Inkstorms and Inkjets (Splato...

By vashen01

You're an Inkling, finally moving into Inkopolis Square. You go to your new place and start to settle in, but... More

New Beginnings [1-3]
Wait, what? [4]
Seriously? [5]
Called it. [6]
Continue! [8]

Time's up. [7]

1.7K 30 21
By vashen01

[Vashen: I'm dangerously low on ideas. I sat down to write this and my head went completely blank. I had something similar to an idea, only that it was shitty. And that's no good. I'm hoping that I'm not throwing this in too early. Welp, back to my memes.]

You looked around Octo Valley, taking it all in one more time. You'd been tirelessly working at clearing this place from Octarians, and you had even gotten a new place! But.. today was your last day as working as an agent. You heard the door to Cuttlefish Cabin open, to see Marie step out. You walked over.

Y/N: "Heya, Marie." She looked up at you, before smiling a bit.

Marie: "Heya, 4."

Y/N: "It's been an adventure, huh?" Marie nodded a bit somberly. It seemed she was kinda sad for it to be ending so quickly.

Marie: "You can say that again." The two of you chuckled, before standing there silently.

Y/N: "Well, we should probably get this done. That Zapfish isn't going to safe itself." You grinned and turned to run off, only to be inturrupted.

Marie: "F-Four!" You turned back around.

Y/N: "What's up?" Marie seemed to hesitate.

Marie: "...It was fun." You smiled.

Y/N: "It was the best sleepover of my life." You grinned at your lame joke before running off. Marie gripped her umbrella as she giggled slightly to herself. 

[TimeskipTM brought to you by Vashen writing some romantically tense dialogue!]

You felt dizzy after getting launched off that spinning disk. 

Marie: "Let's do this, 4!" You got over your sickness and nodded.

Y/N: "Right!" You hopped on the launchpad which shot you to another, much bigger platform.

On the platform, was a structure, and in it was a familiar inkling girl. Marie recognized her almost instantly.

Marie: "C-Callie!?" Somehow, Callie heard her. She turned around with her arms crossed.

Callie: "...I told you to leave." 

Marie: "Callie... why...?" 

Y/N: "U-Uh, I don't think I--"

Callie: "Now you leave me no choice! Prepare to be rocked!" 

She struck a pose, and if anything you just felt... awkward?

Callie: "Hey, DJ!" The structure lifted out of the ink, to reveal an octarian sitting in some sort of... hovercraft. Under it was the Great Zapfish, which got sucked into the machine and then let out a loud tone.

???: "DJ Octavio in da hooooouse! GWA HA HA! I remixed Callie's brain!"  

You looked at the huge machine in a mixture of disappointment and slight disgust.

Y/N: "It takes an entire Great Zapfish to power that hunk of carp...? What an inefficient piece of--"

Callie: "The first song of tonight: Bomb Rush Blush!" To be honest, you were kind of hoping for this one to be good.

DJ Octavio: "Time to drop the beatdown!"

Callie: "Spin it, DJ!"

You immediately started coating the floor around you with ink as the machine shot it's fists at you. You ducked away as they hit the ground, before Sheldon barked advice in your ear.

Sheldon: "You can use your ink to shoot the Octobot's fists back at Octavio!" You grinned and inked one of the fists up, shooting it back towards Octavio. The other fist retracted before you could do anything. 

You ran around, inking the platform and dodging fists. You managed to shot both of them back, causing Octavio to fall out of his Octobot.

Marie: "Now, 4!" You lit him up, inking him until he was launched back into his Octobot. 

Callie: "Guh! Come on, Octavio! Step it up!" 

Marie: "Callie! It's me! Snap out of it!" 

Y/N: "Alright, now for the next set of punches..." 

You readied yourself, only to be surprised when a series of bombs were lobbed at you. You yelped in surprised before ducking away in your ink and dodging away from them. 

Y/N: "Hilarious, Bomb Rush Blush, pink bombs, haha..." You got the joke, but the stress from fighting for your life wasn't helping your humor. 

The Octobot shot two more fists at you. You readied your weapon, before shooting at them, only to find that they were ineffective. You panicked and dived to the side, before standing up.

Sheldon: "Oh, right. I forgot to mention you can't repel spinning fists."

Y/N: "That kind of info would be extremely helpful next time!" The fists retracted, letting you ink the surrounding area in your color. 

Marie: "I'm on my way, keep it up, 4!" You grit your teeth.

Y/N: "That's a bit better said than done!" 

You dodged around the fists, before getting near the center of the platform again. You shot the next barrage of fists, sending Octavio flying. You shot him back into the Octobot, panting as Marie's voice came in through your headset. 

Marie: "I'm here!" Marie aimed her rifle at Callie and took a shot, blasting the glasses off Callie's face. 

Y/N: "What--?"

Marie: "It's a low-tide ink!"

You dodged out of the way again as another volley of bombs was thrown at you. You looked up at Callie to see she was clutching her head.

Callie: "Oooh... my head...."

Marie: "Callie! Snap out of it!" 

Callie groans as you dive out of the way of another barrage. Marie flips on a CD Player, which starts playing Spicy Calamari Inkantation.

Marie: "Don't you remember that heavenly melody!?" 

Y/N: Please tell me it's as simple as blasting my favorite Squid Sisters song.

You dived out of the way as another barrage came at you. Marie strikes a pose, and Callie weakly does the same.

Callie: "The one and only..." 

.

.

.

I... I remember...

Callie: "YEAH!" Callie jumps from the Octobot onto the truck Sheldon is driving as the two start doing their routine and singing Spicy Calamari Inkantation.

Sheldon: "THE SQUID SISTERS ARE BACK!" You grin.

Y/N: Well, looks like that part of the job is finished. 

You look at the Octobot.

Y/N: Now for the other part... Before you could do anything, you noticed a drone carrying a package. You caught it before the drone sped off.

Sheldon: "Agent 4! That's a modified version of the Rainmaker! Show me what you can do with it!" You grinned again.

Y/N: "With pleasure!" You looked up at Octavio who seemed just about done. He started going up, out of range of your weapon.

Marie: "Stop him, 4! End this!" You quickly got onto the launchpad as a thought slipped into your mind.

Y/N: How is she singing and talking...?

You landed on rails to your surprise and you quickly regained your balance. You looked ahead before charging up a rainmaker shot and blasting back a fist as it came soaring towards you. Just as soon as you had, a spinning fist came for you, prompting you to jump over it. You landed on the rail next to the one you had been riding, before you quickly caught you balance again. You exhaled, calming your nerves. Rails in extremely high places had never been your strongest suit.

Octavio: "I can't resist the beat any longer! Splat you Squid Sisterrrrrs!" You chuckle. It made sense to you. It was a good song.

You kept going, dodging fists and blasting them back until the Octobot faltered, falling to the ground.

Marie: "Now, 4! Get to Octavio and hit him with the Rainmaker!" 

You did as she said, jumping from the rail. You let out a scream of both fear and defiance as you plummeted. . .

[TimeskipTM brought to you by me! Yeah, boi! Me!]

Marie pulled up to your place and the two of you got out. 

Marie: "Well... here we are." 

Y/N: "Yeah." 

The two of you stood in silence, before Marie spoke up.

Marie: "Callie and I decided to make a new single. Make sure to listen to it, alright? I don't want you becoming uncultured again." You giggled.

Y/N: "Yeah, yeah. I will. I promise." 

You picked up your stuff and gave her a smile.

Y/N: "I'll see ya around, Marie." 

Marie: "You bet." 

You grinned and walked off. Marie watched you walk around the corner before sighing.

Marie: "It was fun... Y/N." She turned to get back in her car before you peeked back around the corner.

Y/N: "Uh.. Marie?" She jumped and turned around.

Marie: "Y-Yeah?" You waved her over.

[TimeskipTM brought to you by *insert your own ad here!*]

Marie: "You got scammed." The two of you walked out of the police department.

Y/N: "I worked really hard to get that Cash! And I got scammed, again!"

Marie: "Maybe you should've done more research?" 

Y/N: "I did my research! A lot of it! I stayed up all night checking everything to make sure it was legit!" 

You exhaled and scratched the back of your head in frustration as Marie got in her car.

Y/N: "Oh, you're leaving?" Marie looked a bit confused.

Marie: "Aren't you getting in?" 

Now you looked confused.

Marie: "Well, you don't have a place to stay again, so why not stay with us?" You felt surprised. You didn't think she'd help you like this again. You smiled.

Y/N: "In that case, I'll take you up on that offer." You got in the car. 

While the two of you drove to her place, Marie had a face of relief all the way there. 

[Vashen: Oh my gooooooooooooooooood, it's doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone! I did it! I saved the world! I got caught up in some life stuff, so I wasn't able to finish it as soon as I was hoping. getting rid of everything when I was half way done didn't help either, considering I did this thing over twice, but I think I'm finally happy with the result. Anyway, I'll see you bois next time. 

Or whenever I release/post something.

Whichever comes sooner.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499 0 18
When Callie is late to the Halloween party, Marie agrees to tell the others a story to kill the time. The story takes place long ago and is about a s...
138K 1.3K 32
Engage in a unique take on the world of Splatoon where boundaries blur and ink becomes a gateway between realities. "This is some Tron type stuff" ...
19K 181 25
Welcome to the new world, human.
6.7K 159 16
Inkopolis has all kind of people in it. From stars, to elite shooters and all in between. But not everyone is normal there. There a couple of Octolin...