Fun Girl

Oleh nngozi

Egypt always thought she had her entire life figured out... well that was until she left her hometown and mov... Lebih Banyak

Copyright Disclaimer
I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX

II

1K 64 174
Oleh nngozi

The noisy television downstairs, forced Egypt to wake up. She rolled onto her back and let out a loud groan. She hadn't bothered to open her eyes, only for the simple fact that she didn't want to get up. All Egypt wanted to do was sleep in today, and she felt she deserved to. Just yesterday, she'd managed to successfully unpack every single box, as well as sort out, organize, and arrange the furniture around the condo. She couldn't deny the fact that she was exhausted.

"Seriously Jordan. Are you kidding me?" She mumbled.

Egypt fought hard to ignore the sound, but she could no longer take it anymore. Now that her sleep was involuntarily cut short, she'd become annoyed. She got out of bed and slipped on her house slippers. She stumbled out of the bedroom, prepared to give Jordan an earful, as she couldn't believe he had the nerve to watch T.V. with the volume that loud.

Standing at the top of the staircase, she hollered his name. Her yelling was pointless, as the booming television only suppressed her voice. She sighed and made her way down the stairs. Immediately, Egypt noticed two large suitcases placed at the bottom of the steps. Though curious, she proceeded to pay the luggage no mind.

"Jordan," Egypt called out his name again, once she entered the living room. She was now confused, after realizing that Jordan wasn't in there. She grabbed the remote and muted the television.

There was a tasteful aroma that traveled into the living room, from the kitchen. Assuming Jordan was in there, Egypt followed the smell. She figured he'd must have noticed how tired she was, and decided to take it upon himself to cook breakfast.

"Aww babe-," Egypt stopped in her tracks. Expecting to find her boyfriend in the kitchen, she instead found someone else.

"Well look who finally decided to bring their ass downstairs." Jordan's mother, Michelle grimaced. She stood over the kitchen stove and eyed the younger female. She didn't even bother to hide how disgusted she was.

Feeling a bit ashamed, Egypt tugged on the hem of the loose t-shirt she wore, that did little to no justice in covering her bareless bottom. "Good Morning Ms. Michelle. I didn't know you were comi-,"

"Uh, save it. I always knew you were a lazy child."

Egypt batted her eyelashes. "Excuse me?"

"I can't believe I have to get off a flight and cook for my baby, because you're too irresponsible to wake up on time. He's been at workouts all day and you don't even have the decency to have a meal ready when he comes back." Michelle huffed.

"I'm sorry, I was tired."

    "Tired? Did you just say tired?" Michelle suddenly raised her voice. "Egypt, what the hell do you have to be tired from? You don't do shit around here, but sit on your ass... and spend my son's money."

"Actually, I didn't go to sleep on time last nigh-,"

"And I wonder why. You were probably out doing only God knows what." Michelle rudely interrupted. "I still don't know why Jordan insisted on having you here. I've been saying it for years, and I'ma keep saying it. It's just something about you, I don't trust."

Egypt let out a deep breath and paid no mind to Michelle's words. The last thing she wanted to do was start any trouble with her boyfriend's mother. Despite how Michelle felt about her, Egypt always remained respectful to the older lady.

"Ms. Michel-,"

"I don't want to hear it. Go 'head and run along now."

It had always been obvious to Egypt that Michelle wasn't too fond of her, but she still hoped that one day the two could grow close to each other. Aside from their unreasonable differences, they both had one thing in common, and that was their strong love for the same individual.

Egypt figured she play it cool, and stepped closer to Michelle. "So how was your flight? I hope it wasn't too stressful?"

Michelle ignored her, as she had no desire to engage in any conversation with her son's girlfriend. She only cared about the pasta she was cooking.

"Okay then." Egypt mumbled, and decided to try a different approach with her. "Do you need help with anything?"

"I'm good." Michelle bitterly said.

Egypt let out a sigh of defeat. It was clear as day that she wasn't about to get anywhere with Michelle. No matter how hard she tried, her efforts only seemed to be in vain.

"Alright. If you need me, I'll be in the room." She made her way upstairs and pushed open the door to her and Jordan's bedroom. As tired as she was, she couldn't allow herself go back to sleep. Rather, she took a quick shower and later dressed into something comfortable.

Egypt came back down the staircase, as she now heard Jordan's laughter coming from the dining room. He sat at the head of the table with a plate of food in front of him, and a glass of orange juice to the side. Michelle sat on his left, with a plate in front of her as well.

"Hey babe. How was workouts?" Egypt asked. She walked towards him and helped herself to a seat at the table.

Jordan looked up from his plate, "It was straight. Nothing too serious."

"What time did you leave? I didn't hear you when you got up."

"Maybe if you weren't sleeping your life away, then you'd know." Michelle muttered from across the table.

"Mama." Jordan sighed.

"Boy, don't mama me. She claims she was tired... but who knows what the truth really is." Michelle was not about to give up. Regardless if her son was there or not.

Egypt slightly rolled her eyes, as she stood up from the table. She couldn't sit there and tolerate anymore of Michelle's antics. "Well the food looks delicious. I'm gonna go make myself a plate."

"And who said you were welcome to eat the food I made? I didn't cook for you." Michelle butted in.

"Of course you didn't." Egypt whispered to herself. She walked into the kitchen, wanting so badly to slice Michelle's throat. She wanted to slice Jordan's throat even more. He never called his mother out on her bullshit, and that annoyed her.

"Now what the hell am I supposed to eat?" She asked herself. She skimmed through the half empty cupboards, as well as the refrigerator.

It had been a month since the move to Toronto, and they'd managed well with the groceries Jordan had bought during their first week. As they were starting to run low, Egypt knew it was time for another store visit. Jordan did most of the shopping, allowing her to stay home and take care of things. Now that preseason was right around the corner, Jordan was in an out of workouts, training camp, and meetings, so it was unsure when he would ever find time to go to the store.

Egypt left out of the kitchen and went back into the dining room. To her surprise, Jordan was nowhere to be found, as Michelle was now clearing off the table. She quickly rushed upstairs, with the assumption that he may have been in the bedroom.

"Jordan!" She hollered, once she stepped foot inside their room. She found him shirtless, standing in front of the mirror, and admiring himself.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Why didn't you tell me your mama was coming?" Egypt questioned.

Jordan shrugged, "I didn't know I had to."

"I mean, you could have at least discussed it with me."

"Discussed it with you? So now I gotta run shit through you before my mama can come visit me?"

"Jordan, that's not what I meant. I just wished you would have given me a heads up or something. I was damn near naked when I came downstairs this morning, because I thought you were home, and obviously not expecting to find your mama in the kitchen." Egypt explained herself.

"Well, that sounds like a personal problem. Maybe now you'll learn how to cover yourself up."

Egypt felt the need to roll her eyes. Jordan was obviously being irrational, but that didn't come as a surprise to her. It was expected when his mother was involved in the conversation.

"Anyways, that's not what I came here for. I need to go to the store, so can I please borrow some money?"

"Go to the store for what?" Jordan asked her.

"Buy some groceries. I'm hungry, and your mama made it clear that I wasn't welcomed to eat her food."

"I already got mama handling the groceries."

"Why?" Egypt questioned.

"Why not? She knows what I like to eat."

"And I don't?"

Jordan shook his head, "You don't know as well as her."

"So I'm supposed to wait on her to go and come back before I can eat?" Egypt huffed.

"That... or you can go find yourself somewhere to eat. Choice is yours." Jordan told her, as he placed a durag over his waves. After a rough morning at workouts, he could care less about Egypt complaints. All he wanted to do at the moment was take a warm shower and get some rest.

"I guess I'll have to find somewhere." Egypt hopped off the bed and marched over to her closet. She changed into a pair of dark ripped jeans and stepped into her Nike Air Maxes. "Can I drive the Benz?"

Jordan immediately looked at Egypt sideways. He wanted to laugh in her face, but didn't. "I think the fuck not. You ain't about to scratch my baby up. I just bought her."

"Babe, I promise to be careful. I just wanna take her for a spin."

"You can take the Audi for a spin."

"C'mon Jordan, please." Egypt pleaded with him.

"Hell no." Jordan blew out.

"Babe, I know how to drive."

"Oh, I know... but it's no way in hell I'll let you drive the Benz." He reached into the pockets of his shorts and pulled out a set of keys. Egypt frowned, while accepting them out of his hands. She marched out of the bedroom, until she made it downstairs. Luckily, Michelle had disappeared into the guest bedroom and Egypt was thankful for that. She didn't need anymore insults thrown at her.

She grabbed her purse off the couch, and opened it. After double checking that her phone and wallet were inside, she proceeded to make her way out the condo.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

81.6K 1.8K 39
Mahlani is a beautiful young woman, that is very insecure. She comes from two very successful parents in the industry. Born and raised in Toronto and...
God's Plan Oleh itskloe

Fiksi Penggemar

179K 5K 91
"It's crazy how we found our way back to each other." "Guess it was God's Plan."
473 22 18
Molly meets her YouTuber crush at a Starbucks when she moves to Canada and later they both become madly in love ❤️