John Wick Chapter 2 (John Wic...

By LayceJ25

Retired super-assassin John Wick's plans to resume a quiet civilian life with his wife, (y/n), are cut short... More

Chapter 1: You Have My Car
Chapter 2: The Blood Oath
Chapter 3: You Want Me To Kill Gianna D'Antonio
Chapter 4: Do You Fear Damnation?
Chapter 6: Reflections Of The Soul
Chapter 7: I'll Kill Them All

Chapter 5: The Bowery King

8K 280 108
By LayceJ25

You and John were walking along the streets of New York but you kept looking around, nervously. Both of you found out that Santino put a bounty on both of you and to say you were terrified was an understatement. You had no idea who was a normal citizen or a highly skilled assassin, it could be the beggars on the street or the taxi drivers or just a random person that would pop up and pull their gun on you and your husband. John, on the other hand, was pissed especially when he heard you had a five million dollar bounty for your capture. 

You and John stuck together like glue while you took in your surroundings and began to wonder who was an assassin or not. So far it looked like nobody was grabbing onto you guys but it didn't take long for some people to try and get the jump on you two. It all was like a blur, they all happened so fast.

Like there was this guy, who looked like he could be a Sumo wrestler, meets up with you guys in the park area. John fights him a bit then Sumo guy pulls out a gun and fires but you and John dodge them. John goes and punches him at several points of the guy's body, like his neck and crotch area, but nothing seemed to bother him. He jumps up and shoves John towards a glass sign while you run at Sumo guy and kick the back of his knee.

He falls to one knee and you go and pull out a gun and start to fire. But the guy grabbed your gun and moved it over, so it wouldn't aim at him when you fired. You go and punch him in the neck but it didn't hurt him and he stands up, picks you up and throws you towards a bench.

John yells as he runs towards Sumo guy and grabbed his arm, throws it over his shoulder and breaks it, making the guy yell. He shoots the guy a couple of times but the guy glares up at him, stands up and knocks John down. Sumo guy starts to loom over him until you run up and jump on his back.

He growls and tries to get you off of him while you pulled off your knife bracelet, popped the blade out and started to stab him, repeatedly, in the shoulder. The guy tries to get you off of him but he couldn't so he settled on grabbing your knife and yanking it out of your grip. He throws the knife to the side, landing next to John, while you pulled out a gun. You aimed it at the top of his head and fired.

The guy stopped moving and falls over, you fall on top of him then you start to stand up. You take a few deep breathes as you get up and put the gun back into your holster. John gets up, picks up your knife bracelet, and goes over to the Sumo guy and dig in his pocket for anything and found some ammo.

He pockets it then looks over at you, impressed, as he hands you the bracelet. You smile and nodded at him as you put the bracelet back on and you two started to walk away when you heard Sumo guy staring to groan.

Seriously? You thought as you and John turned around and both of you shot at him at the same time, killing him. You let out a sigh then both of you exchange a look then continued walking.

Another time, you and John walked past a woman with a violin when you felt someone grabbed you from behind. Before you could say or do anything, the violinist places a hand over your mouth then pulls out her gun with her other hand and shoots at John. He falls forward from the impact while you pull the woman's hand off of your mouth and bite down on it.

She screams in pain and you elbow her in the stomach. You spun around and away from her just as John goes after her and they began to fight. The violinist then shoots him on his side and John yelps in pain then grabs her arm that was holding the gun and knocks it out of her hand. He flips her over, grabs her arm and breaks it, making her scream in pain. He kneels down, places his arms around her neck and breaks it.

He gets up and then stumbles back and clutches his side while you run over to him. You place his arm around your shoulders and help him towards the station.

John groans as you two walk in the bright white subway station. He leans against the wall and looks down at his bullet wound to see it was bleeding. He looks over at you, you had bruises and scratches on your face and blood running down your nose and the corners of your mouth. You give him a concerned look but placed your hand on his back and you helped lead him along the subway station.

But as you guys walked on, you started to feel like you were being followed. You looked over your shoulder and saw a guy staring at you, intently, before you look ahead and see a man sitting at a table also staring at you and John. "Shit." You whispered then you turned around and pulled out your gun and fired at the man that followed you. While John goes towards the man at the table as the man pulls out his gun.

The guy fires and misses John but the bullet grazed the top of your shoulder, which caused you to miss the headshot you had on the other guy, only hitting him in his shoulder. The guy runs up at you and the two of you struggled while John was fighting the other guy.

The man grabbed John and was trying to put him in a headlock when John noticed a pencil on the table and grabbed it and stabbed it in the man's arm. The man screamed as John gets him off of him but then the guy grabs John by the waist, so John stabs him again with the pencil. 

You knocked the other assassin away from you and turned just in time to see John taking his attacker's head and laying it on the table. Then he stabs the pencil in the guy's ear, and this made your eyes widen in shock, giving the other assassin an opportunity as he grabs you from behind.

You yelped then pulled out your knife and stabbed him in his side. He screams and you flipped him over your back and had him land on his back in front of you. You go to stomp on his head but he grabs your foot and shoves you back. You fall on your back and the guy gets up but John grabs him and stabs the pencil in his neck. You start to sit up as John goes over to a pilar, places the pencil at a spot then shoved the guy against the pencil, making him stab him in the back of the neck.

The guy's body flops forward and John drops the pencil then goes over to you. He helps you up as you said. "Okay...Note to self: make sure to keep pencils away from you when you're angry." John chuckles under his breath at this as he looks at you. "You know I wouldn't hurt you." He said. "I know...just trying to diffuse the tension, is all." You said as you wink at him then both of you start to run again.

Both of you make it to this open and crowded area where there was a fountain in the middle of it. Both of you look around and continued to walk on when the water in the fountain started to die down and on the other side you guys see Cassian.

He was glaring right at you two and John pulls out his gun and starts to fire just as the water in the fountain started to rise up. The people around you began to scream and run as John fires a couple more shots then grabs your hand and the two of you began to run.

You guys make it in the station and run down the stairs then try to walk among the people, discreetly. Both of you look up and to your left, you see Cassian in the upper balcony. The three of you walk along as John pulls out his gun, which had a silencer, and fires at Cassian. He was able to dodge the bullets and he began to fire his gun at you two while you pulled your gun out and aimed it at him and fired.

He tried to fire at you but you guys kept missing each other until you and John made it down the stairs and towards the subway train, which started to leave. Two more assassins began to come at you but you shot one a couple of times while John shoots the other one before they started to fight hand to hand. John was able to knock him down then stab him in the chest.

You look around then across the aisle you see Cassian coming. "John." You whispered and he looks up to see him as well. He gets up and stands next to you just as another train comes up. 

The doors open and John leads you inside the train just as Cassian boards it as well. You could see him just on the other side. The train was crowded with people, so you guys were unable to do anything but got a bit closer to the middle of the train. 

The train stopped every few seconds and more and more people started to get off, which was clearing out the battlefield. You kneel down, acting like you were fixing your boot but really you were getting your knife that was still in there. You grabbed the handle and slowly pulled it out while John and Cassian pull out their knives.

You slowly stand up as you glared at Cassian, who was staring between you and John. The three of you stare down at each other, wondering who was gonna make the first move. Then Cassian goes to stab at you but John grabs his arms and holds it as best as he could. The two men struggled until Cassian shoves his knife in John's thigh. John holds back a scream while you gasped then you, quickly, reach over the side and stab Cassian in the leg. 

He, too, holds back a scream of pain and turns towards you, as you pull your blade out of his leg, but John pushes him back and starts to fight him. You stepped back as the men knocked the knives out of each other's hand then punch and kick each other or flip each other over their shoulders.

You jumped and stood on one of the seats as Cassian starts to push John back across the aisle. You jumped back down then got onto Cassian's back and wrapped your left arm around his neck then stabbed him in the shoulder with the knife in your right hand.

He grabs the arm around his neck then starts to walk backwards as he slams you against a pole. You let out a grunt and pulled the knife out of his shoulder just as he grabs the back of your shirt collar and flips you over and slams you on the ground. You let out a groan as he pulls out another knife but John runs at him and the two struggle for the blade.

That is until John got the upper hand and pushes Cassian up to a pole and has his knife aimed at Cassian's chest. He tries to fight John but John shoves the knife in him then shoves himself against the blade, to make it go deeper. Then he sets Cassian on one of the benches but leaves the knife there. "The blade is in your aorta. You pull it out, you'll bleed, and you will die." John tells Cassian then he stands up and helps you up before turning back to Cassian. "Consider this a professional courtesy." He said and the two of you walk off of the train.

You and John walk down the stairs and head into the station when you see two men glaring at you two. "Oh come on!" You whispered, exasperated. You were tired and it seemed never ending with these assholes. John grabs your hand and both of you began to run. You run down the escalators then to another part of the subway station as you hear a man ramble on about something.

"We say things, we see things. The things you see are nightmares, man. Like this one time..." the guys said as John goes over to him and places one of his coins in the guy's cup. The guy stops talking then looks up at you two. "Take us to him." John said to the homless man then he starts to sit down, you follow him and sit down next to him. "Tell him it's John Wick." John said to the homeless man.

Then he gestures for you to lay down and you do as he pulls up this blanket, that was next to the homeless man, then drapes it over the two of you and lays down next to you. The homeless man then grabs the tarp and puts it over you two and sits back down as the two assassins run up.

"You know, they just...They put it in everything! Hey, man. You got a quarter?" The guy asked the two before he shoots both of them in the head. The guy lowers his gun and pockets it as two of his accomplices come up and drag the dead assassins away.

John opens his eyes and sees that he was in a large underground type room. He also realizes that he was on a cot and an IV was attached to his hand. He sits up and pulls it off and turns to the side of the cot, he grunts and groans in pain then looks down to see his white shirt was partially unbuttoned. He moves the shirt aside to see that his gun wound on his side was bandaged up. 

He let's out a sigh then quickly looks up and sees you were in the cot next to him. He gets up then walks over to you and sits on the edge of your cot and takes your hand in his, holding it tightly. He felt extremely bad that you were pulled into this. This wasn't the life he wanted to give you, he wanted to give you the life any husband would want to give to their wife.

A home...

A family....

You deserved so much better than what you were going through now. You deserved a better life...a better husband.

John was afraid when you found out about his life as an assassin that you would leave him. He would've understood if you did, what sane woman wouldn't! And if you did leave him, he would've been heartbroken but he would've understand and let you go.

But...here you were, staying by his side, learning any way to protect yourself and help him in any fight that you could. Even after the kidnapping that happened a little over a week ago, you stood by him.
He didn't deserve you....

As he sat there, thinking, you start to wake up and see John sitting on the edge of your bed. You also realized he was holding your hand so you squeezed his hand, letting him know you were awake. He looks up at you and you give a weak smile towards him. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes." You said, teasingly, and he chuckles a bit but turns his head away from you.

You give him a concerned look towards him and asked. "John? What's wrong?" He looks back at you, his eyes full of guilt, then begins to speak. "I am so sorry for dragging you into this. I didn't intend for you to get hurt. I..I..." He stops, not knowing what to say so he looks down.

You sit up and place your finger under his chin and, gently, pull up his face so he can look at you. After giving him a soft but stern look, you began to speak. "John, stop feeling guilty, okay. I am your wife, you are my husband. And there's nothing...NOTHING....going to keep me away from you. I'll always be by your side. I love you." His eyes dart to the side then you said, softly. "Hey..."

He looks back at you and you give a soft smile. "For better or worse, right?" You said, reciting those vows you two made years ago. “For better or worse.” he repeats, nodding, and your smile grew bigger then you lean up and kiss him, he gladly kisses you back.
Unfortunately, the kiss doesn't last long as you hear footsteps coming towards you two. Both of you pull back, reluctantly, then look over to see at least three homeless looking guys coming towards you two.

Moments later, after straightening up your clothes and putting on your jackets, the homeless people began to lead you through their living area then up to a fire escape that leads to the roof. There were cages with pigeons inside of it as some people were by them and taking care of the birds.

But these guys take you and John to one particular person, known only as the Bowery King. "As I live and breathe!" Bowery King exclaims as he turns to face you and John. "John Wick. The man. The myth. The legend. You're not very good at retiring." He said to John. "I'm workin' on it." John said and the King smirks then he looks over at you. "That means you must be the famous Mrs Wick." Bowery said and you nodded at him. 

"Your husband doesn't remember, but we met many years ago, before my ascension..." he said then he turned away. before he continues. "When I was just a pawn in the game. We met and you gave me a gift, the gift that would make me a king. You don't remember, but there I was, standing in an alleyway. I didn't even hear you comin'. You gave me this." Bowery said and he walks back over to you two then pulls back his collar, revealing a long scar between his neck and shoulder, your eyes widen at this then you looked between John and Bowery.

"Gift from the boogeyman. Perfect for every occasion." Bowery said as he pulls his collar back up and glares at John. "But you also gave me a choice. Pull my gun, shoot you in the back, and die. Or keep the pressure on my neck...and live. And so you see, I survived. No one sneaks up on me anymore, thanks to you. I am all-seeing and all-knowing." Bowery said. "Then you know why we are here." John said. "Santino D'Antonio, yes. Yours and your wife's contract went wide, John. That's bad for your health." Bowery said then he looks over at one of the men.

"What's the number up to now, Earl?" He asked and Earl hold up ten fingers with both hands then holds up two fingers with his left hand. "$12 million! Damn! It's Christmas. We're going to Applebee's after this." Bowery said. "We need your help. You have eyes begging for change on every corner in the city. I'm thinkin' you can find Santino. I need you to move us. Underground. Get us to him." John said.

"How sweet it is! The boogeyman begging me for help. Well, of course, John. Yes, John. Whatever you'd like, John. Would you like a back rub with that, John?" Bowery asked, sarcastically.

"You're going to help us." John said, somewhat threatening. "Why the fuck would I do that?" Bowery asked. "Because I'm the only one that can help you." John said and Bowery chuckles before he let's out a loud laugh at this.

"You're gonna help me out? That's downright upright of you, Mr. Wick. You sound positively magnanimous." Bowery said as he leads you two back into his lair. You entered in a locker room to see lots of weapons inside of the lockers and Bowery points them out to you and John.

"But look around you. How much help does it look like I need?" Bowery asked as one of his servants takes off his jacket. You give a side glance to John as Bowery continues. "It seems to me that the real question, Mr. Wick, is who in this cruel world of ours is going to help you?" Then he leads you and John into his office.

"There's a storm coming. Not just for me. For all of us. For everyone under the table." John said to Bowery as he goes to behind his desk and sit in his chair. "Yes, killing someone who has a seat at the high table does create a problem. But it's your problem, baby. After all, none of my people sent Gianna D'Antonio to the hereafter." Bowery said. "That being said, Santino has her seat now. And he wants the city. When he's done uptown, you think he's gonna stop at 14th street?" John said, questioning. "We'll just have to take care of ourselves." Bowery said.

"Oh, yeah? For how long? And how much blood?" You asked him and he raises his eyebrow at you. "Look...You kill Santino, the Camorra, and the high table come for you. I kill Santino, they come for us." John said, gesturing between you and him. "And you're willing to put your wife through that?" Bowery asked. "Whatever it takes." You said and Bowery looks between you two. "He's offered seven million for your life, John, and five million for her capture. Tweleve million is a lot of money, Mr and Mrs Wick." Bowery said, raising an eyebrow at them.

You and John exchange looks and, almost like having a silent conversation between you two, you nod at him and John turns to Bowery. "So I guess you have a choice. You want a war? Or do you wanna just give my wife and I a gun?" He asked. Bowery chuckles then shouts. "Somebody, please! Get this man and this woman a gun!"

"Kimber 1911, .45 ACP." Bowery said as he opens up a couple of cases revealing two guns. Then he grabs a magazine clip from one of the guns and holds it up. "Seven-round capacity." He said then he picks up the other clip. "Five round capacity." He said. "Twelve rounds?" You said, questionable. "Twelve million dollars gets you twelve rounds. That's a million dollars a round, baby." He said to you, smiling. John sighs at this then both of you grab the guns and load them. "Let's go." Bowery said.

"Your descent into hell begins here, Mr and Mrs Wick. He's at the museum. Earl will guide you two. Do be careful on your way down." Bowery said as he leads you two to an elevator. You and John get inside the elevator, Bowery raises a finger and points at John. "Oh, and remember, you owe me." He threatens. "You don't want me owing you." John said as the elevator doors shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 233 26
"Winston! What have you done?!" she screamed as she watched Winston fire a 4th bullet into John's body and his falling over the side of the building...
85.2K 2.5K 37
You had fallen for John Wick, but he was married to a beautiful wonderful wife... Until you witness her kissing another man in the middle of the nigh...
10.1K 312 23
Following killing Santino D'Antonio at the Continental, John Wick has a bounty on his head and flees to London, where he meets a mysterious woman who...
44.5K 1.5K 7
After gunning down a member of the High Table -- the shadowy international assassin's guild -- legendary hit man John Wick finds himself stripped of...