Glass Prison

By andiese

#1 IN MERFOLK (06.2022) #1 IN MERPEOPLE (07.2022) #1 IN MERS (07.2022) #1 IN FAY (08.2021) #1 IN FAIRIES (10... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Tea with Bodhi #1
Glossary

Chapter 27

19K 838 211
By andiese

HIIIIIIIIII!!!!! Sorry for being gone for so long! Now, I wanna thank for all the support, comments and DMs, asking why I haven't been updating, why I have been so absent and asking for my well-being (Thanks so much for that!!!). First off, I wanna state that I am physically well. I had to focus on my mental health since I graduated from college last spring, I no longer need to leave the house as much as I used to and working from home and doing online classes from home, basically being in your house 24/7 can drive anyone crazy. I really couldn't write in that state of mind. So I made a new policy with myself–that I will go somewhere or do something new every weekend. It's been the best! I went to so many new places, done so many cool things and most important, met amazing new group of people that I call friends. I never realized how important it is for your health to have a colorful social life. Afterall, as a writer, shouldn't I go out to make new stories for me to write? With that being said, balancing a social life, work and school has been the hardest thing for me. Now, I realize that writing ten pages a week is time consuming! I've noticed that many wattpad writers here writes less and definitely don't do weekly updates like I do. For a first time writer like me, that's insane! But I hate writing short chapters. So I'd rather give you guys long, juicy, delicious chapters. :P But I won't be able to do it weekly, at least not till my semester is over. :D

Anyway, I wanna thank the Clovers for being super supportive and patient. I am incredibly lucky and fortunate that I am able to share my love for this story with thousands of readers here!

P.S. I will be updating the design portion later when my adobe programs decides to work. :(

Enjoy~

___________________________

Meredith

"How is he trapped here? He's a god." Bodhi's brows scrunched.

Maiara smiled smugly, "The old gods are punishing him for abusing his powers by taking it away."

"The old gods?" I asked, noting that it wasn't the first time hearing the term. My mind flashed to the terms some of the dark fays have said. "I heard the Dark Fays mention a name... Nyx?"

"Has Bodhi not explain?" Maiara's brows raised.

"Ah," Bodhi shifted on her feet awkwardly, "I didn't want to overwhelm her."

"That's understandable." Maraia fills up her teacup with the pot and calmly sipped it. She set the cup aside to lean forward and her eyes met mine, unwavering and deep. "Do you want the unknown to be known, my child?"

"There's more?" I stiffened. What else is there?

Maiara laughed, "Oh, my child, there's always more. The universe is so big that a mind can not even fathom. I'm speaking of the before the beginning."

"Like how–" I gestured around me, "–it happened?"

"Precisely."

I inhaled to answer yes–

"Stop before you answer and think." Maiara interrupted, "You are to learn the secret that humanity has spent eons searching. You have discovered this whole other world, but you have only scratched the surface, my dear child, and you will learn that carrying such truth will fundamentally change you. You will not be able to return to your human world the same."

"I'm–" I stopped when I realized what she was truly asking. She was asking if I really want to break this human cocoon I was living, crafted by society's truth and shielded with answers of science. She was asking me to welcome the unknown and to turn it into the known. The truth that could shake my stable, human life upside down–forever changing my life. I wouldn't be returning to my normal human life... Not when I have the knowledge of what's really out there. The world silenced and a pounding begun in my ears, so loud that it shook my visions. I stilled as a sudden calmness overcame. One strong thought came to me, it'll be okay. My heart slowed its tempo. I will still be Red, but only with more people in my life.

What she didn't know that my human cocoon was already broken.

They were broken and set aflame the moment I met a pair of sea green eyes.

"I should know." I answered and it resonated enough.

"Alright, my child." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her eyes opened and they stared off the distance, recalling the ancient words. "Before the beginning, there was only darkness–the natural state of the universe–and chaos. A pair of goddess twin was born from chaos–Gaia and Nyx. They were polar opposite and Order was first stored. The universe must have a balance or chaos will occur once more. You see, Gaia was created from light and Nyx was created from shadow. Nyx birthed the moon and the stars. Gaia birthed the sun, the planets and lastly, earth. If the balance tilts to Nyx, we'll be in eternal darkness or if the balance goes to Gaia... we will burn. One cannot exist without the other–to know light, darkness must exist and to know darkness, light must exist. It is a beautiful balance and teaching the way of harmony. Without it, we cease to exist."

"Like Yin and Yang," I mused out loud.

"Precisely like Yin and Yang," She continued, "Nyx and Gaia slowly created the world we know of today–Nyx placed stars and the moon in the sky to light up the night and Gaia made trees and clouds to provide shade from her harsh light. Nyx and Gaia eventually birthed children–the old gods. The children gods and goddesses later became rulers of the seelie, unseelie and sea courts, then their kids became the rulers we have today. Pontus and Thalassa, children of Gaia, were the original sea king and queen. They're parents of the current sea king, Neptune. Other gods and goddesses birthed other sidhes creatures–goblins, nymphs, unicorns, incubuses, and many more. "

"So how did fays and mers come about?" I asked.

"It is unwise to pour too fast in an empty cup or it would spill." Maiara grabbed my empty tea cup and slowly poured me more tea. "That's a story for another time." Maiara clapped her hands and I jerked at the sudden loudness. "Now, there's much to be done to prepare for the ritual."

"Ritual?" I asked.

"It's not simple to call for a god." Maiara smiled, then she called out, "Pala?"

Pala ducked under the branches of the tree, "Yes, my elder?"

"Can you show these girls to the river? I'm sure they would want to be cleaned up. We can't have them looking like a mess for the ritual."

Bodhi squealed, "Makeover!"

"Bath," I groaned in relief as my curls stuck to my neck. I was no longer sweaty as the sun had begun to set, but I could feel the dry sweat clinging to me like a grimy layer on my skin. I shuddered of the stench I must reek of. If I am going to be continued to be sniffed by sidhes, might as well smell good.

Pala chuckled, "Follow me,"

I stood up on my sore legs and followed the dryad once more.

The other dryads we now retreating to their... trees? They were walking in and disappearing into the trunk. I blinked and rubbed my eyes. Right, they're dryads. Duh.

"Wow, so, like, they never have to pay rent." Bodhi joked.

Pala laughed, "Nope, since we can't just uproot our lives and move."

Bodhi chuckled and I giggled at her pun. "Very punny."

I dragged my feet across the green moss as the air got cooler. The singing birds retired and night critters started their song. A shade of violet began to crept across the sky, trees cast a long shadow across our path to the river, a distant chatter and laughter echoed across the forest.

"Ugh, river nymphs." Bodhi groaned, "They're so gossipy and annoying."

"Be nice, they're the ones that are gonna help wash up and plus," Pala smirked, "Who doesn't like some juicy gossip?"

"Ah, help?" I stuttered, "What do you mean they're gonna help?"

"They're the river's essence. They ensure the river never dries up and carry the water to the ocean." Pala answered, failing to see my concern. Oh, so the naiad were like dryads of the river. They were literally the water of the river. That left me feeling unsettled.

"I don't–ah, need help washing up. I'm capable of doing it on my own."

Pala chukled, "That's what you're worried about?"

"What Red is trying to say is that she doesn't want anyone seeing her nip-nips." Bodhi said nonchalantly as she swatted at a mosquito.

I sighed at Bodhi's choice of words. "What she said."

Pala laughed, "Dear, I'm sure these naiads will be fine, plus you have nothing to worry about. They're all females."

I shrugged, I was tired and dirty, I was now past caring. I just want to be cleaned and maybe take a long ass nap afterwards. "Alright, this could be relaxing. I hate washing my hair anyway." My curls would probably be dry as the sahara desert afterwards without my conditioner but at least it would be clean.

The path began to slope downward, toward the babbling river. It sparkled under the dying sun and large rocks lounge around the edges. Women in sheer white dresses lounged on the rocks, sun bathing and another were swimming and giggling amongst themselves. My eyes bulged and I jerked my eyes away from some nude women that just walked by without any shyness. I could see why Pala said that I had nothing to worry about.

Pala stopped, "I will leave you here, I'll be back for you guys in an hour with fresh attire." She tilted her head to us in a small bow. Without a thought, I tipped my head in return. Bodhi and I walked near the river.

Then I remembered something. "Bodhi, wouldn't you shift if you get in the river?"

"No, I shouldn't. There's no salt." Bodhi shook her head.

"Huh?"

"Salt are basically crystals that amplifies our power to shift our true forms. Without salt, we're powerless to shift on our own."

"Oh, wow. So if you took a bath or swimming in my pool, you'll still maintain your human form?"

"Yep! I still keep my sexy legs." Bodhi flashed her tanned leg that was beginning to be covered in red mosquito bites. "Ugh, what the hell?" Bodhi grimaced at the angry red mottles.

I chuckled, "The mosquito bites will go away. I have some mosquito repellent for you later."

"Red and Bodhi," A voluptuous woman bounced over to us. Although she was not nude, she wore a white dress that clung to her drenched body, she might as well be nude. I averted my eyes, trying to keep it on her face while my cheeks burned. "Now let me see what's all the fuss is about." The naiad walked up to me and sniffed me. I didn't even jumped in surprise and just stay still, quickly getting used to this. "Oh, a human!"

I rocked on my feet, "As human as I can get."

"Oh I am sorry! I must've made you uncomfortable! Ah, I tend to be blunt so apologies in advance. I am Talullah, but you can call me Tally." She beamed brighter than a ray of sunshine.

"Oh Tally, well, I'm Red and this is–"

"Oooo, and who is this?" Tally leaned to take a whiff at Bodhi who jumped back.

"Hey! Personal space?" Bodhi threw a karate chop at the air.

"Ugh, a fish." Tally crossed her arms.

"Nympho," Bodhi hissed.

"Trout,"

"Thirsty whor–"

"Uhm, do you know each other?" I interrupted awkwardly.

"No," They both say at the same time and glared at each other for that.

"Okayyyy, well, I don't care anymore and can I bathe now?"

"Oh! How rude of me," The naiad hands fluttered around her. "You must be tired! You can strip here and we'll take care of your clothes." She snapped her fingers and naiads in white dresses appeared, waiting for me.

I shifted one my feet, "Uh...."

"Here you go!" Naked Bodhi said while handing the nearest naiad her clothes with her pink shoes. "Don't you dare steal the boots." She glared at the naiad in warning. The blond naiad frowned at Bodhi.

"What the hell? Are you Houdini?" my cheeks warmed, "How did you undress so fast?"

"Houdini? Who is he?" Bodhi walked near me.

I turned away from her, "A magician,"

"Ah! I guess that makes me a Ho'dini." She laughed at her quip and even made a few naiads chuckled.

I groaned at that perverted joke. I begun to strip and handed my clothes to the nearest naiad, muttering thanks.

"Come alone, we got work to do." Tally floated toward the creek, snapping her fingers. "Romy, Hali and Darya–I want you to make Red's curls to be more hydrated than a king with a harem and you two," She pointed at two naiads, "Take care of Fish."

"Hey!" Bodhi hollered. Then two naiads redirected Bodhi down to the river.

My three assigned naiad propelled me to the creek, trailing after Bodhi. The two naiad stepped into the river, then turning to help Bodhi step in. However, Bodhi had other ideas.

"Cannonball!" Bodhi yelled as she leaped through the air to land in a splash. Some naiads giggled while others grumbled. Bodhi's head bopped out of the water while batting her large eyes, riding the water. The two naiads immediately begun scrubbing her down with what looks like a sponge.

My three naiads steered me closer to the river. Two of them went into the river and reached out to help me. I reached out, grabbing hold of their cool hands and stepped in the calm river.  I tensed, expecting a rush of freezing water but it was lukewarm–just perfect for my aching body. My feet met cool stones at the bottom of the river, messaging the arches of my feet. The water went up to my belly button and the warm, slow current swirled around my sore legs, instantly soothing them.

A naiad with freckles splattered across her nose reached out to touch my hair, observing it. She looked up to the other naiad with a dark, pixie haircut. "Romy, can you get the jojoba concoction?"

"Okay, Hali!" Romy chirped as she ducked under the water to only appear a few yards down the river, getting up from the river and walking to the forest nude.

Darya, a naiad with a long braid down her back raised a small glass bottle and sponge. She poured the white content from the bottle to the sponges. She then twirled her finger at me while rubbing a pair of sponges together, creating a foam that smells like jasmine.

"Oh," I turned.

She begun scrubbing me and massaging my back with the pair sponges in each of her hands. I moaned as my muscles loosen under the pressure of her hands and the warmth the sponges.

Hali stood in front of me and directed me. "Raise your arms." I did as she told and she too, had a pair of foam sponges and she went scrubbing every corner of my torso. I tried not to flinch in shyness but focusing on how relaxing it was instead.

I heard a splash and Darya returned with a conditioner. She raised a lableless, glass bottle over my head and scrubbed into my scalp. I nearly wept at how good it felt to have my scalp massaged. My eyes drooped on their own accord. A strong, sweet smell wafted from my head. "What's in that bottle?" I sniffed, "It smells wonderful."

Hali smiled, "Jojoba, aloe vera, and tea tree oil. Something we make to wash curly hair."

"Wow, and I was worried about my hair being dry later."

"You are in good hands, Red. Now lean back, it's time to rinse."

I leaned back and they continued to scrub my hair. I let my eyes clothes and the water rushed into my ears, blocking the outside world and sealing me into a small peaceful world of jasmine and gentle currents that washed my worries away. I sighed contentedly. I could live here forever.

Then I felt a hard poke against my cheek. My eyes jerked open as I sputtered upright, meeting a pair of almond eyes. "What is it, Bodhi?"

"Oh, I thought the naiad drowned you."

Hali scoffed, "Well, I'm more surprised you haven't fought with one of yet."

Bodhi frowned, "But I'm so nice,"

Hali snorted. "I'm not going there. We all hear about your adventures out there."

Bodhi stiffened, "Well, that kinda make you creepy."

Hali sputtered, "Wha–I am not creepy!"

Darya patted Hali's shoulders, "It's no use." She clapped her hands once, "You ladies, are all cleaned up. Time to get you dried off!" She shooed us out of the river. I shivered as I stepped from the warm cocoon of a river and against cool chill of the forest.

I shivered but a towel wrapped around me. "Oh, thanks!"

Romy smiled gently, "Ready to get completely dried?"

"How do you mean?"

"You'll see, stay still." She raised her hand. Then I felt my dripping hair shift and suddenly a stream of water seeped out of my hair and begun floated mid-air between me and Romy. I stared, mesmerized at how the ribbon of water turned and twisted like a live thing, gleaming under the twilight sky. The ribbon got longer as it continued to bleed out of my curls. Romy then thrusted her hand to the side, toward the river and the floating water stream flew right back into its rightful place.

I quickly reached up and touched my dried curls. I gasped at how soft and defined the curls felt. "That was incredible, my hair feels incredible... just.. Wow!" I looked down on me to realize that I was dry every else as well. "It would've taken me all day to dry my hair." I glanced up, "Can I, like come back whenever is hair day for me?"

She laughed, "You're welcome to come back! It's the least we can do for helping us riding the dark fays."

I stilled as chill crept up my spine, before I opened my mouth to say anything–

Bodhi skipped to stand next to me still completely nude. "Whoa, your curls are perfect!" She reached out to touch one, but I swatted her hands. "First rule, never touch my curls–especially if they're perfect." I playfully stuck my tongue at her.

She pouted, "Fine,"

"All cleaned up?" A voice said behind us. Pala walked toward Bodhi and I.

We nodded and Pala smiled, "Excellent, follow me."

I wrapped the towel more securely around me as Bodhi managed to get a towel to conceal herself as well.

Pala lead us to another large tree–though not even close to Maiara's tree–but still magnificent. It was more wide than tall and the branches hung low and we had to duck under, the branches concealed us. Near the trunk was two small wooden vanity tables with a bench. There were two women in what looks like a toga dress that was in a lovely, pastel pink. They each held a dress, one was lavender and the other was sky blue.

Pala gestured us forward, "I will be back for you to take you to a private area for you to rest while we make our final preparation to call for Pan." She smiled, "Kyomi and Calista will take care of you." Then Pala left.

The one with the lavender glided up to me with a smile, handing me the dress. "Hello, I am Kyomi and this is for you to wear."

I gingerly take it, "For me?"

"Just for you, you can change over there," The dryad pointed at a divider a few feet away. It looks like one of those japanese dividers, but it was more modernized with floral patterns across the screen. I went over and walked behind to change. I raised the dress to inspect it closer. I was stunning and soft to touch. It didn't feel quite like silk but close. It was a halter top so I lowered it down for me to step in. I raised the neckline and the dress was draped over me light as air. I come out from behind the divider and gasps followed.

"It's beautiful!" Bodhi squealed as she fluttered around me, inspecting the dress excitedly. Bodhi was wearing her sky blue dress that was fashioned similar as mine. A halter top and the back draped dangerously low, showing off her slender back and the dress hung loose but not too lose that your curves are lost.

Kyomi patted the bench, "Almost done! Time for hair and makeup."

"Eek!" Bodhi bounced over to her respective bench to Calista who was just as excited as well. The vanity table was strewn with bottles and palettes and various other things. They both babbled and giggled away.

I grinned, I could get used to this. I sat at the bench and saw the arrays of tiny glass bottles and small jars, all filled with colorful substances. I raised my eyes to my reflection in the mirror that hung over the vanity table. My eyes bugged at the mirror on the vanity table. I was glowing. WIth radiance and there was a brightness to my skin. "Whoa,"

Kyomi chuckled, "You'll be amazed how a little pampering can go far." She grabbed a small, glass bottle and she popped the cork off to pour the content to her hand and rubbed between her palms before expertly running them to my curls. She made two small braids from my temple and pinned it away from my face. Then she placed small, white and pink wildflowers into my braids. "Now for some skin care," She swiped a jar, "Face me," She smeared something cool and fragrant across my face. "Now turn slightly to me for some makeup." She put something on my lips and then my cheeks. "Okay, don't move. I am going to clean up your brows." She grabbed a tweezer and plucked some hairs from each side and I tried my best to not winced although my eyes teared up a bit. Kyomi then ran a brush across my face, dusting the stray hairs away. "Now for some mascara. Look up." She quickly run a mascara brush though my lashes and I managed to stay still. Finally, she poofed something like mist at the base of my neck what seem like perfume that smelled like jasmine once more. I was slowly loving the sweet fragrance. "And we're done! Wait, go look at the long mirror against the trunk instead." She smiled excitedly.

"Oh," I exclaimed as I stood up and went over to the long mirror. I looked stunning. The loose what dress draped over me, hugging my curves and showing off a modest amount of cleavage. I turned, eyeing my bare back, it was sexy touch of an otherwise modest dress. My curls were defined and shiny, wildflowers placed throughout my braids. I look like I stepped off a fairytale play. I even looked elvish. I smiled at the vision, loving how pretty and clean I felt.

Then a small throb occurred at my temple, ruining my languid relaxation. I ignored it and continued to admire my lavender dress. The bottom part of the dress was layered and long enough to tickle my ankles. I was still bare feet and I the ground was soft on my feet, enough so I didn't need shoes.

Bodhi appeared next to me with a large grin, taking in our reflection.

"Bodhi!" I turned to look at her. "You look beautiful!"

Bodhi twirled, "I know,"

I rolled my eyes.

"But Meredith?"

"Yeah?"

"You're beautiful."

My eyes wet a bit at the sincerity. I hugged her tightly. "Thanks for being my friend."

"No, no, no, don't get sentimental on me." She sniffled, "Ah damn it," She pulled back, holding something in her hands. "You made me cry." She open her palmed to reveal a pink pearl.

A fat tear dropped down my cheek at the meaning of her pink pearl.

"For you," Bodhi dropped the pearl in my hand. "Thanks for being my friend and withstanding my weirdness."

    Tears were now rolling down my cheek, "Dammit, Bodhi." I gave her another hug while clutching the pearl in my hand.

    When Pala came for us, we were both a tearful mess. She didn't question us but smiled patiently for us to follow her. I pocketed the pearl into my dress (yes, the dress has pockets! I was never letting this dress go) and I ducked under the low branches.

We reached what looks like a long path of trees lined symmetrically on either side, with vines hanging between trees like curtains that reached the moss covered ground.

Nonchalantly, I reached up to rub a side of my temple as the throbbing strengthen. Strange... It didn't feel like my usual headache, not like a throbbing but a tugging. Like someone was trying to tug my brain out of my skull. Urgency and an unknown need filled my core.  A flash of green eyes manifested from memory. Tristen? Hmm, I wondered how he is doing? And was he sleeping right now?

Bodhi gasped and I jumped. "What is it?" I accused.

"Gale!" Bodhi clasped her head with both hands. "He's calling me."

Pala paused before a curtain of vines and faced Bodhi with curiosity etched on her face. "Gale?"

I answered for Bodhi when she didn't answer and was distracted, still clutching her head. "Her shi-amare,"

Pala's eyes widened, "You're bonded?" Her eyes glimmered with awe, "Whoa, I've never met a bonded pair."

"Really?" I asked Pala, "Is it that rare?"

"It's never happened for a few millennia. I guess it's true."

"What's true?"

"The prophecy, that old powers are awakening.

"That doesn't sound too good."

"Ah, but it doesn't sound bad. You shouldn't fear changes nor the unknown."

Bodhi groaned, "Dammit, Gale, wait!" She addressed Pala, "Are we here? Can we nap?"

"Yes, of course." Pala reached out to the part the curtain of vines, revealing a small meadow, surrounded by tall bushes and vines–like a room out of forests.

Bodhi bowed her head stiffly, "Thanks," before ducking into one of the makeshift curtains of vines. I frowned and followed, wondering her source of urgency.

Pala bowed, "Rest up and I'll fetch you when the preparation is complete." The curtains fall, giving us privacy.

"What's going on?" I crunched my brows anxiously. "Is Gale ok?"

"I don't know but he really needs to speak with me."

"How are you going to speak with him?"

"Shi-amares can go into each other's dreams. Quite useful when we need to communicate over long distance." Bodhi stretched out on the moss bed. "Now I need to try to fall asleep."

"What can I do?"

"I just need quiet," She shrugged, "You should take a nap. You've been through quite an ordeal today."

"Actually, a nap sounds amazing right now." I dropped to the ground and sighed contently at how the moss shited under my form comfortably. It was like laying on clouds. Bodhi shifted trying to get comfortable till she finally stilled, her breathing slowing. My head continued to throb furiously. Ugh, maybe a nap is what I needed to rid this freak headache. My eyes immediately felt heavy and I gave in to weight. I let myself go and fell into a deep sleep.

_____________________________

The model is Bree Kish and she is a professional plus size model that I found on pinterest.

If you wanna see more design and chapter sneak peek, you can follow Glass Prision's insta at andie_s.e or tumblr at yourandielexxis!

Don't forget to vote, show your love!

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 96 15
Imagine knowing your whole life that you were different, unlike everyone that surrounded you. Knowing that when you came of age, you would transform...
7.6K 628 18
"..." "..." Two pair of eyes stared at each other for a long time, as if this was a staring contest. The man relented and eyed the bucket of fish in...
271 27 18
This is a new fairytale for me to write about. Just to let you know, it's not the little mermaid genderbend. You can read or add my story to your rea...
8.6M 262K 36
(The Trilogy is now complete) This novel was written in 2011 when I was 15 - I'm slowly editing but please forgive misspells , plot holes etc. Any s...