Before You Go [N.H]

By InesAbdallah3

When Lucy meets Niall, she was probably at her lowest ever. So much further down rock bottom. Niall makes it... More

Before You Go - Preface
Chapter One: Saturday - Lucy
1.2 - Saturday - Niall
1.3 - Saturday - Encounter
1.4 - Saturday - Darts
Chapter Two: Christmas - Tree
2.2 - Christmas - Market
2.3 - Christmas - Lights
2.4 - Christmas - Traditions
Chapter Three - Night - Advice
3.2 - Night - Walk
3.4 - Night - Changes
Chapter Four: Everywhere - Park
4.2 - Everywhere - Wales
4.3 - Everywhere - Outside
4.4 - Everywhere - Home
Chapter Five: Balance - Burden
5.2 - Balance - Lightweight
5.3 - Balance - Sharp
5.4 - Balance - Soft
Chapter Six: Celebration - Promotion
6.2 - Celebration - Valentine
6.3 - Celebration - Homeowner
6.4 - Celebration - Football
Chapter Seven: Roommates - Temporary
7.2 - Roommates - Bonding
7.3 - Roommates - Dinner
7.4 - Roommates - Secrets
Chapter Eight: Fall - Apart
8.2 - Fall - Back
8.3 - Fall - Down
8.4 - Fall - Again
Chapter Nine: Roadtrip - Cemetery
9.2 - Roadtrip - Paris
9.3 - Roadtrip - Greece
9.4 - Roadtrip - Ireland
Chapter Ten: Stay - Up All Night
10.2 - Stay - Surrounded
10.3 - Stay - Home
10.4 - Stay - Strong
Epilogue

3.3 - Night - Dinner

2.4K 78 20
By InesAbdallah3

Lucy's POV

'Seriously?? What are you so nervous about!! It'll be great!' Ro says after I've been bossing them around the kitchen incessantly for the past hours.

'Aww she's nervous because Niall is coming!!' Jamie coos.

'Shut up! I'm fine! Now where the fuck is Danny with the cake?? He's supposed to be here in 15 minutes!' I shout.

'Yeah! Obviously, YOU'RE FINE!!' Ro laughs.

'Okay. Why don't you go get changed, Niall's gonna be here in an hour and you're still in your PJs and messy hair. Everything is under control here! The hard part is over. Just go get ready. Have a drink while you're at it. And fucking relax! It's just Niall. Everything will be fine!'

'Ugh fine I'm going! Call me if you need anything!'

'We won't need anything! I know this kitchen like the back of my hand. Now go! And wear that outfit I got for you! I mean for once please wear the clothes I get you!'

'I'm wearing the top but I'm not putting the heels on!'

'Why not??' She whines.

'Because! I'm at home, heels fucking suck, and I don't want to be taller than Niall.'

'Alright fine. Just go get ready. Maybe take a quick shower.'

So I do just that, and once I'm ready I feel so much more relaxed. Well, that is until the doorbell rings.

'Oh my god! He's here? He's early! I'm not ready! The turkey is still in the oven! The table isn't even set!'

'Okay, deep breaths!' Jamie orders me and sits me down on the sofa in the sitting room, trying to get me to relax. 'Dinner is not until 8. He's coming here at 7:30. We're gonna hang out in the sitting room, chatting,  having pre-dinner cocktails and appetizers. We talked about this! I mean you're the one who did the detailed schedule down to the minute! And last time I checked, there's no meltdown scheduled for 7:04 PM. So get your shit together because there's nothing to worry about!'

I take a few deep breaths. And then I see Danny with the cake standing in the middle of the sitting room and I just start laughing at myself.

'See! It was just Danny! And he's got the cake!' She cheers.

I stand up and walk up to him, 'You're late.' I say calmly taking the cake from him to put it in the fridge. 'Seriously guys! I leave you in the kitchen for half an hour and you managed to make a mess? Jamie! Dishes! Now! Ro! Can you please, please, put the stuff back to where they were when you finish using them? Thank you!'

'Damn! So glad I missed that party!' Danny jokes.

'Shut up! Go set the coffee table with all the appetizers and the glasses for the drinks. I'm gonna go lie down a little.' I tell him with a smile.

The thing is, I want to impress Niall. I don't want him to think I'm some helpless girl with issues who can't do shit. I don't need rescuing. And if I say that I'm hosting Christmas, then I'm gonna do it. And I'm gonna do it fucking right.

'Hi!' A small and soft voice comes from a male figure standing by my bedroom door.

'Hey, Niall. So sorry didn't hear the doorbell.' I say rushing to get up.

'I knocked. It's okay, don't get up. Jamie told me you were laying down, so I wanted to check if you're okay. Didn't know you were taking a nap. Sorry.'

'I wasn't taking a nap.' I chuckle. 'I was just resting a little. Been in the kitchen all day.'

'Yeah, I get it. I'm sure everything is going to be just perfect!'

I walk slowly towards him, well towards the door to go to the sitting but. But he starts walking towards me. Meeting halfway, his arms wrap around me like magnets, pulling me into his chest.

'Is it too weird to say that I missed you?' He whispers, probably hoping I won't hear him.

I pull my head off of him but staying in his arms. I look up at him and into his eyes, smiling softly.

'I miss you too.' I say.

His hand travel up to my cheek, and with a look, silently asking for permission, I nod and he leans in and kisses me. I take a deep breath without breaking the kiss and tighten my grip around his waist. One kiss becomes two and three, then I feel myself walking backwards until there's no room left, I fall on the bed with Niall on top of me. And at that moment... that very precise moment... I... start laughing!

'Bet you didn't have that scheduled for the night!' He chuckles.

'What makes you think I was everything scheduled?' I challenge him.

'I saw the paper sitting on the coffee table. And may I add, the nap isn't scheduled either. You little rebel!' He teases.

'Oh shut up! Now come on, let's go start eating and drinking. You'll love the appetizers!! Don't want them to wonder what's taking us so long in here.'

'I think it's kinda late for that one.'

He laughs subtly pointing at the open door, Jamie's head poking in from the sitting room. I give her the middle fingers, making her laugh. Niall gets off of me after that and then helps me up. We walk back into the sitting room together, and Niall has his arm around me.

'Umm guys, I think you already met but this is Niall. Niall-'

'Yeah, Jamie already did that part.' Niall explains.

I look around making sure everything is just how I want it. I make sure Niall is sitting down and then I start pouring everyone their respective drink.

Throughout the night, small talks go around. They're grilling Niall with all kinds of questions like what he does and what he likes, but he doesn't seem to mind. He happily and honestly replies to all the questions. I love how comfortable he is. I wish it was that easy for me too. Just watching him passionately discuss football with Danny and Ro... Maybe I can do that too... Maybe I could find common topics of interest with his friends and we can be like that? It would make him happy if I go tomorrow.

The night passes smoothly well, sharing food and stories, surrounded by warmth and love. It couldn't have gone better than this. Danny and Ro leave first and I pretty much have to kick Jamie out. I feel bad about it. We always do a sleepover on Christmas Eve. But that's the first time I'm seeing someone during the holidays, and I kinda need my alone time with Niall and she totally understands that. I hope.

'Consider me impressed!' Niall chuckles, pulling me into his arms.

We lay down on the sofa together, I rest my head on his chest while he's playing with my hair.

'Seriously! You're such a great cook! I'm kinda jealous! I've been trying to learn cooking and do all those recipes. But you singlehandedly pulled off a Christmas dinner. I could never do that!'

'Oh, that definitely wasn't singlehandedly! I had Ro and Jamie help me with a lot of stuff.'

'Yeah, but they followed whatever you told them to do. So indirectly it's still you. Anyway, thank you for tonight. I know I say that a lot but you're really amazing.'

'Thank you, Niall. You are too. And I was wondering.'

'Yeah?'

'Is the invitation for tomorrow's dinner still open?'

'Of course!! Did you change your mind? You want to come?'

'I think so yeah. It would be nice to meet your friends. I can't promise that I won't be awkward and shy. And I probably won't socialize as much as you did tonight. But I promise that I will try my best.'

'Thank you so much! You won't regret it. I promise I'll make sure you have a great night!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

537K 12.1K 66
"Completely in awe of you." --------- Amelia Moore is simple in herself, but her mind is complex. It doesn't take much to make her smile and she has...
52.3K 899 62
What happens when One Direction, a boyband simply being paid to make an educational video, decide to take a little vacation with a girl who isn't as...
903K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..
1.3K 34 13
The overly cliche story of a superstar boy meeting a less-than average girl, with a little twist. Niall Horan meets the weirdest, spunkiest yet most...