!" Tom glances at Snape, before turning to the basilisk. Snape yells, "Harry, run!" As they both turn and run. Tom speaks in parseltongue at the basilisk, then said, "Parseltongue won't save you now, Harry! It only obeys me!" The basilisk follows them as they run. Harry trips and falls to the floor. Snape whips around and shouts, "HARRY!" The basilisk slithers closer to Harry as Harry keeps his eyes to the ground. Snape keeps his eyes away from the basilisk as Fawkes cries and attacks the basilisk, pecking at its eyes. The basilisk cries out in pain as it tries to shake the phoenix off. Tom shouts, "NO! Your bird may have blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you!" Harry backs away, only to step on a pebble on the floor. The sound of pebbles crunching made the basilisk face Harry. Harry runs as Snape beckons him to follow him into a large pipe. Harry reaches Snape, who grabs his wrist and drags him into the pipe. Snape pants, "This way, Harry!" They found a niche in the pipe and hid there as the basilisk follows into the pipe behind them. The basilisk moves slowly down the pipe, straining to hear them. It slowly turns its huge head towards the niche where they were hidden. It inches its head forward, hissing. Harry and Snape pressed themselves up against the wall of the pipe. Harry spots a rock and grabs it. He tosses the rock down the pipe, opposite of where they had entered. The basilisk heard the sound and slithers down the pipe, away from the exit. Harry and Snape runs out of the pipe and back to where Tom and Ginny were. Tom said, "Yes, Harry. The process is nearly complete. In a few minutes, Ginny Weasley will be dead. And I will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return. Very much alive." Snape looks horrified at Voldemort. If he manages to return, there's no telling what he will do. Harry having the same thought as Snape goes to his knees again and attempts to wake Ginny. Harry said, "Ginny?" The basilisk suddenly bursts through the floor. Harry spots the hilt of a sword poking out of the sorting hat. Harry quickly grabs it and pulls it out of the hat. Snape looks on in shock, Harry pulled the sword out of the sorting hat! Harry runs to the statue and starts climbing as the basilisk goes after him. Snape sends curses and spells at the basilisk , as he dodges it, but to no avail. They snake was too big to be affected by spells. He watches on helplessly as Harry continues to climb the statue. Harry dodges the basilisk as it lunges at him. Harry continues to climb and makes it to the top of the statue. As the basilisk lunges one more time, Harry plunges the sword into his mouth. The sword goes through the top of the basilisk's head as it screams in pain. Unfortunately one of its fang pierced Harry in his arm. Harry pulls the sword out of the basilisk's head, taking the fang with it. Harry shouts in pain as he pulls the fang out. Snape looks at Harry wide-eyed. Snape whispers, "Oh no.... Harry...." Harry grabs his arm in pain as he watches the basilisk fall to the floor dead. Tom looks shock at the basilisk's body, before turning his eyes to Harry, who had climbed down from the statue and was walking towards him and Ginny. Harry was looking ready to collapse as he drags the sword in one hand, while holding the fang in the other. Harry collapses as he drags himself to Ginny, dropping the fang and sword. Snape was searching his pockets frantically, looking for the antidote of the venom, now coursing in Harry's vein. Tom smirks, "Remarkable isn't it? How quickly the venom of the basilisk penetrates the body? I guess you have a little more than a minute to live. You'll be with your dear mud-blood mother soon, Harry." Harry grabs Ginny's hand, as he apologized mentally for failing to save her. Tom said, "Funny, the damage a silly little book can do, especially in the hands of a silly little girl." Snape realizes quickly that the book was a horcrux. It had to be destroyed! He quickly runs forwards, falls to his knees and grabs the diary. Harry watches weakly as Snape grabs the fang. Tom said, "What are you doing?" Snape said coldly, his voice filled with anger, "Never call Lily a mud-blood, Voldemort." Snape opens the diary and lifts the fang. Tom said, "Stop, No!" Snape stabs the diary with the fang. Ink immediately starts to spill out of the diary like blood. Snape looks up at the sound of Tom's scream. A hole appears on Tom's chest. Snape looks on in shock, then looks back down at the diary. It was working! Tom lunges at Snape, only for Snape to stab the diary again with the fang. More ink spills out as another hole appears on Tom's face. Snape closes the diary and stabs the cover of the diary. There were so many holes on Tom now as he screams. Then suddenly, Tom explodes. The diary was destroyed and Voldemort's memory ceases to exist.  

Ginny suddenly wakes up, panting. Color returning to her face. She sits up and looks at Harry. Harry said weakly, "Ginny.... " Ginny look at Harry and said, "Harry.... It was me, but I swear, I didn't mean to. Riddle made me and...." Ginny pauses as she spots Harry's injured arm. She said, "Harry, you're hurt." Harry covers the wound and said, "Don't worry. Ginny, you need to get yourself out. Follow the Chamber and you'll find Ron." Snape drops the fang and sits next to Harry panting. Ginny said, "Professor Snape.... Please help Harry." Snape shakes his head, "I can't.... I don't have the antidote with me...." Snape looks helplessly at Harry, tears stinging his eyes. Snape said, "I can't lose you, Harry.... You are all that I have left...." Snape lowers his head as his hair covers his face. Several tears dripping from his hook nose as he rocks back and forth, feeling unable to help Harry. Ginny comforts him the best she can. Suddenly, Fawkes cries can be heard over head. Fawkes flies towards them and lands in front of Harry. Snape looks at Fawkes in shock. Then he realizes something. He breathes as he wipes his tears, "Of course.... Phoenix tears have healing powers...." Fawkes looks at Harry as Harry said, "You were brilliant Fawkes.... I just wasn't quick enough...." Fawkes lowers his head and begins to cry. Snape said hoarsely, "Quick Harry! Let the Fawkes' tears touch your wound!" Harry shows Fawkes his injured arm. Tears begins to fall from Fawkes and lands on the wound. The wound immediately begins to heal. Harry looks on in shock as the tears healed his wound completely. The venom left his body as he begins to feel stronger. He looks at Fawkes and said, "Thanks Fawkes." Snape pulls Harry into a hug and said, "Thank Merlin you're ok now." Harry hugs Snape and said, "Yeah, thanks to Fawkes." Snape let's go as Harry looks at Ginny and said, "It's all right, Ginny. It's over. It's just a memory." Snape helps Harry and Ginny to their feet. Then picks up the diary and pockets it. Snape said, "Let's get out of here." Harry and Ginny nods in agreement. Harry pockets his wand and picks up the sword and sorting hat. They leave the chamber and follow the pipe back to Ron and Lockhart. Fawkes follows them as he flies behind them. As they reach Ron, Harry said, "Any ideas on how we're going to get out of here?" Ron shakes his head. Fawkes however, swoops in front of Harry and waves his tail feathers. Ron said, "It looks like he wants you to grab hold, but you're much too heavy for a bird to pull up." Harry said, "Fawkes is no ordinary bird." Snape nods, "Phoenix can carry very heavy loads, Mr. Weasley. Their tears also have healing powers." Ron looks in awe at Fawkes. Harry said, "We've got to hold on to each other. I'll hold Fawkes' tail. Dad, hold onto my hand. Ron, hold Snape's hand. Ginny, grab Ron's hand. Professor Lockhart...." Ron said to Lockhart, "He means you." Harry said, "You hold Ginny's other hand." Harry tucks the sword and sorting hat into his belt. Harry takes hold of Fawkes' tail feather. The tail feathers were strangely hot as he held onto them. Snape held onto Harry's other hand. Ron took hold of Snape's hand, as Ginny takes Ron's hand. Lastly, Lockhart takes hold of Ginny's hand. They suddenly started to feel light all over. The next thing they knew, Fawkes flew into the air, carrying all 5 of them with ease. As Fawkes flew upwards through the large pipe, Harry could hear Lockhart dangling below him, as he said, "Amazing! Amazing! This is just like magic!" Snape smirks in amusement as Fawkes continues to fly up through the large pipe. Before long the flight was over as Fawkes flew out of the pipe in Moaning Myrtles bathroom. They all hit the wet floor as Fawkes disappears in a ball of flame. The sinks were moving back into place as they look back. The grate slides open as the final sink rose up from the ground into view, sealing the chamber. Moaning Myrtle watches wide-eyed at them. She said to Harry, sounding disappointed, "You're alive." Harry said grimly, "There's no need to sound so disappointed." Snape chuckles as he and the others get up. He said, "Come along everyone, we need to see Dumbledore. He needs to know what happened in the chamber." Harry, Ron and Ginny nods in response as they grab Lockhart's arm and follow Snape out of the bathroom. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508 8 6
The summer before Harry's fourth year happens differently. Sirius Black had been saved from a dementor kiss, Later on, Sirius decided to share some i...
263K 2.8K 19
Hermione granger has it all, or does she? Her boyfriend cheats, her friends forgot her so what does she do. She does what any sensible witch would ha...
692 41 9
The second installment in my 'Bound by Soul' series. I suggest reading my story of that name before this, as the warnings for that one apply to this...
168K 5.5K 19
A/N I suggest you watch "Maleficent: Mistress of evil" before you read this story Maleficent was flying through the city when she heard a weeping chi...