Far Side

By Missing_Min_MeowMeow

Werewolf AU OT7 x Y/n Waking up in unfamiliar territory would be scary for anyone, but when the previous nigh... More

Chapter One - Meet The Pack
Chapter Two - Have Some Dignity
Chapter Three - A Choice
Chapter Four - Cardiac Arrest
Chapter Five - Tug
Chapter Six - Mint Chocolate Chip
Chapter Seven - Grumpy Ass
Chapter Nine - The Note
Chapter Ten - Nothing- Happened
Chapter Eleven - Don't Fuck Up
Chapter Twelve - Breaking Apart
Chapter Thirteen - "That okay with you, princess?"
Chapter Fourteen - Where's Alpha?
Chapter Fifteen - The Drive
Chapter Sixteen - A Decision
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Eight - No Buts

4.4K 200 14
By Missing_Min_MeowMeow

Now towering directly in front of your body he leaned down causing you to move back, leaning forward more and more until you were practically laying down and he was using his hand on the mattress to support himself so he doesn't fall on top of your body. 

After what seems like hours of his intense eye contact he breaks out in the brightest sunshine smile, chuckling and using his free hand to cup your cheek. 

Thumb caressing over your skin by your temple and cheekbone just to set you at ease since every muscle in your body set itself rigid.

"I'm not going to bite, unless you ask me to. But first I would prefer if you would try those on before it gets too late, hm?~" 

And with that he straightened his posture and walked to the door, turning the knob while glancing over his shoulder to find you still laying on the bed staring at the ceiling wide-eyed in the same position he had left you in.

"Y/N?"

"H-Huh?" 

Shaking your head, he managed to break your trance with his voice, quickly glancing over to see his back right as he walked out of the room while he spoke.

"The dresses, Y/N?" He reminded you, since your spacing out expression was giving away your wandering mind.

Shutting the door behind him, he left you alone finally. Your lips silently mouthing an 'oh' before you whispered to no one but yourself. 

"R-Right— The clothes..."

Patting your cheeks to bring yourself back to reality, you sat up and reached for the bags that remained resting on the floor.

Tugging the hoodie off while minding your bruises, setting it aside before randomly opening the first bag you pull out whatever was on top without really paying much attention to what you're grabbing.

Eyes nearly bugged out of your cranium when you seen it was designer though. 

Practically choking on your own saliva you went to dig more, everything you pulled out was designer and all from different brands. The more you pulled out the more the price tags screamed at you for being poor.

"They have got to be kidding me? Do they have any idea how much these cost? This is like a miniature fortune right here what the hell?" 

Feeling somewhat nervous since you have never owned anything of the sort, let alone even touched it since your salary from your retail job at the mall didn't pay enough for such luxury items, you were almost too afraid to try anything on.

' What if I accidentally rip something, then they can't exchange it.. oh god... nope.. I can't do this... '

While you sat there having a midlife crisis, from outside the door Hobi's reassuring voice broke out, making you nearly flinch.

"How's it going in there baby girl? Everything fit?"

"I d-don't know.."

"What do you mean you don't know? Do I need to come in and help you?"

"N-No! ..uh, no that's okay. I haven't tried anything yet. I'm too scared."

"Scared of what? No one is going to walk in without your permission."

"That's not what I'm scared of." Your voice lowered, nearly cracking from feeling so insignificant. 

You never felt so broke before and just looking at these dresses, they called you broke in every language possible to your face.

"Then what?"

When you didn't respond, he called again, this time sounding more worried.

"Y/N, what's wrong?"

"I can't possibly accept these.. They're way too much."

His laughter rang out, making your brows clash together as you looked in his direction behind the door. What was so funny? You were being serious!

"Is that what's wrong? Because they're designer?"

"Yes! What if I mess a zipper up or something! No, I can't do this. Y-You guys should get your fortune back you paid for these and get me something cheap."

He made sure the scoff was heard in his tone when he replied, making you hug yourself in defeat.

"Are you kidding me? We can't possibly have our girl walking around in rags. Now please, Y/N, I'm begging you. Just try them on before I come in there and put them on you myself and turn you into a living barbie."

"But — "

"No buts. Now , Y/N."

Sighing, your arms dropped and picked back up the first dress you had previously touched. 

It was a simple black sundress, strings for sleeves that would tie on your shoulders. Very dainty yet subtle.

Slipping it over your head you allowed the flowy material to fall on it's own down your torso, sitting there looking down at the garment draped around your body afterwards for probably far too long.

It was a perfect fit.

They must have looked at the sizing on the clothes you wore to the party when they saved you and had to undress you to treat your wounds. 

Remembering that night, your eyes started to tear up regardless of how hard you fought to keep them at bay, hugging yourself again but unfortunately this time it was to keep you from falling apart.

Your boyfriend's smiling face from that night flashed in your memory, his handsome features highlighted by his tux. He was so proud of his sister, and now, he'll never get to see her again.

Your heart crumbled as did your strength, that was all it took for you to unravel apart, not that you were really holding together to being with. Tears dropped onto the skirt of the dress as you stared down at your knees wanting nothing more than to disappear.

"Y/N? Everything okay? It sounds like you're crying?"

This time when you didn't speak, he cracked open the door urgently. "I'm coming in, okay?"

No response. 

You couldn't form words, the cries stuck in your throat stealing your oxygen as you shook with emotional pain. Everything bottled up you thought you could suppress was spilling over you, darkening your world rapidly.

It only took a second of his eyes finding you in that state before he was across the room and hugging you tight. 

His strong arms squeezing you, and for once you leaned into the embrace, clinging to him, needing his arms to hold you together since you no longer could do it on your own.

"Baby what's wrong?" 

Brushing hair from your face that had started to cling to your wet cheeks, he tried to get a good look at you. Searching for any indication on why you were sobbing so violently. 

"He's... h-he's gone and I couldn't do anything."

Hobi's eyes softened when he finally understood, bringing you back into his chest as a hand cupped the back of your head letting you cry into his body and muffle your voice so no-one in the house could hear you; letting you have privacy while you broke down. 

"I'm sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through with losing a mate in front of your eyes, but I do know what it feels like to see someone you love, having their life ended too soon."

Your sobs softened, trying to listen to his story. You didn't want to lift your head and let him see you in this state but your fingers curled around his shirt, indicating you wanted him to continue. 

He paused, waiting to see if you were going to say anything, then sighed and rested his chin on the crown of your head. His voice softly rumbling against your ear now that his throat was resting against you.

"Namjoon might kill me for saying this, but it might help you understand where we are coming from. You know I use to have a sister. Actually we all use to have families — Families and friends." 

Hobi's voice seemed strained as he continues to speak. It must have been a tough subject for him to talk about. 

"About 40 years ago, we all lived spaced out on Namjoon's territory. We were many, and we all knew each other, loved one another since everyone in the pack is family as you know. Every weekend, every member of our pack would even meet up for something like a party so you could say we literally grew up knowing each and every face. Close as ever. As it should be in a family."

He started to run circles on your back with his nails now that you had stopped shaking, too intent on his words. Your quiet sniffles being the only thing in between his words of the room. 

"Leader and my sister were even beginning to become a thing. We all knew that one day they were bound to mark each other and a wedding would follow."

"You mean, Namjoon and your sister?"

"Yehhh," he sighed heavily at the thought, making your head lightly move up with his chest as he done so.

"But fate had other plans. While the six of us were gone across the border for a meeting with another pack we have an alliance with, our land was attacked. Guk-ah, he was too young at the time to follow us, his training was incomplete so he stayed behind to help our stronger members guard the territory."

"That kid — " He softly gave a pained laugh remembering that night. "He's stubborn and too impatient, got himself tore up bad. We were all scared he wasn't going to make it. Don't let him know that though, we don't want him knowing the truth. They were savage, crazy strong almost unlike any werewolves we've ever encountered. They managed to wipe out almost everyone. The sick bastards even.."

He stopped and growled, his hold on you tightening almost to an uncomfortable grip. As if he was trying to protect you from the invisible threat inside of his memory.

You squirmed and wrapped your arms back around his torso trying to serve as some type of comfort; it was your turn to try and provide mental support for him now.

When his body started to finally relax, he swallowed hard and pushed the words out between clenched teeth. Fingers squeezing your shirt with anger since he needed something to grip and keep himself grounded. 

"We caught word while we were in the middle of our meeting. Thankfully Alpha Shownu sent some of his pack with us as backup when we left. Unfortunately when we got back the sick fucks left only a handful of women alive for — For their — "

He couldn't finish. 

You knew what he meant and it made your stomach twist. You wanted to cry again, but this time for him. For his family and friends, for those women who were used and degraded.

"Anyways, my sister's life was spared, but at what cost? For them to.. grrrr! We arrived and they ambushed us. It's almost like they knew we were coming. One of them even used my sister's body as a shield when we got there. As if using her already couldn't get any more disgusting of a low blow in morals."

You could physically see his body trembling as he forced the words out.

"Joon — He... when he went to jump the guy, he jerked her frail body in front of himself and let her endure the attack. Alpha went for the throat and it was too late while he was in midair to change his course. Leader literally took the life of his love and my sister while I witnessed it."

Hoseok pushed his face into your hair as he tried to hold back the tears, taking a moment to pause and steady his voice.

"Leader broke down right there. It was like something cracked inside of him. I had to save him as he literally gave up fighting when the enemy took that chance to pounce on him while he mourned. He stupidly morphed back into his human form to hold her lifeless body but I can't blame him, if I hadn't been overtaken with rage I most likely would have done the same. In the end we managed to kill most of them, the others fleeing like the cowards they are. Alpha Shownu's group taking out the last that lingered on our property. We found Jungkook laying beside his mother and brother, nearly gone. They left him to die a slow and painful death. He was the only one we were able to save, those who survived the attack were just too weak to overcome their injuries. They killed children, women, everyone and everything we worked to build."

You pulled back to look at him, unable to stop the tears again. His own tears staining his face as he looked away not wanting to make eye contact, not wanting you to see him weak. 

"Those rogues that attacked you, the same ones we've been hunting for years and dwindling them down in numbers — Were the same who took our happiness. That's why Leader took pity on you. That's why — " 

This time he looked at you, those glossy red eyes bore into your soul as you gazed at one another.

"That's why he decided to let you live in hopes of you choosing one of us. So we can slowly start to build our pack once again. To build our family with pups to carry on. You're the first female he's allowed on our land since then. He's been so scared of it happening again that even when females from other packs try and approach us he turns them away."

Hobi cupped your face, using his thumbs to brush away what's left of your tears before placing a kiss on your forehead.

Your body froze. Did he say pups? As in, babies? You haven't even thought of that let alone giving any serious thought of choosing one of them. You were starting to slightly panic. 

Your heart bled for Namjoon. It started making sense on why he has been so standoff to you.

"I'm sorry to drop all of this on you, but at least now you know. Um — In that one bag you'll find some panties and couple sets of bras, hopefully they'll fit."

Blinking, you remembered why the two of you were in his room. The weight in the air making it so hard to breathe as your eyes dropped down to look at the bags on the floor with his subject change. 

Your mouth parted to say something when there was a knock at the door, causing you both to snap your attention in the direction of the sound.  

Quickly Hoseok wiped away his tears and pulled away from you, standing and putting space between you as though scared of being caught. 

"Yeah," he croaked, weak voice giving him away that he has been crying. 

Your hated to see Hoseok in pain, especially seeing him in this new light of such vulnerability. It was a lot to take in.  

Everything you were just told swirling in your head, that too, was a lot to take in. It all made your heart, and your head hurt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 282 43
~Completed 7-15-17~ //Under Revision (7-6-21)// I couldn't even begin to recall all the times and places I had heard the phrase; he was different. An...
21.8K 739 41
"Humans. You always have to go sticking your nose where it just doesn't belong. There are repercussions but you silly mortals think everything revolv...
839K 18.9K 29
What happens when enemies become mates? Cassie Dawson a sarcastic teenage werewolf with the alpha blood running through her veins. A menace to societ...
234K 16.4K 47
[ᴀ ᴛᴀᴇᴋᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ] The Hunting Season has begun again. It's an event that goes back hundreds of years, made up by wolf law. Everyone who decide...