The Undisclosed Union

By Bubblydana

Katelyn Victoria Darcy, daughter of the late Viscount of Montgomery, whose privilege life has a drastic, chan... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 36

Part 35

20.4K 623 18
By Bubblydana

Published: Dec. 17, 2019---September 30, 2020

"Jared, how many times did I told I would go to your office once I'm done with my work here? You don't need to go down."

"I am just picking up my wife from her workplace so we can eat together. What is wrong with that?" He is right, of course, but the problem is her colleagues.

She returned to the finance department from her sick leave, which lasted for two weeks. Jared at first doesn't want it. His reason, it was okay with him before for her to leave his office as planned as soon as Phoebe comes back from her maternity leave because she was not pregnant. Now that she is, he changed his mind because his child will be the priority, and to ensure everything will be alright, she should be near him.

When she accused him of loving her only because of her child, he immediately consented to let her go back to her old department.

There was tension in the air on her first day of work, and she knew what the reason was.

It was because last Monday, the photos of her and Jared's private wedding had leaked in public and so everyone in the office knew of her status.

She suspected it was Meme's doing because nothing personal about the Steele's family came out unless they wanted it known; besides, the picture was so visible it's inside the mansion. One of the workers had probably taken it when they were signing the contract, with Meme's consent.

As both of them were not celebrities, their marriage became a topic more in the business news. Briefly, in the fashion news too because of Charlize. But it was more about the ending of the on and off relationship of the latter to Jared.

Pictures of Charlize's dating other men even before Jared's marriage and having a relationship came out. This time she asked her grandmother, and the latter admitted to doing it. Her reason, it was her way of imparting to Charlize the basis of why she can't accept her as the future bride of his grandson. At the same time, because Jared is a gentleman. She was sure her grandson would not do anything which will ruin Charlize's reputation.

A hand touched her face, which made her mind returned to the present, and looked at Jared.

"I thought you don't like public display of affection. As I remembered, you had announced it before in the chat room that dating inside the company is prohibited. How come you are behaving like a besotted lover in front of your workers?" She asked.

"I only said, "Dating will be banned within the company if there will be a decrease in the Employees Performance Index." Everyone performs well, including me, so it never happened."

"Oh!"

"Yeah, it's true. Do you want proof? We can go to HR and asked, especially my performance." He told her with emphasis on the last words.

In which she just looked at him, defeat on her face while thinking. "Sometimes, this husband of hers can be conceited too. The problem is she cannot find an excuse to dissuade him from coming to their office."

For the past two weeks, since she resumed working, his presence in her department never fails every time the clock struck at forty-five minutes past eleven. All her colleagues then walked like a robot inside their office, so scared of him. She knew if they can complain, they will tell her to go back to his floor.

"Of course, she doesn't want to go back there. She wanted to climb up on the ladder, not swift up."

The next few days, his routine continues, and this time she let him be, surely he will get tired of it too later on.

By Wednesday night, Jared invited her friends for dinner in their apartment to her gladness. She had not talked to them like they used to because, at work, they were all busy, and during lunch break, Jared picked her up too.

After they ate, the men went to Jared's study room. The three of them went to the recreation room to watch some movies, but before they can settle for a film to watch, Katelyn apologies to her friends for not being truthful.

They just hugged her and told her that there would be no more unexpected truth; it was okay for them. Besides, they had also benefited from her.

Nicole told her she could socialize with people that, even in her dreams, she can't imagine doing so.

Tess, on the other hand, also said if, without her, she will not even be able to mingle with Blake and be pregnant with his child.

It was then she asked Tess if Blake already knew about the baby.

"No, he didn't know yet."

She and Nicole then looked at each other, and the latter was going to say something, but it was cut off as Jared came inside, wine in his hand.

Blake and Mark followed at his back, each with a glass or two in their hands.

Everyone settled on the couch. Jared sits beside her. Tess and Nicole in the middle of the sofa while Blake and Mark on their opposite.

As the evening progressed, Katelyn was not listening to what everyone talked about, Jared's yacht. Her mind is busy finding a solution on how to help Tess.

In the end, Nicole solves it. In her drunken state, she accused Blake of being frugal in buying a rubber, thus leaving Tess in a delicate condition.

Silence reign inside the room at what she had blurted. It was Jared's tapping on Blake's shoulder while saying "welcome to fatherhood" with a laugh, broke it.

It was then Tess walked out of the room with Blake running after her. Nicole, on the other hand, slept in their guest room.

By Friday, they only stayed in the office until two in the afternoon and went straight to the Steele's Mansion. She was surprised there were again people from the fashion house when they arrived, so she asked Meme about their presence.

It turns out, the tailor and his assistant are there to fit the dress which Meme had ordered for her. It is for the party they will be attending tomorrow.

The next morning, she woke up to the sound of a chopper. Jared wakes up too, and so she asked him if the sounds were from a helicopter. As if her question reminded him of something, he got up and then went to their terrace.

When he entered their room again, he went back to their bed, gathered her in his arms, and hugged her. She asked him what was going on, but then he covered her mouth with his lips. Whatever she was going to say was lost in the rapturous activity they made amidst the sounds outside.

The next time they awakened by a knock on their door. Jared got up and opened the door. Theresa's voice telling Jared about their breakfast was the one she heard before the former came inside, pushing a cart with foods, following her husband.

She asked Jared to reach out for her robe, as shyness of her nakedness under the cover overcome her. Once she covered her body with it, Jared was already in the door going to their bathroom.

Theresa left once she uncovered their food.

After they had eaten their breakfast, she too had showered. They both went down to where Meme is in the parlor area with the make-up artists.

It was then Katelyn noticed that the people inside the mansion were busy. She asked Meme of what's going on, and it was only then Meme told her that the party she was going to attend is her own. Surprised by what she heard, she just looked at Meme, but before she can say anything, someone approached her so they can start her make up too.

When she went out in the garden, there were guests already. She then realized all those noises earlier were from people decorating and arranging the table and chairs. Jared was already there with Mark and talking to some people whom she noticed were mostly businessmen.

Upon seeing her, he excused himself from them and approached her. Their grandmother left her with Jared and walked to the entrance door.

Jared introduced her to the businessmen and the board members of the company who were there.

After the introduction, she looked in the direction to where Meme was talking to some women, and it was then she saw her friends. Nicole is walking together with Tess. She waved with them, and they spoke to her briefly before going to another table.

She felt awkwardness as she saw Lizzy sat down at the same table with her beside Mrs. Blake. The former didn't mention her opinion about her marriage. Still, she felt the disappointment on her friend's towards her through being indifferent.

Charlize was also there, to the surprise of the most, including her. She is with the father of her child and her co-star in a movie.

She knew it was not Jared who invited her because of his shocked face earlier when Charlize arrived. She is positive; the culprit again is Meme.

Foods and drinks are in abundance, and after she was introduced formally to the guest as the newest member of the Steele's family, Jared gave her his welcoming gift. It turned out to be the pink diamond ring, which has been talked about before.

Everyone then teased Jared to start a family the soonest. Meme stands up and announces her pregnancy's good news, which received congratulatory applause and teasing remarks.

Katelyn's eyes then turned to Charlize's direction and saw her dagger's eyes looking at her. She realized then that it was not the end of everything for Charlize, even if she is pregnant with someone else's child. She still didn't give up on her husband.

She looked at where her friends are seated. It was also the time Tess stood up and walked to the door of the mansion. So she turned to Jared and touched his hand, "Hon, I will go and follow Tess inside the house." She told him and then got up.

Jared holds her hand and said. "I will go with you." In which she just looked at him pleading to let her go alone.

"Okay, you can go alone, but take care, okay?" She smiled for a response and then left the table while thinking about how silly Jared can be.

"She is just going inside the house, but he behaves as if it is somewhere far and dangerous." She muttered while shaking her head.

Inside the house, she directly went to the washroom area, but it was empty. Puzzled on the whereabouts of her friend as she was sure Tess went inside the house. She decided to look further until she reached the dining area, still without Tess's presence, so she decided to go back to the garden.

While passing in the corridor, Charlize went out of the columns' concealment in front of her. She pulled her roughly towards the doorway, going to the indoor pool. Before she can protest, Charlize's stopped pulling her and let go of her hand, making her almost tumbled down.

"Do you think you are triumphant because Jared married you?" Charlize accused her while she was trying to regain her composure.

"Isn't it?" She answered back once she straightened up and faced Charlize, whose eyes bulged with her question.

"So, the mousy woman of before turned into a female hyena once she married to the Steele family." Charlize sneered while walking in her direction. "As if I don't know, Jared only married you because of his grandmother."

"So what if he did? It doesn't mean he doesn't love me now."

"Shameless! He was only pretending to love you because of that brat inside you. Once you let it out, you will see he will come back to me." Charlise told her while pointing a finger on her belly.

The maternal instinct within her, who wanted to protect her child from anyone that can harm, made her stepped sideways to put distance between them.

"Aren't you the one who is behaving without shame?" Her question had made Charlize furious as she immediately walked to her. "What did you said?"

"You heard it. You are pregnant with another man's child and still thinking of another one who is already married. Isn't it brazenness?"

It was then Katelyn saw Charlize hand raised to slap her, but before it can land on her face, a hand was on her waist, and Jared pulled her in his embrace.

END OF PART 35

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share with your friends.❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 2.6K 143
"It's time to focus on the company and stop doing disasters, as I see no other option, you will marry Nathaniel." Scarlett's father said. "Son I thin...
154K 4.5K 45
In order to have a full understanding of this book I suggest you read the first part to this book 'Treasure' ◇♡◇ "You and I would always be unfinishe...
39.9M 1.6M 72
Tobias and Talia are complete opposites, yet thrown together in an arranged marriage. Can they navigate married life in the wake of a terrible traged...
164K 5.7K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...