Awelewa's Tale

De Ezimadu101

"Their recurrent threats to make things worse if a soul knew what she was passing through changed nothing eve... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
NOT AN UPDATE😔
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 10

82 7 2
De Ezimadu101

======================================

Awelewa and Nifemi watched as Abasi left silently...

Fourth period...

Break time...

Fifth period...

Sixth period...

Seventh...

Eighth...

Ninth...

Time and periods passed, Abasi wasn't back yet and this worried Awelewa. She even declined going for break time with Nifemi because she thought she'd miss his coming. Her mind wasn't really keen on concentrating during her classes and free periods. She would just watch teachers and some students go out and come in; not even contributing to whatever that was said and done.

Rinngggggg! Rinngggggg!

As the bell rang for the end of the tenth period, Awelewa's eyes were glued to the classroom door, hoping that he would come in.

"Awelewa, school's over." Nifemi tapped her shoulder and gave a warm smile. She was pulling her heavy looking bag pack on her shoulders when Awelewa managed to smile back.

"I know, but Abasi and I usually walk home together. I'll wait."

"Are you sure? I mean, I don't mind walking with you today. I'd be so jolly if you show me around this place." Nifemi clasped her hands and pouted.

Awelewa looked thoughtfully.

Well... Nifemi is new here so I guess I shouldn't mind showing her around Lagos. I don't think Abasi would okay with me just staying here.

"Okay. Let's go." She finally said.

"Yes!" Nifemi squealed and grinned.

Immediately, Awelewa started packing her books from the desk slowly; an inner side of her hoping her forslowing would give Abasi some time to arrive. To her disappointment, he didn't.

When she finally finished and placed the dark school bag on her shoulders, strutting out of the classroom door seemed difficult as she lazily dragged herself forward.

After the side greetings and waves, Awelewa and Nifemi finally got to the gate and met the worst. A carefree Chiwendu and Laura was one thing Awe couldn't stand looking at, thus she stopped at once.

Flee...now!

Of course she tried to obey the annoying being speaking in her head. Doing this became abortive because Laura had already started a conversation with her cousin after graciously eyeing her.

Unfortunately, she had to wait.

"Nife, Chichi and I are going home with the car. Won't you follow us?" Her sugar coated words sounded as she playfully pouted.

Nifemi glanced at Awelewa, whose eyes were glued to the floor as she nervously tapped her feet. She knew something was wrong and politely declined.

"Oh come on! We're also going for shopping oh! You know that you promised that you'll go with me when you get here. Don't break your promise na." Laura pleaded.

Silence that filled the noisy air which was sometimes broken by Chiwendu's loud gum chewing, was established. The whole thing completely irritated an anxious to leave Awelewa.

"Okay, I'll come with you." Nifemi finally answered.

For some reason, Chiwendu instantly grinned. "Awesome! With your amazing sense of fashion, it would be mad oh!" She exclaimed.

"Abi?" Laura chuckled. Nifemi's next question changed both Laura's expression and Awelewa's composure.

"Awelewa, would you love to join us? It would be wonderful if you could. It'll still be you showing me around."

Silence.

Very odd one.

Laura and Chiwendu simultaneously stared at the other, their faces soaked with an unshakable annoyance. Nifemi continued smiling as she patiently waited for Awelewa's answer.

So like this, she wants to kill me before my time abi?

"Don't worry, Laura can do that for you. I'll be fine." She finally muttered.

After the hours I've spent here!

"Exactly! It's a family thing." Laura exclaimed and rolled her eyes. From what she saw, Awelewa knew that Laura had other words to say.

Words that would ruin her.

She was obviously trying to hide her hate even though her face was filled with disgust.

"No offense but Chiwendu isn't really family-"

Everything else said became a blur in Awelewa's ears as she caught a glimpse of Deji's demeaning stature. Her brain cells immediately told her to leave.Her shaky legs and sweaty palms showed her fears as her eyes never left him.

Suddenly, he glanced at her, an amused but terrifying look was perfectly plastered on his face. Immediately, her world starting turning and she became dizzy. Apparently, he saw her tremblings. She immediately looked away, hoping he would ignore.

He did?

It looked that way because he continued strutting, not even minding the confusion and anxiety he just caused.

Somehow everything turned back to normal when she started hearing Nifemi's once faded voice.

"Awelewa? You alright?"

She bounced back to reality but couldn't say anything because Laura had to cut in.

"If the excess luggage was gone, probably." She snickered.

"Nifemi, I think you need to go with Laura. She can show you around. I'm already late for my home lessons." Awelewa lied reluctantly while mentally bleeding.

"Oh, right." Nife, disappointedly said. She stared at Laura and continued. "Okay then Awelewa. I hope you enjoy your lessons. Laura?"

"Nini, we're late naww!" Laura glared and pulled Nifemi closer, roughly dragging her. As she did so, Awelewa noticed the way Laura stared, as if it was to tell her a deadly message. She couldn't even understand because her brain was still recovering from... Well you know what.

She watched as Nifemi waved back, despite the fact that Laura dragged her like a mother scolding her disobedient son. Chiwendu walked nonchalantly while staring at her phone screen.

Awelewa was shook her head.

If she dies, they'll say it's the devil...

After they left, a familiar black Range Rover drove in and welcomed the three ladies. It disappeared into thin air as it zoomed away from the school gate.

Feeling an ounce of fear, she finally had to guts to control her legs and start moving. She tried ignoring the fleets of students, flexing with their friends; having the most amazing time of their lives. She sometimes wondered what that felt like. You know, being the attractive center of attention; not the one that a lot of people find interesting to pick on. She immediately wished Abasi was here.

After signing out, due to the school's rules, she finally left Esosa High's premises and walked home.

Inhaling the soft and enticing autumn breeze cooled her burning anxiety. She inwardly smiled, knowing that this was one of the best parts of the day.

Her relaxed feeling was interrupted when she sighted afar,a male stature running towards her. She blinked, twice to be precise, and hoped it would be Abasi.

It wasn't.

She blinked again and saw more than two bodies moving towards her, tightly clutching... an object?

A knife.

The sharp but miniature object brought goosebumps to her skin. An unknown tension creeped in as her heartbeat increased.

As they came closer, she moved backwards, breathing as heavy as she could. She turned around and made attempts to run away but she couldn't.

She saw two other males coming from her back.

The four bodies came closer, with large grins on their faces. The one with a knife kept clashing it with another knife, giving him this rude demeanor.

Hopelessly, Awelewa turned sideways. A pathway, she had been so reluctant to take was in her view and so, she lunged sideways.

Her legs were slow but her mind was faster. She wasn't surprised when she heard noises; noises that proved that was being chased. The dirty leaves on the rough and bumpy tracks didn't bother her as her mind was set on escaping. Even her heavy bag was not going to be a barrier.

Suddenly, a figure that had been hiding from the side grabbed her by her waist. She struggled to get out of his grip but couldn't. She tried yelling for help but couldn't either.

She managed to glance at her attacker's face and found out that he was wearing a mask. In fact, they were all wearing masks once they came to her.

"Stupid b**tch! You think you can go scot-free? Mafo!" A voice yelled. One she could perfectly recognize.

It was Deji's.

======================================

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

7.1K 1.8K 33
Amina Bakare, the first daughter of a wealthy politician and an outspoken, talented teenager who is often bodyshamed constantly for her skinny frame...
581 165 21
The teenage period is usually not always easy. You make mistakes, you learn from them. It's like a moulding phase towards adulthood, which tends to b...
133K 5.2K 27
Being a Muslim girl and in a conservative family with three protective brothers to care for you for your entire life....It makes you spoiled, protect...
14.8K 885 32
"What?" Ethan says in his all too familiar deep, rude voice. Ethan has pitch-black hair, is 6 feet tall, with a solid build. His deep grey eyes are g...