Up in the Stars

By sapphox

Enid is moving across the world to attend university. Away from all that she knows, she soon finds herself a... More

Introduction
Beginning
Goodbyes
A New Home
Encounters
A Universe Tilts
And Another
Crescendo
History
Break, Repair
Up and Up Again
Field of Propositions
Sublime
Tempo
Burn
Found
Ensemble
Taken Care Of
Golden
Fire
A New Normal
Breathless
Touch
Enigma
Answers
Missing
Reassurance
Piano Keys
Lies and Truths
Plans
Icy
Disobedience
Between the Shelves
Cold Men
Awaken
Reconstruction
Dwelling
Morning
Creation
Fiction
Scar
Barren Field
Screens
Fall
Arrival
Cacophony
Just in Case
Sharp
Yield
Checkmate
Off the Beaten Path
Trouble
Hallow
Stolen Moments
Alert
Deceit
Horror
Fading
Devastation
Body and Soul
Paroxysm
Tenacity
Subjugation
Zenith
Sunder
Static
Peachy
Molten
Shutter
Tethered
King, Devil, Angel
Life and Death
Eternity
Epilogue
Thank You / Vignettes
Beneath the Surface

Heat

221K 6.7K 3.8K
By sapphox

Extra long chapter today!

And a very steamy scene with a certain Psychology professor.

Hope you enjoy!!

✵      ✵      ✵

Enid awoke to a sharp pain at her temples.

She stretched as she grasped onto consciousness, her eyes opening blearily.

Recognition dawned on her and she sat upright with a lurch.

Enid grabbed her phone from the bedside table and looked at the time.

3:28 AM

Shaking the last tendrils of drowsiness from her mind, she realized she must have fallen asleep after her little breakdown.

Slipping out of bed, she padded over to the restroom.

Freshened up and changed into pajamas, she returned to the massive bed.

For a few minutes she tossed and turned, her mind too full of thoughts to rest.

Admitting defeat, she retrieved her phone and turned on the flashlight setting before opening her bedroom door.

Silently, she crept down the seemingly endless steps to the first floor.

The estate was startling in the darkness, shadows seeming to move on their own accord.

At one point she accidentally shined the flashlight on one of the impressive portraits on the wall and nearly jumped out of her skin as she peered into the paintbrush eyes of a cherub.

Quickening her pace, she finally made it to the kitchen and flickered on the overhead lights.

She retrieved a glass from the cabinet and filled it with water, sighing at the cold relief on her strained throat.

Once she finished the glass, she began her journey back up the stairs.

She paused as she reached the final landing that held the doors to the bedrooms.

There was light shining from under one of the doors.

One of the immortals was awake.

Her feet brought her to stand before it, impulse raising her fist to knock lightly on the wood.

She fought the urge to scramble toward her door as she heard a rustling from inside.

Enid squinted at the sudden light as the door opened, revealing Theodore in a set of cobalt pajamas.

His shirt was unbuttoned, baring his muscled torso to her eyes.

He looked as though he had been carved from stone.

She swallowed thickly as she took in the dark trail of hair that ran beneath his bellybutton.

Enid blushed, dropping her eyes from his alabaster skin to stare down at her light pink painted toes.

"Are you alright, darling?" His eyebrows furrowed as he looked down at her, his voice even huskier than normal.

"Yes, I'm sorry to disturb you. I just saw the light on and..." She trailed off, suddenly feeling foolish for her actions.

Why had she knocked?

It felt almost as though a string had pulled her there, tugging and tugging.

"You're never a disturbance, Enid. Would you like to come in?" His tone gentle as he brushed his hand beneath her chin to raise her eyes to his.

She sucked in a breath.

Go into his room?

Her head was nodding before her mind had the chance to catch up to her heart.

Theodore stepped to the side, still close enough that her arm brushed against his bare chest as she entered.

The room was large, about the size of her own.

His alluring scent was everywhere in the space and she inhaled deeply.

Like cologne and citrus and something deliciously bitter.

The walls were a dark silver, black accents contrasting in the modern space.

A large desk sat against the far wall, the open laptop showing what he must have been working on before she knocked.

The sleek bookcases beside her were filed neatly in alphabetical order.

His bed was large with a charcoal duvet and sheets.

She held in a giggle as she took in how ridiculous her light pink camisole and pajama shorts looked in comparison to the masculine space.

"I like your room." Enid said, her toes wiggling in the plush carpet.

"Thank you. What has kept you from sleep, little one?" He inquired, moving to the desk to shut the laptop.

She pondered his question for a moment.

"I woke up about an hour ago and couldn't fall back to sleep. I'm sorry I fell asleep before dinner last night; it was a long day." Enid apologized, her chest tightening as she remembered the sobs that had wracked her body.

Long indeed.

"No need for apologies. We found you asleep when we came up to check on you and didn't want to wake you up. Rest is healing. And you look so endearing while asleep." His lips quirked into a small smile.

She blushed at his words, an image of the three of them watching her drool flashing in her mind.

"What made yesterday long?" His question pulled her from the mortifying vision.

"Well, I-" She worried her lip, trying to collect her thoughts.

"Don't worry, darling. We can discuss it in the morning. Why don't you come sit down for a bit?" His eyes predatorial from where he sat on the edge of the bed.

"Oh, I don't want to intrude even more than I have..." Enid replied softly, her feet tingling with the urge to step toward him.

"Come here, Enid." Theodore commanded, the air around them prickling with electricity.

With clumsy legs, she walked to him.

As soon as she was near enough, his hands gripped her hips and pulled her into the space between his parted legs.

She glanced up at him, his face now quite near to her own.

Even sitting, he was still taller than her.

"Theo-" She was cut off by a firm press of his lips to her jaw.

"It's daddy tonight, little one." His voice was molten as trailed his mouth down her neck.

She felt a tugging just below her belly button and her hands rose to tangle in his dark hair.

A puff of air rushed past her lips as he took the delicate skin between his teeth and bit softly.

"Daddy." Her voice was breathless, her skin hot as he pulled down the left strap of her top.

He hummed in approval as he kissed his way back up the expanse of her throat, his sapphire eyes shining in the soft lighting.

He threaded one of his hands in her curls as he tipped her head back slightly before pressing his lips firmly to her own.

His tongue darted out against her lips and they parted for him eagerly.

Theodore groaned as their tongues tangled, his hands reaching down to pull her tighter against him.

He guided her legs up onto the bed so that she was straddling him.

Something hard pressed against her core and she subconsciously rocked against it as the now familiar ache began to grow inside of her.

A hiss slipped from his lips as she did so, his eyes closing as his head dropped back.

"You're such a good girl." His words trailed along her skin like silk and she smiled at the praise.

He cursed as she moved quicker, his eyes opening to show that his pupils had grown.

Only a small sliver of the blue was left to be seen.

With a fluid moment, he flipped them so that she was beneath him.

For a moment, he simply stared down at her with intense eyes.

"Beautiful." His compliment was uttered like a prayer.

His eyes asked permission as his fingers ran along the strip of skin between her camisole and shorts.

She nodded, unsure of what he was asking but sure that she would give him anything that he would ever ask for.

He peeled the top from her torso, leaving her chest completely bare.

Her nipples hardened in the cool air, a gasp leaving her lips as he leaned down toward her.

His mouth was hot against her flesh, his hand massaging the breast that was left unattended.

A moan fell from her lips as he pressed his hips against hers.

She pushed at the material of his shirt and he pulled it off with ease.

Her small hands tracked across his torso, exploring the curves of muscle.

There were a few scars along his ribs, silver against his granite skin.

She pressed a soft kiss to them.

"You're so perfect. Perfect for me. Perfect for us." He said between kisses as he trailed down her stomach.

Her core was pure liquid as she watched his path.

"May I take off your shorts?" Theodore's eyes searched her expression.

"Yes." She barely recognized her own voice, so heady with pleasure.

"Yes, what?" He quirked one of his dark eyebrows.

Her blood thrummed in her veins.

"Yes, daddy." Her response was the key and soon her shorts were peeled from her legs.

Leaving her now completely bare.

When he descended upon her, his hot mouth against the apex of her thighs, she thought for a moment that she had died.

Such bliss, such heat raced through her.

Her back arched off the bed as a cry flew from her lips.

Hands clenching in the sheets, she melted.

Within minutes, she was shattering.

Trembling and shaking with waves of indescribable rapture.

"That's it darling, come back to me." Theodore whispered against her temple, pulling her boneless body up to the top of the bed to rest against him.

He pulled the soft bedding over them, pressing a kiss to her damp forehead.

The aftershock slowly wore off and she flushed at what had happened.

The moment wrapped around her like a blanket, warm and safe.

"Sleep, darling." His voice was velvet as his fingers traced soothing circles on her shoulder.

She obeyed with displeasure.

For dreams could not compare to the reality of him.

✵     ✵     ✵

Wow, is it hot in here or is it just those two?

This is book is my first venture into writing adult scenes, so I'd really appreciate your feedback!

Comments fill my heart with joy.

All my love, Sappho ✵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

608K 16.4K 52
A seemingly innocent girl draws the interest of her three new professors with a dark background, only they are unaware that her life is remarkably si...
82.8K 4.4K 44
π™π™€π˜Όπ˜Ύπ™ƒπ™€π™ 𝙭 π™Žπ™π™π˜Ώπ™€π™‰π™ π™π™Šπ™ˆπ˜Όπ™‰π˜Ύπ™€ I have seen/read many stories where a student is crazy in love with her professor.. but what happens...
864 5 7
❛Shhh... take it like a good student❜ Now entering third year of college, jeiel felt a sense of stagnancy engulf her life. The constant cycle of stu...
626K 9.5K 30
[completed] She's so innocent and even more naive. They want her, no they need her to be completely complete. Once they have her, no one else will ma...