Just Fantastic

By xoRobinEggBlue101

Dustin Maloney finally turned seventeen. The girl that was ridiculed and outcasted all her life has grown to... More

No One Said This Would Be Easy | Prologue
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 1
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 2
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 3
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 4
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 5
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 6
No One Said This Would Be Easy | 7
Author's Note

No One Said This Would Be Easy | 8

1.1K 60 43
By xoRobinEggBlue101

Chapter 8: A Trip to Another Hell

8:12 A.M., Upstairs Corridors

A week had passed since the dreadful night announcing my annexation into this family; I’ve never felt so isolated in my life. I haven’t received a single phone call, my cell phone was missing, and my laptop was gone. Every day I grew angrier and more depressed. What the hell is going on? Where is everyone I had spent my life with? Was I really that replaceable?

I sank down onto the floor and flailed my arms and legs in frustration.

I needed my life back. I needed my parents, Phil and Melinda, back. I need Ace, and Millie, and even Malcolm. I wouldn’t mind a noggie from Derek or an insult from Rachael. I’d love a hug from the littlest Maloney, Ashley, or just to see our crazy dog Homer or whatever the hell Ashley named it this time. I wanted my chickadees back; I always felt right at home with Maggie, Goose, Emily, and Gabe. Seeing Arnold or Winifred would be a pleasure.

However, if they didn’t want me, they won’t have me. I’ll make a family out of these strangers and show them.

I’m f*cking Dustin Mal— Rayvine McWilliams! I corrected myself.

Nothing could hurt me. Nothing would hurt me.

------------------------------------------------>

8:31 A.M., Kitchen

I furiously chopped into the onions with rage. I imagined they were Nathaniel’s arrogant little head then slice! Being here, wherever I am, was turning me into a psychopath.

Actually, where on the blue Earth am I really?

I slammed down the knife and nearly sliced my finger, but that’s beside the point. I squinted my eyes and backed away from the kitchen counter for a moment. Suddenly, I was infuriated.

Why don’t I know where I am? Why don’t I know the people I’m staying with? Why do I keep complaining? I’m at least fortunate enough to have a huge house to live in temporarily even if it’s not a home filled with loved ones.

With a heavy sigh, I carefully flipped the last omelet and a small forced smile broke out on my face.

“Breakfast’s ready, come and eat it up!”

----->

9:01 A.M., Family Dining Room

This breakfast was an excellent way to pave my path toward assimilation. Everyone — as in Sugar Magnolia, Rose Clover, Winston, Trace, Barney and Andy — was enjoying themselves. I was as well, especially since Nathaniel and adults were excluded in this little get together.

“Are you serious? Were not even thirty miles from my hometown? So if I were to just go for a jog, a thirty mile jog, I’d be home?” I pondered out loud as my heart thudded with hope. This changes everything. Home isn’t too far away. Barney’s words had literally just made me the happiest girl on this Earth.

“Actually this is your home now, but yeah. If you just keep straight down this road, you’d eventually be at your old house. I’m surprised you don’t know that, you came here all the time when you were younger.” Barney shrugged while chugging down another glass of orange juice. When he slammed it down the glass actually shattered a tad at the bottom. It took effort to restrain from giving him an odd look. Does he not realize his own strength?

“Ray, why are you so curious as to where you are all of a sudden, it’s not like you're leaving any time  soon. You’re engaged to my brother there was an entire ceremony about it to, that you completely effed up by the way. But I’m not complaining, takes a strong woman to publicly humiliate herself for revenge.” He winked before stuffing a pancake into his mouth.

“How was that public humiliation for anyone besides Nathaniel and Harlot?” I said with a glare. I don't see how I was humiliated by that prank, it was nearly perfect.

“You should stop calling your own sister a harlot, you haven’t even given her a chance. She’s family.” He announced through a mouth full of pancakes. However, it didn’t escape my notice that he completely avoided my question.

“I have no family last time I checked. I’m pretty sure I was dropped on Earth by a stork, Barney.” I said with a half smile to show that I’m joking. However, Harlot is not part of my family, and after the nasty things she and Nathaniel have said to me, she never will be either.  

He smiled back at me and his eyes twinkled while his teeth shone an almost fluorescent white.

“What brand of toothpaste do you use?”

He laughed before kicking my foot underneath the table. “What? Where did that come from? Has something gone haywire up in your noggin?” Then, before I could escape, he ruffled my hair just like the way Derek always had. I missed Derek.

“Barney, touch my hair again and you’re dead.” I said with fake anger. “You also have this uncanny ability to completely avoid answering my questions.” This time I let my angry facade fall and stoke my tongue out.

At that very moment Nathaniel paraded into the dining room with just a pair of checkered boxers covering his naked body, no doubt trying to get the attention of the many females that entered in and out of his home. I almost screamed when I looked more closely. He managed to get all of the green out of his hair and made his unexpected orange bath look like a planned tanning.

“Best keep your tongue in your mouth, wifey, before I find a better use for that.” He winked before yanking Andy right out of his seat across from me and digging into Andy’s breakfast as well.

“Nate!” Andrew screamed shrilly with what looked like tears of frustration filling the brim of his eyes. I mentally sympathized with him and glared at Nathaniel. With all of my being wished that he would just disappear forever.

“Might as well take a picture if you have to stare so hard to memorize the lines of my abdomens.” Nathaniel said cockily.

“Way to ruin my day so early in the morning, that’s just another accomplishment you can place under your belt. Also, don’t be so inappropriate the only thing you’ll see me use my tongue for is chiding you and your stupidity. And wifey?” I asked disgusted.

He shrugged, “I’m not giving you any sexual innuendos. I simply meant if you didn’t place your tongue back in your mouth I’d find another use for it, such as chopping it off so I wouldn’t have to hear your whining voice every morning. Or maybe sewing your mouth shut so no one would have to be burdened with your annoying sounds. But, if you wanted to make out with me you should have just asked, I didn’t know you were so horny in the morning by the way. However, the answer would have been no because why would I find you attractive enough to kiss? There’s not enough alcohol in the world for that to occur.” He finished before raising an eyebrow challenging me to respond. The entire table had quieted anticipating my expulsion.

Nathaniel took my plate right out from under me and proceeds to eat my grilled cheese as my face slowly turned redder and redder with anger.

“Oh my f*cking goodness—!” I managed to yell before I lunged at Nathaniel. However, Barney stood up and grabbed me around my waist and locked me into his chest as I thrashed in his arms. “Let me go, Barney. I swear that is the last rude thing he’ll ever say to me, I don’t deserve this!” I yelled hot with anger.

 “Calm down, Ray. I’ve got you, you need to calm down and watch your mouth, Andy’s still in the room.” Barney soothed. I breathed in and out heavily as I tried to take his advice. When it seemed as though all was well Barney let go of me.

“Chris, you know mom says nicknames are a form of endearment. I don’t think you should be calling her Ray, no reason to get attached when she’ll be leaving soon anyway. Same to you too.” Nathaniel said a smug look on his face.

I thought back to what Phil always told me and made my face impassive, I can’t believe I had let myself get out of control like that.

“Nathaniel, Barney and I are friends and I’ll call him what I want! Besides you’re always calling me RJ and you just referred to me as wifey so you’re a damn hypocrite, you dumbass.” I scoffed with my expressionless face intact.

“Ray, your language.” Barney hissed annoyed.

I backtracked and apologized, “Sorry, I mean, darn hypocrite, you dumb bum.” I sighed, that successfully lost all the integrity of my argument.

“Wifey and RJ aren’t terms of endearment, just a tactic for me in our game of mental abuse.” He responded carelessly.

 “You’re stupid if you think that we’re playing games and don’t ever call me wifey again, I am no such thing in relation to you. I’d rather marry a baboon than be a wife of yours.”

“Are you giving me permission to call you RJ?” He smirked.

“No, you moron,” I responded after processing his words for a while.

“Someone isn’t quick on the tongue; you must be a horrid kisser. Right, Andy?” Nathaniel’s smirk grew wider as he stared me straight in the eyes. My glare intensified. He wouldn’t.

“I reckon she’s a good kisser, she was my first kiss though so I can’t tell.” Andy grinned.

My entire body shook in anger, “Andrew!”

Everyone excluding Nathaniel, Andrew, and I, burst into laughter. I nearly jumped from surprise; I forgot there was an audience. “I’m not explaining myself because none of this is my fault. Enjoy your breakfast everyone, I’m leaving.” I mumbled. I couldn’t endure this any longer; I need a breath of fresh air.

Nathaniel leaned back in his chair as I rounded the table on my way out. “She’s just embarrassed that we all found out about her romance with Andrew, she couldn’t get a guy her own age unless it was arranged anyway. Look at her.” He roared with laughter.

My heart raced as I quickly grabbed the nearest item, a ketchup bottle and walked toward Nathaniel with it tucked underneath my armpit and a plan in mind. “Hey Nathaniel, I could get a guy if I wanted, I just not a whore like Harlot and yourself.” I defended myself with a smirk threatening to break out from my blank face as I spoke to him.

He turned to me slowly while still leaning back on his chair. “Sure, if the guy was half your age and hasn’t developed an adequate taste in women yet.” He shrugged.

“At least I know how to look presentable, you're a mess, pig.” I wrinkled my nose to fake disgust.

His hands shoot up toward his face, “what, where?” He asked.

“Right here,” I said while pointing to his lip and simultaneously pushing his chair forward with my opposite.

“Woooah!” He yelled as he went flying backward. His head hit the marble with a small thud and I would have winced if I cared. My weapon was pointed at Nathaniel and I started squirting.  

“You also have a spot here and there, and here and there. You just don’t know how to clean yourself, do you?” I mocked angrily. He shielded his eyes and made a grab for the bottle, but ended up with my arm and pulled down. He smirked when I fell on top of him and the ketchup smeared onto my sweatshirt as well. I slapped him to let go of me and pulled myself up. I angrily started throwing all the food I had slaved over the stove with at Nathaniel as he tried to cover himself.

When I was done, I fixed my hair and shirt and looked around the table at my audience. I noticed Camilla Daisy had joined the table when I wasn’t aware but I paid her no acknowledgement.

I bent down to Nathaniel’s level and seethed, “Don’t call me RJ, don’t call me wifey, if you can help it don’t talk to me either.”

With as much poise as I could manage I strutted out of the room with no regrets.

---------------->

1:00 P.M. Game Room

“Ouch! You slapped me!”

“No, you idiot! I didn’t slap you, I simply high-fived your face. Besides you’re not wanted here.” I stated nonchalantly. Nathaniel was rubbing his now red cheek as he walked out the door. I laughed and sit next to Andy on the floor as we played Guitar Hero. I am afraid to say that while being isolated in this hell hole of a house, my social standings have come to a halt. So I am therefore forced to befriend this devil seven-year-old.

No I am not being melodramatic, I was telling the truth. I can't be friends with Sugar Mag and Rose, because I am not going to risk the chance of them attacking me with their questions and hairdryers. I can’t befriend Trace and Winston because they make kissing noises whenever I am around them. And Barney, I don’t know where Barney was so I guess I am stuck with my next option, Andrew. I think he actually liked me, as more than a seven year old should like a person a decade older than them.

Right now we were in the middle of a very intense game of Guitar Hero. And to my dismay I had to say, Andrew was completely and utterly whipping my ass using the drums.

“Ray! I thought you said you are good at Guitar Hero! You suck!” I took a brief second to glare at him, and in that moment missed the final combination and lost the game. I dropped the guitar disbelievingly and pointed a finger at Andrew as he finished the game, with a perfect score. What the hell? Perfect score!?

“No fair! You distracted me with that insult! I demand a rematch!” I stated exaggeratedly. Andrew only smirked and flicked his strawberry blonde hair out of his face with a jerk of his head, completely ignoring my request.

 “Andrew!” I yelled. He finally snaps his head up to look at me, “Alright woman! We will have a rematch, but you’re just acting like a sore loser! And stop yelling already, I’m right besides you!”

My God, this child knew how to play with my nerves. “Shut up and just start the game.” I stated solemnly. I began to raise the guitar band, but Andrew stops me.

“Let’s raise the stakes, Ray.” He suggested excitedly. I cocked an eyebrow at him and nodded for him to continue. “If I win I get to hang out with you for an entire day, no one but us two, and you have to do whatever I say.” He smiled. I almost gagged at the request, was he asking me on a date?

“Andrew, are you asking me on a date?” He smiles broadly and said, “Something of that sort.” I scowled at him, a date with a seven year old equaled social suicide and rock bottom.

I sighed, “Andrew, whatever, you won’t win anyway. What do I get if I win?” I asked.

“Perhaps a kiss from me?” He puckered his lips for emphasis. I smacked his head and narrowed my eyes at him. Did pervertedness run in the family genes?

“I don’t think so, Andy. How about if I win, you have to spill any and all secrets about Nathaniel, I have to find a way to get some dirt on him.” Andrew scrunched his nose but agrees nonetheless. He then spat in his palm and offered it to me. “Spit shake?”

“I rather not be infected with whatever infectious diseases you are carrying.” I looked away in disgust. He laughed and was about to return to the drums, but I stop him. “No, no, no, I get the drums, you take the guitar.” He huffed, but switched anyway and chose the song. Already one minute into the song and I was crushing him. His small hand just couldn’t get comfortable with the guitar’s hold. I smirked wickedly, then I heard the most annoying sound ever.

Nathaniel was cackling wildly. He walked into the room and right in front of me, blocking the screen. “Hanging out with your lover?” he teased.

“Shut up! Move, dumb bum!” I screeched while trying to concentrate on looking at the television. He didn’t budge a smidge.

“Why should I move? So you could spend more time with your boy toy over there?” He questioned with a crazed smile on his face. I scowled and because I knew I already lost the game, I threw both drumsticks aiming them for Nathaniel’s overly conceited head. Unfortunately, I missed and they were about a good foot from even touching him.

He laughed and stood about an inch from my face, and sneered at me. “Is that the best you got?” In that instant I couldn’t control my anger any longer and I tackled him.

We both fell to the floor, wrestling for dominance. Of course, I was the weaker one, curse Nathaniel and his stupid athleticism.

“Get off!” I yelled when he managed to pin both of my hands over my head and sat on top of my stomach. I swear he was ruining my inners. I squirmed in my spot trying to shove him off my body.

“No!” He yelled in my face, close enough that I could feel his spit flying across myself.

“Say it don’t spray it, garlic breath.” I said nearly gagged by the stench of his mouth.

He checked his breath and mumbled incoherent words to himself, “Whatever, you know you don’t want me to get up. You secretly like me, I just know it.” He said confidently.

“That is where you are terribly wrong, I actually despise you. The feel of your skin is like poison.” I retorted.

“Poison… or electricity?” He smirked.

“Yes, electricity, it feels like your touch is a trillion white hot electric shocks begging for me to pull away.” I spat back. He rolled his eyes as a response and it made me so angry I would have kicked him where the sun doesn’t shine if I were in the position to do so.

He was about to respond right when his parents, Camilla Daisy and David, walked in.

“I told you! They’re rabid towards each other. The public can’t see this, they need to be in private and deal their problems out!” Camilla Daisy exclaimed. Her husband rolled his eyes in response and I noticed that is a quality Nathaniel and him shared.

“In private? It’s not what it seems, we’re civil, we're just playing a game, right Nathaniel?” I answered hurriedly. What have they planned this time? I’m sick of these unexpected visits from parents. They brought me nothing but problems.

Nathaniel grinned at me then switched his position so he laid on top of me with his face dangerously close to mine purposely breathing his rancid breath in my face. “Yup, just a game, Mum and Dad.” I scowled and tried to keep my breakfast down. When I couldn't handle it, I kneed him  in the groin now that he was in a new compromising position. He keeled over and I jumped to my feet to straighten myself out.

 “It’s okay, Camellia informed me on your relationship’s problems. Apparently, you two can’t get along to save your lives.” He said and smiled in manner that would make one think he was daydreaming. I stared at his strangely.

“And…?” I asked, wondering the importance of this meeting now.

 “Well I have great news!” Mrs. van der Windsor exclaimed then paused. I cocked an eyebrow from impatience. Nathaniel rolled his eyes at me and I promptly stomped on his foot with all my might. He didn’t flinch but I could tell it hurt by how he bit his lip. This time I rolled my eyes.

“Well, you two haven’t been getting along and have managed to destroy many expensive things in the house,” she scolded, “so David and I decided the best way to resolve your differences is to go away together. We’ve booked a cruise, you leave tomorrow and you’ll be gone for a month together. All expenses are already paid so all you have to do is pack, isn’t that great?”

A month, alone, with Nathaniel, on a boat, in the middle on nowhere?

 Nathaniel and I stood quiet, accessing the information with impassive faces. “You guys look so cute together! This could so be the beginning of a gorgeous little family!” Camilla Daisy cooed. I think I felt my eyes twitch from irritation.

I finally burst out what I itched to say, “Couple? But we hate each other! Were like cats and dogs, black and white, toothpaste and orange juice! We can’t even hold a conversation without arguing!” I screeched. Nathaniel was laughing and to hide it he giggled into my hair, I slapped him away then glared at his ignorant parents.

Nathaniel’s Dad recovered first, “Well I guess you’ll have to work that out, Maybe over your vacation you two will learn new things about each other,” he stared at Nathaniel as he said that, “and learn to love one another, if not as lovers than as friends. For now, you should get packing, your flight leaves at 2 in the morning.”

--------------------------------------------->

8:30 P.M., Rayvine & Nathaniel Shared Bedroom

I have been packing for the past half hour and I was still in a bad mood. I had apologized to Nathaniel’s parents for my uncharacteristic show of disrespect. Now Nathaniel and I are in our room packing crud and such for this vacation, or as I cleverly renamed it; My Trip to Another Hell. Isn’t it catchy?

Suddenly I felt force upon my bum and I jerked upright. I turned around and Nathaniel stood there, smirking.

“You slapped my behind! You stupid, perverted, son of a bit—!” I yelled into his face before he cut me off.

“Stop being a nag, RJ! I didn’t slap your ass, I simply high-fived it. ” Nathaniel responded and wagged his eyebrows.

I jump back startled at his suggestive behavior. I went to slap his shoulder, but he caught my hand and squeezed it gently. “RJ, I know you secretly like me, just admit it all ready.” He said in a low and seductive voice. I ripped my hand from his and grabbed an abandoned bottle of hand sanitizer in an attempt to illuminate any germs Nathaniel might have given me. I scolded at him.

“Nathaniel stop being so cocky. The day I like you is the day hell freezes over.” I spat.

Nathaniel smirked and started walking away to his suitcase. He zipped it up and jumped onto his bed to relax. “Well then if that’s the case then you better get ready for another ice age.”

.-----------------------------------------------.

Please vote and comment because it only takes a moment! Thanks for reading!

Stay Funky Fresh!

Continue Reading