The backup Bride

By thefadedwhite

" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would g... More

CAST
Flash back number 1
Flash back number 2
EPISODE 1
EPISODE 2
EPISODE 4
EPISODE 5
EPISODE 6
EPISODE 7
EPISODE 8
EPISODE 9
EPISODE 10
EPISODE 11
EPISODE 12
EPISODE 13
EPISODE 14
EPISODE 15
EPISODE 16
EPISODE 17
EPISODE 18
EPISODE 19
EPISODE 20
EPISODE 21
EPISODE 22
A tiny author's note
EPISODE 23
EPISODE 24
EPISODE 25
EPISODE 26
EPISODE 27
EPISODE 28
EPISODE 29
Episode 30
EPISODE 31
Flashback number 3
Flashback number 4
EPISODE 32
EPSIODE 33
EPISODE 34
A tiny author's note
EPISODE 35
EPISODE 36
EPISODE 37
EPISODE 38
EPISODE 39
EPISODE 40
EPISODE 41
EPISODE 42
EPISODE 43
EPISODE 44
EPISODE 45
EPISODE 46
EPISODE 47
EPISODE 48
EPISODE 49
A tiny author's note
EPISODE 50
EPISODE 51
EPISODE 52
EPISODE 53
EPISODE 54
EPISODE 55
EPISODE 56
Poster design contest
EPISODE 57
EPISODE 58
EPISODE 59
EPISODE 60
EPISODE 61
Time travel - 1

EPISODE 3

2.8K 139 6
By thefadedwhite

2 / 11 / 2019 - Saturday - Whitefield, Bangalore.

Aparna's P. O. V :

I rang the door bell again. And finally someone opened the door.

It was Rajiv.

He was looking tired.

As I walked in, I saw Prerna sitting on the  couch and busily running through channels.

" How are you? " I asked as I sat beside her.

She turned off the TV and looked at me.

" We need your help! " Rajiv said, as he sat opposite to me.

" What? "  I asked confused.

" Doctor said Prerna shouldn't travel. It is not safe for the baby. " Rajiv said.

" Tell that to your parents then! " I said.

" That's the issue, we can't really tell them about the IVF and his mom is desperate to meet me " Prerna said.

" So? " I asked.

" Can you come meet them as Prerna? " Rajiv asked.

I laughed out loud and looked at them.

" Are you kidding me? " I asked.

They both shook their head in unison and my laugh drained out.

" You look similar to your sister. With small tinkering, and changes in your dressing, you would definitely look similar to her! " Rajiv said.

Prerna nodded her head in response.

I was still shocked to give any proper reply.

" If not for the babies, I would be going with Rajiv ,we are asking you as we have no choice left. " Prerna said.

" Babies? " I asked shocked.

" Oops! " Rajiv said.

I glared at Prerna to tell the truth.

" The IVF was actually done for two eggs. And fortunately, both of them survived! " She said.

" You are having twins!? " I shouted at her.

They both nodded. I screamed once and hugged Prerna.

For everything that she underwent, finally they got results.

I had happy tears flowing from my eyes.

" I would do anything for these tiny nieces or nephews! " I said hugging her.

" Go with Rajiv as me! " Prerna said.

" What if his parents find out? You would have to meet them again in future. And what about the baby belly? " I asked.

" You would be in my house for less than a week. I would make sure that they don't get to see you for a long time. And Prerna doesn't have a noticeable baby belly as of now. " Rajiv said.

I went through all the possibilities of disaster in my head.

" The engagement is in two weeks. After that we would have to visit them only for the marriage, which is three months from now " Rajiv said.

" Please help us out. Can't you do this for your big sister? " Prerna asked.

" Don't ask me with baby eyes " I said.

" You can tell Mom and Dad that you are going for a workshop at Chennai. " Prerna said.

" Fine! I'll do it " I said.

They both shouted happily.

" When are we leaving? " I asked.

" By the coming Friday. We would return within the next Friday " Rajiv said.

" Who would be with Prerna? " I asked.

" We have appointed a maid for the next week. She would cook and clean the house. " Prerna said.

They had everything planned. I can use this to meet my friends at Chennai.

I sat with Prerna and watched TV.

My phone rang, it was a call from the green design center, must be about the result of my interview.

I walked out to the balcony and picked up the call.

" Is this Aparna? " A lady asked.

" Yes! " I said nervously.

" It's me Rachel, from green design center,we met on your interview. You are such an inspiring person. Your portfolio is also spectacular.It would be our luck to have you in our office "she said.

I was jumping with happiness.

" But " She said.

But - the word I hate the most. When but comes, whatever told before the word becomes meaningless, ' But ' could change everything told before it.

" But? " I asked.

" We got an information on you from one of our acquaintance. This news was a black mark on your report. Sorry we can't take you. " She said.

" What black mark? " I asked.

" That you were involved in an informal affair for a salary appraisal with your senior. " She said.

My entire world became blacked out and I couldn't hear her remaining words.

I turned off my phone as tears started flowing from my eyes.

I ran out from Prerna's apartment and she shouted behind me.

I rushed to my car and drove it out of the compound.

The rain started pouring down and i stopped my car at the side. I waited till my tears drained out.

I started my car and drove to my home.

Dad opened the door after I rang the bell. He saw my red eyes and his brows knitted together.

" Aparna, are you okay? " He asked me.

I nodded my head and I smiled .

" Can you sit in the drawing room for five minutes? I need to talk to you " He asked me.

I walked straight to the drawing room and he walked behind me.

Dad went through an accident four years ago and could walk only on a slower pace. He didn't like walking with a stick or anyone holding his hands. He took retirement from his work and was at home ever since.

He sat opposite to me and tapped the center table.

" Do you know who gave this table? " He asked me.

" Grandpa, on your wedding " I said.

My dad laughed as his fingers traced the wooden carvings on the huge center table.

" After my marriage, your grandpa did this table with his own hands. He wanted this table to be the central attraction of my house.

After you were born, my company was taking shape. We didn't have enough space working in my room. We wanted to use the drawing room too.

But the table was taking up so much of space. I can make four people sit in there. But your grandpa would be disappointed if I took out this table.

I was fighting with my own self. I couldn't disappoint my father. But the wastage of space was bugging me too.

One day I decided I should do something. I called your grandpa and told him, " Dad I am going to dismantle the table safely and it would soon be put to a better use after I buy a big house ".

Your grandpa was furious. He came here the very next week and had a frown on his face as he toured our home. " Dad said imitating my grandpa's face.

I laughed.

" That's the thing about life. If you are scared of disappointing people around you, you would never live to your fullest. " He said.

I looked at him surprised.

" Take your sister, she did what she wanted to do. I was disappointed as she ran away.

Your mom was angry on her. But Prerna did what was needed. You mom would be running to your sister's house by next month. When your sister talks to your mom about the baby, your mom will definitely melt and forgive her. " Dad said laughing.

" Actually, it's babies" I said.

" Are you serious? " Dad asked shocked.

I nodded my head and signaled him to keep that as a secret. He nodded back.

" The people who really love us, will love us, even if we disappoint them . But we should keep in our mind to not hurt them .Take care of them. " Dad said.

I nodded at him.

" I give you the same freedom. Don't be afraid of disappointing me. Do what you need to do. Do what's right " Dad said.

I hugged him and cried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 1.6K 25
He was my first love . And he is my husband now . But we had a not so planned wedding. (Okay I suck at the description as this is my first time. But...
4.5M 26.9K 6
#1 in General fiction and Romance for a long time An Arranged marriage! Why not ? Marrying a Stranger? Why..... what the hell? Arranged marriage...
7.5K 781 32
"I thought you hated hugs" , I voiced out as he wrapped his arms ever so gently around me. "I still do, but hugs from you are an exception", he pull...