Corpse Groom 🦋 (Corpse Bride...

By LyndaDover

(Male Emily) Charlotte Van Dort is getting married to Son of Everglot (Victor) but when she messed up the wed... More

Announcement
Characters
Introduction
Chapter 1 According To Plan
Chapter 2 Beautiful Music
Chapter 3 Unexpected Things
Chapter 4 Remains Of Day
Chapter 6 Wedding Couple
Chapter 7 Elder Gutknecht
Chapter 8 Moonlight Dancing
Chapter 9 Loving Moment
Chapter 10 Confession
Chapter 11 Brothers Reunion
Chapter 12 Hopscotch
Chapter 13 Victor's Escape
Chapter 14 Someone You Loved
Chapter 15 Lady Barkis
Chapter 16 Get It Right
Chapter 17 New Arrival
Chapter 18 Marriage Is Just A Piece Of Paper
Chapter 19 Victor's & Lady Barkis Wedding
Chapter 20 Charlotte's Choice
Chapter 21 The Wedding
Chapter 22 The Dead Walk The Earth
Chapter 23 Emmanuel's Second Thoughts
Chapter 24 The Victim And The Murderous Reunited
Chapter 25 The Duel
Chapter 26 Victor's Sacrifice and Lady Barkis Price
Chapter 27 One Last Chance
Chapter 28 Happy Ending
New Books Information
Soundtracks Playlist
Corpse Groom Characters

Chapter 5 Misunderstanding

2.1K 54 2
By LyndaDover

Song Theme: Midnight Syndicate- The Watcher

3rd POV.
After Charlotte disappeared, the corpse groom realized she's gone, and he started looking for her. “Charlotte darling, where are you?” He called worriedly, searching for her. “If you ask me, your girlfriend is kinda jumpy.” His maggot said in judgmentally. “She's not my girlfriend, she's my wife.” The corpse groom replied warmly smile, wiggling his hand again to see the ring. “Charlotte, where have you gone?” He tried again, clearly. “I'll keep an eye out for her.” The maggot joked wickedly after the corpse groom's right eye pop out. “Charlotte” The boy kept repeating your name lightly. Charlotte peak to see where the groom is, she sees he's still yelling her name, looking for her, and she left her hiding spot to find another one. “I need to get out of here before he finds me.” Charlotte's thought. “There she goes, there she goes. She's…she's getting away! Quick, quick, after her!” The maggot alert. “Charlotte!” The corpse groom tried to catch her attention after he shoved his eyes back into its socket. She ran past the two hand shoppe in a panic, and realized he was still chasing her. The hands pointed to where Charlotte ran. “Thank you.” The corpse groom said and ran after Charlotte. She ran into an alley with lots of caskets. “Charlotte” He yelled again. She hid into a casket and pretended to be dead as the corpse groom past her while calling her name. “Charlotte? Where have you gone?” He exclaimed. After he past Charlotte, she looked both directions to make sure it's clear. “Married, huh? I'm a widow.” A spider said appeared in front of Charlotte as she looked at the spider and gasp. “Oh excuse me.” Charlotte said as she ran to different directions. “Oh, How polite she is! She went that way!” The spider yelled for the corpse groom, and he turned around to catch up with Charlotte. “Charlotte darling?” He called her name again as she bumped into someone. “Please sir, this is some misunderstanding, I'm not dead.” She said in timidly, but she screamed as the zombie's head fell off. She ran in another direction until she bumped into the gentleman. “Excuse me, excuse me.” The gentleman said calmly, trying to let Charlotte passed. “Excuse me. Thank you.” The gentleman said after he split in literal half and let her past. “This has to be a dream.” She wept, terrified as she is still running through the dark alley until she stops in front of the wall. “Oh, no dead end.” She shook with nerves as her name got called again. “I guess I have no choice.” Charlotte said as she started climbing on the wall desperately. She finally made it to the top and about to reach her hands to the iron bar but accidentally grabbed someone's foot, and she saw who it is with a shock look. “Oh, Charlotte my love, you could've just used the stairs, silly!” The corpse groom chuckled softly as he helped her up, and he's still holding her hand, squeezing it happily. “Isn't the view beautiful? It takes my breath away. Well, it would if I had any.” He joked, casually walking towards the wooden bench after he let go of her hand. She still stood there in shock, with her mind went blank and her heart thumping. “Isn't it romantic?” He hummed passionately as he's going to the wooden bench to sit down, but he saw her scared form. “My dearest Charlotte, whatever is the matter?” He asked anxiously as he came closer to her and took both of her hands in his. “I… I don't know what to expect, everything just so fast, and now we're…married?” She said in confusion tone. “There's nothing wrong to be married that fast, especially when there's love at first sight.” He said in cheerful mood. “It's not like everyday you ended married to someone who is dead and barely know each other.” She said, still confused. “Well, I guess for someone who's still in the world of the living it's a tad strange to see the dead walking around.” He said smiling pleasantly and somehow for odd reasons that she finally calmed down slightly.

Emmanuel's POV.
Then I move her to the wooden bench to sit down with me as she looks at me. “Look, I'm sorry about what happened to you, but I'm really need to get back home.” She sadly explained. “But this is your home now, my dear.” I said. “But I don't even know your name.” She confessed. “Wow, that's a great way to start a marriage.” The maggot exclaimed. “Shut up!” I quietly exclaimed before looking back at her. “It's Emmanuel!” I said happily as I looked at her pendant seems so familiar, it reminds me when I gave someone I know long time ago when I was alive till I came back to reality remembering something I need to give to Charlotte. “Oh, I almost forgot I have something for you, my love. It's a wedding present.” I exclaimed after I handed her the box. She slightly shake the box and open the box to find it full of bones. “Oh, how…lovely. Thank you so much.” She faked a smile as she put the bone back in the box, and closed it. The box started to shake and fell off to the floor with all the bones scattered everywhere on the floor until it started to form. It became a dog with no flesh, just bones, then it picked up the collar tag handed to Charlotte as she read the name tag. “Scraps?” She asked with a smile and Scraps bark respond. “Scraps! My dog scraps!” She said happily after scraps jumped into her lap. “AAAW, Scraps, what a good boy.” She laughed and petted her childhood pet. “I knew you would be happy to see him.” I said with a smile.

Charlotte's POV.
I'm so happy to see my childhood dog scraps again with so many good memories. “Who's my good boy?” I asked and he responded with a bark. “Sit. Sit, Scraps, sit. Good boy Scraps.” I ordered he sits. “Roll over, roll over. That's a good boy, Scraps.” I ordered again with my hand twirling around, and he rolled over. “Good boy, Scraps.” I said after he finished rolled over. “Play dead.” I ordered he ended up whined little and I forgot he is dead. “Sorry Scraps.” I apologize, Emanuel giggled after scraps jumped into my lap. “Oh, what a cutie.” Emanuel said petting Scraps.

You should have seen him with fur. Mother never approved of Scraps jumping, liking this. But then again, she never approved of anything.” I said holding on scraps. “Do you think she would have approved of me?” Emanuel asked. “You're lucky you'll never have to meet her.” I replied and sighed, remembering what my parents wants. “Listen Emanuel, you're really nice person, but I can't marry you.” I said in regretful made him shock. “But, my love, we are married.” He responded, placing his hand on mine. “We are, but it's…misunderstanding.” I admitted looking down, couldn't look at him. “What are you saying?” He asked in a hurtful tone. “I'm saying is, I have a fiancé from the living, and we're getting tomorrow.” I respond softly. “What?” He asked in a darker tone. “It's arranged marriage from mine and his parents, I never met him until today at the rehearsal and I ended to screw up the wedding vows so that's why I went to the forest to practice the wedding vow. Yes, those vows I said to you in the forest… I was practicing them for the wedding tomorrow.” I explained with tears coming down in my eyes. “No, that can't be true.” He disbelieved, ripped a piece of his suit and handed it to me. “I'm so sorry, I really am.” I apologized guilty wishing for a miracle. “No! I've waited many years for this moment to be here and to be with someone I love. I know we just met and fast, but ever since you said those sweet vows I fell unconditionally and irrevocably in love with you. It was never misunderstanding to me, Charlotte, you're my miracle and everything to me. I know it'll take some time for you to learn to love me.” He insisted wildly stood up abruptly. “Emanuel, I don't have a choice…” I said but cut off from him. “I'm sorry Charlotte, but I'm not going to let someone who can still breath take you away from me. You're my wife, and I'm your husband now, just please accept it and learn to love me.” He argued selfishly, cupping my cheeks and staring at his eyes turn to sadness. “Emanuel, if I don't marry to Lord Everglot tomorrow, then I disappointment my family, and it would be my fault.” I told him tearful. “It's not my concern what your parents say. And now it's not yours either.” He said made my eyes wide open with sparked and shock from his words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

683 17 12
In my AU, since the werewolf boy Victor he has been counting on to confirm a marriage to his fiancee Victoria. But he still forgot to take the ring f...
79.3K 1.8K 22
charlotte adams is a ghost. after her sudden and tragic death in 1995, she finds herself back on sunset boulevard, 25 years later, right where she l...
759 1 6
Victor Van Dort and Victoria Everglot have been happily married for a whole year and now, the two of them are about to start a new chapter in their l...
275K 7K 24
Sara Overstreet wanted nothing more than Hayden's Love, but in high school nothing every turns out the way you want it to. What happens when they com...