Lilah

By AshlynPope

#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1: Butterflies
Chapter 2: CIA Spy
Chapter 3: Sugar
Chapter 4: Sober
Chapter 5: Nineteen
Chapter 6: Dangerous
Chapter 7: Mistake
Chapter 8: Grasshole
Chapter 9: Friends?
Chapter 10: Hugs
Chapter 11: Jake
Chapter 12: Destroyed
Chapter 13: Drugs
Chapter 14: Nothing
Chapter 15: Selfish
Chapter 16: Miami
Chapter 17: Childish
Chapter 18: Karma
Chapter 19: Yours
Chapter 20: Drunk
Chapter 21: Sway
Chapter 22: Enough
Chapter 23: Retaliation
Chapter 24: Amazing
Chapter 25: Stargazing
Chapter 26: Dumb
Chapter 27: Crackhead
Chapter 28: Done
Chapter 29: Reassurance
Chapter 30: Herb
Chapter 31: Party
Chapter 32: Apples
Chapter 33: Weird
Chapter 34: Baby
Chapter 36: Bud
Chapter 37: Suspicious
Chapter 38: Club
Chapter 39: Flowers
Chapter 40: Christmas
Chapter 41: Scared
Chapter 42: College
Chapter 43: Jessica
Chapter 44: Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 35: Doctor

1.8M 34.5K 159K
By AshlynPope

❀Azalea❀

I've never seen anyone milk something as much as Grey has been. I swear he's the definition of pitiful.

On top of him milking everything, he won't even get his lazy booty up to go to the doctor. I've just about had it.

He sniffles from beside me and I pass him a tissue and he takes it. I look over at his poor little pitiful self.

Bless his heart.

I place my hand gently on his forehead and it feels as hot as hades. It's obvious his fever is making him hot too, considering he's only wearing his gosh darn boxers.

I mean, I'm not one to complain about that but I know he doesn't feel good. Bear knows it too. He lays his head on my legs, never taking his eyes off Grey.

But for three days he's had this going on and it's only getting worse. At first, I noticed his nose getting a little bit stuffy and then he started getting tired and now it's a combination of all kinds of stuff.

He sniffles again.

"That's it. Get your gluteus maximus up. We're going to the doctor," I stand up and he looks at me like something's funny.

"No, we're not."

"Yes, we are," I assure him, "get dressed."

"I don't want to," he argues.

"I don't care, you're pitiful, you're going."

"I'm not pitiful," he disagrees.

"You look like you've been dragged behind a horse," I push his wild dark hair back and he closes his eyes briefly.

"I don't like going there," he grumbles.

"But you know it'll make you feel better so get up and put clothes on. I'll even drive, you can sleep in the car," I persuade him.

He stands slowly and I smile. I smile up until he mumbles something about throwing himself off a bridge but I choose to ignore the comment.

I follow him into the bedroom to monitor him. He doesn't even look at the closet as he lowers himself down onto the bed. I let out a groan.

"Grey, I'm going to tie a rope around your ankle and connect it to the back of my car and drag you to the doctor."

"I'm not going."

"You're not winning this."

"Yes, I am," he argues.

Jokes on him because the longer he's sick, the longer I don't want his lips on me.

"You're being ridiculous," I sit on the bed next to him.

"No."

"We can do anything you want after, but you need to go," I try and convince him. There's plenty of stuff to do after. We could go eat, we could go get him all the jerky he wants, anything.

"We can't do what I want," he flits his eyes up at me.

"Why?"

"I wanna fuck you but obviously you're not going to let that happen," he grumbles. Can he be any more of a hornish man?

"You're gosh darn right I'm not gonna let you do that to me. Now if you go to the doctor," I trail off.

"It would still be a no," I finish, "but you can get better quicker if you go to the doctor and then we can talk about it."

"I'm going to get better anyway, I'm not going," he rolls over, his back now facing me.

I think about kicking him in the back but I refrain. Brat.

I walk around to the other side of the bed. I run my hand down his arm and as his eyes clothes, I yank my arm down to the small amount of hair he has under his belly button and I pull it.

He lets out a groan, pulling my hand off.

"You have no consideration for me and how I feel," he turns his head and buries his face and the pillow.

"We'll watch the scariest movie ever when we get home if you'll go to the doctor," I continue trying to convince him and he only grunts.

I still don't understand why those types of movies are pretty much the only ones he actually likes. I find it weird that he doesn't even get scared.

He can watch a terrifying movie and then go to bed with his feet hanging off the bed and everything.

After movies like those, I have to be curled into a ball with the covers covering every part of my body.

I walk to our closet and pick out some comfy clothes for him to wear. Because that mother trucker is going to the doctor.

"Grey get your buns up," I poke his lower back.

"Not going," he grumbles back.

"I will stand here and dress you myself," I warn and he turns over to me.

"How 'bout you undress and then we'll go from there," he reaches his hand out, gripping onto my upper thigh.

"I'm going to roundhouse kick you in the pelvis," I narrow my eyes at him.

"Mhm."

When my violence tactics don't work, I tune in to my persuasive, guilt-tripping tactics.

"Grey," I start softly and quietly, seemingly upset. I even add in a small sniffle and he's turning around looking at me.

"I'm still not going."

~~~

"Are you allergic to anything?" I peer over at him. He sits beside me, his milkshake in hand, and a grumbly look on his face.

"Being here," he grumbles, "and stupid fuckers."

I look down at the paper and then the room sort of filled with people waiting to be called into the back.

Dang right he's at the doctor's office.

"I'm not sure I'm allowed to write that on the paper," I tell him and he rolls his head over to me.

"Is that milkshake making you feel better, sugar?" I smile innocently. He narrows his eyes at me.

I take that as a yes and I continue doing the paperwork he's supposed to be doing but doesn't feel like it, of course.

A middle-aged woman comes and sits in the seat right beside him and I feel him tense. I roll my eyes at him. He's truly pitiful. He shifts toward me, away from the poor woman who had no choice but to sit in the seat next to him because there were no other seats.

I finish up the paperwork and hand it back to the desk lady. She gives me a smile and I feel my heart grow a bit at that smile so I smile back happily.

I return to my seat and Grey drapes his strong arm over the top of my chair.

"Still love me even though I made you come?"

"That's what she said," he and I both utter at the same time. I turn my head into his arm to conceal my laughter.

"I still love you," he kisses the top of my head.

"If I get your sickness, I'm suing you for all you're worth," I warn him and he nods, already knowing the consequences since I've already told him them multiple times this morning.

The door to the back opens and a woman in light pink scrubs looks down at a clipboard.

"Grey?" She calls out and he doesn't move until I push his arm forward. He finally stands. He looks down at me.

"What are you doing?" He questions me.

"Do you want me to come with you?" I ask. I didn't know he wanted me to come with him. He looks at me giving me a look that says 'that's a stupid question.'

"Yes, get up," he grabs my hand and pulls me up carefully. The woman gives the two of us a smile and she motions for us to follow her.

Grey grumbles something about how he's not doing this poop by himself in certain choice words.

We enter a room where a patient chair sits in the middle of it and she tells Grey to take his shoes off and to get on a scale. He turns up his nose at that but I nudge him, silently telling him to quit it.

She tells him to sit on the patient table and I just barely see his jaw tense.

What a baby.

He sits and glares at me while she takes his blood pressure. All I can do is smile at him.

"Okay, your doctor will be in in a few minutes," the nurse smiles and exits the room. Grey immediately gets off the large seat.

"I'm not fucking sitting there," he grumbles.

"I'm not freaking sitting there," I mock him oh-so maturely.

There's only one guest chair and I'm sitting in it so he's gonna have to suck it up. Big baby.

On the other hand, I did drag him here.

"C'mere you poor sweet soul," I stand from my seat and usher him to sit in it. He gets up and takes it happily.

Then he pats his lap and widens his legs a bit more than he usually does when he sits.

"It's inviting, ain't it?" He hooks his finger in one of the belt loops of my pants and yanks me down onto him.

"You're hornish," I whisper, kissing his forehead and standing from his lap. I stand beside the chair and he leans his head over to me.

The door opens and a nicely dressed man walks in, a computer in his hands.

"Hello, I'm Dr. McKinus," the younger man smiles, showing off his pearly whites. I don't think Grey likes him very much by the way he flits his eyes up at me in a look like says 'why did you make me come here?'

He also just looks way too unhappy.

I wait and the doctor does too. Grey makes no movements and doesn't even acknowledge the doctor. I roll my eyes at him.

"This is Grey," I pat his shoulder. Then I spot the polo dress shirt the doctor is wearing.

Good Lord. I sigh internally.

"It's nice to meet you Grey," he flits his eyes up at me, "and.."

"Azalea," I smile. 

"Azalea," he says before looking down at his computer.

"So, tell me a little about what's been going on," Dr. McKinus looks at Grey. Grey only shifts in his chair.

He's the biggest and most ridiculous dramatic drama queen I've ever met in my entire life.

"He's been really sniffly, y'know a runny nose, pressure in his sinuses and stuff like that," I explain, giving Grey's back a small pinch.

"And this has been going on for how long?"

"I'd say three days or so," I nod and he types on his computer.

"Fever?" He asks.

"Yes," I nod once again and he types some more. I lean down to Grey.

"You're being the ultimate crackhead right now sugar," I whisper in his ear and before I can pull away he kisses me on the cheek and smirks. I scrunch my nose at him and he returns it to me.

"Okay Grey," the doctor stands, "I'm going to need you to come sit up on the table so I can examine you."

Grey doesn't move. Can he be any more of a handful?

He gets up slowly and moseys slowly over to the table. The doctor backs up a bit at seeing the size difference between Grey and him. Especially when Grey narrows his eyes at him, he backs up. I only pinch the bridge of my nose, shaking my head.

The whole examination is just terrible. Not once does Grey stop glaring at the poor doctor. Dr. McKinus doesn't even want to touch Grey and I don't blame him.

Awkwardly the doctor tells us he's got a sinus infection and that he's sending a prescription to the pharmacy before leaving swiftly.

Then that's where Grey has the audacity to turn to me with pity-me-eyes.

Freaking crackhead.

~~~

"C'mon darling," I pull on his hand, "I know you can do it."

He grunts. I climb onto the bed and flatten myself on his bare back. I kiss his shoulder twice.

It's been a day since going to the doctor. Grey continues to be a crackhead.

He turns over suddenly and places me back down onto him. I land right on his goody.

"Fuck me," he trails his hands up my sides and I gasp. He grips onto my thighs and spreads them further apart, pressing me down onto him further. I gasp at the feeling.

He grasps the bottom of my shirt and yanks it off of me leaving me only in my amazing light blue underwear and matching sports bra. I can't believe I'm actually matching.

"I said we can't do this until you're better," I warn him, starting to slide off.

"Yeah well there are positions where I'm not face to face with you so," he grabs onto my leg and pulls my butt against the front of him.

"I can do this way just fine," he squeezes my hips.

"Against the wall is good too," he starts pulling my underwear down and I get hot.

"What did you eat?" I mumble breathlessly. Something made him extra hornish.

"Not you yet and that's the problem," he tosses my light blue underwear somewhere and pushes me down on my back.

"Wait!" I call out, gripping onto his hair.

"I promised Mr. Terrip I'd be at the store by twelve-thirty," I grumble and look over at the clock which says that it's already twelve-twenty.

My words go right over his head as he lowers his mouth down onto me anyway.

He pulls away after making me feel like I'm floating on a cloud and he grips onto my hand.

He sits me up and instead of kissing my lips, he kisses my neck. After kissing it, he wraps his huge hand around the base of it. He never squeezes he only holds his hand there.

"Ride me," he grumbles out and my eyes widen.

Jesus forgive us.

~~~

"I don't think I've seen you in about ten years," Mr. Terrip says unhappily.

"I know," I hug his skinny frame, "Grey's held me hostage."

"I have chronic back pain now," I grasp my back.

"Oh really? From what? What happened?" He wonders and my eyes widen. Why did I tell him that?

What am I supposed to say? 'Oh yeah Grey killed my back this morning while we were having sexy time. Oh also, that's why I'm here late.' I think not.

"I fell off the bed last night. I just rolled off," I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Did you hit your neck, too?" Mr. Terrip's eyebrows furrow in concern as he looks at my neck. My eyes widen.

"Yep," my voice raises an octave.

I need to have a three-hour-long church session in my car. And Grey needs to be there too but nowhere near me. He can sit in the trunk, all the way in the back.

"I'm gonna get to work," I give him a smile and rush to the bathroom. I enter and straight away see the hickeys on my neck. I swear he rarely ever gives me them but when he does he might as well been sucking my whole neck off.

I go back out and grab a handful of books from the bookcart to put away.

Hardly ten minutes later the bell above the door rings and I'm almost tackled to the floor by Abby.

"I can't believe I'm about to say this," she jumps excitedly and I feed off her energy. 

She grabs my hands and twirls me in her arms. I laugh at her energy.

"Roman asked me to be his girlfriend. Girlfriend. Not a friend that's a girl but an actual girlfriend!" She hugs me to her tightly.

"Aw, I'm so excited for you," I swing us back and forth.

She deserves someone who's amazing and although I don't know Roman all that well, I know that he's a great guy.

And if he doesn't treat her right, he'll have to answer to me and I am so talented in the combat and spying area, he's got no chance against me. 

"I saw your car in the parking lot and I just had to run in here and tell you," he calms down a bit.

"I can't wait to tell Grey," I smile. I would've said that he's going to be excited but he doesn't get excited. He probably won't care but I'll make him care because I care.

"Okay, I have class in twenty minutes so I have to go but I also have this for you," she reaches into her jacket pocket and takes out the information I asked her to get for me. I open them up and look at them.

"I printed it out for you just to make it easier instead of just taking a picture of it," she explains. I bring her into another hug.

"This spring will be great, don't worry, I'll be there with you," she assures me, knowing I'm nervous.

"Thank you," I squeeze her tight.

"Of course," she says, "Grey went a little crazy on your neck, huh?"

"I told him he's not kissing me because he's sick and so he does this. I don't even have anything with me to cover it up and I'm not about to go see him and all those guys with it being as obvious as it is," we pull away.

She tells me not to worry about it and she drags me to her car where she proceeds to quickly cover my neck up with her makeup. We're pretty much the same skin tone so it all worked out perfectly.

After Abby and I say our goodbyes, I take a couple of hours to wander around the store doing whatever Mr. Terrip needs me to do. Dust, arrange books, put away new books, clean the windows, and whatever else he needs to make up for all the time I wasn't able to come here.

By closing time, everything he needs to be done is done and I feel accomplished with myself. I even got a few minutes just to myself.

Of course, I love Grey and I love spending time with him. But, without a doubt, there are times where he can be quite the character and everyone needs time to themselves.

Now I'm fully ready to slap the daylights out of his booty.

We close up the store and I give Mr. Terrip an extra long hug goodbye before he gets in his car and drives off.

I decide to walk to the restaurant to breathe in the fresh air. I even see an older couple which makes my heart grow.

To top it off, they said hi to me. I don't think I've ever felt so special in my life. Are they my grandparents? How much money does it take to hire grandparents?

I check the pockets of my jacket and the pockets of my jeans. In the end, I come up with thirteen cents, a squished piece of gum in its wrapper, and some foreign object that looks like it was placed in my possession without my knowledge. I narrow my eyes and look around me. The old couple is gone and the only people around me is one pregnant woman and a middle-aged man who looks like he's got a lot of money.

I look closely at the object. I've had the jacket for years so lord knows what it actually is. I throw it away in a nearby trashcan and make it to the restaurant.

"Look who it is," Jonas' voice just brightens my day as soon as I hear it.

"Hey little boy," I give him a smile and his rolls his blue eyes.

"You still have no tits," he grumbles.

Not what Grey says.

"You still have a small peepee," I chuckle.

"Witch," he narrows his eyes at me.

"This could've gone much better if you would've just told me where exactly Grey was as soon as you saw me," I shrug.

"In the very back, outside," he flicks a crumpled up straw wrapper at me and I catch it in my hand before it hits me in the throat.

"You wish you could do what I just did," I fake throwing it at him and he flinches, closing his eyes. Right when he reopens them, I actually throw it at him and it hits him in the cheek. The face not buttcheek.

I start walking toward the back but not before turning to him once more to call him out on how much of a loser he looked like just now.

"How does it feel to be the biggest loser here?" I smile, and he only flicks me off.

I walk all the way to the back of the 'meeting room' where the door to the outside leads and I bust that thing open.

When I see Grey looking all bootylicious I smile. A group of six of them play basketball on the hoop that I didn't even know they had out here.

Shouldn't they be attempting to run a restaurant? Or even attempt to be finding crime-committing people?

Sidetracked by Grey being shirtless and pure gorgeousness, I forget that he's supposed to be sick.

I'm going to give him a wet willy.

I watch him for a minute because quite frankly I cannot help myself. Now I know I don't know a lot or even a little bit about basketball but it seems to me that Grey is pretty darn good.

He scores a few buckets or baskets- I don't even know the freaking terminology, and even a few thinks that is like a dunk or something, I'm done trying to figure it out though.

Someone calls a timeout and I cross my arms across my chest.

"Hey, babydoll,"  Oaklee calls over to me, wiping his bare chest with Theo's shirt who is gaping at him with disgust.

Grey looks over at me and his lips turn up at the corners as he starts walking toward me.

"I don't think it's a good idea to be out here without a shirt on when it's mid-fall and you're supposed to be sick,"  I raise my eyebrows.

"It's sixty degrees today and," he sniffles, "I am sick. But I was sicker earlier."

"I'm happy you breathed in air and got better, why doesn't that happen to every sick person I wonder?"

He leans forward and wraps an arm around my waist pulling me to him and leaning down to my ear.

"I think you cured me this morning," he bites my ear and pulls away.

I look up into the sky and I close my eyes.

"What are you doing?" he questions.

"Praying which is something you need to do," I mumble and he kisses my forehead.

I finish my prayer and open my eyes. He still stands in front of me, a baby smile on his lips.

"Are you good at this basketball thing, or what?" I question and he shrugs.

"Look at him being all humble," Oaklee walks up to us, obviously hearing our conversation.

"He played in high school. Almost went to college for it too. Kentucky, was it?" Theo calls out. Grey only rolls his eyes.

"For real?" I question. He never even told me he used to play it.

"Just 'cause I did it and was good, doesn't mean I loved it," he dismisses it. I furrow my eyebrows. If he didn't love it, what was the point of putting his time into it?

"I'm confused then."

The guys wander off, picking the basketball up again.

"I started it because I never wanted to go home," he shrugs, "I just did it to do something. I was never looking to go somewhere because of it, I never wanted to. I like what I do now better."

"Oh," I mumble.

"That's enough, c'mon," he pulls me to the 'court'.

Watch out guys, I'm the real competition. Theo throws me the ball.

"Shoot it, show us what you go," he encourages me.

"Absolutely not, I have no athletic bone in my body, not even the metal parts of me help in any way," I refer to the right side of my body.

You would think having metal plates in your body would make you cool and indestructible but in reality, it does nothing for you.

"C'mon Azalea," Linc encourages me. Why do they all have their shirts off, good lord.

"I can't even walk properly and y'all want me to-" I pause, catching sight of Grey as he stretches his arms, causing his back muscles to tense. I snap out of it forgetting what I was saying.

You know what? Who cares. Maybe I'll shoot it and make it and I'll become the next Michael Jordan. Except the girl version of him. Why don't I know any girl basketball players? Actually, I do. Her name is Azalea Delilah Carson.

I shoot the ball and it hits the orange rim thing and as I sit there watching it with my mouth slightly open, I don't have time to react when it comes back and hits me in the face.

This feels like deja vu.

"Why didn't you move out the way?" Oaklee throws his head back laughing like I can't punch him in the jugular.

I grab onto my nose and groan quietly. Can you get burnt from that thing? Because I feel like my nose is on fire. Oh my gosh, my nose is gone, isn't it?

It's on the floor somewhere.

"You watched it hit you," Theo stomps his foot, barely being able to breathe through his loud laughter all while he hangs himself around a laughing Lincoln.

"Y'all shut up," Grey pulls my head into his chest but I feel his stomach tensing as he tries to hold back from chuckling. I slap his stomach.

"Let me see it," he tilts my head up and looks at my nose.

"It's broken, isn't it?" I sigh.

"Without a doubt," he nods.

"You still love me even though it's crooked and falling off?" I question and he hesitates. I lightly kick his shin.

"I guess," he says and I pat his booty once. I turn around and look at those three rude people who laughed at me in a weak moment.

"Y'all are going to H-e-double hockey sticks, I hope you know that," I point at them.

♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦

I know it's been a while, sorry y'all. I'm not even kidding when I tell you that this week started off as the worst week ever. I struggled during exams and then I had a personal problem that lasted for almost the rest of the week. But now, we're all good for at least a little while. I appreciate y'all being patient with me! And happy late Thanksgiving!

*Not edited*

Word count: 4500

-Ashlyn M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 67.7K 124
COMPLETED - When Isabella arrives at college, she's determined to keep her head in the books and go by unnoticed. Yet, life had other plans for her...
227K 3.6K 36
{completed} They say opposites attract, the good girl + the bad boy. The grumpy + sunshine. She's intrigued by his eyes, maybe it's because they sha...
382K 8.8K 42
[ONGOING] "What would you do if I die?" "Die." "Oh you would die?" I mumble and he nods giving me a small smile. "What would you do if I die?" He...