It's complicated {complet...

Amirala_ tarafından

So we have a freshman who is obsessed with Nutella, Dylan O'Brien and Ramen noodles. She calls herself a geek... Daha Fazla

Nice to meet you
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
The end

46

45 3 1
Amirala_ tarafından

2 years later

"So what do you think made you overcome your past?"

"That's a good question. A very good one haha. Well to be honest at first I ran. I ran away. I thought I could run away from myself but it's not quite helpful that wherever you might go, yourself is always coming with you. But as far as I can say, I have encountered a lot of not so nice things in my past. I was rather always seen as the sister of, the daughter of, the worker for, the worker of, the someone's someone. I was never seen as myself, as an individual, what made it hard for me to be myself. I could never. Because I was never seen nor accepted as who I am.
But coming here, starting college I was finally seen. There was no sister, no parents, no boss, no one anyone could've known before. So coming here it was just me and people just started liking me for being me you know? And god, to say realizing this was easy? Looking back it was probably one of the most painful things. People actually started liking me for being me. No one judged me or ordered me around. That might sound amazing but it was painful because it opened up my eyes about how mistreated I actually was in my past. How everyone has just left me and how fake all of my friends actually were.
But one of the things I have truly realized throughout the time I spent here, is to appreciate. Appreciate every single moment of happiness. And I am not talking about moments in which you are genuinely happy, no, even the smallest moments in which just the tiniest smile is formed on your lips. The moments in which you forget about your problems even if it's just for a second. The moments in which you don't want to actually take your own life. Appreciate these moments and embrace them. Because they are worth holding on. No matter how deep you think you are falling there is a way up. There is a way out. It is not going to be easy, it is going to be painful but with people who genuinely love and accept you and it may be only one single person, but with this person, you can make it happen. But you just have to believe in yourself. Don't give up. There is a way to make the pain stop. And you might not see it yet, but there is one.
And god I wish I could say that I just lived on, forgot about what happened in my past and forgive them but I can't. It hurt me so much and to this day I continue to ask myself why I am as not enough. What I could or should have done differently to fit in. And I wish I could stop it. I wish I could just be happy about having true friends now but I just want to know what I did wrong. Because that is what I made myself believe. That I did something wrong. But actually it was not my fault. Sometimes you simply don't fit in the circles in which you are supposed to fit in you know? And it took me years to finally understand it but now I do. And I don't want to say that I'm done and overcame everything because I didn't. Not yet. There is still way to improve, but I'm getting there and I am surrounded by people who love me and help me every day to overcome it." Mrs J takes off her big glasses and gives me a big smile. A genuine one.

"I think my job is done here Maya."

"Huh?"

"You are ready. And like you said you have beloved people around you who help you. You don't need me anymore. My job is done. And I am really proud of who you became and what you have achieved so far."

"So what now?"

"Now go and live your life. Do some remarkable mistakes. Have fun. You're only young once. Your graduation is coming up. And don't worry you'll still see me around, just not as your therapist anymore."

"Thank you." I don't know what else to say. The words are stuck in my throat but it's enough for her. She understands me and simply hugs me very tight. This woman has done so much for me and was always there for me. She was someone who saved my life.

"Hey gorgeous." I step out of the building and am greeted by most still most beautiful as ever boyfriend of now 2 and a half years.

"Oh my god you're here." I almost run him over, totally surprised to see him. I didn't expect him to be here.
Time flies by. I finished my undergrad and my graduation ceremony is coming up this Saturday. Zane graduated last year and unsurprisingly was drafted by the Bruins. He's super busy with practice and the upcoming season in a couple months.

"Of course princess. I wouldn't wanna miss out your graduation."

"God, I love you. I've missed you." My arms are still wrapped tightly around him, listening to his steady heartbeat. It's surreal, him actually being here with me. I haven't seen him for the past 4 months, due to both of our schedules being crazy and I just finished my last exam.

"I missed you too baby. Ready to go home?"

"Mhm."

"Come on we'll get your car later."

So far the Grace foundation has succeeded tremendously throughout the last two years. We helped a lot of young people and gave them great opportunities of turning their lives around. Thanks to my good grades (and still kinda being a geek) I got into Med-School in Harvard. So I'll be moving in with Zane during the summer. Things with my family have slightly improved, mostly only with my dad. My mom is still the same stock up bitch, ganging up with Gigi who also still very much despises me for getting the whole entire heritage of Pops. Sorry not sorry.
Isaac is killing it in football, he made the varsity football team as a freshman. Very proud of him.

"Hey Princess."

"Mhm?" We're currently laying in bed, snuggled up, my head on his muscular chest listening to his heart beat. It is one of my favorite sounds in the world.

"We're going out for dinner tonight."

"We are?"

"Yeah. I made reservations at the Iridescence."

"You wanna drive out to Detroit?"

"Yeah and you better get your fine ass dressed up." To emphasize his words he smacks my butt, hard.

"Ouch. Okay, okay I'll take a shower. Care to join?" I get up and give him a seductive smile.

"Like hell I will." He almost tackles me in excitement and I let out a shrine of surprise. Boys will be boys.
After a nice long shower, I do my hair and makeup, head back into my room and am surprised to find a beautiful dress spread out on my bed.

"You like it?"

"I love it." I put it one, grab some heels, my purse and phone and next thing I know is we're already at the restaurant.

"You ready for all of this to end?"

"Hm. Kinda. I don't know. I'll miss it for sure, especially V and Maddy and stuff. But I guess it'll be fine. I'm more like excited for what's going to happen next you know? How's practice?"

"It's going. It's actually kinda rough. A lot of new things it's not like playing in college anymore you know?" I absolutely know what he means. This is his life now. Last year he was mainly the sub, but he already played a bunch of games, this year though, he is going to be a first-stringer, meaning he is going to play basically every single game. So yes it is definitely a game changer but he loves it and I know that it makes him happy.

"I'm proud of you, you know."

"What for?"

"Making it. Your dad would be proud too. He probably totally flipped his shit though when he found out that you turned down the offer from the Leafs."

"Nah he'd understand. Couldn't leave my princess." I just roll my eyes. We got into a big fight last year before the draftings. I wanted him to go but he refused to move out of the country. He actually wanted to sign the Redwings but I convinced him not to pick a team because of me, hence the fact I'd leave for Med-school soon either way. Well here we are now and everything's fine so yeah we worked it out.
"How's Isaac?"

"Growing. I swear he's soon gonna be taller than you. And he started actually working out a lot. He looks like a whole new person. But he's boomed for football season."

"Of course he is. Still can't believe he wouldn't want to play hockey though."

"I told you. We're a foo all family honey." He rolls his eyes dramatically, but I'm not missing the big smile forming on his lips.

"You ready to move though? I know it won't be easy for you to leave Isaac behind..."

"He'll be fine. Dad started caring somewhat about him. And he's a big boy now, he knows how it works. Focus on school, football, get good grades and zoom he'll be in college soon. And besides it's not like I'm gonna be at the other end of the world. It's just Boston, he can come visit us, we'll visit him. So yeah he'll be fine."

"You know Chloe is excited for you to finally stay permanently." Chloe is Zane's puppy I got him when he moved. She's a beautiful but crazy husky, with a huge attention-seeking problem.

"Oh so am I. Who's taking care of her right now anyway?"

"One of my teammates. He loves her and gives her lots of attention. He also just broke up with his girlfriend so I don't know who of them could take a better use of all the attention to be honest."

"You guys are always so dramatic."

"Don't pretend you don't love it."

"Nah I don't. But I love you so it's fine. Anyway you ready to leave?" We already finished up and just sat, talked and enjoyed each other's company.

"Actually no." He gives me a smile but I can sense how tense he suddenly got. He's nervous. Why? But he also suddenly gets up and walks around the table right next to me. What the hell is going on? I thought he didn't want to leave just yet? Huh?
"Princess." He suddenly kneels down in front of me.

"What on earth are you doing? Get up." I try to push him but he just starts to smile brighter.

"Hold up. Princess when I met you three years ago, you legit ran me over. Like twice. And I've been the biggest jerk you've ever met, but I fell in love with you the very first second I laid my eyes on you. I know I'm not an easy person, but we've managed a lot of shit together and oh fuck it. Will you marry me Maya Grace White?" He opens his blazer and grabs a tiny velvet box. When he opens it I see a beautiful ring sitting in there.

Oh.
Holy.
Fucking.
Shit.
Wait this is not a dream.

"Are you for real? Like seriously?"

"Like super serious. Unless you don't want...."

"Oh my god. Yes. YES. Yes. In a thousand languages yes." The probably biggest smile ever, forms on my lips and I cup his face in my hands and kiss him.

"Holy shit i was so scared you'd say no." He laughs as he gets up.

"Oh shut up. I love you."

"And I love you. Forever." He says as he slowly puts the ring on my finger.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

27.4K 866 45
"You'll know Carson Grey when you see him" No girl can resist his charms and good looks, but not Aria...or so she thought. COMPLETE *TRIGGER WARNING...
35.7M 1.5M 57
|| Highest Rank - #1 in Teen Fiction || Ever broken into Disney World at three in the morning? Ever pranked the police and almost gotten arrested f...
1.5M 35.4K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...
163K 3.2K 56
The captain of our soccer team, Xavi Parker, a beautiful, young, athletic boy. The college girls were obsessed over him and his boys. The boys were j...