Fun Girl

nngozi tarafından

Egypt always thought she had her entire life figured out... well that was until she left her hometown and mov... Daha Fazla

Copyright Disclaimer
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX

I

1.5K 76 180
nngozi tarafından

     "Money fall on you. Banana fall on you. Prada fall on you... 'Cause I'm in love with you."

With excitement, Egypt danced in what was now her new kitchen. Her body freely swayed to the music that played through her wireless bluetooth Airpods. She had been successfully unpacking boxes all morning and the second her playlist randomly shuffled to one of her favorite Nigerian artists, she couldn't help but have a small dance break.

     "Money fall on you. Banana fall you. Paparazzi follow you.... 'Cause I'm in love with you."

She was so carried away and lost in her own world, that she hadn't realized she was no longer in a room by herself. Her boyfriend Jordan, stood at the kitchen entrance and watched as his girlfriend slowly whined her hips and obnoxiously sang out loud. He shook his head and leaned over the countertop to where her phone laid. Without a care, he looked down at the screen and paused the song.

     Egypt turned around swiftly with curiosity as to what happened to the music playing in her ears. Her eyes finally met Jordan, who was now leaned against the kitchen island with his arms folded together.

"Ummm, excuse you? I was listening to that." She immediately snapped. There were a few things she couldn't stand and one of them was having her music messed with. She preferred to be in the zone with absolutely no interruptions.

     "Are you serious right now? I can't believe you're here dancing and singing, meanwhile it's hella boxes that still need to be unpacked." Jordan let out with frustration. He had left almost an hour ago and wasn't expecting to return home and see the same amount of boxes as before.

"What do you think I've been doing all day? I just happened to give myself a little break."

     Jordan quickly grew impatient with her behavior, "A break? Really Egypt? These boxes aren't going to unpack themselves. We need to keep it pushing."

"Well now that you're back home, maybe you can help me." She mumbled.

     He looked at her with hesitation, but eventually sighed. "Whatever."

The two moved around the kitchen grabbing boxes of various sizes and unpacking them. Egypt held a small smile to her face as she looked over at her boyfriend, who was now putting away silverware and cooking utensils.

     "I still can't believe this." She interrupted the silence.

"Believe what?" Jordan questioned.

     "That were actually about to start a new life together... right here in Toronto." She beamed cheerfully.

In Egypt's eyes, everything seemed so surreal to her. She was no longer in Houston, but in Toronto ready to begin a new journey with her boyfriend of almost four years. Even at the age of twenty, she knew Jordan was the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

     A smile appeared on Jordan's face. "I know right, I'm excited. Especially for the upcoming season. Swear it's like a dream come true."

Having played three collegiate years at Louisiana State University, Jordan forgoed his senior year to declare for the 2019 NBA draft. Last month in June, he had been selected by the Miami Heat with the thirteenth overall pick. The following day he was eventually traded to 2019 Finals Championship team, the Toronto Raptors for Devon Newberry.

     "Same here, and I'm proud of you too. This is all you've ever wanted."

"Thanks baby." Jordan blew a kiss in her direction. "You coming out here with me, means a lot. I'm glad I was able to change your mind."

     The decision to leave Houston behind for Toronto had to have been one of the hardest choices Egypt had ever made in her life. Jordan promised her a lifestyle of lavish and much more in order to convince her to move in with him. She knew as well that a long distance relationship wasn't something she was ready for.

Now that Jordan was a professional athlete, Egypt was fully aware that there was bound to be thousands of groupies ready to pounce on the next young athlete on the come up, and she couldn't stand the thought of it. One of the few reasons she agreed to move in with him.

     "I'm happy that you asked me to come. You know I'll go anywhere with you." Egypt proudly told him. She meant every bit of what she said.

Jordan smirked and walked over to where she stood. He tightly wrapped his arms around her waist. "That's why I love you so much."

     "I love you too."

"Shit, maybe we should take a little break." He gave her butt a light squeeze.

     "Maybe we should." Egypt smirked as her body was now lifted off the ground, carried out of the kitchen, and taken upstairs.

•••••••••

     "So how's life in the six? Met anyone famous yet?"

"Kay, I've only been here for three days. I haven't even left the house."

     After an hour of sexually satisfying each other, Jordan left the condo for the second time today leaving Egypt to finish up with unpacking. She'd managed to get most of the boxes done and found herself bored out of her mind. With perfect timing, her best friend Kayla called her on Facetime.

"Ugh, lame. If I was in Toronto, I would have been out looking for my baby Abel." Kayla joked.

     "Who?" Egypt cluelessly asked.

"Umm, The Weeknd duh. Get with the program."

     Egypt let out a sigh, "How was I supposed to know that was his real name? I don't listen to him like that. He's too emotional for me."

"Emotional?" Kayla loudly smacked her lips. "I'll have you know, The Weeknd's music is not emotional. He just happens to go through a lot of shit."

     "Yeah, too much shit. Which is exactly why I don't care for his music. I'm not trying to be depressed or have a bunch of dark thoughts roaming my mind." Egypt laughed.

"Bitch bye. You'll listen to Frank Ocean, but won't listen to the Weeknd? Make it make sense?" Kayla rolled her eyes. She didn't understand how her best friend could listen to Frank Ocean's Blond album for hours, and yet have the audacity to call The Weeknd 'emotional'.

     "Alright chill, because Frank is another type of artist. Ain't nobody seeing him, and that's period."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. That nigga music will have your ass crying about shit that ain't even happen yet. Feelings be all over the damn place."

     Kayla was right, which made Egypt laugh. As much as she didn't want to admit it, Egypt knew Frank Ocean was one of the few artists who wasn't afraid to express their feelings. He was raw with his music.

"I kind of wish you were still in Houston, it's just not the same without you. I can't believe you left me here for Jordan's ugly ass." Kayla grumbled, slightly feeling the need to roll her eyes.

     "Leave him alone."

"I'm just saying. You know Egypt, you can always come back home if you need to." Kayla made sure to emphasize. Even though she never expressed how she felt, she was disappointed in her best friend. However, she was more upset that Jordan had successfully convinced Egypt to leave Houston and move out of the country with him.

     A gentle frown appeared on Egypt's face, "Yeah, I know."

It was only her third day in Toronto and she couldn't deny how much she missed Texas. She missed Kayla even more. Jordan had assured her that it was natural to be homesick during the first week. He told her by the second and third week there, she would no longer care for Houston.

     "I think you should go sightseeing or something. Just find a reason to get out of the house, cause I know how you are." Kayla encouraged with a chuckle.

"Really Kay? Sightseeing in Toronto?" Egypt shook her head. She didn't know much about Canada, and Toronto never struck her as a city with many tourist attractions.

     "Yeah, it's gotta be hella places to go to in Toronto. Bitch you're in the six. You might even come across Drake's house or even Drake himself." Kayla's eyebrows raised mischievously.

"I doubt I'll ever run into him. He probably stays in some secluded ass area." Egypt laughed loudly.

     "I mean he is the global brand ambassador for the team your nigga's gonna be playing for. I'm sure you'll see him at a game."

Egypt moved her fingers through her natural black curls. "We won't even be anywhere near each other. He'll be courtside and I'll be somewhere in the stands, besides I'm not interested in meeting him. If anything, I'm trying to run into PartyNextDoor."

     "Which is why you need to find Drake so you can tell him to release Party from that damn OVO Sweatshop. Hell, we need some new music."

"OVO Sweatshop? You needa' stay your ass off of Twitter." Egypt shook her head and laughed.

     "That shit is real Egypt. Everyone knows Drake has a secret dungeon where he's hiding all his artists." Kayla added.

Egypt's laughter grew incredibly loud. "Don't ever say that shit out in public, please."

     The security alarm sounded throughout the condo, which indicated that the front door had been open. Egypt simply paid it no mind, as she knew it was no one other than Jordan, and figured he'd come upstairs soon to greet her.

She carried on with her call until her phone unexpectedly died. With a groan, she plugged the phone into a charger and left out of the bedroom she shared with Jordan. It had been at least twenty minutes and he'd yet to come upstairs. Egypt didn't give it much thought before she went looking for him downstairs.

     In the living room, Jordan was sprawled out on the couch as his eyes were glued to the television screen. Egypt playfully shook her head, seeing how concentrated he was on the game of Madden 18 he was playing. His entire attention had been fixated on the PS4, that he had yet to notice the presence of his girlfriend beside him.

"Where'd you run off to earlier?" Egypt's soft voice finally grabbed his attention.

     "Out." Jordan told her. He still hadn't bothered to remove his eyes from the television screen.

"Obviously, but where?"

     "I had to go buy some groceries. You think you can go in there and whip something up? I can't go another night ordering take out, shits unhealthy for me."

It was only their third night in the city and since they'd yet to settle down properly in their new home, the two spent each night ordering from a different five star restaurant. Egypt had always been the type of female that preferred to cook. She loved being in the kitchen. It was one of her favorite places to be. She found it quite thoughtful that Jordan had taken the time to go out and buy groceries for them.

     "So, what do you have a taste for?" She asked him.

"I was thinking baked spaghetti. That shouldn't be too hard for you." He shrugged.

     "Okay, baked spaghetti it is." Egypt prepared herself to walk away, but Jordan's voice stopped her movement.

"Oh, and ease up on the seasoning. I know how you like to get."

     A few fits of laughter escaped out of her lips, "Boy, bye."

Authors Note: How are you guys liking it so far? Please feel free to like, comment, or even leave feedback below.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

205K 7K 82
I smiles and stands up. "Thank You so much Mr. Graham." He shake my hands. "I'm very glad you'll be joining our team Ms. Veloy. We have a big project...
55.3K 1.3K 56
Aubrey has been wrongfully sentenced to do years behind bars for something he didn't do, he comes out looking for revenge and to rekindle things with...
473 22 18
Molly meets her YouTuber crush at a Starbucks when she moves to Canada and later they both become madly in love ❤️
342K 20K 47
At seventeen, Roman Cannes, straight out of high school without a nickle to her name, never thought that her life would change as drastically as it d...