Secrets

By chocodropss

Most impressive ranking: #68 in cult A new school term had just begun and everyone felt positive vibes. They... More

Author's Note
Prologue
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Epilogue
Author's Note

Two

330 85 55
By chocodropss

Dedicated to my dad. Daddy I love you so much, rest in power daddy. You'll forever be in my heart!

The rest of the day flew by as quickly as it could. I was in my room already, I had already had my bath and dressed up for my siesta. I had already eaten to my satisfaction at the dining hall. I tucked myself in my bed and I tried to sleep.

I kept turning and tossing. Nothing about what was happening made sense. Why would anyone want to kill Kay Kay? What did she do? As far as I knew, she was adored by everyone. She was as friendly as anyone could be, though she was mean sometimes, but she was still human.

I opened my eyes and saw my roommate, Angela looking at me.

"Is there something on my face? Why are you looking at me like that?" I snapped at her.

"Sorry." She quickly said and turned to continue what she was doing. I looked at her as she pressed her tab. She had always looked suspicious, she was almost like an outcast at school. She didn't have any friends, neither did anyone notice her. She was almost invisible, she was quite pretty, but weird. I looked at her for a while and decided to close my eyes again and act like I was sleeping.

My tab suddenly rang, indicating I had a message. And the tone it used was the one specially placed for Derin's app. I opened my eyes in slow motion and looked at the tab for a while before picking it up. I was scared of what I was going to see as a text next. I opened it and saw Derin's message, telling me to meet her at our spot.

I quickly wore a sandals, put my tab under my pillow and left the room. I quickly walked out of the hostel. Our spot was a room that had been abandoned for long by the school. The room was furnished by Kay Kay herself. The room was the last room, on the ground floor. People hardly went there and it gave us the privacy we needed and after her death, it became the most dreaded area in school. I picked up my pace as I ran down the stairs. I finally got to the door and I looked around before entering.

Everything was still in place, Kaykay's pink laptop was sitting comfortably on the table. Alot of our stuff were distributed round the room. The duvet and bed spread were still on the bed. The twins matching slippers were at the foot of the bed, my favorite bar of chocolate was on my personal chair. Derin was sitted in her special corner, working on her laptop. She was typing rapidly.

"Hey Zara. Come and see this." She said, demonstrating with her hand.

I quickly rushed to her side and stood by her. I couldn't understand anything that was showing on her screen. Everything looked like gibberish but I was really curious to know, so I acted like I understood.

"So this is the layout of the app and all. So last week, someone hacked into the app. Someone who's incredibly good by the way. The person opened it frequently since then, probably trying to figure everything out. And guess what?" She said, smiling.

"What? Your smile is really creepy." I said, taking my eyes away from her laptop.

"The person is in this block with us." I was about to reply when the door suddenly burst open, and the twins rushed inside.

"Please tell me you guys got texts too on the app. Tell me, we are being pranked please." Ziora said, closing the door. Derin and I shared knowing looks. Looks that said, we were in for a long ride.

"I know that look. Wow we're really doomed. So we aren't being pranked? Derin it's your app, can you trace who did this?" Zikora, the quiet one asked. She hardly talked in group discussions. Her sister literally did it for her. It was almost like they thought alike and it was weird.

"The only thing I know is the person is in this same block with us, I can't trace the person's address, whoever is threatening us is good at covering their tracks and it looks like they won't stop till we do what they want." Derin said and we all kept quiet for a long while.

I looked around the room and it looked like old times, only we looked more sober than we used to. I stood up from where I was sitting and walked towards the reading table by the side. This was where we did everything. Assignments, projects, gossips,shared secrets, made fun of people, played games and this was still where Derin created the app that is being used to torment us.

"Then we play their game." I suddenly said, looking at them. They all turned to look at me with confusion written all over their faces.

"Are you alright?" Ziora nearly screamed. Her lips looked chapped and I knew she was terribly troubled. The Ziora I knew, always went about with lip gloss. She never ran out of them.

"I am. For you to beat the game master, you have to play the game. They want us to find Kaykay's killer right? Then we do just that but not without finding who is sending these threats to us."

"You're right. We don't know what this person is capable of. We don't even know if it's only one person, or there are more people. We do what they want but we beat them while doing it." Derin added, nodding her head. She was always the calculative one.

"That makes sense, but where do we start from? We can't even trace the address that hacked the app. We're completely lost here." Ziora said and we knew we were at a dead end once again.

I checked the time and saw it was almost time for prep.

"How about we come back here again this night and brainstorm. Siesta time is almost over and the matrons will soon start going from rooms to rooms, checking on people. So let's go back and gather here at lights out.

We all left the room in the order in which we came. I got to my room and saw Angela sleeping. I held her tab very close to her chest and I couldn't help but wonder what she always used it for. She was always busy with it and I couldn't wait to lay my hands on it.

About five minutes after I got back to my room, the bell for prep was rung and we all woke up and went to the general study room. The room was like a big hall that was designed like a library. Each floor had theirs and everyone had their spots. I wore my slippers and went to the room with my tab and a subject notebook.

I always liked sitting down at the far end of the corner. The other girls, Derin, Ziora and Zikora all went to their respective spots. We all shared a look before doing that. The twins sat down with one of their friends, Anita.

Anita was the school's troublemaker and bully. I always had this negative vibe from her and I didn't like it one bit. She tried making conversations with me but I wasn't interested. I opened my tab and began to study everything we learnt today.

I studied ahead and did exercises after each chapter. It was soon time for games, everyone was required to go outside to have the fresh air. I took my tab and went under a tree to sit down. I opened my Wattpad and began to surf for an interesting book to read.

"Can I seat?" A voice asked. I looked up and saw William, Kay Kay's cousin smiling down at me. We never spoke at school but everyone knew he had a thing for me, which was weird because I never even gave him the time of day. He was literally every girl at school's dream.

"Sure. You can." Don't get me wrong, William was a nice guy and even extremely cute but I just didn't want to be invested in relationships. I hate stress of any kind and I feel relationships bring all types of stress.

"So how have you been? It seems like I haven't seen you since forever. You just became very invisible. I've seen the twins around alot, even Derin. But you, no." He said, looking at me like his life depended on it.

"I've just been trying to get over what happened. How have you been coping though? How is Kay's mum doing?" I said, touching his hand.

"She's fine. She really appreciated everything you guys did for her. My family liked the album you all created." He said and I nodded. I didn't know what to say at that moment. "You know you can always talk to me right? I'll be here,even though we aren't close, I'll like to be that shoulder you can cry on."

I chuckled. "I'll reach out to you when I need help. Thank you so much." I said, hugging him. I could feel his heart beating fast.

"I'll like that very much. I'll see you around." I nodded and he left for the field.

"Well, that looked cozy." Someone said, following it with a cough. I turned and saw Anita behind me.

Hey guys, a new chapter is up. Please vote, comment and share. Thank you! Hope you guys like the story so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224 23 14
The small town of DeAthe, Pensylvania is the home to a smaller University, Brunsen and Lee Institute University *BLIU*. The town is on the cusp of th...
144K 7.2K 47
After loosing her whole family to the apocalypse in the blink of an eye, Nao quarantined herself in her house for two months, watching the world arou...
5.1K 1.3K 12
FEATURED in @AmbassadorsNG reading list Kamharida heard the unfortunate news and smirked but when she realizes she's the only one who could see the b...
61.4K 14.8K 66
UNEDITED READ AT YOUR OWN RISK "Listen Nne..." "No you listen to me, I went against my mother's instruction and advice on boys and relationships and...