Maintaining Harmony (Doctor W...

By puppuphk

Harmony just wanted to go to Comic Con is that so hard to ask apparently so because while waiting for her fri... More

Book 1: Chapter 1
Book 1: Chapter 2
Book 1: Chapter 3
Book 1: Chapter 4
Book 1: Chapter 5
Book 1: Chapter 6
Book 1: Chapter 7
Book 1: Chapter 8
Book 1: Chapter 9
Book 1: Chapter 10
Book 1: Chapter 11
Book 1: Chapter 12
Book 1: Chapter 13
Book 1: Chapter 14
Book 1: Chapter 15
Book 1: Chapter 16
Book 1: Chapter 17
Book 1: Chapter 18
Book 1: Chapter 19
Book 1: Chapter 20
Book 1: Chapter 21
Book 1: Chapter 22
Book 1: Chapter 23
Book 1: Chapter 24
Book 1: Chapter 26
Book 1: Chapter 27
Book 1: Chapter 28
Book 1: Chapter 29
Book 1: Chapter 30
Book 1: Chapter 31
Book 1: Chapter 32
Book 1: Chapter 33
Book 1: Chapter 34
Book 1: Chapter 35
Book 1: Chapter 36
Book 1: Chapter 37
Book 1: Chapter 38
Book 1: Chapter 39
Book 1: Chapter 40
Book 1: Chapter 41
Book 1: Chapter 42
Book 1: Chpater 43
Book 1: Chapter 44
Book 1: Chapter 45
Book 1: Chapter 46
Book 1: Chapter 47
Book 1: Chapter 48
Book 1: Chapter 49
Book 1: Chapter 50
Book 1: Chapter 51
Book 1: Chapter 52
Book 1: Chapter 53
Book 1: Chapter 54
Book 1: Chapter 55
Book 1: Chapter 56
Book 1: Chapter 57
Book 1: Chapter 58
Book1: Chapter 59
Book 1: Chatper 60
Book 2: Chapter 1
Book 2: Chapter 2
Book 2: Chapter 3
Book 2: Chapter 4
Book 2: Chapter 5
Book 2: Chapter 6
Book 2: Chapter 7
Book 2: Chapter 8
Book 2: Chapter 9
Book 2: Chapter 10
Book 2: Chapter 11
AN
Book 2: Chapter 12
Author Note
Book 2: Chapter 13
Book 2: Chapter 14

Book 1: Chapter 25

1.9K 62 2
By puppuphk

We step out of the lift and into Lazarus’s office. The Doctor turns on the lights.

“This is his office, all right.” Martha says looking around.

“So, where is he?” the Doctor says also looking around.

“Maybe he went somewhere?” I ask trying to explore a bit.

“Dunno. Let’s try back at the re” Martha starts to say but notices something “…ception.”

Sticking out from behind the desk a pair of skeletal bones—wearing high heels. We rush over to see the desiccated remains of Lady Thaw.

“Is that Lady Thaw?” Martha says with a horrified look on her face.

“Yeah, or what used to be” I say uncomfortable and somewhat sick to my stomach by what we were seeing and grabbed the Doctor’s hand.

“Now it’s just a shell. Had all the life energy drained out. Like squeezing the juice out of an orange.” the Doctor says with his eyes wide.

“Lazarus.” Martha breathes out trying to think of an explanation as to what happened.

“Could be.” the Doctor says to her still looking at Lady Thaw’s remains.

“So he’s changed already.” Martha says turning to look at him.

“Not necessarily. You saw the DNA. It was fluctuating. The process must demand energy. This might not have been enough.” the Doctor says turning to her with wide eyes.

“So he might do this again?” Martha says and looks at me and I bite my lower lip and slightly nod.

“Hmm.” the Doctor says thinking.

We dash back to the lifts or well Martha does and the Doctor pulls me along even  though I really didn’t want to because of Tish was going to be coming out of the other side right after we left.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

We arrive back at the reception after getting out of the lift.

“I can’t see him.” Martha says as we walk past the musicians who were playing music on a violin and a cello.

“He can’t be far. Keep looking.” the Doctor says looking around and walks on, but I stay with Martha.

“Hey, you all right, Martha? I think Mum wants to talk to you.” Leo asks holding a drink in his hand.

“Have you see Lazarus anywhere?” Martha says not really paying attention to him but still looking around.

“Yeah. He was getting’ cozy with Tish a couple of minutes ago.” Leo says like it was a regular occurrence.

The Doctor joins them moments before Francine.

“With Tish?!” Martha yells with wide eyes concerned about her sister.

“Ah, Doctor. Harmony” Francine says but the Doctor ignores her and questions Leo.

“Where did they go?” the Doctor says pointing at Leo for an answer.

“Upstairs I think, why?” Leo says confused as to why the Doctor asked.

“Doctor— “ Francine starts to say but is cut off by him rushing past her and spilling her drink causing me to sigh.

 “I’m speaking to you!” Francine yells as the Doctor rushes away.

Martha follows the Doctor, stopping a moment to talk to her mother. “Not now, Mum!” Martha says through her teeth.

“I am sorry for his rudeness Mrs. Jones, um but I have to go and keep an eye on him, I really am sorry.” I apologize to her and quickly follow Martha and the Doctor not wanting to get let behind.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

We arrive back at Lazarus’s office the Doctor not even letting the door open up completely just rushing into the room and stops.

“Where are they?” Martha breathes out panting.

The Doctor takes out the sonic screwdriver. “Fluctuating DNA will give off an energy signature. I might be able to pick it up.” the Doctor says and I roll my eyes as he holds the sonic screwdriver out at arm’s length and slowly turns in a circle. Its beeping increases.

“Got him.” the Doctor says as his arm starts to move up and the beeping increases as it moves up toward the ceiling.

“Where?” Martha says confused and I start to make my way toward the stairs.

The Doctor ends up pointing the sonic screwdriver at the ceiling. “But this is the top floor!” Martha starts to protest.

 “The roof Martha, every building usually has a roof!” I yell already making my way up the stairs as they go to follow me.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

“I find that nothing’s ever exactly like you expect. There’s always something to surprise you. ‘Between the idea and the reality, between the motion and the act—‘” Lazarus starts to say as we finally got to the roof.

“’Falls the shadow’” the Doctor finishes and Lazarus turns to see the Doctor finishing the line for him and also spots both me and Martha.

“So the mysterious Doctor knows his Eliot. I’m impressed.” Lazarus says with a smirk on his face.

“Martha, what are you doing here?” Tish says confused and upset that she was ruining he ‘moment’ with Lazarus.

“Tish, get away from him.” Martha says like a command.

“What? Don’t tell me what to do.” Tish says shaking her head at Martha.

“I wouldn’t have thought you had time for poetry, Lazarus, what with you being busy defying the laws of nature and all.” the Doctor says not amused by what was going on.

“You’re right, Doctor. One lifetime’s been too short for me to do everything I’d like. How much more would I get done in two or three or four?” Lazarus says smiling at the end.

“Doesn’t work like that. Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that mattes; it’s the person and how they chose to live their life, not by trying to make it so you are younger or age slower.” I say to him my eyes narrowed.

“But if it’s the right person, what a gift that would be.” Lazarus says trying to contradict what I said.

“Or what a curse. Look at what you’ve done to yourself.” the Doctor breathes out.

“Who are you to judge me?” Lazarus says unhappy.

“Over here, Tish.” Martha says holding out her hand for her sister to take.

Tish walks over to Martha with an annoyed look on her face. “You have to spoil everything, don’t you? Every time I find someone nice, you have to go and find fault.” Tish say unhappy about this.

Behind Tish, Lazarus is having another attack making me flinch and move closer to the Doctor.

“Tish, he’s a monster!” Martha yells at her sister.

“I know the age thing’s a bit freaky, but it works for Catherine Zeta-Jones.” Tish says it like she was proud that she could be with someone like him, but at the sound of growling, Tish slowly turns her head and we see the monster for the first time. It looks a cross between and human skeleton and a scorpion. It rears up.

“Run!” both me and the Doctor yell and we race inside and the Doctor seals the lock with the sonic screwdriver. Martha presses the call button for the lift.

“See this is why I don’t wear heals” I mutter to myself.

“Are you okay?” Martha asks Tish breathing heavily.

“I was gonna snog him.” Tish says horrified about what she was about to do.

Lazarus bangs on the door, alerting the buildings automatic security.

“Security breach. Security breach. Security beach.” Sirens begin to go off and a computerized warning comes over the PA.

“What’s happening?” Martha asks wide eyes at the alarm going off.

“Uh, an intrusion. It triggers a security lockdown. Kills most of the power. Stops the lifts. Seals the exits.” Tish says with wide eyes at the fact that the lifts were now not working.

“He must be breaking through that door.” the Doctor breathes out then turns to us  “The stairs, come on!” he yells and we go to the stairs and run down the stairs, we hear the door crash open.

“He’s inside!” Martha yells in a panicky tone of voice.

“Haven’t got much time!” The Doctor yells back at her and we finally return to the reception panting and the Doctor asks “Tish! Is there another way out of here?”.

“There’s an exit in the corner, but it’ll be locked now.” Tish says  pointing to the corner of the room.

The Doctor tosses the sonic screwdriver to Martha. “Martha, setting 54. Hurry.” the Doctor says and grabs my hand pulling me with him. Martha rushes off followed by Tish. The Doctor jumps on the platform in front of Lazarus’s machine pulling me with him.

“Listen to me! Your people are in serious danger! You need to get out of here right now!” The Doctor yells pointing at the door where Martha and Tish currently were.

“Don’t be ridiculous. The biggest danger here is choking on an olive.” A women says scoffing thinking it was a false alarm.

Glass shatters and Lazarus appears on the landing above before leaping down to the reception floor. Martha and Tish rush to open the door as everyone runs for the exits. Martha gets the door open.

“Over here! This way! Everyone downstairs now! Hurry!” Martha yells and everyone rushes out of the building.

Lazarus closes in on the woman who wouldn’t believe the Doctor and she just stands there.

“No! Get away from her!” the Doctor yells trying to get Lazarus to stop but the woman screams and we hear the sound of her being sucked dry before her shell falls to the floor. Francine is with Leo who slowly comes to as Lazarus approaches.

“Lazarus! Leave them alone!” I yell and he turns to face both me and the Doctor.

“What’s the point if you can’t control it? The mutation’s too strong. Killing those people won’t help you. You’re a fool, a vain old man who thought he could defy Nature. Only Nature got her own back, didn’t she? You’re a joke, Lazarus! A footnote in the history of failure!” the Doctor say running away from the reception hall pulling me with him and up through the hallways, Lazarus following us.

We run onto a service hall filled with all sorts of pipes. We creep through quietly, me however having to take my shoes off.

 “It’s no good, Doctor, Harmony. You can’t stop me.” Lazarus hisses out and we see his shadow.

“Is that the same arrogance you had when you swore nothing had gone wrong with your device?” the Doctor says kinda mocking Lazarus.

“The arrogance is yours. You can’t stand in the way of progress.” Lazarus hisses out.

“You call feeding on innocent people progress? You’re delusional!” I yell out upset about what he was doing, even though I knew I couldn’t change anything.

“It is a necessary sacrifice.” Lazarus hisses out.

“That’s not your decision to make.” the Doctor says and the power goes back on so the lights return in the service hall and we were no longer hidden as we once were.

“Peek-a-boo.” Lazarus hisses spotting up and we look up to see Lazarus on the ceiling.

“Oh, hello.” the Doctor breathes out and starts running from the room pulling me along with him.

We enter a lab. The Doctor fiddles with the battery of a light fixture, leaving wires exposed. He then turns on all the gas jets. He pulls me down with him when we hears Lazarus enter.

“More hide-and-seek, Doctor and Harmony? How disappointing.” he hisses out and it sounds like more things being broken. “Why don’t you two come out and face me?” Lazarus hisses out.

“Have you looked in the mirror lately?” the Doctor says then stands.

“Why would we wanna face that, hmm?” I say finishing his line and standing up as well.

We run from the room, the Doctor slicking a switch as we leaves, causing the room to explode behind us and me putting my heels back on as the Doctor runs into Martha as we reach a corner.

“What are you doing here?” the Doctor says eyes wide.

“I’m returning this.” Martha says happily holding out sonic screwdriver “I thought you might need it.” she says

“How did you--?” the Doctor starts to say but Martha cuts him off.

“I heard the explosion. Guessed it was you.” Martha says quickly.

“I blasted Lazarus.” the Doctor says his yes still wide.

 “Did you kill him?” Martha says and me and the Doctor turn to look to see Lazarus  crashing down the hall.

“No, he more like pissed him off more, probably a bad idea as well, let’s go” I say grabbing Martha’s hand as we run.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

We get back in the reception room. “What now? We’ve just gone ‘round in a circle!” Martha yells as Lazarus bursts in and the Doctor heads for the device me following him.

“We can’t lead him outside. Come on, get in.” the Doctor says opening the door and we hide in the device where we were squished together like sardines me more pushed up against the Doctor and Martha pushed up against my side.

“Are we hiding?” Martha asks panting.

“No we aren’t hiding, we are somewhat stalling” I tell her panting trying not to panic because I do not really liking being in a small space.

“He knows we’re here. But this is his masterpiece. I’m betting he won’t destroy it, not even to get at us.” the Doctor breathes out.

“But we’re trapped!” Martha says eyes wide.

“Well, yeah, that’s a slight problem.” the Doctor says and I snort.

“A little, more light a tight problem” I say trying to get my breathing under control.

“You mean you don’t have a plan?” Martha says annoyed that he doesn’t have a plan.

“Yes, the plan was to get inside here!” the Doctor says to her his eyebrows starting to furrow.

“Then what?” Martha asks him annoyed that he isn’t telling the whole plan or what happens after this.

“Well…then I’d come up with another plan.” the Doctor breathes out and I groan.

“Which, for the record, could have gone better” I say closing my eyes trying to calm myself down. “And this is not helping me calm down, being in a tight place” I mutter breathing in and out.

“In your own time, then.” Martha says and another bang is herd from outside and she turns her head to look or try to look.

In the tight quarters, the Doctor has a hard time reaching into his pocket and is basically pushing me and I stop him but he accidently moves his elbow against Martha.

“Hey!” Martha yells as he nudges her.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry. “ he apologizes still trying to get his sonic.

“Stop, let me get it” I say and move my hand into his pocket and grab it without hitting anyone and hand it to him. “Here we are.” he says grimacing as he shifts and we get pressed up closer to each other.

“What’re you gonna do with that?” Martha says uncomfortably.

“Improvise.” the Doctor says and slides down slowly to the floor and pops open a panel.

“I still don’t understand where that thing came from. Is it alien?” Martha says confused.

“No, for once it’s strictly human in origin., it is Lazarus” I say telling her trying to explain it as the Doctor uses the sonic screwdriver on the wires attached to the panel.

“Human? How can it be human?” Martha says not believing me at all and sounding panicky.

“Probably from dormant genes in Lazarus’s DNA. The energy field in this thing must have reactivated them. And it looks like they’re becoming dominant.” the Doctor says looking up at us then back at the panel.

“So it’s a throwback.” Martha breathes out still confused.

“Some option that evolution rejected for you millions of years ago, but the potential is still there. Locked away in your genes, forgotten about until Lazarus unlocked it by mistake.” the Doctor says giving her a brief history lesson about how it is possible and continues to work on the wires.

“It’s like Pandora’s box.” Martha says and my eyes go wide shaking my head not wanting to think about the Pandorica.

“Exactly. Nice shoes, by the way, both of you.” the Doctor compliments

“No, in no way is this like Pandora’s box, it is far more upsetting” I say shivering just thinking about it.

After a while a  blue light fills the capsule. “Doctor, what’s happening?” Martha  says panicking by the light.

“Sounds like he’s switched the machine on.” the Doctor says looking up at us.

“That’s not good, is it?” Martha says gritting her teeth together.

“Well, I was hoping it was gonna take him a little bit longer to work that out.” the Doctor says still fiddling with the wires.

“I don’t want to hurry you, but—“ Martha says nearly closing her eyes.

“I know, I know. Nearly done.” the Doctor yells.

“What’re you doin’?” Martha yells back at him and I close my eyes not wanting to do this.

“He’s trying to set the capsule to reflect energy rather than receive it.” I say so the Doctor can finish what he was doing.

“Will that kill him?” Martha yells as she looks around.

“When he transforms, he’s three times his size—cellular triplication—so he’s spreading himself thin.” the Doctor says really fast.

“We’re gonna end up like him!” Martha yells to the Doctor and I reach for her hand to squeeze it.

“Just one more!” the Doctor yells and pulls a wire and the energy field changes, moving out from the capsule, knocking Lazarus away. The Doctor opens the door and steps out pulling me with him and Martha following us.

“I thought we were gonna go through the blender then.” Martha breathes out as she goes out of the machine.

“Really shouldn’t take that long just to reverse the polarity. I must be a bit out of practice.” the Doctor says looking upset that he took so long and I roll my eyes.

“It’s because you were having a conversation darling, you got a bit distracted trying to figure out what ot say while solving the problem” I tell him and kiss his cheek as we see Lazarus laying on the floor in human form, naked, on the floor.

“Oh God. He seems so…human again. It’s kind of pitiful.” Martha breathes out saddened by what she was seeing.

“Eliot saw that, too. ‘This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with a whimper.’” the Doctor says frowning and I lean into his side.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Medical services come to take the body, carrying it out on a gurney in a bag. We walk down the step and the Doctor starts to undo his bow-tie and I pout at that. The first to see us was Tish.

“She’s here. Oh, she’s all right.” Tish says and hugs Martha.

“Ah, Mrs.  Jones, we still haven’t finished out chat.” the Doctor starts to say to Francine and I move closer to Martha not wanting to be on her bad side as Francine slaps him on the face.

“Keep away from my daughter, you as well.” she says to the Doctor then at me angrily and I flinch back and Martha moves in front of me.

“Mum, what are you doing?” Martha says angrily and I go to move near the Doctor.

The Doctor puts his hand on his cheek. “All their mothers, every time.” he says and I move his hand and lightly kiss he cheek.

“I’m sorry” I say to him stroking my thumb over his cheek.

“They are dangerous! I’ve been told things.” Francine says to Martha not happy.

“What are you talking about?” Martha says with a glare on her face.

Francine takes Martha by the shoulders. “Look around you! Nothing but death and destruction!” Francine says.

“This isn’t their fault. They saved us, all of us!” Martha yells pushing her mother’s arms off her shoulder.

“It was Tish who invited everyone to this thing in the first place. I’d say technically, it’s her fault.” Leo says trying to move the blame onto Tish and she elbows Leo in the side. There’s a crash and the Doctor looks at Martha before running off with me.

Eventfully Tish joins up with the Doctor and Martha, and I as we run down the street where we see the ambulance, the doors open and the medics merely husks.

“Lazarus, back from the dead. Should’ve known, really.” the Doctor breathes out and takes out the sonic screwdriver and searches for Lazarus like he did earlier.

“Where’s he gone?” Martha breathes out looking at the Doctor.

“That way. The church.” the Doctor says looking up at the Cathedral.

“Cathedral. It’s Southwark Cathedral. He told me.” Tish says and we make our way to the Cathedral.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Inside the cathedral, they proceed up the nave, the Doctor in front with the sonic screwdriver held out in front of him.

“Do you think he’s in here?” Martha whispers to us.

“Where would you go if you were looking for sanctuary?” the Doctor questions not taking his eyes away from what was in front of us.

We move forward through the empty cathedral to the open space behind the altar and underneath the bell tower. Lazarus is sitting there gasping, a red blanket from the ambulance wrapped about him and the Doctor puts his sonic back in his pocket.

“I came here before. A lifetime ago. I thought I was going to die then. In fact, I was sure of it. I sat there, just a child…the sound of planes and bombs outside.” Lazarus whispers out.

“The Blitz.” me and the Doctor say at the same time.

“You’ve read about it.” Lazarus says looking at us.

“We were there.” I say looking at the Doctor.

“You’re too young.” Lazarus scoffs at us.

“So are you.” the Doctor points out his eyebrows going up.

Lazarus laughs but it soon turns to gasps of pain as he fights the mutation. “In the morning, the fires had died, and I was still alive. I swore I’d never face death like that again.” Lazarus says.

The Doctor walks around Lazarus slowly, looking up at the bell tower. Martha watches, knowing he’s planning something and I stay with her, not wanting to leave her to do what she was going to do.

“So defenseless. I would arm myself, fight back, defeat it.” Lazarus breathes out panting.

“That’s what you were trying to do today.” the Doctor states.

“That’s what I did today.” Lazarus points out.

“What about the other people who died?” the Doctor says bitterly.

“They were nothing. I changed the course of history.” Lazarus says.

“Any of them might have done, too. You think history’s only made with equations? Facing death is part of being human. You can’t change that.” the Doctor says his eyebrows going up as he says this.

“No, Doctor. Avoiding death. That’s being human. It’s our strongest impulse, to cling to life with every fiber of being. I’m doing what everyone before me has tried to do. I’ve simply been more…successful.” Lazarus says as he groans in pain as his body tries to change.

“Look at yourself! You’re mutating! You’ve no control over it! You call that a success?” the Doctor says.

“I call it progress. I’m more now that I was. More than just an ordinary human.” Lazarus yells out in pain.

“There’s no such thing as an ordinary human.” the Doctor says shaking his head slightly.

 “He’s gonna change again at any minute.” Martha whispers to us.

 “I know. If I can get him up into the bell tower somehow, I’ve an idea that might work.” the Doctor whispers back.

“Up there?” Martha whispers gesturing to the top and the Doctor nods and goes back to circling Lazarus.

“It could work” I tell her and she nods thinking of another way to do this.

“You’re so sentimental, Doctor. Maybe you are older than you look.” Lazarus breathes out.

“I’m old enough to know that a longer life isn’t always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust.” the Doctor says and squats beside Lazarus “If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you end up alone.” the Doctor says with a sad look in his eyes.

“That’s a price worth paying.” Lazarus breathes out.

“Is it?” the Doctor questions him.

Lazarus feels the change again. “I will feed soon.” Lazarus tells the Doctor.

“I’m not gonna let that happen.” the Doctor says shaking his head.

“You’ve not been able to stop me so far.” Lazarus says grinning.

I grab Martha’s arm before she does something and move in front of her and say what she was going to say “Leave him, Lazarus! He’s old and bitter. Thought you had a taste for fresher meat.” I yell at him

“Harmony, no.” the Doctor says with horror in his eyes realizing what I was doing.

Lazarus snarls and chases after me, Martha and Tish running with me.

“What are you doing?” Martha yells at her sister as she follows me.

“Keeping you out of trouble!” Tish yells back as we run.

“Doctor! The tower!” Martha yells as we run up the narrow spiral staircase that leads to the upper level. Lazarus follows and begins screaming.

“Did you hear that?” Tish says as we stop for a second.

“He’s changed again. We’ve got to lead him up.” I say nodding to them starting to run again.

 “Harmony?!  Martha?!” the Doctor yells from down below and Martha peers out of one of the archways in the upper level.

“Doctor!” Martha yells as she leans out from a stone passageway.

 “Take him to the top, the very top of the bell tower, d’you hear me?!” he yells up to her.

 “Up to the top!” Martha yells back.

“Martha…” Tish says noticing Lazarus  making his way along the passage and I take off my shoes and throw one at him trying to stall him, but it seems to piss him off further.

“Then what?” I yell to the Doctor peeking my head out but before he can tell me Tish yells at Martha to go and I follow.

“Martha, come on!” Tish yells grabbing Martha.

Martha and Tish arrive at the top of the bell tower, which is a circular walkway with wooden rails.

“There’s nowhere to go! We’re trapped!” Tish says as we make our way around the wooden rails.

“This is where he said to bring him.” Martha say panting.

“All right, so we’re not trapped. We’re bait.” Tish breathes out looking at me and I nod slight.

“He knows what he’s doing. We have to trust him.” Martha says looking distraught. “Plus he wouldn’t put Harmony in any danger, he would rather get himself hurt than her get hurt” she tell her sister.

“Ladies.” Lazarus hisses and enters, blocking the only doorway.

“Stay behind me. If he takes me, make a run for it. Head down the stairs, you should have enough time.” I say pushing both of them behind me.

“But—“ both Martha and Tish start to protest.

“Just do it, Martha! Tish!” I yell at them and toss my other shoe at Lazarus making him halt for a second then he attacks, swinging down his tail.

Lazarus knocks away part of the wall. I got hit by his tail and fall over, clinging to the edge causing me to scream.

“Harmony!” Martha yells and Lazarus leaps across to stand over me.

“Hold on! Get away from her!” I hear Tish yell.

Up in the bell tower, Tish and Martha were probably holding their heads in agony as the sound waves from the organ resonate in the tight space. Lazarus begins to write. I try to hold on wincing at the loud sound. Lazarus topples over the edge and falls to the floor below and my hand starts to slip.

As I was about to fall both Martha and Tish grab my arm.

“I’ve got you. Hold on.” Tish says to me and I grip their arms tightly.

“Harmony?! Martha?!” the Doctor yells in a panicked voice.

Tish and Martha pull me back onto the walkway and they both sob in relief and hug me.

“I’m okay! We’re all okay!” I yell trying not to sob and then turn to both Martha and to Tish “Thanks. Don’t know what I would have done without both of you” I say smiling at them breathing heavily tears threatening to fall.

“It’s your Doctor you should be thanking.” Tish tells me and nudges Martha.

“Told you he’d think of something.” Martha tells Tish laughs slightly.

“He cut it a bit fine there, didn’t he?” Tish says laughing while panting.

“He always does. It’s more fun that way.” I say sniffling.

“Who is he?” Tish ask Martha.

“He’s…he’s the Doctor. And she is Harmony” Martha says to Tish.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The Doctor runs to the stairs where he hugs Martha first then hugs me tightly and kisses my hair and muttering that I was okay and that he was scared for me, not letting go even after Martha asks him a question.

“I didn’t know you could play?” Martha asks him.

“Oh, well, you know, if you hang around with Beethoven, you’re bound to pick a few things up.” he says letting go but moving his arm around my waist.

“Hmm, especially about playing loud.” Martha says and the Doctor leans forward like he didn’t hear her.

“Sorry?” he jokes and both me and Martha laugh and we make our way back to Martha’s flat, the Doctor after learning about me losing my heels was giving me a piggy back ride the way back.

After the Doctor sets me down we are standing in front of the TARDIS in Martha’s flat.

“Something else that just kind of escalated, then.” the Doctor breathes out leans back a bit after he had opened the Tardis.

“I can see a pattern developing. You should take more care in the future. And the past, and whatever other time period you find yourself in, and you as well Harmony, take care of him.” Martha says shaking her head then smiling.

“It’s good fun, though, isn’t it?” I say smiling and giggling a bit.

“Yeah.” Martha says laughing.

“So, what d’you say, one more trip?” the Doctor says and tilts his head gesturing at the Tardis.

“No. Sorry.” Martha says after looking at the Tardis then back at the Doctor.

“What do you mean? I thought you liked it.” the Doctor says confused his eyebrows furrowing.

“I do, but I can’t go on like this. ‘One more trip.’ It’s not fair.” Martha says trying to get him to say she could be a companion.

“She is right, it’s not fair darling” I say to the Doctor a sly smirk on my  face and he doesn’t realize what I mean.

“What’re you talking about?” the Doctor says looking from me to Martha confused.

“I don’t want to be just a passenger anymore. Someone you take along for a treat. If that’s how you still see me, well, I’d rather stay here.” Martha says unhappily.

“Okay, then. If that’s what you want.” the Doctor says finally getting what my smirk meant and smile wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

“Right. But we’ve already said good-bye once today so it’s really best if you just go.” Martha says and walks away from the TARDIS, keeping her back to it. When the Doctor doesn’t say anything, she looks over her shoulder.

“What is it?” she asks him confused as to why we weren’t leaving.

“What? Martha he said okay.” I say smiling at her.

“Sorry?” Martha asks confused.

“Okay.” the Doctor says and nods his head at the TARDIS.

“Oh, thank you! Thank you!” Martha says and hugs both him and me while laughing

“Well, you were never really just a passenger, were you?” the Doctor says and goes to enter the Tardis but I shake my head.

“I gotta go meet up with someone, I’ll see you soon” I tell him and lightly peck his lips and go to grab my converse that I had grabbed them and start to put them on ad the TARDIS dematerializes and Martha’s phone rings.

“Hi, I’m out! Leave a message!”

“Martha, it’s your mother. Please, phone me back. I’m begging you. I know who this Doctor and Harmony really are. I know they’re dangerous. You’re gonna get yourself killed. Please, trust me. This information comes from Harold Saxon himself. You’re not safe!” Francine says into the answering machine and I shake my head still wondering why or how the Master knew I would be at that party. It caused me to shiver at the thought of not knowing why.

“Now to see who texted me earlier.” I say and take out my phone to see who it was from.

Little Red: You are visiting right? You said you would visit soon, please visit.

I smiled and quickly texted her back.

Me: I will be there soon ,just gotta get my brother to drop me off, see you soon Little Red.

I quickly went out of Martha’s flat only to run into someone, that someone being “Jack!” I yell and hug him as he spins me around.

“How did you…” I start to say but he cuts me off.

“You told me, so let’s go to Leadworth to see your friends?” he asks an I nod.

“Yes, off to see Little Red, because I absolutely do not want to get hit with a cricket bat.” I say and he shakes his head and leads me to a car and we get in and drive off.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

It didn’t take as long as I thought, but that might have been because I might have fallen asleep.

“Ladybug wake up, I need you to wake up so I can drop you off” I hear Jack say and I groan.

“Fiiiiine, thanks Jack” I say opening my eyes and lightly kissing his cheek. “What time is it anyway?” I ask him and he shakes his head.

“Morning, it’s morning, now go meet up with your friends, they seem to be expecting you.” he says and I smile.

“Bye, Jack see you later” I yell and make my way to go find Amy.

“HARMONY!” I hear someone yell and I am thrown into a hug with Amy hugging me tightly.

“AMY!” I yell back and hug her tightly, then realizing that the Doctor would be here maybe in a few months, also realizing she was in a costume.

“Let me guess, detective kissogram?” I ask her and she nods.

“Of course, though, it took you long enough to get here” she tells me placing her hands on her hips and I bit my lower lip.

“I had a party to go to, that’s why I responded later” I tell her and she pouts.

“You said he would come this year, why hasn’t Raggedy man not come yet?” she asks me and I sigh.

“Sometime this year Amy, believe me, he is an idiot, and does not know how to drive his Blue Box at all, that is why he is late, but I think when he does, a cricket bat is a helpful tool.” I tell her and she give me a slight glare and I put my hands up in defense.

“Just saying, how is everything going?” I ask her and she looks at me.

“The usually, boring, nothing to do, no Raggedy man to see” she tells me and I sigh.

“Amy, he will be here, I promise, and I don’t tend to break my promises, okay?” I tell her and she nods.

“I have to go it seems I am wanted somewhere else, but remember, he will come back, but when he does give him a good hit on the head, might help him remember what he said” I tell her smiling as she disappears from my view and I find myself in a bathroom?

“Oh, I think I'll be conducting this interview, Penny.” I hear a women’s voice say and then those someone’s leave and I breath out only to hear someone open a stall door and I open mine as well only to see Donna Nobel there and I realize where I am as her mouth opens wide.

“Harmony” she says quietly and I nod at her and she grins and pulls me into a hug, but then notices what I am wearing. “Why are you in a dress, and when did you get here?” she asks and I shake my head.

“Uh, I was at a party” I tell her,

“Do you know where the Doctor is?” she asks and I shake my head, she has to wait to find him, plus he is kinda on the roof, so better not.

“No, no idea, just kinda got here, anyway let’s see what Miss. Foster is up to.” I say and grab her arm as we sneak out and follow them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 1.8K 71
The powers within have been steadily growing, buying time until the moment of remembrance. The moment swiftly approaches. Wanda's fears are coming to...
127K 4.4K 66
ignite /ɪɡˈnʌɪt/ catch fire or cause to catch fire. •✽• Fool me once, Doctor, show me the stars. Give me a reason to believe in the Universe and I wi...
9.4K 133 102
ᴇʟʏꜱɪᴀɴ (ᴀᴅᴊ.) • ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴏʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ; ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇʟʏ ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ; ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ • ᴊᴜʟɪᴇᴛ ꜰʀᴇɴᴄʜ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ ʟɪꜰᴇ. ᴀ ɢɪʀʟꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ, ᴀ ᴊᴏʙ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀ...
503 53 8
I frown at him, squinting slightly at his forever-apologetic face. "Because, Michelle, you are the girl that should not exist," And that. That shatt...