Twins

By karagina02

Olivia opened her eyes slowly and groaned. Her head hurt from a hungover. She slowly got up and looked arou... More

Introduction
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Not An Update
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XX
A/N:Announcement

Chapter XXIII

6 3 1
By karagina02

-What are you reading?-A voice asked, making Thea jump.

She looked up, startled.

-Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.-Kai said. Thea shook her head.

-No, I'm sorry, I was distracted.-She said. –What's up?-She asked.

-I'm going out again, and was wondering if you wanna go too.-Kai said.

-And get stuck in with you in the middle of nowhere again?-Thea teased.

Kai rolled his eyes and smirked.

-Maybe.-He shrugged playfully.

Thea gave a short laugh. She closed the book and put it on the table.

-I'm in.-She said.

-Where are we going?-Thea asked when they got in the car.

-Grocery shopping. –Kai said.

-Didn't Alex go for that?-She asked. Kai drove out of the driveway.

-Yeah.-Kai nodded.

-Then why are we going?-Thea asked confused.

-I want to get food for just us. We're gonna have to leave soon, so it'll be good if we have some snacks and food for the run.

-Ah.-Thea nodded.

They drove the rest of the way to the store in silence. When they arrived, Kai threw her a cap and quickly got out of the car and ran to the other side.

-Thank you.-Thea smiled, as he opened the door for her. She put on her cap and Kai lowered his.

-Who knew you were a gentleman.-Thea teased, when he closed the door.

-I'm not.-Kai said, clenching his jaw. Thea laughed and he twitched his lips, trying not to smile.

They walked into the store, Thea grabbed a cart, and they went to the granola bar aisle. Kai put four different boxes in the cart and asked which ones she wanted. Thea looked around and took a box of extra chocolate, fudge, and chocolate chip granola bars, with caramel over them.

-You're just begging for diabetes.-Kai shook his head. Thea gave him a toothy grin.

They got some boxes of Caprisuns, two packs of water bottles, and some cereal along with a gallon of milk.

When they went to check out, there was a TV behind the cashier, with the NEWS playing.

Kai's high school picture was on the screen with the lady mouthing something. They both lowered their heads a little bit, not to be suspicious but also to make sure their faces weren't seen.

-How's your day going?-The lady asked.

-Good, thank you.-Kai said a little gruffly. –And yours?-He asked, making sure she doesn't turn around.

-Kind of boring.-She sighed. –You were my third customers today.

-Today is kinda slow?-He asked.

-Yes, very.-The lady nodded. –More time for me to sip on soda and read books. –She laughed. Thea laughed with her.

-Read "It Wasn't Because of Him", if you haven't read already.-Thea said. –I highly recommend it.-She smiled.

The lady found a pen and wrote in her palm.

-Thank you, I will definitely check it out!-She said, smiling big, showing her kind of straight, kind of yellow teeth, with a smudge of her red lipstick on the top of the front teeth.

They thanked the lady after she gave them the receipt and they went back to the car.

-What's the book about?-Kai asked.

-Hm?-Thea asked.

-The one you told her about. What's it about?-He asked.

-Read and find out.-Thea said. –Amy has it in her library.

-I don't like to read.-Kai said.

-Then you'll never know.-Thea shrugged.

Kai put the bags in the trunk and they drove off.

A/N: Hello! I am so sorry for not updating for so long! That will change :) The writer's block is being cured, so be prepared for new chapters. Here's a filler :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 17.4K 43
Highest ranked- #10 in action 2/16/2017 A promotion. That's all I wanted. I didn't want to run for my life. I didn't want to be kidnapped...
362K 12.3K 36
❝My fate changes when I have been kidnapped. I never thought I would be kidnapped in such a way. And my fate would take a turn like this. My normal d...
7.1K 158 16
Sixteen year old, Bella Harken, has knowingly taken one of the hardest jobs she's ever had, or ever WILL have. She is the nanny for the dreaded Sween...
680 39 14
A man appeared out of the shadows in front of them. "Goooood morning!" he yelled, his voice echoing through out the room. "You're a freak of nature...