My Boyfriend is a Freak (Publ...

By missflimsy

Kung sa "My Boss is a Freak" ay napatunayan niyong posibleng magkaroon ng isang unbelievably handsome, smart... More

My Boyfriend is a Freak
1: Mira
2: Vren
3: Mira
4: Vren
5: Mira
6: Vren
7: Mira
8: Vren
9: Mira
10: Vren
11: Mira
12: Vren
13: Mira
14: Vren
15: Mira
16: Vren
17: Mira
18: Vren
19: Mira
20: Vren
21: Mira
22: Vren
23: Mira
24: Vren
25: Mira
26: Vren
27: Mira
28: Vren
29: Mira
30: Vren
31: Mira
32: Vren
33: Mira
34: Vren
35: Mira
36: Vren
37: Mira
38: Vren
39: Mira
40: Vren
41: Mira
42: Vren
43: Mira
44: Vren
45: Mira
46: Vren
47: Mira
48: Vren
49: Mira
51: Mira
52: Vren
53: Mira
54: Vren
55: Mira
56: Vren
57: Mira
58: Vren
59: Mira
60: Vren
61: Mira
62: Vren
63: Mira
64: Vren
65: Mira
66: Vren
67: Mira
68: Vren
69: Mira
70: Vren
71: Mira
72: Vren
73: Mira
74: Vren
75: Mira
Finalé: Vren
Finalé: Mira
The Montevillas' First Christmas: A Special Chapter
Author's Note
MBIAF 2 is Now Published under Pop Fiction!

50: Vren

107K 1.6K 144
By missflimsy

Not that it's any of my business, but I'm willing to bet any amount of money — Bella was the reason why Stupid Chase was here in AMMC.

The moment Mira and I ran into him, I felt an unmistakable itch to punch that idiot right on the face. I still hadn't forgiven him for daring to send Mira some flowers, despite knowing full well that she's in a relationship.

Kung hindi ba naman nananadya ang gago.

And of course, it didn't help that for a reason still unknown to me, he's also acquainted with Bella. It somehow created the illusion that my world just got a whole lot smaller, and it's suffocating. Everywhere I go, it seemed that Stupid Chase was there, too.

I wanted to blast the guy into pieces. As a matter of fact, if it weren't for Mira having managed to calm me down, I would've already rearranged his facial features with a well-aimed jab.

'Wag lang akong subukang muli ng lalaking 'yon, dahil baka hindi na talaga ako makapagpigil.

****

Bella was fast asleep when Mira and I entered her room. The first thing I noticed was how quickly she was losing weight. Her face was a lot slimmer, compared to how it was the last time I visited her. And although I'd never dare to say it out loud, it was apparent that cancer was mercilessly draining the life out of her.

I had a difficult time thinking of the listless figure lying in this hospital bed as the same woman who I used to be head over heels in love with. Ghostly pale face, thinning hair, frail body — leukemia was clearly out to steal Isabella Lira dela Merced's angelic beauty.

I sighed. Seeing Bella like this, it's hard to believe she could still be saved by anything short of a miracle. It's sad, because setting aside the fact that she's been an unfaithful girlfriend to me, she's still a good person overall. She certainly didn't deserve this kind of fate.

Sometimes, life can be so cruel and unfair.

Mabuti na nga lang at nakauwi na rito ang mga magulang niya, kaya hindi na rin ako masyadong mag-aalala para kay Bella. I knew Vince and his staff were doing their best to take care of her, and for that I'm thankful, but they could only do so much. Hindi lang naman kasi ang ex ko ang pasyente rito sa ospital na kailangan nilang intindihin, kaya iba pa rin talaga na may nakatutok sa pag-aalaga at pag-aasikaso sa kanya. And seeing how Bella's their only child, Tita Ivana and Tito Arkin would surely want to do it themselves.

When Bella had finally awaken, I told her about my epic birthday party, in the hopes of bringing some positivity into her day. At mukha namang nag-enjoy nga siya sa kwentuhan — her constant laughter and smiles were enough evidence. Sa tingin ko ay nakadagdag pa sa tuwa niya na kahit si Mira ay nakisali na rin sa usapan. Bella was worried that her reappearance in my life would cause trouble between me and my girlfriend, and while it did for a short time, the hatchet was clearly buried by now. And it felt good on my part to see these two important women in my life finally getting along.

When I mentioned my sister's name during our birthday party talk, Bella got a bit wistful. "Oh, I miss Ate Vira. I wish she'd visit me."

"Don't worry," I told her. "I'll remind her to drop by. She's been meaning to, actually."

"Baka isama niya pa sina Miggie at Juli," sabi naman ni Mira. "Makikilala mo na ang mga pamangkin ni Vren."

"I can't wait to meet them. I'm sure they're both lovely little angels," Bella remarked with a small smile. Then she got this strange, faraway look in her eyes.

"Are you okay, Bella?" I asked in concern. "Is something bothering you? Are you in pain?"

"N-no. I'm fine," she said, coming back to her senses. "May naalala lang ako."

Nagkatinginan kami ni Mira. Alam kong kahit siya, nagtataka sa mga ikinikilos ni Bella. Earlier, my ex-girlfriend had panicked over a bouquet of flowers, demanding her mother to get it away from her at once. I still hadn't made sense of that.

"Uhm... mahilig ka rin ba sa mga bata, Bella?" I had to give it to Mira — she's excellent at steering the conversation back on track.

"Of course." Bella smiled. "They're the best. I feel giddy every time I see a chubby little kid."

"Ako rin!" My girlfriend giggled. "Tuwing makakakita ako ng cute na bata, parang gusto kong iuwi para gawing keychain."

"You should've seen —" Bella stopped mid-sentence and pursed her lips, tearing her gaze off Mira.

"Seen whom?" tanong ni Mira sa kanya. "Okay ka lang ba talaga, Bella? Gusto mo bang tumawag kami ng doktor?"

Bella took a deep breath before answering. "No, thanks. I'm fine, Mira — really. But Andrei, can you do me a favor and check on Mom? I wonder what's taking her so long to return." Earlier, Tita Ivana excused herself and got out of her daughter's hospital room.

"Sure. I'll be right back, ladies." I started to rise from my seat, but not before exchanging another befuddled look with my girlfriend. Mira and I were like a couple of curious cats, tiptoeing around the eccentricity that was Bella.

Maybe it's not uncommon for a terminally ill person to act out of the ordinary? Of course, I could only speculate.

****

"Bella's been acting weird, hasn't she?" I asked Mira once we're inside my car, on the way home from AMMC. "I wonder what's up with her."

"May sakit 'yong tao, Vren. Hindi na rin nakapagtataka na parang wala siya sa sarili niya," my girlfriend replied.

"Maybe. I bet Vince could further explain the change in Bella's behavior." I took a right turn. "He's good with this stuff. It's a side effect of this medication, blah blah blah..."

Mira laughed at my poor attempt to imitate my brother. "Ikaw, Vren, bakit hindi ka nagdoktor?"

"You have no idea how mad it made our dad when he learned about Vince's plan to take a non-business course." It was my turn to snicker. "He almost strangled my brother."

"Yikes. Ang scary naman ng tatay niyo," Mira commented. "Tama talaga ang first impression ko kay Sir Armand. He's not someone you want to cross."

"That sounds about right. But Dad has a gentle side too, you know?"

"Parang ikaw lang. Suplado pero may kabaitan din naman. Walang duda, mag-ama nga kayo."

"Right." I grinned. "You should see Dad around Juli and Miggie — he's like a different person altogether. He has a soft spot for his grandchildren."

"Apo lang pala ang katapat ni Sir Armand," Mira said with a chuckle.

"Exactly. So, if you want to be on his good side, we better start giving him grandkids as well."

"Hoy!" Mira glared at me, scandalized, and I suppressed the urge to laugh. "Tigilan mo nga ako, Vren Andrei!"

"Oh, come on. You and I both know that's bound to happen in the future." I winked at her before focusing on the road again. "Why not do it sooner, then? Why not do it, say, right here in this car?"

"Bastos! Magmaneho ka na nga riyan!" She swatted my arm, making me laugh for real this time.

"Why so serious?" I asked in between chuckles. "Maswerte ka nga, Ms. Custodio. A lot of women would kill just to spend a night with Vren Andrei Montevilla."

"Napakahangin mo talaga." She rolled her eyes. "Ibahin mo ako, okay? Hindi ako tulad ng ibang mga babaeng nagkakandarapa sa'yo. Kaya magpaalam ka muna kina Monica at Theodore Custodio bago mo ako akitin nang ganyan."

"Pero naaakit ka naman?" biro ko.

"Hmm... slight." Mira giggled at her confession. "Pero 'wag ka — malakas ang self-control ko! Isa 'yan sa mga natutunan ko sa Girl Scouts, along with purity and self-respect. A Girl Scout is clean in thought, word, and deed."

"I hate Girl Scouts," I muttered.

Tumawa naman siya. "Well, sorry ka na lang, Mr. Montevilla. I want a ring before a baby. And it would take more than your manly charms to make me change my mind."

"And I love you more for that," I replied, having decided to do away with the teasing. "I'm lucky to have found you — a woman who knows what she wants, and is willing to stand up for it. That, along with your other values, is admirable."

"Aww." I saw her smile through the rearview mirror. "Kaya nga ingatan mo ako. Kaunti na lang ang katulad kong natitira sa mundo."

"You're wrong." I gave her a loving stare, thankful for the red light because I had the chance to look at Mira, eye-to-eye. "Wala nang katulad mo sa mundo. There's only one Mirathea Custodio, and I'm vowing to keep her for a lifetime."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 59.5K 33
Jerome Hernandez is currently the hottest NBA player. He became an overnight sensation because of his hypnotizing basketball skill, handsome look, in...
234 80 36
What is the sentiment of life?
498 107 4
WELCOME TO KINGDOM OF ZARIYA!! Ps. Soon I'll give the short story description at ang series na ito ay mayroong 3-5 books. Stay tuned ❣️ Keepsafe to e...
7.4M 202K 42
Rogue Saavedra, the arrogant city's young billionaire, becomes stranded on an unknown island. There he meets an illiterate jungle woman, Jane, who is...