From Winter To Sumer and Wint...

By michael_kelso72

The tale of the Robb Stark's ever doting wife. Game of Thrones/OC All character's and settings besides my oc... More

Part 1 Prologue
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17

Part 12

819 23 1
By michael_kelso72

"Light them," Rhaenyra told Theon as the two stood outside the castle walls. No other member of House Stark was willing to watch as she lovingly lit the flayed bodies.

Theon nodded, walking to the skinned corpses and bringing his torch to the hay that laid below. "Our enemies must know what will happen if we are betrayed." He looked toward Rhaenyra, who held Henry close to her chest.

"No, they need to remember what happens when they betray my family." She could smell the burning flesh, the soothing smell made her shoulders drop in ease. "Shall we join the others,'' the ward nodded to her as a small smile danced on his lips. They walked in silence back to the keep, the only noise being the rustle of their cloaks and Henry's gurgles of contentment.

Rhaenyra gripped her child tightly as they finally entered the castle, she ignored the glares of the servants as she and Theon began to ascend the stairs. But she knew they were staring.

"Will you take Henry to Robb?'' she questioned as they walked closer to Bran's room. She needed to see Catelyn, her son would overwhelm her good mother. Theon nodded, awkwardly reaching for the baby.

"He will be in the grand hall with his father and brother if you need him,'' the ward adjusted the heavy furs the baby was in and disappeared to the nearest stairwell. Rhaenyra turned away from the two and proceeded her short walk to Bran's room.

Catelyn remained in her familiar spot, her head placed in her bandaged hands. Rhaenyra sighed and walked to a dresser that was placed against the nearest wall. She found bandages, well-ripped clothing. Catelyn needed to see a maester again or the wounds would become infected.

"Let me see," the woman looked up to her. "I flayed him, for Bran and his little friend he brought for my son.'' Rhaenyra tugged Catelyn's hand and began to peel the dirty rags from them. She noted the skin remained pink and lacked any signs of infections. "I heard our little dire wolf over there slaughtered him. Ripped his vein straight out.'' Her violet eyes glanced at the wolf that laid close to the bed.

Catelyn nodded, "How is Domeric?'' It was the first time she had mentioned her grandson in nearly a month. "After hearing he,'' she paused. "After hearing that woman was going to kill him, I feared the worse.''

"He is well, ignorant of the horror that took place last night." She began to turn the bandage over her good mother's palm. "Robb is, struggling," Rhaenyra noted. Catelyn lightly pulled her hand back at the mention of him. "He did not sleep till dawn, for only an hour."

Catelyn winced as Rhaenyra pulled the other bandage from her opposite hand, it resisted slightly as it was stuck on dried bits of blood. She glared at the younger woman who sat so calmly on the bed.

"He will wake," the violet eyes turned to the sleeping boy on the bed. "I know it, I feel it.''

Catelyn joined Rhaenyra in gazing upon Bran. Her heartbreaking over the state of her child. She gave a shattered breathe before speaking, "Rhaenyra?'' The young girl's eyes brightened.

"Yes?" the excited response came.

"I must share something with you." 

The next morning at the first of sunlight, freezing sunlight,  Rhaenyra was gathered outside in the godswood with her family. The cold was nearly unbearable, icy breathe clouded above the huddle of Starks. Rhaenyra needed to be there, to dictate the wolf's rage. Her hands tightened around Henry, waiting for Catelyn to begin speaking. Next to her stood Robb who held Domeric's hand, the child refused to be held. Their son shifted his feet beside his father and curiously watched his grandmother. He had not seen her in weeks. Theon stood beside the two, trying to get the young Lord's attention by gently pulling his hair. Domeric would try to slap his fingers away.

"Cat,'' spoke Rhaenyra. She covered her son further with the heavy furs as her violet eyes met Catelyn's. She did not pay mind to the other's staring at her as she motioned for her mother in law to speak.

Catelyn nodded, "Yes.'' She looked down and held her hands close to her chest. "What I am about to tell you must remain between us." She saw the interested expressions of the men around her, "I don't think Bran fell from that tower." She paused, gathering her strength to continue. "I think he was thrown," Maester Luwin murmured something to Ser Rodrick.

Rhaenyra saw her husband tense at his mother's words. "Someone tried to kill him twice," she whispered. Catelyn nodded at her words. Robb abruptly turned to her, anger slowly taking over. "But why?"

Catelyn stood straighter, "Why murder a child? He must have seen something he was not meant to." Theon's gloved hand went to his sword's hilt, his eyes becoming enraged as realization struck him.

"So what my lady?'' He interrupted Catelyn who shook her head at his question, not knowing how to further their accusations.

She held her head high and said, "I don't know. But I would stake my life the Lannisters are involved."

Rhaenyra nodded, her nerves causing her hands to shakily shift over her son's blankets. "We already have reasons to question their loyalty to the crown." Her mind drifted to the Kingslayer as well as his father. Her stomach coiled at the thought of the lions.

"What of the dagger," Ser Rodrick looked between the Stark women.

Rhaenyra adjusted her child into one arm and reached into her cloak. She pulled the said dagger from a pocket. "Valyrian steel, dragon bone handle.'' She handed it to Ser Rodrick who gripped it by its handle. "Too fine a weapon for that filth that walked into our home." Robb's eyes met hers, she avoided his gaze but it increased her vengeful desire.

"Someone must have given it to him," the knight commented.

"They come into our home," came the angered voice of Robb. "And try to murder my brother and son. If it's a war they want,"

He was interrupted by Theon's enthusiastic tone, "If it comes to that you know I'll stand behind you.

Rhaenyra annoyingly sighed, "Is there going to be a battle in the godswood?" She nearly screamed, "I will not let you die on what little truth we have."

"To easily words of war become acts of war," Maester Luwin agreed. "We don't know the truth yet, Lord Stark must be told at once." He looked toward Catelyn.

"I don't trust a raven to carry these words," she said.

Robb interrupted his mother, "I will ride to Kingslanding." Rhaenyra glared at him, her eyes burning into the back of his head but he did not notice his angered wife.

"There must always be a Stark in Winterfell," Catelyn disagreed as her eyes met Rhaenyra's glaring stare. "I will go myself."

"Mother you can't."

Rhaenyra walked forward, "We will go to the capital," she placed her free hand on Catelyn's shoulder.

"You will not," Robb gripped her shoulder to pull her back. "I hear the lions tried to murder my brother and you expect me to let you leave for a city filled with them." Rhaenyra looked to the hand on her shoulder, she looked up to him.

"Yes."

"No Rhaenyra," came Catelyn's voice. "You must stay." Rhaenyra jerked Robb's hand from her person and returned to his side. She stood further back, continuing to angrily stare.

"Let me accompany you," Ser Rodrick said. "Kingsroad can be a dangerous place for a woman alone." Catelyn nodded at him.

"What about Bran?" He questioned, picking up Domeric as he did.

"I have prayed to the seven for more than a month. Bran's life is in their hands now." Catelyn sighed, "I will leave tomorrow. You all may go." Rhaenyra nodded her head to her mother in law before stalking to the exit of the godswood. She looked to her child as she walked, the baby was asleep despite all around him. She despised his ability to sleep through arguments.

Rhaenyra ignored quick footsteps following her, she increased her pace. "Rhea!" She walked quicker, she nearly entered the castle walls before a hand gripped her forearm. She was turned quickly to face her husband, so quickly it startled Henry. She looked back to her husband with a disgusted look as she soothed her child.

"Where's Domeric?''

"My mother has him." His voice was monotone as he watched her. She gently bounced their son in her arms, a sour look on her face. "You don't have to be pissy,"

"Me? Pissy?!" She laughed obnoxiously as her eyes met his. "You are the one who has been avoiding coming to our bed. You are the one who insists on barley saying any words to me when you come and see our children." Rhaenyra walked closer to him. She could feel the warmth he was radiating, "And here you stand calling me pissy." She wanted to spit on him.

"I don't come back because I finish my duties to late, I go to sleep in Rickon's room."

"And if I ask Rickon will I find the truth?" Robb's face paled slightly. "Are you warming a whore's bed? Working on making a new Snow?" Rhaenyra spoke through gritted teeth, anger taking over her.

"No."

"Then what is it?'' The baby was wailing against her chest, her rage radiating onto him. Robb's eyes finally met hers.

"I don't want you to think me weak."

"So you take your distress out on my with harsh touches?" She pushed his shoulder roughly, he stumbled back only to fall roughly against the dewy grass. "You are on the verge of striking me," her violet eyes had shifted into an indigo color. Both her shoulders shook as she spoke. "I swear I will cut your ear off next time." Robb nodded. "You think acting as if you were King Robert would help me in thinking you not weak. Fool,'' she rocked her child strongly. She looked down to Henry who's small face reddened in fright. "I am your wife, you come to me when you feel as if you're failing." With that, Rhaenyra left. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 241 16
The tale of the Robb Stark's ever doting wife. All character's and settings besides my oc are creations of George RR Martin
22.8K 655 59
Forgotten. Overlooked. Aryadne Baratheon is the eldest of the King's children and yet she is known by few. There is a cost when you take a bright min...
4.7K 164 33
A lady, a secret heir and a princess from a distant land. Blood will spill and ashes will rain down from the skies above, but will the three pillars...
1.7K 41 12
A Game of thrones (AU) love story between Robb Stark and Daenerys Targaryen πŸΊπŸ‰. 18+ TW ( Violence) ( Mentions of war) different timeline so cert...