Celeb Date

By 32_books

What would it be like to win a date with Hollywood's best looking actor? But there's one problem. You don't e... More

Chapter 1- The Beginning
Chapter 2- Luke Green
Chapter 4- Threes's A Crowd
Chapter 5- Breakfast With A Celebrity
Chapter 6- Beach Day
Chapter 7- Our Ugly Reality and A Powdered Donut
Chapter 8- Dinner for Two
Chapter 9- A Dinner Date With An Injured Pride
Chapter 10- If Glares Could Kill
Chapter 11- Hospital Visits Are the Worst
Chapter 12- Maybe Silence Isn't Golden
Chapter 13- It's None of My Buisness!
Chapter 14- A Prank That Beats All
Chapter 15- Brad or Logan?
Chapter 16- Dinner For Four?
Chapter 17- Hot Chocolate
Chapter 18- Reporters and Coffee
Chapter 19- Ashley
Chapter 20- Always Time for Coffee is Always Hiring
Chapter 21- Soap Operas for a Girl's Soul
Chapter 22- Charity Ball

Chapter 3- Coffee With A Celebrity

299 13 2
By 32_books

  I sat in the passenger seat of Luke’s 2014 Mustang, feeling out of place.

  He pointed out the window.

  “Is that it?” He asked pointing to a building to the left of us.

  I nodded.

  “Yup. That’s it.”

  We pulled up in front of Always Time for Coffee. I started to unbuckle, but Luke stopped me, putting his hand over mine.

  “I’ll get your door. 

  I groaned inwardly. So he was one of those guys. This was going to be a long day.

  He opened my door, holding his hand out for me. I grabbed his warm palm, letting him pull me out of the car. I rushed up to the window and smiled when I saw that the shop was mostly empty except for two old women sitting at a booth in the back corner.

  “Shall we?” Luke asked, holding his arm out to me. At first I didn’t know what to do, but then he wrapped his arm around mine, and we walked into the shop, the bell jingling above us.

  I felt the warm aroma of coffee tickle my nose and I smiled.

  I walked up to the counter, lightly dinging the little bell on the counter.

  “I’ll be out with you in just a minute!” I heard my mom call from the back.

  I chuckled.

  “No rush.”

  My mother stepped out, wiping her hands on her apron.

  “I’m sorry… Oh hello,” She looked next to me, taking Luke in.

  “Hi mom,” I said, sending her a grin.

  I heard Luke chuckle beside me.

  “No wonder the name Always Time for Coffee sounded familiar. 

  I noticed our arms were still linked, and I carefully pulled mine away. Luke stepped back a ways, giving me enough personal space. I turned back to my mom.

  “I would like a latte please,” I said, stepping back so that Luke could also order.

  “I would like the same please.”

  My mom smiled, nodding.

  “It will be right out.”

  I walked over to a small two person booth, sliding into the side closest to the counter.

  Luke took the opposite side.

  My mom came out five minutes later, carrying two lattes.

  Luke thanked her, handing her a twenty dollar bill.

  “Your total only comes to seven dollars.”

  Luke smiled, pushing the twenty into her palm.

  “I know. Please keep the extra.”

  My mom blushed, smiling.

  “Thank you.”

  “So this is a week thing?” I asked, feeling shock run over me. This wasn’t a day date. This could last a week.

  “It could even be a month. It will depend.”

  I groaned, placing my forehead in my open palm.

  “Is there something wrong with that?”

  I took a deep breath and looked up.

  “Nope.”

  Luke smiled.

  “Good.”

  He took a sip of his latte.

  “This is delicious.”

  I smiled.

  “When I was little my mom would make me milkshakes. They always tasted so good. One day I asked her why. She told me it was because she put a secret ingredient called love into every cup. For years I believed her. Then I learned how to read recipes and I never once saw love listed as an ingredient.”

  Luke laughs, nearly choking on his swig of latte.

  “It sounds like your mom is really sweet.”

  I nodded.

  “She’s the best.”

  I hear a sigh from behind me, and I see my mom standing a few feet away from us, listening in on the conversation. 

  I laughed. 

  “Hi mom.”

  She sent me a shy smile.

  “Is that the nice boy I got a call from this morning?”

  I nodded.

  “I’m Luke Green,” Luke said, extending his hand.

  My mom gave his hand a quick shake, before returning her hand to her side.

  Her eyes went wide.

  “Wait… so you really are Luke Green. Ashley wasn’t making this all up? I thought you were just pranking me earlier. I was kidding about the phone call. I thought it was one of Melissa’s friends from school.”

  Luke smiled, sending me a sideways glance.

  “Nope, it’s really me. In the flesh.”

  My mom’s mouth formed a perfect ‘o’ at that moment and it took all I had not to break into a fit of laughter.

  “I’m sorry dear. I had no idea,” My mom starts, but Luke waves her apology aside.

  “With teens these day how would you know?” He says it so truthfully that I almost believe he means it, but I can see the flicker of amusement in his eyes, and I know he’s joking around.

  She nodded.

  “That’s true.”

  I took a small sip of my latte.

  “Would you be okay with me taking Melissa out today?”

  My mother smiled, nodding vigorously.

  “Absolutely.”

  Just then the door jingled and I looked over, seeing a tall man walk in the store. I recognized him right away and smiled.

  “Dad!”

  He turned toward me, giving mom a quick hug first. My parents divorced when I was only eight, but have always been friends anyway. I always thought it was pretty lame, but at least family gatherings weren’t awkward.

  He walked over to me, ruffling my hair.

  “Hey pumpkin.”

  I instantly wished we had left a few minutes earlier.

  My dad’s gaze traveled to Luke.

  “Hello Sir,” Luke gave my dad a curt nod.

  “Hello?” My dad sounded like he was asking a question.

  “This is Luke Green,” Mom said, “He’s taking Melissa out for a trip around town today.”

  My dad let out a loud guffaw.

  “Like she doesn’t already know her way around town?!”

  Luke held out a hand.

  “If I may sir, I would like to explain.”

  My dad shrugged.

  “I’m all ears.”

  Luke cleared his throat.

  “My manager brought up the idea of a drawing, the prize, a date with me. I was skeptical at first, but I gradually warmed up to the idea. Your daughter won, and that is why I am here. I hope this is all okay with you,” I watched my dad’s face. He finally nodded, but then a wicked smile crossed his face.

  “It’s alright with me as long as you take Ashley with you guys.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 2.6K 51
WRITTEN BY SOFIA VITORATOS ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 💡Fictionalized under true facts 💡 🛑*MATURE CONTENT*🛑 [PUBLISHING] 🏆1st Place in Chicklit by The...
185K 6.9K 35
I had never paid much attention to celebrity gossip or what was going on in Hollywood because that was so far from the lifestyle I lived as a poor co...
159K 2.9K 49
Previously known as The Accident --------- She is beautiful. So fucking beautiful. She is a star and I would become an astronomer for her and I woul...
12.1K 461 38
"So, let me get this straight," I looked at him weirdly, raising my hands slightly in exclamation. "You like me?!" I asked him in disbelief. "Like or...