In The Arms Of Danger [Sequel...

By NalaHeart

"Ava look at me," This time the way he says it isn't threatening or filled with malice. He wants to tell me... More

In The Arms Of Danger: Note
Prologue
01.
02.
04.
05.
06.
07
08.
09:
10:
11:
12:
13.
14:
15:
APOLOGY TO FANS :(
16:
17:
18:
How I, As The Author Feels...
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
Note
26
27
28:

03.

12.5K 331 45
By NalaHeart

03.

In life we make choices. Good or bad, the choices we make today determine the outcome of tomorrow. I'm not too certain if the choice I made tonight is a good one. But I am sure it will make one hell of an outcome tomorrow. I have a strong feeling I'll wake up feeling more than regret.

I feel a small peck on my temple before he brings me closer to him. The way we're sitting-  me stiffly, while his arm wraps over my shoulders- shows his dominating posessiveness. I'll never get used to it.

What am I doing? 

Fear, doubt, and more troublesome feelings crowd my mind while I try to organize my thoughts. Everytime I think  about this; being here with him; being in this car with a man who has ruined my life, I get angry. I get angry at myself because I shouln't have to do this. I shouldn't have to put myself and Danny's life in danger like this to be free from Ian. He should be the one apologizing to us. 

"I know you're giving me a second chance, babe. Which is why I'm determined not to screw this up." 

Silence until I hear,

"And it's all the more reason why I'm going to do everything in my power to make you fall in love with me." He promises sternly. 

My eyebrows furrow the more I ponder. He wants to make me fall in love with him this time? But wait; didn't he convince himself that I was already in love with him? 

"I love you, Ava Campbell. And I'm going to make you feel it too. I'm going to make you fall in love with me over and over again." 

The determination and love in his soft tone scares me more than the way he is holding me right now. And if not for Danny sleeping in his arms, I'm sure he'd be holding me tighter. He would be suffocating me right now.  

The rest of the drive is covered in a blanket of silence. My erractically beating heart is the only sound filling my ears right now. It blocks out every sane thought imaginable. If I'm insane or downright stupid for doing this then so be it. I'm doing this for Danny; for myself. I'm doing this to prove a point to Ian. Love isn't just a mouth full of words, or a handful of actions. Love is deeper than that. Love is showing, feeling and proving.

"Stay quiet and close to me." He whispers to me as the car slows to a stop.

My head moves around, trying to see where we are but a firm grip on my shoulder causes me to freeze. Without hesitation, I focus my gaze on the black leather seat in front of me. I'm still afraid when it comes to making eye contact with him.

"Ava, stay quiet and close to me, okay?"

I can hear the edge in his tone. The same edge that startles me to my core because I know how serious he is. And I also know what the consequences will be if I disobey. Can I really do this again?

A small cough erupts from him, meaning his patience is running out.

Nodding assuringly, I continue biting my bottom lip to prevent myself from speaking out. I can't ask questions because if I do he'll get suspicious, and I don't want that. I want him to think I'm going with him willingly. I want him to think that I've finally come to my senses and have started to fall for him.

Stepping out, I search the area. It's a nearly empty parking garage. There are a few people moving about but not enough to get in Ian's way. 

A small push on my lower back, forces my legs into motion.  I have no idea where we're going. I have no clue as to where he is taking us. For all I know, it could be to some quaint cottage in Rhode Island, or a cozy cabin in Minneapolis. But like I've said before, I have no idea. 

"Wait!" I shout once I realize where we are. The warm summer air greets us while we stand at the entrance to the McCarran International Airport.  We're in Nevada.

His grip on my wrist tightens as he turns to face me. With Danny still sleeping in his arms, he adjusts the rest of his body to face me.

"Problem?" The small narrow in his alluring eyes forces mine to blink rapidly. I don't know why his stare has deemed me speechless. Breathless, even. 

"Because if there is one-"

"What... what about the letter?"

I'm supposed to write a letter to my parents telling them not to look for me because I went willingly. If they know what I'm doing then they'll try to stop me and I can't allow that. I can't have the police on us because  they can't help me. Only I can help myself.

"Already taken care of." 

He pulls me gently, telling me to follow. With my head down, I deliberate on whether I should ask about Jared or not. I mean we did leave in a hurry. And all I remember is Ian telling me to go pack a few of our things. By the time I came back to the living Jared's body was no where in sight.

"You okay?"  

The small crowd of individuals waltzes past us without a glance. No one notices me, Ava Campbell, the girl who was kidnapped by her stalker three years ago. No; no one realizes that I'm with the evil, ruthless man who once destroyed me. None of these people know I'm leaving willingly with the monster of my dreams.

With a small sigh, I stare up at him. His light-green eyes admire me lovingly. The intrigued yet sorrowful look he gives me only lasts a second before we both look away. 

"I...I just want to know what happened to..." I don't know how to ask about Jared. Three years ago Ian would rage at the mention of Jared. I wonder how much he's changed.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He shrugs nonchalantly. The smug curve of his light pink lips makes me want to  vomit. It's the same twistedly triumphant smirk he gave me after murdering my friend, Chris. 

With a small sigh, I follow him through the airport. I didn't realize how much I hate to follow until I'm forced to follow Ian.  

#

Silence. That is all I hear. That is all I feel. Silenced. It's as if my entire mouth is filled with cotton balls, making my throat dry and it harder to speak. I'm tired and hesitant. Tired because I don't sleep and hesitant because of Ian Hunt. I wince when I feel another squeeze on my hand. 

The only thing keeping me awake right now is the immense pressure on my hand. Ian squeezes it again when the plane begins to descend. We're experiencing a bit of turbulence and he isn't too thrilled about it. I mean you can't blame him. Who would be?

"Why do you fly?" My voice is small and cautious. I don't need him getting angry. 

I feel his head move. Possibly turning his attention to me. And then, I feel his piercing gaze on me. This confirms it. He is looking at me and making me more uneasy than I already am. 

"What do you mean? What kind of silly question is that?" He laughs forcefully while removing his hand from mine. 

"I don't think it's the question that is silly, Mr. Hunt. I think it's silly to avoid admitting your fear." I turn to him with a witty smile plastered on my face. Whoa, where did that come from?

"Well Mrs. Hunt," 

There's a frim grip on my hand once again. And then, in an instant, I feel him lift it to his sensual lips before planting a gentle kiss on it. 

"I think you're right," He interlocks our fingers amicably while I try not to jerk my hand away. 

Frowning, I turn to him in high suspicion. Did he just say that I'm right? Because if he is, then that means one thing. He is finally agreeing with me.

The announcements linger over us, informing us of the exit ways and thanking us for flying. 

Without another word, Ian stands up to get our luggage while I lift Danny into my arms. He is no longer sleeping. Nope, he is fully awake now. 

"We home yet, mommy?" He mumbles while rubbing his large, green eyes tiredly. 

"We're somewhere better," Ian chimes in excitedly. His grin spreads until small dimples appear in his already perfect face. 

By this time we're off the jet and walking towards a large home. A very large home. 

"I want Jarhead and where is Baze? Mommy, I want to go home," His lip pokes out as he pouts sadly. 

Ian shakes his head while I console my baby. I don't know how to tell him that Jared is gone; possibly dead. And I really can't explain Blazes' dissappearance so I opt for this,  

"We're staying with daddy for a while, okay?"

I put him down before kneeling to his level. His full, emerald eyes never leave mine while I talk to him. I tell him how important it is he cooperates with me. I tell him that we'll be going home soon and to think of this as a little vacation. 

Ian unloads  our luggage while I'm trying to calm my little toddler.

"But-" He hiccups, preventing him from finishing his question. I notice the small tears slide down his puffy cheeks.

"Don't ask anymore questions Danny. Just do what Mommy says, okay?" I use my thumb to rub his tears away. With a small smile on my face, I peck his cheek.

He wrinkles his button nose while frowning. I watch him open his mouth to say something but pauses when he hears, 

"Oh, this is just perfect! So, so, perfect." The older brunette woman gawks at us. Her flawless makeup cloaks her wrinkles while her attire screams wealthy. My eyes trail from her black pumps gracing her small feet to her elbow sleeve , Milano knit dress occupying her petite frame. Elaine could be a model for her age group; late fifties.

She continues smiling while opening her arms to embrace us. 

"She isn't coming near Danny," I whisper to Ian quickly. I scoop him up and into my arms, holding him tighter in a protective manner. 

"She's my mother, Ava. She wouldn't hurt him." He replies just as quickly. 

"Ava darling, how are you? How was your flight?" She pulls me in a tight hug. So tightly I can taste the Chanel perfume. I squirm and so does Danny. His muffled words aren't heard because of Elaine's suffocating embrace. 

"Get off!" I use my free arm to push her away. 

She stumbles back with a heavy look of disapproval. Her bright green eyes narrow while she straightens her dress.  Danny's small hands clutch my shirt while he buries his face in my chest. 

"Well I see  not much has changed. Still being yourself...-" She trails off while staring at Ian. 

"-and nothing is wrong with that," flashing a quick smile at us, she turns on her heel.

 What was that about? And why is she being so nice? I catch a quick glimpse of a silent, contemplative Ian. His hands are pocketed while his face remains neutral. 

"Welcome home, children!" Her hands raise in a joyous manner while she sways to the house.  

My eyes widen at the amazing view before me. The yard is covered in lush, moss colored lawn; meandering amidst abundant forest foliage. It's a beautiful scene straight out of a magazine.

"Where exactly is 'home'?" I mumble while staring in awe. 

Stone ledges and steps lead to seemingly endless woodland paths, which in turn, lead to the lake.  

Ian chuckles at my mystified expression before taking my hand.

"I think I can show you better than I can tell you," 

We continue walking until we reach the double doors of the house.

From there we're greeted with a fresh scent of cinnamon and an enthralling two story foyer with a sweeping circular staircase.

It's so enormous it could swallow me whole. Oh and the way this place is looks; neat, clean, and close to perfection, makes me afraid to touch anything. I don't want to ruin it. 

The inlaid limestone and wood floors are illuminated by a soaring California inspired window above the entry.The shadows of the large windows echo throughout the entire downstairs. An elegant gallery of family photos line the walls of the foyer. I try to peek at a few but as soon as I stop I'm pulled away.

"The first floor holds a ballroom-sized sunken living room with coffered ceiling, a limestone fireplace over mantel and views of the lake from every window," Elaine explains happily. 

"Ooooh," Danny stares into the formal dining room. I watch him play with a toy rocking horse in the corner.

"Ian played with that same old thing. He'll love it here," She smiles warmly, clearly pleased that Danny is taking this in well. Well enough for her, I suppose.

"We won't be staying long," I cut straight to the point. I'm here to do one job and one job only. Make Ian fall out of love with me. Once he gets to know me he'll see how wrong he was. And he'll let me go to be with someone who truly loves him. 

"Won't be staying long?" She traces her words carefully. A clear look of distaste on her visage.

I jump when I feel arms wrap around my waist. I'm locked in a tight grasp and I can't escape. His lips trail kisses on my neck until stopping on my cheek. He spins me around then says,  

"Ava, Danny, and I will be staying with you and Martin until I finish building our home. So no, we won't be staying long."   

I fake a smile while he stares fondly at me. I just have to keep this up until it's my job is done. Build him up to break him down. 

 "Well then, I guess that's that," she clears her throat to mask the forlorness in her voice. "Um, the bedrooms are upstairs so just make yourselves at home for the time being." And with that, she kisses Danny on the forhead before walking out.

 "Hoo is that?" he rubs her kiss off while scrunching his nose. I know that look because he does it when he is annoyed. 

"That's your grandmother," Ian clarifies proudly. 

The sparkle in his eye and the smirk on his lips makes me want to punch him. Has he forgotten what Elaine has done to him? Or, does he not even care? Either way it goes, I care and I haven't forgotten. There is no way in hell I'm letting that pedophilic bitch near my son alone.

--**--

Un-edited.

Okay guys! That's chapter three. If it seems fast that's only because I like to get to the point when I write lol. So yeah, try to keep up :).  Vote, comment, fan! :D Thank you for reading this. 

Here's some questions for those who like to think. 

Want a dedication? Just comment ' dedication please' or something to that extent. :D

Here we gooooo! 

In this chapter you find out Ian's fear; flying. Do you think knowing his fear (one of his weaknesses) will help Ava uncover more of him? Will that aid her in breaking him down? Or will that make her more compassionate to him?  

Do you guys like the nicer, gentler Ian or the more aggressive Ian?

And finally, do you think Elaine will hurt Danny? Does she appear more grandmotherly or more predator like?

** P.S. So, you know I really love you guys with all of my heart, right? 

*waits for response* 

*five years later* :3

Yeeeaaahhh soooo, I love you guys!!! And your support means more than anything to me. With that said, would you guys check out my newest story? It's called Killer Run and it's Horror. Sounds cliche but it's far from it. I think you'd love the plot. Umm, the summary is up so if you'd read it and drop a comment, that would seriously make my day. ^_^ Don't get me wrong, I ADORE your comments on this and my other stories, but this new one is a big deal too. So please, please, please tell me what you think. I'll try to post the prologue soon. :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 6.1K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...
18.4K 371 9
When Claire gets forced into a fake relationship for business with a douchebag she just met, her heart shatters into pieces that can never be put tog...
3.6M 89.8K 54
"I don't like him." I murmur against his lips. "It's only ever been you, Noah." He continues to kiss me, his hand now caressing my cheek gently. "H...
426K 10.6K 78
I feel his dirty hands touch me once more and move up higher to my thighs. I try to jerk them away but he locks my arms in his hand above my head as...