The Adventures of Nightgirl

By tealyo101

Everyone in Gotham City has heard of Nightwing, Batman's protege, but no one has ever heard of his sister. As... More

Prologue
1: Stealing expensive things is hard work.
2: Meet the Bat family.
3: So the fight begins.
4: Say no to public showers
5: Bordem, Balls and Blackmail
6: Always kiss the speedster first
7: Training need i say more?
8: Robin? Oh hell no.
9: Training
10. The new room
11: School
Authors note!
12: Classes
14: A love for speed.

13: Date

46 0 0
By tealyo101

Her first few days at Gotham Academy flew by, she did her classwork, went to her gym classes, and otherwise existed in a total state of teenage normality. For the first time in her life, Ashley did not feel like she was drowning in responsibilities. 

That was, until she met her Ballet teacher Mrs. Aunette. 

Mrs. Aunette was a slim, dark skinned woman, who carried herself as regally as any royalty. She had long legs, and the most picturesque ballerina look to her. Her curly brown hair was pinned flat and not one single fly away dared to loose itself from the sever bun it was placed in.  

Her mannerism was as sever as her hairstyle. She gave compliments sparingly, and was as tough as any of her martial arts teachers. When she had met Ashley, the first thing she had done was say.

"You slouch." 

Ashley was then forced to straighten her posture completely after that. For two days after starting her class, Mrs. Aunette tested her flexibility and strength. Finding these to her liking, the hard woman had then taken measurements of Ashley's body, instructing Ashley to get the correct garments right away.

Later that night when Alfred brought her the parcel of clothes that had been ordered for her, she tore into it excited.

"You have GOT to be kidding me!" 

These were the first words to slip from Ashley's mouth as she saw the leotards and tights laid out across her bed. Some of course were workout leggings and long sleeve shirts, but the majority of them were skimpy.

"I'll look like a circus performer in these." 

With a sigh, she threw the scraps of clothing in her school bag, and flopped onto the bed. There was nothing to do now until training.

Thinking of her long lost speedster boyfriend, she picked up her cell phone and typed out a quick message to him.

Ashley- I heard about this great thing called a movie today in school. Wanna go to one?

Bart- Are you sure you can be seen in public with me? 

Ashley- See you at seven? 

Bart - <3 

Ashley grinned and tossed her phone aside, rolling off her bed with a grin of happiness. It was true that she had not talked to Bart much in the last few days, but she missed his company non-the-less. He had been a surprise that she had not expected, everything about him healed her brokenness over Able.

Shaking her head, she slipped into the hallway that lead down the hall to the training center. Reaching the end door, she pressed her thumb against the secret pad, and listened for the audible click as the door unlocked for her. 

Stepping inside the dimly lit room, Ashley surveyed the array of workout machines, fighting dummies, and gymnastics beams. Choosing to run on a treadmill as a warmup, she said,

"Play Shinedown." 

This was a trick she had picked up from her brother, the speakers here were automized to listen to voice commands. It hadn't taken Ashley long to create her own playlist of songs as she listened to the music downloaded onto her phone by Bart.

As the first notes of 'State of My Head' began to ring through the gym, Ashley began to loose herself in the music as she ran.

Soon, sweat was dripping down her face, and she slowed the treadmill. Hopping down, she turned to see Tim walking in the door of the training room. He was alone, and dressed to workout. 

She glanced at him awkwardly, wondering what he thought about her with Bart snuck into her room. Shaking her head, she turned and plopped down on a bench press machine. She should not be wondering about his opinion of her, this place was making her soft.  

Ashley slid the weights onto the bar, and then laid down under the bar. Bracing her palms against the cold metal she lifted it from its holder. 

Up

down 

up

down.

Her arms were starting to burn.

Down 

up

down 

up.

Her elbows trembled a little, and sweat was dripping into her eyes.

Up

down

u......

Her arms buckled under the weight, and she groaned with effort as she tried to force the weighted bar skyward. 

Strong hands gripped the bar and helped her to life it back onto the holders where it belonged. 

"You should really have someone spot you if you plan on lifting that much weight." The amused voice belonged to Tim. 

"Thanks." She muttered, and refused to look up him, her cheeks flushed hot with shame. 

"No problem. I was just about to spar with that dummy, would you like to take his place."

Since the incident with Stephanie no body had spared with her. Looking up at Tim in surprise, Ashley grinned and said.

"I'd love to be your dummy."  

Tim laughed at this and then made their way onto the practice mats. Tim looked around for a moment then asked,

"Weapons or hand to hand." 

Ashley grinned and thought for a moment. "Hand to hand."

Nodding, Tim turned and pulled off his sweatshirt, leaving only a white muscle shirt underneath. Ashley herself only wore a t-shirt and running shorts that Dick had bought for her when she first came here. 

Kicking off her shoes, she waiting until Tim seemed completely situated then bowed to him. 

He bowed back, then lunged at her ferociously. His attack caught her off guard for a moment, before she regained her battle sense. Instincts took over, and she ducked his first blow, jabbing out with her hand. Her fingers slammed into the soft spot between his ribs and arm, tweaking the nerve there. 

Tim's arm went limp, and he stared at it in astonishment. Ashley lunged at him, sweeping her leg at his as she did. He stepped back, and with her momentum, she helped him to fall over her leg with a firm push of her hands. 

Bracing a knee on his chest, Ashley poked a finer into the base of his throat and whispered, 

"Dead."

Lucky for her, Tim did not seem to hear her, instead he was focused on his slowly awakening arm. 

"How did you do that? You have got to teach me!" He exclaimed.

Ashley smiled slowly, and let her knee fall to one side of him, sitting back onto his chest to shake her head. 

"Its called Accupressure, I can teach you if you want."

He grinned at her, opening his mouth to say something.

"Ashley, your boy-toy is downstairs. Said something about a movie." 

It was Stephanie, looking at her a decent amount of venom in her blue eyes. Ashley leapt up and said,

"I've got to go! Sorry about your arm Tim, you should be able to move it in completely in about ten minuets." 

Racing out the door, she ran down the hallway. Her hair was sweaty, she had running shorts on, and Bart was already downstairs waiting for her. Skidding around the corner to her door, she flung open her door. Inside, she rummaged through her closet, attempting to find a cool, yet practical outfit.

From the stash of clothing that her brother had picked for her, Ashley grabbed a pair of blue jean shorts, and a t-shirt that had the words "Rock on" screened on it.

Brushing through her hair, she piled it up on her head in a mass of curling black coils. Checking her appearance once in the mirror, she turned and trotted down the stairs. At the bottom, she saw Alfred standing beside Bart. 

When the pair saw her descending the stairs, Alfred said "Master Bruce insists you return after the movie, your curfew is ten o-clock." 

Ashley nodded cooly to the man, then grinned at her date, who stood with a goofy grin on his face.

"You sure do keep me waiting for the right reason's." This drew an angry glance from the stiff butler beside him.

"I didn't forget you if that is what you're getting  at." Ashley said with a sniff, looking at the boy behind thick lashes.

"No, of course you didn't. Come on babe, we will miss our movie." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 98 7
Damian al ghul was 13 years old when Deathstroke aka slade Wilson attacked Nanda Parbat and killed both talia and Ra's al ghul Deathstroke and blows...
1.2K 77 20
All his life Damian Wayne had been told he was the sole heir to the Al Ghul and Wayne throne. But things quickly change when he and his unfamiliar tw...
3.7K 70 11
Isabelle Al Ghul is still figuring out her new life. She has been living under the same roof in Wayne manor as her brother, Damian Wayne. As time pas...
17.6K 472 31
Book1 in Blood of Gotham series What if Damian Al Ghul- Wayne wasn't the only child of Bruce and Talia. Shortly after the supposed death of the Batma...