Far Side

By Missing_Min_MeowMeow

Werewolf AU OT7 x Y/n Waking up in unfamiliar territory would be scary for anyone, but when the previous nigh... More

Chapter One - Meet The Pack
Chapter Two - Have Some Dignity
Chapter Four - Cardiac Arrest
Chapter Five - Tug
Chapter Six - Mint Chocolate Chip
Chapter Seven - Grumpy Ass
Chapter Eight - No Buts
Chapter Nine - The Note
Chapter Ten - Nothing- Happened
Chapter Eleven - Don't Fuck Up
Chapter Twelve - Breaking Apart
Chapter Thirteen - "That okay with you, princess?"
Chapter Fourteen - Where's Alpha?
Chapter Fifteen - The Drive
Chapter Sixteen - A Decision
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Three - A Choice

5.3K 222 27
By Missing_Min_MeowMeow

"Yah! Let me go you're going to make my hair smell like your pit!"

Placing his hands upon Jungkook's hipbone, Jimin tries to pry his body away from the iron grip. Grunting and nearly lifting his feet off the hardwood floor during the sheer force he used to try and separate their bodies.

Unfortunately his efforts were in vain, and Kook's death-lock of a forearm accidentally wound tighter nearly squeezing the air from his passage ways during the struggle.

Laughing at his embarrassment, Jeon proudly strolled around the room now practically dragging the blonde with him locked under that strong arm. Happily putting Jimin's teasing humiliation on display with the brightest bunny grin he could muster.

Those glistening brown eyes catching the light as he passed by the bed making his whole face light up. Somehow, his playful demeanor tugged at your heart unknowingly.

Jeon Jungkook, a force to be reckoned with.

Laughing to himself, and ignoring the whining Park Jimin, he stops at the bedside way too overjoyed; making sure you catch the blonde's awkwardness while they stand there.

"Man, have you even showered today after training?!" Jimin shuddered.

"Nope! Not yet haha!"

The brunette starts to laugh even harder when Jimin begins protesting, throwing out a slur of jumbled profanity that really can't even be considered profanity coming from his angelic lips.

Which is exactly why it was so funny to the Maknae because it sounded like a complete mess.

An adorable mess.

Trying to ignore the brotherly tussle, and looking away from Tae's naked body while he thankfully re-dressed, you worked hard to piece everything together in your pounding head.

"So last night- What attacked us-" Directing your question to Namjoon who still had his back to the room, you glanced in his direction regardless.

Finishing your inquiry to the back of his head, and speaking to a shadowed silhouette illuminated by the setting sun.

"Were werewolves?"

"Correct."

He gave you nothing else to go on. A direct reply, and an even more directly implied tone.

"A-Are.. are they a part of your pack or whatever?"

"No!"

His sudden outburst caused everyone to freeze as he swung around instantaneously, combing fingers through his hair obviously past the point of being severely stressed. Forehead creased like he was wracking his brain for solutions to his current conundrum.

"Sorry. No," he started off again this time making sure his voice was softer and more controlled.

"They are not mine and never have been a part of this pack. I lead my pack better than that. They're on my territory though and it's like, just when we have them cornered, they cross borders. It's starting to really piss me off. This has been the fourth human attack recently."

He stopped when Hoseok let out a low growl, seemingly out of character for him.

He placed a calming hand on his brother's shoulder and looked into his knowing eyes before shifting that gaze back towards your face so he can continue.

Sensing his distress, Jungkook released Jimin from his torture while the others stood on guard for their Alpha.

The room fell uncomfortably still. It was like someone suddenly struck a match inside a gas station.

When Namjoon's voice finally broke the silence, your body jumped as a reflex; all the while Jin who must have been gauging your reaction took a comforting step closer to the bed almost in protection mode.

The static electricity in the air prickled down your arms like ants, nearly painful. Air thick, somewhat hard to breathe though that could be from you holding your breath trying not to make a sound.

"They're going to expose us if this continues. We've been doing everything to try and track them, but-"

His voice trailed off sounding exhausted. Mostly frustrated.

The dark circles under his eyes seeming to add visual that his body is just as worn out as his over-worked brain appears to be.

Wanting to change subjects, you desperately wrack your thoughts for anything to direct the course of this destructive conversation.

"You said I have a choice, what is it?"

No longer in the mood for conversing, Joon hung his head and pocketed a hand, using the free one to motion at Hoseok to answer.

"Hobi, why don't you enlighten her."

Hoseok cleared his throat for you to look in his direction now.

Once your eyes locked with his, you shuddered under his power. Earning a heart shaped smile from the burgundy haired male. Looking into those eyes your wrist somehow remembered his dominance by feeling a ghost grasp wound around them. Making you involuntary squirm, which there is no mistaking that he had noticed.

That dual personality was going to be hard to get use to, especially when he can pull a 180 with the blink of an eye.

"Because you have seen us, you can no longer return to your world. You know too much. So you have two options. You can either choose to stay in the basement until you grow old and die alone, or- Pick one of us as a mate and let us bring you into the pack by turning you."

The way he said everything with a smile made absolutely no sense to you. How was either of those options okay?

"You're joking. Why are either of those choices something you think I'd pick? What about my family? My friends? I have a life! I just can't abandon it!"

"It sounds bad when you put it that way, but it's really not that bad," Jungkook pouted.

"If it helps, you can think of yourself as deceased to your family and friends. It will help ease their grieving if they assume you're gone," Tae added.

"We can be your new family, if you're willing to accept us. We'll keep you safe. I promise." Jin reassured.

"Look, let's be real here, you know this is ridiculous deep down. You can't truly think this is a good idea. Shouldn't you be with other female werewolves or I don't know? Something not me? I'm a human. Huuuuuman."

"Granted it's not how finding a mate is supposed to go, but because of- circumstances..."

The air in the room suddenly went heavy with static once again when the silver haired male started his counter, everyone shifting uncomfortably where they stand.

This was clearly a sensitive topic between them, and the way he pushed ' circumstances' past his teeth was beyond forced.

"We have to take what we can get and you were pretty much pushed into our laps, so here we are."

"Whatever, there has to be way prettier female wolves for you to-"

"Enough!" Joon snapped, causing you to bite your tongue accidentally.

"You - will - choose, or you will be sent into isolation. We are not savage so we're not going to force you. We will at least give you time to get to know us before you choose, but those are the paths you're given for your future."

When you sat there only staring, because honestly what could you say to that, he added one last thing to finish the topic. Sounding somewhat melancholy as though he pitied you in this unfortunate situation.

"We'll leave you to think it over."

Ending the conversation, not giving you the opportunity to backtalk as if you could even open your mouth to speak, he then lifted his chin to motion for the pack to leave. Allowing you to process everything in privacy.

Following the last male out, Namjoon stopped at the door frame long enough to give you an apologetic glance before shutting the door with a heavy click.

You sat there dumbfounded.

Within less than twenty-four hours, you have been attacked by wolves, lost the love of your life, just found out werewolves actually exist, and now they expect you to date one of them as if your heart did not shatter mere hours before?

Everything was moving too fast for you to comprehend, yet it felt like your body was stuck in slow motion.

Had you finally cracked?

Your voice fell mute and tear ducts felt dry as the Sahara desert.

Body had become numb of feelings, utterly void of any human emotion whatsoever. Maybe the shock was finally catching up with you. Maybe your mental breakdown was actually taking over after all.

Or maybe, just maybe, you were terrified. Scared out of your freaking mind and the reality just hit you.

' I need to figure out how to get out of here. But with my leg like this, I'm stuck. They can't actually be serious.. can they?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 1.4K 54
It's a cliche, ordinary girl meets a good looking guy and they fall in love. Well, they would have if she let herself and if he wasn't a creature sh...
333K 15.9K 107
Finding your mate is the most euphoric feeling known to Werewolves, one people spend their whole life waiting for. But what happens when the mate you...
7.1K 282 43
~Completed 7-15-17~ //Under Revision (7-6-21)// I couldn't even begin to recall all the times and places I had heard the phrase; he was different. An...
524K 6.3K 33
There's no escaping love when you've found your mate. Amelia Whitlock knows that for sure. But what happens if, that so called mate of hers, was her...