The Idol In My Living Room

By wakingupinTokyo

We all dream of bumping into our favorite idol on the streets but what if he shows up at your doorstep? In a... More

Part 1: Runaway Idol
Part 2: When Namjoon Met Eleanor
Part 3: Crazy, Stupid, Feelings
Part 4: A Night To Remember
Part 5.1: While I Was Sleeping
Part 5.2: Is This Love, Actually
Part 6: A Few Things I Hate About You
Part 7: Sleepless in Suwon
Part 8: Along Came Eleanor
Part 9: There's Something About Chris
Part 10: Meet The Roommates
Part 11: Meet The Roommates Pt. 2
Part 12: P.S. She Loves You
Part 14: The Unlucky One
Part 15: (500) Days of Winter
Part 16: Me After You
Part 17: When In New York
Part 18: Kismet
Part 19: The Last Goodbye
Part 20: On My Wedding Day
Epilogue:

Part 13: Midnight in Seoul

3.2K 151 48
By wakingupinTokyo

[The following chapter contains mature content]

I spend the remainder of the afternoon with Namjoon's stylist. After a thousand and one try, we both agree on an off the shoulder little black dress with an A-line skirt. It's shorter than I would've liked but the stylist sold me on it saying it would make my legs look longer.

We're back at the dorm for my hair and makeup now which is taking a lot longer than I expected. I could've done it myself but Namjoon had already sent them to help and how can I say not to that.

I hear a knock on the door and Namjoon's head pops up.

"How is it going over here?" He asks. I point to my hair rollers and shrug.

"I'll give you a couple more minutes," Namjoon winks and leaves.

An eternity later, rollers are out, the dress is on, and I'm fixing my lipstick when Namjoon walks in. He is wearing a dark blue suit with a black shirt underneath. His light brown hair is parted on the side, exposing his a bit of his forehead. Be still, my heart.

"Thank you so much for your help today, you guys are amazing," he says.

"Anything for you Namjoon," the hairstylist says "turn around sweetheart you just need a little bit of this," he tells me before dumping a half a can of hairspray on my hair.

"Thank you!" I say to him and the makeup lady.

After they leave to find driver Lee, Namjoon takes my hand and spins me around.

"You're gorgeous. I don't know how I got this lucky."

It's moments like these that I wish I could print out to replay later. To reassure myself that I'm not making this up. That this is not a dream and that his heart beats for me as strongly as mine does for him.

"No, I'm the one who got lucky," I say.

"Ugh get a room, actually don't because we're already late!" Hoseok yells from the hall.

"Don't mind him, he's just broke up with his girlfriend...again," Namjoon says planting a kiss on my cheek.

I grab my purse and loop my arm through Namjoon's as we walk to the car.

"Wow Eleanor, you look beautiful," Jimin says standing by the car. Hoseok looks up from his phone and gives me a thumbs up.

"Thank you," I say starting to blush a little.

"I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you tonight" Namjoon whispers.

"Wow, jealous much?" I say teasing him.

"A little," He says with a shy smile.

"I'm not gonna run away with another idol... unless Park Bo Gum is there then you're out of luck."

"Oh I see how it is," he says biting the inside of his cheeks while he opens the door for me.

The place we're going it's not that far and the ride consists of Jimin and Namjoon teasing Hoseok about his breakup.

"I'm done with her this time, I swear," Hoseok says while getting out of the car.

"You said that the last 3 times," Jimin says and Namjoon chuckles. 

We're at another underground parking garage, I'm starting to believe all the luxury apartment complexes in Seoul are the same. We walk into a massive living room, even bigger than the dorm. Waiters are going around with trays of food and champagne. There's a bartender and a live DJ. There are a lot of people here and it makes me feel uneasy.

"You okay, baby?" Namjoon says helping me out of my coat.

"Yeah, this is um lavish."

"Producer Choi is what you would call a little extra but he's cool."

We leave our coats by the entrance and walk over to the bar where Jin is. Hoseok and Jimin disappear into the crowd. Next to Jin there's a tall woman with tan skin and short, curly hair. She's wearing a red bodycon dress that showcases her well-defined curves. She's so beautiful it's kind of intimidating.

"Hey lovebirds, let me introduce you to my matchmaker," he says pointing to her.

"Hi, I'm Aimee," she says extending her hand. Her soft, motherly tone doesn't match her appearance at all.

"I'm Namjoon and this is my girlfriend, Eleanor."

"Nice to meet you, Aimee," I say shaking her hand.

"Aimee is here to assess my social interactions, not as my date!" Jin says carefully.

"Strictly work," she says as if trying to convince herself more than us.

"Sure! We have to greet some people so we'll see you around," Namjoon says as we start walking away.

I meet Producer Choi and his wife first then I lose count of how many people I'm introduced to. We go around the room and everyone asks the same questions. How old are you? Where did you go to school? What are you doing in South Korea? How long are you staying?

I'm trying not to stumble over my words, nodding, and drinking champagne when I don't understand a single thing. It's quite exhausting. In contrast, Namjoon does it so gracefully smiling at the right time, knowing exactly when to move on, evading questions by answering with another question. He must be used to doing this all the time.

"Can I borrow Namjoon for a second? I need his opinion on something," Producer Choi says with a bubbly smile. I smile back at him.

"Sorry," Namjoon mouths before being dragged away.

I try to find Jimin and Hoseok but they're talking to a group of girls. I spot Aimee, she's talking to this much older man but as soon as we lock eyes she waives at me like we're friends who haven't seen each other in a long time. I wave back.

"Hi," she walks toward me. "Walk with me please, this man is not getting that I'm not interested," She says intertwining her arm through mine.

"Yeah of course,"

"Where's your boyfriend?" She says heading to the bar.

"Helping Producer Choi with something? I don't really know," I shrug.

"Ah men, I lost Jin a while ago."

"I'm sorry, I guess that makes your job more difficult," We sit by the bar. I have another glass of champagne. Aimee orders a whiskey on the rocks. I have mad respect for this woman now.

"Don't be! His mother is paying me double," she raises her glass in my direction and we toast to that.

We bond over being foreigners in Korea and the fact that we're the odd ones out at this party.

"Serious question, how do you know people are a good match?" I ask.

"It takes some science, seeing how people act and behave around each other. And sometimes you just know, a six sense I guess you could call it." She pauses to finish her whiskey. "Do you want to know what I think about you and Namjoon?"

Oh finally, I am dying to know!

"Umm, I don't know," I hesitate.

Oh come, Eleanor, you know you want to know too!

"Okay, I'll tell you anyway," She says raising her glass toward the bartender who immediately comes over.

Love her!!

"I'm not sure if you haven't realized this yet or if you don't want to acknowledge it but Namjoon is head over heels for you so stop doubting him. I mean it's probably going to be very hard for the two of you, but he's the one you should fight for," she says before jumping off her seat. "Oh I see Seokjin, I gotta grab him before he disappears again."

She leaves but her words linger around me like her perfume. I do wonder sometimes if Namjoon truly feels the same way I do, if this is going to last, or if we even belong together. I know those thoughts may be fueled by my insecurities but I've never told anyone. Is it that obvious? 

"I'm so sorry Elle," Namjoon comes out of nowhere and places his arm around me. "I got carried away with work stuff."

"It's fine, I had a really interesting conversation with Aimee,"

"The matchmaker?" He asks and I nod finishing off my drink.

"I need to pee, where's the restroom?"

"The second floor, come on," he says helping me get off the stool. Yes, bar stools are my public enemies number two, kitchen cabinets are number one. Does no one think about short people when making them?

I get out of the bathroom and Namjoon is leaning against the wall looking at his phone.

"Have I told you how hot you look today?" I say.

"You might've mentioned that earlier." He says putting his phone away. "Are you that tipsy that flirting with me?" He smiles and pulls me closer. 

"Who, me? No." I lie.

We're alone for the first time since we arrived so I put my hands around his neck and kiss him. I don't feel like going back. I don't see anyone around so I grab Namjoon's hand and walk back into the bathroom locking the door behind us. I push him against the door and start kissing him again. My lips move on to his neck, down to his chest as I unbutton his shirt.

"Here?" He looks down at me with a raised eyebrow. I nod already unbuttoning his pants and confirming how turned on he is. Namjoon reaches toward the door's handle to make sure it's locked. 

"If this is your idea of hating parties, I'll take you out more," he smiles and I bring him in for another kiss. 

We leave the party briefly after our scandalous encounter. Namjoon insists we must go somewhere before midnight. The driver drops us off at a walking trail by the Han river. I keep looking back to see if anyone is following.

"Don't worry no one comes here this late at night," he says kissing my hand. I relax a little.

Despite the cold breeze, it's a beautiful night. There's a crescent moon and the sky is clear enough to see some stars. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Namjoon looking diligently at his watch.

"What is it?"

"It's almost midnight." He says matter of factly.

"And?"

He grabs my face with both of his hands and gives me a kiss. I close my eyes savoring every second of it.

"It's been a month since we met," He whispers after pulling away.

"It's been a month already! No way! I'm a horrible girlfriend." I cry but Namjoon shakes his head.

"I know it's a little soon, too soon maybe?" he says scratching his head, shy smile. "But I want you to have this."

"What?" I say after a second of Namjoon just staring at me in silence.

"Oh, right," he says reaching for something inside his jacket. "Sorry, I got a little nervous."

He pulls out a gold chain with something else attached to it. I have to lean closer to see what it really is. Now, I'm the one who's speechless. I look at Namjoon whose eyes have disappeared behind a giant grin on his face. My heart feels like it's beating a thousand times per second.

"I love you too, Eleanor."

....................................................................................................................................................

The phone goes straight to voicemail again...for the third time so he decides to leave a recording.

"Reporter Song, I got excellent news. I'll stop by the station first thing tomorrow."

He looks through the camera roll again, the pictures are a little dark since he couldn't use the flash but they're usable. He puts the camera away with a smile on his face and starts walking toward the main street away from the Han river.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 5.1K 95
cursed (adj) - experiencing bad luck cause by a magic curse | The Alium Universe; where elves, fairies, trolls and different kinds of mythical creatu...
5.2K 207 20
After being fired and disrespected, all Reina Reigns want now is a new job and revenge. She is fire, she burns wild and she really doesn't care who...
45.1K 1.4K 18
Your little brother is a member of BTS. He wants you to come stay at the dorm while transitioning to your new place in Seoul. You weren't expecting t...
45.5K 1.4K 18
"The sound of your heartbeat is music to my ears..." Credits: JDCx