𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐍.

By TIDAEMPRESS

Santana Silver being a senior in high school thought she had everything planned out. Her dreams of being a ha... More

𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐍.
001.
002.
003
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
017.
018.
019.
020.
021.
022.
023.
024.
025.
026.
027.
028.
029.

004

20.7K 1.1K 511
By TIDAEMPRESS

"Okay, class," Mr. Simmons took a pause thinking that the class would remain quiet but with all these rowdy seniors and freshman he was not pleased. This class had to have been his least favorite. We hardly listened and when a quiz or test came around, everybody would fail.

They were too worried about the drama and it cost them their grade in this class. But we seniors didn't care cause we didn't need much to graduate, most of us didn't even need this class. But I tried to pay attention, I wasn't easily distracted like everybody else. My grades had to be good, my parents checked my grades every week.

"Alright, new seating chart," he scoffed moving toward his desk grabbing a clipboard and a sheet of printer paper. I just blew out air knowing this was not gonna solve his problems.

"You do a seating chart every month and shit don't change. Just leave it alone bruh, we gone talk to whoever we sit beside," Tysen shouted making the room grow silent for once. Mr. Simmons turn his head and raise an eyebrow at Tysen.

"Your permanent seat can be outside my classroom," he scoffed and Tysen just shrugged, Niecey just looked over to me making me push my lips up. I did not like laughing in these types of situations but it was too late.

I hated when she gave me a look, she could've just grazed her attention onto me and I would've laughed. We were just goofy as hell and it was in our nature, nothing against the teacher.

"Ain't nobody sitting outside, I might as well go home," he smacked his lips and grabbed his bag already knowing he was about to be sent to the office. He and Mr. Simmons had one of those love-hate relationships. When they got along everything was peaches and cream and he was actually one of the more chill teachers.

Tysen being the token class clown, Simmons would laugh along to his jokes but this wasn't the time. Even though he was just being honest, he was already upset.

"Everybody, stand up, I'm making a new seating chart," he paced back and forth through the front of the classroom. And of course everybody groaned but what the fuck did they expect?

Nobody stays on task, our class is always disruptive and he can never finish a lecture cause who cares about school anymore? Everybody shuffled around to gather their belongings, some putting stuff away and some were already on their way to the front standing around the room.

Neicey and I stood in front of the active board, hoping he'd at least sit me beside my best friend. I gazed around trying to figure out where Tysen went, standing by a group of freshmen girls.

Typical.

We just rolled our eyes and listened for Mr. Simmons to call out our names. It got boring after a while he was just staring around most of the time and this was taking up most of the period. He was a good teacher though, loved his jobs and students. I kinda wish I had him a different time cause it's been like this all year.

"Santana," he called my name pointing to a table in the far left corner. This is the first time he put me in the back and I pray to God he doesn't sit me next to some weirdo or somebody I can't stand. Cause whew, these freshmen are annoying and there are a few little girls in here that swear they grown.

I grabbed on my backpack strap and stepped to my new seat and I knew I would like it, I could see everything and I could nap every day. I did all my work and I knew the curriculum pretty well dad and mama taught me a lot of black history coming up as a child.

I was around six when they first introduced me to all the hardcore facts. The Emmitt Till's and the Central Park story. And the fact that shit like this happens yet goes unnoticed made me sick to my stomach.

My mind wandered and I grabbed my backpack pulling out my bag of Flamin Funyun's. Opening up the bag a lot of heads turned and I didn't know why cause I don't share my food with anybody in this class.

I don't share food, with anybody. Not even Niecey can get a chip but she already knows this. My small hands dug into the bag, popping a Funyun into my mouth, these chips were so good. I didn't even care that they funked my breath up, I kept a pack of gum on me.

"Niecey," he called her name sitting her down a seat across from me. I can work with that and knowing us we'll be the reason the class continues to be loud.

I smiled and her and she turned to me and rolled her eyes. "You always eating,"

"And?" I smacked my lips, continuing to chew the chips in my mouth.

She yawned and turned facing the front and rested her head on her arms. I couldn't wait to do the same, he was gone be assigning seats for the rest of the period.

The number of students standing got slimmer and slimmer, the seat beside me was still empty and he put Tysen on the other side of the room. He sat the new kid, Rashawn next to me and I really didn't care anymore considering Neicey was nearby.

"Tomorrow, we'll discuss the Black Panther movement. And I'ma need every last one of y'all on your best behavior cause I've got to a point where I'm just gonna start writing you guys up," he scoffed and went over to his desk, giving us the last few minutes of class to do whatever.

"So let me tell you about Carlos," Niecey turned around and smirked causing my eyebrows to raise. "This nigga takes me out, we having a good time and everything. But I ain't heard from him and it's irritating cause I was starting to really like him,"

And I would be irritated too, shit. He could have let her know if something was up and if he wasn't feeling her that's all he had to say.

But don't leave my girl hanging, took a lot for her to even go out with him.

This new generation of boys are bums.

I didn't understand it. They all wanted things to go there way and us females only want what's best for us.

"Have you tried texting him?" I asked rolling my bag of chips up and slipping them into my bag. My tongue licked the residue off my fingers, that's honestly the best part.

"I ain't the one missing, he posed to texted me when he got home and didn't. He better be lucky I ain't pop up where he stay. I'ma see him next period tho," she rolled her eyes picking her backpack up and sliding it over her shoulder.

"Well he got some explaining to do," I smacked my lips and rolled my neck. The bell rang making me jump out of my seat and into somebodies chest.

"Watch where the fuck you going," he said smacking his lips and nudging me off of him.

"You saw me getting up, you need to watch where the fuck you going," I pulled my strap onto my shoulder and rolled my eyes at him.

"Man whatever," he scoffed and brushed past me making me irritable. I turned toward Niecey who was already laughing but I was annoyed. And she kept laughing making me flip her off.

"That's why yo' lash hanging," she covered her mouth and I raised an eyebrow.

"You lying," my voice grew more firm and she handed me her phone, the camera already on. My damn lash was damn near ripped off and I wanted to scream. I didn't have any glue so it was in my best interest to just take them both off. "Bruh, these my good lashes,"

I whined and stomped my feet like a dramatic toddler. I had a lash addiction, wore them every day and when I didn't have them on I felt naked. I ripped them off and rolled my eyes as I walked out of the class and into the crowded hallway.

The funkiest part of the whole school. It smelled straight like body odor and horny ass teenagers. Couples pressed up against walls, lockers, and the staircase. Just swapping saliva and feeling on each other like nobody could see them.

"How the fuck do they breathe?" Niecey turned her nose up as I pulled my perfume from my backpack just spritzing the scent all throughout the halls.

"Through they damn ears I guess, I hate it here. I need May to hurry the hell up," I held my nose continuing to spray, putting the lid back on and sliding it into the stretchy compartment and weaving my way through these bodies.

"Yes, graduation me please, I'm finna get homeschooled I don't even wanna be here anymore," Neicey groaned throwing her head back.

"Aye, Neicey?" I heard Carlos say from behind us, pulling her close to him.

"Why the fuck you ain't text me back Carlos. I'm not these regular bitches quit so don't treat me like one," she spoke with her hands and he just shut her up by kissing her. My eyes widened and so did hers but I could tell she was enjoying it. So I just let her be, walking to my next class.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I just rolled my eyes seeing Colbie's name flashing.

"What?" I dragged the word out just looking down at him, smiling.

"You still mad at me?"

"Fuck does it look like? Why you even calling me don't you have class?" I looked up walking into my third period. Finding my seat next to the door and holding my phone up as I looked at myself.

"Look like you ain't that mad. Since you answered the phone for me," he licked his lips. "What you doing after school?"

"Homework probably, why?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I need you to help me with this paper,"

"I'll FaceTime you when I get home then," I put my eyes up at all the other kids walking into class.

"Nah, I'm gone pull up I need all the help I can get," he scratched his head.

"Don't just tell me what you gone do. And when yo' paper done you can take yo' ass home,"

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647 329 46
YOU'RE A QUEEN, YOU HAVE EVERYTHING BUT YOU ABUSED USING IT, YOU'RE A PERFECT EPITOME OF A B*TCH. WHAT IF ONE DAY YOU WE'RE TRIPPED ON A STONE, AND A...
1M 41K 51
"Hey, what happened to your face?" I asked my seat partner, CJ. He turned and took out his book ignoring my question. I took his hoodie down to see...
23.4K 1.9K 19
Moving to Houston High School with his stellar reputation as a coach wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. His bragging landed him in the worst h...
802 107 34
She was the one that went through a serious glow-up before senior year of high school. He was one of the hottest boys in the rival school. Ella had...