The Last Dragon

Av cryptid-l0ver

"A Targaryen all alone in the world it's a terrible thing." After Daenerys death, her daughter Daenys, flew a... Mer

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Final Chapter
Author Note
☕Buy me a Coffee!☕
Author Note!

Chapter Eight

3.3K 105 1
Av cryptid-l0ver

The cold wind was hitting my face, drying my tears a little. How could I be so stupid! Mother always taught me not to let men get in my head, taught me to be a strong woman. And never be manhandled...Valar Morghulis...that's what mother would say.

Me and Drogon have been flying for hours, if not a day. I would be lying if I say that I know where am I, looking down I only saw trees and around us, there is no sight of civilization. A sigh fell from my lips, I know we should stop and let Drogon rest but I'm afraid that any threat could go upon us when we were resting.

My thoughts were interrupted by a roar that Drogon let go, manifesting his tiredness "I know, my sweet friend...Let's rest for a bit." I look down and saw a small clearing, I order him to land there for a bit, so he could rest. Climbing off from his back, I pet his head "Stay here and rest. I will go see if there is any river nearby." with that, I walk into the dense forest, looking for some water to drink.

After a while, I found a small river, with clear water. I sigh in relief and sat on my knees by the river bank. I begin drinking some water and when I was satisfied, I begin washing my hands and face. As I was cleaning my dry tears, I notice my reflection on the clear water. I look weak and tired, there were dark circles under my violet eyes, my brown skin was paler and my long silver hair was a mess from flying. Closing my eyes, my thoughts begin to drift back to the emotionless, cold face of Thranduil. The evil smirk that it formed on his face when he told me that I was a mere pretty thing to pass time...just to be used as a doll and throw away when he was finished playing it. Thorin was right. I shouldn't trust elves...

I look to the sky, seeing dark clouds begin forming, ready to let go of a heavy rain. Standing up, I begin walking in the direction where I came from. Suddenly, a sound of heavy feet's hitting the ground grab my attention. I look at the direction where the noise came from and start to follow it, passing through some bushes and trees. I stop where the ground ended, that lead me to a huge cliff, I look down and a small gasp escapes from my mouth. Down below, a huge number of orcs marched, full of armor and all sorts of weapons, ready to attack. I look at the direction that they were marching for and my eyes widened. They are going to Erebor! Turning back, I run to where Drogon was, climbing to his back "Come on, Drogon! Those stubborn dwarfs and snobby elves need our help!" with that he jumps into the air, flapping his wings, flying us towards Erebor. I hope that I will arrive on time.

                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~

(Thranduil P.O.V)

How did I get into this mess? Not only that stubborn dwarf king didn't accept our deal, now his cousin came with his army. I let out a sigh and order my elk to move in front of my army, I yell the order to shoot, letting go a rain of arrows on the dwarf's army but two huge propellers like, clean all the arrows on the air and land on my army. Damn! Those dwarfs have more defense mechanisms than us, I order the first front the ready they shield as I see the dwarf's cavalry coming closer. I stay back, seeing my army killing those filthy dwarfs. I look to Bard, who was trying to calm down his people, "Stay put! Let my army finish them." I say firmly, he only nods and continues calming his people along with Mithrandir and the halfling.

Suddenly the ground begins shaking, I look to Mithrandir "They have arrived!" he said with a firm voice. Oh no! There was a huge explosion as the giant's worms jump from the ground, letting the orc army come out. Dain begins shouting for his army to ready and form a wall with their shields.

My army stays still, ready for my orders. Mithrandir runs to me "King Thranduil! This is madness! You need to do something!" he yells to me. My heartbeat begins to beat faster, as everything around me goes slow motion. What have I done? I led my people into a battle that it didn't concern us! Everything I do, only bring death and pain.

Suddenly, a loud roar grabbed my attention and of everyone even the orcs. Looking up, I couldn't see almost anything because of the sunlight hitting my eyes but I saw a black figure, flying down to us. I heard Mithrandir and the halfling gasp and look to them with a confused look "I knew it that she wouldn't turn her back to us!" the halfling said with excitement in his voice, Mithrandir nods and smiled proudly. Looking up again to the black figure, now closer I notice that was Daenys, with her beast. My eyes widened as her dragon blow the most part of the orc army, setting fire to the first row.

The people of Laketown begin cheering for their savior, Bard looks to me "I will lead my people to Dale and try to take the rest of the people out of here!" with that he was gone, leading his people away from the battle.

The iron foot joins the battle, killing every orc that passes in front of them. Mithrandir grab his sword "Thranduil! You must help them!" he says as he starts running to the battle with the halfling close behind. Grabbing tightly the handler of my sword, "Attack!" I yell to my army, ordering my elk to move forward.

(Daenys P.O.V)

Most of the first row of the orc's army was burning, I turn Drogon and ready for another attack. I notice that the dwarf army has joined the battle as well the elves, I led Drogon more into the orc's army for not kill any dwarf or elf.

I look down and saw some cave trolls running towards the Dale town, ready to attack the people there. Grabbing tightly on Drogon spikes "Dracarys!" I said firmly, making him burn every monster near the town. A smirk grew on my face as I hear the screams of agony of the orcs and the trolls, smelling their skin burning. Looking down, I notice that Thorin is still inside of his precious mountain. Why isn't he here, fighting with his people? Suddenly a huge rock flew pass through us, I look down and saw a troll with a catapult on his back, aiming at us. Fuck! Drogon dodged the second rock and flew towards the troll, grabbing him by the head with his claws and threw him in air, as he rips off the troll head.

After some time, setting fire to orcs and trolls, I order Drogon to land on the wall of Dale town. I order him to blow his fire forward, killing every orc that was running towards the town. I see Gandalf and Bilbo running to me "I'm glad that you've come!" Gandalf says with a smile, I return the smile "And when our lovely dwarf king while joining the battle?" I ask sarcastically. Bilbo looks down ashamed by his friend's actions, Gandalf sighs "I hope soon enough." as he said those words, a huge gold bell blows the front entrance of Erebor. A small smile broke on my lips as I see the company running to battle, joining us. I look to Gandalf "You were right, Gandalf. As always." a smirk form on his lips, Bilbo smiled but it disappeared as he notices Thorin, Dwalin, Fili and Kili climb the mountain on their goats "Where are they going?!" he asked worriedly. Gandalf frowns "To cut the snakehead!" I look up and saw Azog on top of the mountain waiting for them.

I could go and help them but the people here need me, and I know that Thorin could beat Azog on the fight. The sound hooves hitting the floor grabbed my attention, and saw on the bridge Thranduil mounting an elk running to us. A small smile form on my lips as I see that he was okay.

As he was getting closer to the gate, the orcs shoot they arrows to the elk's neck, killing it. Thranduil falls on the floor, I turn Drogon back and order him to blow his fire on the orcs in front of Thranduil.

The orcs scream in horror and start running away in fear of Drogon, yelling to retreat. Thranduil looks to me and gives me a little nod in thanks, then begins killing every orc that was near him. A sigh fell from me as I notice how he looks to me with a cold look. Moving my gaze to the top of the hill, I saw the rest of the orc's army arriving. I look to Gandalf "I will take care of the rest of the army! Protect the people here!" with that Drogon flies us into the sky.

As we were getting closer, I notice the eagles flying with us and on top of one of them was Beorn. A smirk appears on my face "I thought that a bear couldn't fly!" I yell at him. Beorn looks to me and rolls his eyes, jumping out of the eagle and transforming into his bear form, landing on the orc's army.

The eagles started diving down and killing the orcs, throwing them on the air and ripping off their heads. I order Drogon to also dive down and set fire to the orcs, blowing everything below us.

                                                                    ~~~~Time-Skip~~~~

The battle was won. Sauron army has fallen but they took with them the last line of Durin. I was standing beside Bilbo, hearing Gandalf's speech on Thorin, Fili, and Kili's funeral. The iron foot, people of Laketown and even the Mirkwood elves were there, mourning the loss of the King of Lonely Mountain. A tear falls from down my cheek, I didn't end well with Thorin but I know that he was a good man and during the trip, we had good moments together.

I look down at Bilbo and saw that he was trying to clean his tears. I put my hand on his shoulder and gave it a little squeeze, he looks to me and I give him a sad smile. This will be hard for him...He has never witnessed death this close.

After the funeral, I walk to Drogon and pet his warm scales, making him purring "Ready to go home, old friend?" I ask him with a soft voice. His eyes left mine and look behind me. Confused by this I look back to see what he was looking at, my eyes widened as I see Thranduil standing there looking to me. He took a step forward "I see that you're leaving..." he says with an awkward voice, looking to Drogon suspicious. I nod and let out a sigh "Yes...I'm going back to Gandalf cabin..." I say quietly, we stay there for a while in silence, trying to avoid our gaze.

After a while, he let out a long sigh "I'm sorry, Daenys....for everything I've said to you. I'm here to ask you if you want to stay in Mirkwood?... Your friend also can stay." his voice came out weak, full of guilt. Do I want to return there? Knowing that I was just a mere thing to him! I close my eyes, I know that I want to stay there..."Okay... I will stay there for a while. Then I will return to Gandalf cabin." a huge smile spread on Thranduil face, he about hugged me as I took a step back "As friends of course!... King Thranduil." I say softly, with a firm look on my eyes. He looks down, trying to hide his disappointment "Of course, Lady Daenys!... Now should we go?" he asks a while offering me his hand, I nod and turn back, climbing Drogon back "I will meet you there, King Thranduil!" with that me and Drogon fly into the sky, leaving behind a sad elven king.

I will be firm and don't let him enter my heart ever again.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

301K 13.2K 52
Aisha Velaryon is the youngest daughter of Corlys and Rhaenys. Their miracle baby. Only a year younger than Aegon and destined for greatness. 🔥 He...
174K 6.3K 53
War is unpredictable, harsh, and definitely frightening. This holds true for those fighting in battles and those that suffer of dwindling recourses...
482 15 8
For a fantasy book, this one will be pretty far fetched. But overall I hope that you'll enjoy it's content. This story is a Game of Thrones Fanfic w...
76.1K 1.9K 32
The quality is bad lol, but it was very important to young me, so no hate, pls. Nymeria just wanted a quiet life in the woods, alone. But somehow fa...