The Malevolent Bond

By keyleehargis

He's the most horrid, audacious Alpha known. His name sends chills down wolves' spines. With a horrible past... More

Before You Read
Prologue
Chapter One|| A Little Training Never Hurt Nobody
Chapter Two|| What Were You Thinking?
Chapter Three|| Talk to me
Chapter Four|| New Era
Chapter Five|| A Coven
Chapter Six|| Haunted
Chapter Seven|| Enough
Chapter Eight|| Who was he
Chapter Nine|| Information
Chapter Ten|| Looking over your shoulder
Chapter Eleven|| Memories
Chapter Twelve|| Dinner
Chapter Thirteen|| Shopping with Evan
Chapter Fourteen|| Fear
Chapter Fifteen|| Trust me
Chapter Sixteen|| Research
Chapter Seventeen|| Fury
Chapter Eighteen|| The box
Chapter Nineteen|| Guilt
Chapter Twenty|| Figuring it out
Chapter Twenty-One|| Alara's Side
Chapter Twenty-Two|| Walkers
Chapter Twenty-Three|| Practice
Chapter Twenty-Four|| The groove
Chapter Twenty-Five|| Anger
Chapter Twenty-Six|| Powerful
Chapter Twenty-Seven|| Backstory
Chapter Twenty-Eight|| The Ball
Chapter Twenty-Nine|| The Goddess
Chapter Thirty|| A night to ourselves
Chapter Thirty-One|| A call upon her
Chapter Thirty-Three|| Darkness
Chapter Thirty-Four|| Darkness
Chapter Thirty-Five|| Pain
Chapter Thirty-Six|| You're okay?
Chapter Thirty-Seven|| EVAN
Chapter Thirty-Eight|| Announcing
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Two|| A talk

19.2K 1.1K 41
By keyleehargis

{Alara's POV}

I sat in shock at the Goddess before me.

"You called...smart figuring out the truth about me, though." she had a small smile on her face.

"Y-you're not mad I figured it out?"

"It was bound to happen at some point. A lot of people question the start of the moon goddess but those are so devoted to me they don't really care to find it out. You though..."

"I'm not a wolf."

"Exactly."

"So everything Alpha Jackson told me...it's true?"

"Mostly. I'm a witch who did some deep and dark black magic, which you already know so go ahead and ask, Alara."

"How'd you contain it?" My hands clenched at my sides as she started to circle me.

"I don't think you want to know."

"But I do! I have lost so much from it. I spent years in complete suffering."

She let out a sigh. "Alara I do not wish that upon you, after all, you're in love with one of my children. Though, it requires much more pain that you are experiencing now. From the vibe I am getting of the dark magic within you, it is not active. That means you've locked it away, no?"

"My brother helped me cage it."

"Ah, yes, the caging spell. A tricky one to do but you're both from the Lavender bloodline so I expect nothing less."

"Please... you've helped the other lunas with abilities just please help me! There's a man out there that is terrorizing me and I just want to be happy! I don't want to be some vicious person anymore!"

Her features softened as she rested her hand on my shoulder. "Alara, I gave those lunas a gift to aid them in the war to help protect their loved ones and my children from war. To win it. I did it because they solely couldn't do it on their own. You, my love, do not need help to protect the ones you love."

"What?"

"You're strong, Alara. One of the most powerful witches I've ever met at the age you're at, and that isn't because you're a witch. It's because of the dedication within your soul. It's because of the pure love your heart contains. It's because you can accept that you did wrong to many people in life and that you want to make up for it. You don't need some gift to get you through a tough time...because you've experienced times that were more than just tough. I mean, look at yourself today." she smiled, bringing her hand to my cheek. "Don't doubt yourself just yet."

"I don't feel that way. This dark magic..."

"Is only a bump in the road for someone like you. You're surrounded by amazing and remarkable people. You yourself are a smart woman. You can't let the dark magic win if you don't want it to. I learned that."

"But how...?"

She sighed, dropping her hand. "I created the wolves. Rumor has it I did it to curse a man. I didn't, though. I loved a man who treated me like a queen and I wanted to treat him like a king. He wanted to be a strong leader as a politician." she let out a small laugh, but I could see the longing in her eyes.

"So I worked with dark magic. I sacrificed my soul to make him happy. I gave him the abilities no man ever had: those of a werewolf. Then, I made him a king. I helped create the royals. Little did I know it would lead to where it did."

I finally started piecing the pieces together. "When your magic created his wolf side, it created a link between the two of you...because black magic thrives off the soul so, in a way, a little dark magic is in every wolf...linking them to you."

"That would be correct."

"That is why Evan was so easily corrupted when I suffered from dark magic." She nodded.

"It's also how you became their goddess. Each of them has a part of their soul in you. It's how you can hear them!"

"Smart girl. I perfected the link after a few years. Though, black magic was eating away at my soul. I had very little of it left and I was losing myself. The man I loved could barely recognize me."

"Was he your mate? Did you created the mate bond between the two of you?"

"No, we actually fell in love without my meddling." she giggled. "Not that I don't like meddling with mates. I do like to pair people after all."

I couldn't help but smile. Something about her was just so...pure.

"Where is he now?" her smile slowly faded.

"He died in a war." My heart clenched at the confession. "You asked how I controlled dark magic? What it took?" She mumbled.

I waited as she looked away in thought. "It calls for a loss." she looked back at me with tears in her eyes. "The loophole to controlling black magic is you have to be as hallow as it is and work yourself through it and grasp it from the core. You have to lose pure love and a love that would kill you if it was ever gone. I lost the man I loved and I went numb."

No...anyting but that.

"So, unless you sacrifice someone you love...you won't be controlling dark magic. Leave it alone and leave it locked away. You're safe now. I don't want you to lose someone you love. It is why I created the mate bond. I want all my children to be able to love and to find that love with someone special. I don't want them ever to be alone. I don't want them to feel what I did. I can control it but that doesn't mean that I'm better or that it's any easier. I was numb at one point and it gave me the capability to attack the magic with the same hallow force it used against me. After I conquered it, I got better but I'm still not the same person I was. Promise me you'll leave it locked up?"

"I...promise." She gave me a half-smile and nodded.

"Good...now let's talk about the man terrorizing you. The shifter. The man I created to help balance supernatural but he turned on me."

"Why can't you stop him?"

"Because there's a slight chance he could stop me. If I die, all my creations will and I cannot let that happen. Me being alive is what keeps the werewolf spell alive."

"So that's why you've been alive all these years? You used the black magic to keep you alive and be a Goddess to your creations?"

"Exactly."

"How can I stop him?"

"I do not have the answer to that, but I do know what can weaken him and that is you and your brother standing together. It's too much power for him. It is why he has tried getting your powers one by one, but if you two join together, the power you two create is more powerful than all the powers he's gained over centuries."

"But if he ends up getting one of our powers?"

"He'll be unstoppable."

"Why can't you use black magic on him, though?" I asked confused.

"Because another part of controlling black magic is that I don't abuse it. That is how it gets stronger. I can use it for a few things but for taking someone like him out...that could possibly make me lose my control again and I don't want to risk that."

"So it's up to me to stop the man you created?"

"Sadly, yes. I'm sorry I cannot be of help. I'm not an actual Goddess...That is just the title my children gave me. I have too much on my shoulders to risk it for a shifter."

I nodded with a sigh. "I'm sorry too...I hope you find love again someday." I replied and I watched as her eyes lit up some.

"I think I will..."

"Thank you for talking to me."

"The pleasure is all mine, Alara. Now, go make me proud and do the one thing I'm not capable of."

"Okay..."

"May you be blessed, Alara. Goodbye." she smiled and seconds later I gasped sitting up.

Evan held me in his arms with a worried expression.

"Baby, talk to me. Are you okay?"

I nodded at Evan and glanced at a worried Alec standing next to him.

"I'm...great."

"What happened?"

"I know everything now. I think I can stop him. I can stop the shifter."

___________________________________________________________

Want the next chapter? Read it for free on Inkitt! Link in my bio!

Everything is happening yall! OH SNAP!

Next chapter is CRAZY.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Its getting serious. Get your tissues ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

879K 41.1K 38
Rumours have it that a certain rogue has managed to create a small pack of rogues. Of course, they're only rumours... right? Within the rogue communi...
22.8K 1.3K 28
Every young wolf is told of how amazing and special it is to find your mate. The other half of yourself, your opposite. No one told of the anguish a...
854K 30.7K 39
Highest ranking #14 as of 12/20/16 WARNING: This story is not all lovey dovey, it's raw, brutal, and is filled with plot holes, now don't comment and...
10.3K 213 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...