Chapter 15: Harry's Explanation and Dobby's Freedom

Here is the final chapter of this sequel! :) <3 I hope you all enjoyed reading it. :) <3 The first chapter of the next sequel, Harry's Godfather, will be posted in the coming week. :) <3 So, the story continues! ^_^ <3 Keep your eyes peeled for it! ;) <3 

Snape lead Harry, Ginny, Ron and Lockhart to Dumbledore's office. They were all covered in slime and dirt. Though Harry had some blood on his arm after Fawkes healed the wound where the fang pierced him. Snape enters the office as Ron moves Lockhart to the side. Harry and Ginny stands just inside the doorway of the office as they look at Dumbledore. Mrs. Weasley shouts, "Ginny!" She hugs Ginny as Mr. Weasley goes to his feet and hugs her as well. Ron goes and hugs his family. Harry however was staring at Dumbledore. McGonagall was there, with her hand on her chest as she takes in gasps of air. Fawkes flew in and lands on his perch, which was next to Dumbledore's desk. Mrs. Weasley hugs Harry tightly and said, "You saved her! You saved her! How did you do it?" McGonagall said,"I think we'd all like to know that." Mrs. Weasley lets him go and smiles tearfully. Harry goes up to Dumbledore's desk and puts the sword and sorting hat on it. Snape takes out the diary and lays it on the desk as well. Harry explains how he heard the disembodied voice. How Hermione had finally realized that he was hearing a basilisk in the pipes. How he and Ron had followed the spiders into the forest. Snape eyes Harry who looks apologetically back at Snape, before continuing. He explains how Aragog had told them where the last victim of the basilisk had died. How he had guessed that Moaning Myrtle had been the victim, and that the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets might be in her bathroom. He also told them how he and Snape saved Ginny. McGonagall said, "Very well. So, you found out where the entrance was,but how on earth did you all get out of there alive, Harry?" So Harry told them about Fawkes's timely arrival and about the Sorting Hat giving him the sword. But then he faltered. He had so far avoided mentioning Riddle's diary or Ginny. She was standing with her head against Mrs. Weasley's shoulder, and tears were still falling silently down her cheeks. Harry thought, 'What if they expelled her? Riddle's diary didn't work anymore. How could they prove it had been he who'd made her do it all?' Dumbledore said, "What interests me the most, is how Lord Voldemort managed to enchant Ginny. When my sources tell me that he is currently in hiding, in the forests of Albania." Dumbledore understood Harry without Harry having to tell him about the diary and Ginny.Harry felt relieved. Mr. Weasley said, "What's that? You-Know-Who? Enchant Ginny? But Ginny's not.... Ginny hasn't been.... Has she?" Harry said as he picks up the diary and shows it to Dumbledore. "It was this diary. Riddle wrote in it when he was sixteen...." Dumbledore takes the diary from Harry and looks down at the diary. Dumbledore said softly, "Brilliant.... Of course, he was probably the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen." He said to the Weasley, "Very few people know that Lord Voldemort was once called Tom Riddle. I taught him myself, fifty years ago, at Hogwarts. He disappeared after leaving the school. He traveled far and wide.... He sank so deeply into the Dark Arts, consorted with the very worst of our kind, underwent so many dangerous, magical transformations, that when he resurfaced as Lord Voldemort, he was barely recognizable. Hardly anyone connected Lord Voldemort with the clever, handsome boy who was once Head Boy here." Mrs. Weasley said, "But Ginny.... What's our Ginny got to do with him?" Ginny said, sobbing, "His diary! I've been writing in it, and he's been writing back all year...." Mr. Weasley said shocked, "Ginny! Haven't I taught you anything? What have I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself. If you can't see where it keeps its brain. Why didn't you show the diary to me, or your mother? A suspicious object like that, it was clearly full of Dark Magic." Ginny said, sobbing, "I didn't know. I found it inside my cauldron. I thought someone had just left it in there and forgotten about it." Dumbledore interrupted in a firm voice, "Miss Weasley should go up to the hospital wing right away. This has been a terrible ordeal for her. There will be no punishment. Older and wiser wizards than she have been hoodwinked by Lord Voldemort." He walks over to the door and opens it, "Bed rest and perhaps a large, steaming mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up." He smiles at Ginny and said, "You will find that Madam Pomfrey is still awake. She has just given out Mandrake juice to her patients. I daresay the basilisk's victims will be waking up any moment." Ron said hopefully, "So, Hermione is ok?" Dumbledore nods in response. Mrs. Weasley leads Ginny out, and Mr. Weasley follows, still looking shaken.