My Secret Love

By AlishaS21

Someone who Nora thought was forever gone from her, is just about to make a brand new appearance in her life... More

My Secret Love 01
my secret love 02
My Secret Love 03
My Secret Love 04
My Secret Love 05
My Secret Love 07
My Secret Love 08
My Secret Love 09
My Secret Love 10
My Secret Love 11
My Secret Love 12
My Secret Love 13
My Secret Love 14
My Secret Love 15
My Secret Love 16
My Secret Love 17
My Secret Love 18
My Secret Love 19
My Secret Love 20
My Secret Love 21

My Secret Love 06

355 7 2
By AlishaS21

you know guys, this chapter would have been up on Saturday but you know what happened someone deleted my chapter of the computer. not just anyone MY BIG SISTER still haven't forgave her.. we had an argument so she decided to get me back by deleting it, i swear i was so close to crying bcuz it took me 3 whole days to type the shit up and i had to try so hard to remember all the things i wrote anyway i tried hard to get it to the way i first wrote it but i don't know if its the exact same or not. hope you enjoy reading it!

Chapter 6

I expected Sam to shout, get angry or at the most throw Daniel out but what I didn't expect was for him to stay calm. "Daniel, how nice to see you in my house," Sam said voice full of sarcasm. "Yeah same here, It's a shame I was just leaving." Daniel got up and walked towards the door where Sam stood blocking his way. "Not so fast. I need to talk with you." He motioned for me to leave the room. Once I was out he closed the door making sure it clicked. I moved to the side of the door and put my ear real close to the door and listened hard. There was silence for a while before Daniel broke it, "What do you wanna talk to me about?" "I want you to tell him I need more time," who's 'he' and what did Sam need more time for I asked my self and that's when it hit me 'the big man' and the money that he needed from Sam in less than 4 days since the week was closing in on the dead line. My thoughts were interrupted when Daniel spoke again, "you know he won't give you more time. You've already had a month and this week was the final dead line. But I Heard he would take you back if you wanted back in since you were really good with the customers. But anyways mate I can't help ya, the guy hates me as much as you no matter what our relations are." "I'm not your mate," Sam hissed angrily, probably annoyed at the fact Daniel refused to help him. "Whatever like I care, but so you know what I do care about, Nora and the fact that she deserves to know and soon." I could hear footsteps approaching the door but they stopped when San said, "you listen to me now, I don't care if you care for her or not but I want you to stay the hell away from her. She doesn't need you in her life, your nothing but trouble." Daniel gave a nervous laugh and walked into the hall at first he didn't see but when he turned to leave he came face to face. I stood still while he came closer to me. For a minute I thought he was going to kiss me but the thought soon left my mind when he moved to whisper something in my ear, "your brother still think I'm trouble, I can't help but say he can't be more wrong." And with that he left leaving me standing there more confused than ever.

After standing a long few minutes in the empty hall I went into the living room to find Sam lying on the couch face pressed down so I couldn't see it but by the way he was lying there motionless told me he was upset. I really wanted to know what the cause of all this was and wanted so bad to go to him, hug him and tell him everything was going to be okay. That's if there was anything that needed to be okay but I didn't do anything instead I just went to my room and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was overcome by deep sleep.

The next morning I slept in because one I forgot to set an alarm and two because Sam wasn't home to wake me up, so I took the opportunity to stay off school. I didn't really want to see Rose or Daniel today; I just wanted to spend some time on my own or maybe even Sam if he was home. In the end it turned out to be just me spending time with my self since Sam wasn't home the whole day. And when it got late and dark outside Sam still hadn't phoned or told me where he was making me get worried even though I was sure there was nothing wrong with him.

On Thursday school dragged on and the most annoying thing was Rose constantly asking, "Nora, tell me why you were crying on Tuesday and why weren't you in yesterday?" and me always having to reply with "Trust me Rose it was nothing if you really care like you say you do then you will believe me when I say it was nothing." And as much as I appreciated her asking and showing her concern it soon became annoying and the fact that I had to witness her kiss Daniel yet again made me even more annoyed at her. And yet again I had to take the bus after school because when I seen Sam in the morning he claimed he had 'Stuff' to do after school. Rose offered for me to ride with her but I refused numerously not only because I didn't want to be in the same car as her and her boyfriend but also because I wanted for some strange reason to see Damen again. He had really cheered me up the other day and he seemed like a really fun guy to have around even if it was only as a friend. And I figured a fun person was exactly what I needed just now.

When I got out the school I made my way to the bus stop. I looked around to see if Damen was anywhere but I found my self-disappointed when I didn't find him. I stood in the bus shelter and put my earphones in my ears to block out all the loud chatter that was coming from around me. I was listening to 'Bad Romance' by Lady Gaga when someone tapped my shoulder from behind. I turned earphones still in my ears when I came face to face with a smiling Damen. I soon found my self-smiling too. See what I mean when I said he cheers me up. I turned my ipod off and put in back in my bag and looked up at him, "Hey." "Hi," he greeted back

"Wass up," I asked

"Nothing much, what about you." He moved so could stand next to me.

"Same," I looked in the direction the busses came in time to find our bus stop at a red right. He followed my gaze and I was about to say something but he spoke first, "emm, I was waiting for someone at the school gates and thought I should come and say hi." "Are you not taking the bus then?" he shook his head and spoke again, "but I also had something to ask you." I nodded for him to continue and so he did "Well you see tomorrow night there's a party at a mates and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" I opened my mouth to say something but he held his hand stopping me "I know we hardly know each other but I need a date and I thought you'd be perfect but if you don't want to then I'll understand." At first I was going to say no because I hadn't even been here a week and going to party where I didn't know people scared me but then a party was exactly what I needed to get my mind of the tension that was between Sam and me and also to get Rose and Daniel's relationship out of my mind. "I would love to go," his smile widened if that was even possible "Really!" I nodded as he came towards me and hugged me tightly. He loosened his grip on me just as the bus came to a stop in front of us "Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow. I know where you sit at lunch, so we'll discuss more then." He said as I nodded and got on the bus.

When I got home Sam wasn't in which meant there was no food for me not that Sam ever cooked but he would of ordered something. After I ordered a pizza and had my share of it and left some slices for Sam I moved on to do some homework that was due the next day. Homework took longer than I had expected so by the time I had finished it was 6 o'clock. The rest of the night I watched TV and went on Sam's laptop. I went on facebook to find friends back form home commenting on my page asking me how London was and how things were going. After I replied to all of them I moved on to read my private message, which I knew before I even opened them were from my best friend because they were always more comfortable with sending me private messages consisting of private questions that they didn't want my other 210 friends seeing. I also replied to them even though I had promised long ago that I wouldn't keep in contact with my friends back home because when I left I wanted to leave everything and every one behind me. But I guess it was harder than I thought it would be because a week hadn't even past yet and I was missing them like hell. Sure enough I had made friends here in less than a week it wasn't the same as the ones I made back in Glasgow. I thought and loved them like they were my family.

When I had finished using the Internet I was shocked to see it was 11.20 but the fact that Sam was still not home shocked me even more. I waited for another half hour mostly because I wanted to see for my self that he was okay instead of the voice inside my head telling me he was. Just when I got fed up of waiting and I was about to go to bed my phone started ringing. The number was unknown and for a minute I wasn't going to pick up because that was what I usually did when I got phone calls from unknown numbers but then I decided against it. "Hello," my voice was barely louder than a whisper. "Hey, Nora is that you?" I can't explain how relieved I was to hear Jessica's voice. I hadn't seen or heard form her in the past few days and she couldn't have picked a better time to phone than now. I considered her as family because her being Sam's girlfriend made her pretty close to me. "Yeah, it's me." I replied voice still a whisper. "Oh Good because I was just phoning to let you know that Sam won't be coming home tonight because he'll finish work late and he has to go back early in the morning." Since when did he have a job I asked my self and why didn't he tell me? "What job would that be because he hasn't told me about any job," I said a little pissed of at the fact that my own brother got his girlfriend to phone me instead of phoning me him self. "Nora, his job is not a big deal. He probably just forgot to tell you." She replied nervously, the kind of nervousness that told you the person was lying. Was Jessica lying to me? I wanted to talk to her to make sure if she was telling the truth or not. I wanted to tell her how much the fact that he didn't bother to call him self and also his lack of trust in me hurt. How much his lack of time spent with me made me feel like I had no one in this world but I didn't say that instead I said, "Okay, listen I'm really tired and want to go to bed so thanks for your call, goodnight," and hung up not allowing her to say anything else.

That night was the first night I had cried after the day I found two policemen at my front door telling me that my parents had died in a car crash. I mostly cried at the fact that Sam was hiding something and he didn't trust me enough to tell me. That night I felt more alone than I had ever been because Sam was my only family left and he wasn't even around half the time. When my tears had dried up I fell a sleep with sore eyes and a sore head.

The next day was Friday, which meant tonight was the party that Damen had invited me to and it also meant that a week had past since I moved here. School went slowly up to lunchtime. I was seated with my usual lot of friend when Damen came and sat next to me. At first I was confused as to why he was there but then I remembered him telling me he would come and see me at lunch to discuss more about the party. I looked around to see all 5 girls giving me looks full of questions. "Hey gorgeous, you okay with going to the party tonight," Damen asked. "Yeah can't wait,"

"Great so I'll pick you up at 8. You have to text me your address, here." He passed me a folded note and left. I unfolded the note to find:

07892364866, text me your address xx

Scribbled on it. I folded the note and put it my pocket. "Nora, what party was that hot guy Damen talking about," Lauren asked I looked around to see Michelle, Lisa, Angelina, and Rose leaning towards me waiting for me to say something. I stayed quiet for a little longer than necessary debating whether or not to tell them, in the end I decided to tell them because what were friends for if you couldn't tell them about stuff like this. "Wow, he's so hot you're so lucky Nora. I wish he had asked me, I would so go." Lisa said after I had told them how I had met him on my second day in the bus stop and how yesterday he asked me to go to the party as his date. And to be honest Lisa was right about Damen being hot but me being lucky I wasn't sure about because the guy I really wanted belonged to someone else not exactly what I called lucky. "Yeah I guess but I have a problem. I don't have anything to wear." I had casual clothes but not something I could wear to a party. "I'll take you shopping after school!" Rose shouted voice full of excitement. By the end of lunch it was clear that Rose, Michelle and Lauren were going to go shopping with me after school. Lisa and Angelina were more than willing to come but they had plans so couldn't.

The last 2 classes dragged on which happened all the time when I was excited and couldn't wait to get out of school but when the final bell finally went I half ran half walked to the locker areas where I was supposed to meet up with the others. When we were all together we walked out of school chatting away like normal teenage girls. "Hey, what bus are we taking," I asked when we got out to the car park. Rose was the one to answer me, "Well you know Daniel usually picks me up so I texted him after lunch telling him about our shopping trip and told him not to pick me up but he insisted on giving us a ride for some reason." I just nodded and smiled like I didn't mind at all but inside I was screaming WHAT THE HELL! I couldn't even get a day without seeing him I thought to myself.

We walked to the usual spot Daniel parked in and found him leaning against the front of his black car wearing dark G-Star Raw jeans with a white long sleeve T-shirt that hugged his muscular body just fine. "Hey girls," he greeted. All 3 girls including Michelle and Lauren smiled widely but not in a flirty way while saying, "Hey Daniel." Rose moved closer to him and kissed his left cheek before getting into the front seat of his car while the rest of us got in the back. "So what you girls planning on buying today?" Daniel asked when we were all in the car. "We are not buying anything. Nora is the one who's doing all the shopping today. She has a date," Lauren replied happily. Daniel looked at me through the rear-view mirror with an unhappy expression on his face but he was soon went back to smiling as he said, "Has Nora ever told you guys that we were best friends when we were younger." Why did he just say that I asked my self confused. "Seriously!" Michelle, Lauren and Rose asked at the same time. "Seriously," Daniel replied. The rest of the car ride Daniel spent telling them about our past and how after he had moved we hadn't kept contact and how he happy he was when he seen me on my first day in Eastwood High. Every time I opened my mouth to say something he would cut me off making me even more annoyed at him, which was one of the reasons I was so happy when he parked out side Brent Cross shopping centre ending his long story.

I quickly got out of the car glad to get some air. "I can't believe you never told me you knew Daniel," Rose said as soon as she was out the car. "I didn't think our past really mattered since it was a long time ago." That was a total lie; the past that I spent being friends with Daniel was the one thing I would never forget no matter how much time passed. My thoughts were interrupted when Lauren spoke, "guys I know this really nice dress shop so we should check it out first." I was relieved to go shop so I didn't have to finish my conversation with Rose. We shopped for a long time till we finally found a cute red strapless dress that we all agreed would be the dress I would be wearing tonight. I bought some not so 'high' heels to go with the dress and matching jewellery. By the time we had finished shopping it was 5.50 pm leaving me with only 2 hours till Damen turned up at my door.

By 8 o'clock I was fully ready. My hair was curled. For my make-up I had applied a lot of mascara which made my eye lashes reach up to the top of my eye lid, the dark use of eyeliner on my top lid and the bottom of my eye made them look big and my natural looking blusher made me look like I had natural high cheekbones. To sum it up I looked good, more than good. I was in the middle of applying red lipstick to match my dress when the buzzer rang. I ran to the hall and picked it up, "Hello," I spoke into the receiver. "Nora, are you ready?" Damen asked. "Yeah, I'll be down in a sec." I quickly hung up not giving him time to reply and ran to my room to get my leather jacket and my phone.

When I got downstairs Damen was leaning his back against the closed driver's door. When he seen me he walked up to me and whispered in my ear, "Wow, you look smoking hot." I blushed a little, "Thanks you don't look so bad you self." During the ride up to the party I found some things out, like the party holder was Damen's best friend named Omar and that there were probably lot of people attending this party due to Omar knowing a lot of people. I was okay with that I didn't mind, the more people the better but then when Damen went on to tell me how some people were nice and some were not and some bad while some were good I got a bit nervous and top it up he told me how some of the girls there got jealous easily when they saw other girls looking better than them or prettier than them. He also told me that if by any chance I got any dirty looks from girl I was to under no circumstances return the dirty looks because according to him the girls are always up for a fight. By the end of Damen telling me all the things the night could bring I wasn't so sure about the party and wasn't sure if going was the right thing or not but then when I looked out of the window we had already parked outside a house which I guessed was Omar's due to the loud music that came from it into the quiet streets.

Daniel's POV.

I wanted to ask Rose who was Nora's date tonight but I had to wait till I had dropped the girls at their homes. When I had dropped the last one who happened to be Nora I didn't waste any time, "Rose, who's Nora's date tonight?" At first I thought she would mind me asking but the fact that she didn't hesitate to answer told me she didn't mind one bit, "A guy called Damen, he's in the year above us, she's his date for a party tonight." Damen, now why did that name sound familiar. I was parked outside Rose's house and I knew she wanted me to go inside with her but I had made plans to meet up with Chris my bestfriend since I hadn't seen him since last week end. "You want to come in," she asked I shook my head, "I promised to hang out with Chris tonight; it's been long since we hung out." She just smiled and kissed me on the lips before getting out of the car. I waited till she was inside before I drove away. I was speeding down town and heard my phone started ringing. The caller's number was Chris's I put my phone in speaker, "Hey, Chris."

"Yoo, bro there's a party at Omar's you wanna go?"

"Dunno depends on who's going to be there," I said into the phone

"Everyone! We can't miss it bro," for second I was going to say no but then I remembered Rose saying something about Damen and Nora going to a party and I couldn't help but think if it was the same one.

"Chris does the name Damen ring any bells?" I asked hoping he would say yes and tell me he was going to be there some how.

"Yah man, the dude's Omar's best friend." That's all I needed and wanted to hear. Usually I would say clear of Omar because they only meant one thing. Trouble but not tonight, not if Nora was going to be there.

"Count me in! What time is it starting?" I nearly shouted with excitement

"Great, 8.30 meet ya up there," and with that he hung up leaving me with a huge grin on my face. I don't know why but I was excited for the party. No wait I was more than excited. For some reason the thought of seeing Nora at the party made my night seem so much more exciting.

Continue Reading