Heirs

By AmberHeartff

cover is temporary. From a young age Frost has been on her own, forced to live off scraps, the few coins she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

12 1 0
By AmberHeartff

Groaning, I opened my eyes to see everyone looking at me with mixed emotions. Looking down I hugged myself, guilt clawing at my stomach and heart.

"Name," startled, I look up to see an angry Mitch, sword in hand and pointed at me, " I said name!!" Whimpering, I hugged myself tighter, snow and ice forming around me and it didn't help that my head hurt from all the negative energy in the room.

"Mitch that's enough! Back off!" Seto said, pulling him away from me, "she's terrified enough as is! Besides, all the negative energy in the room is giving me a headache," he looked at me as he said this and I nodded in agreement. 

Mitch growled and sat next to Jerome. Bowing my head I began to cry, snowflakes falling from my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry…!" I say, speaking for the first time since I got here, "I-I never m-ment to hurt anyone… I l-lost control of my m-magic… it was an a-accident…" Seto knelt in front of me as I pulled his cloak further around me.

"It's alright. We know you didn't mean to hurt anyone and that's all that matters," he told me, putting a hand on my shoulder, "you hungry? I made you some stew if you want it."

Nodding I took the bowl and slowly began to eat the stew. Knowing that they wouldn't be satisfied until I had finished my bowl I pushed through the pain in my stomach after my tenth bite.

"How long has it been since you last ate?" Looking up I saw it was Ty who had spoken from where Quinten was treating his burns. Looking down at my now empty bowl I decided that I needed to answer their questions. 

"A-about a month…?" I muttered, "I don't know exactly…"

"Figures, you appeared to be in pain after your tenth bite," Quinten said, "what about your name?"

"Frost…" I answer, "My n-name is Frost." Nodding Seto looks down at me.

"Where are your parents if you don't mind me asking?" He asked politely. 

"M-my parents..?" I asked only to get a nod in response, "my mother died during a squid attack when I was four…"

"What about your father?" Ian asked. I just shook my head.

"Never really knew him…" I said, "I was too young to remember too much about him… but I remember that he would visit every couple months on the date of my birthday only to stop four months before my fourth birthday…" Gripping my pendant I started to panic when I realized that I didn't have my father's guitar. Frost began to form on the table where my hand lay, "m-my guitar! W-where's my guitar?!"

"Hey calm down, Frost," Seto said summoning the guitar to him in a purple mist, "Here." Taking the guitar from him I check it over to make sure it didn't have any scratches and tuned it.

"You play?" Ian asked me curiously. Nodding, I continue to tune and check it over. When I was satisfied I held it close and looked up at them.

"D-do you have anymore questions?" I ask. Ty nodded and spoke up.

"How old are you?" he asked me. Having to think about it for a minute I scrunch up my brow.

"I think… I'll be 17 in about a week? If I remember correctly, the attack will have been 13 years ago on my birthday. Heh… funny how life works," I tell them. Frowning I look down to see snow gathered in my lap. Closing my eyes I look up hearing gasps. Sighing I hug myself tightly.

"Your tears… their made of snowflakes?" Ty asked as he came closer to me. Whimpering slightly I nod. They all look at me in wonder. 

"I've lived a long time but I have never seen anything like that." Seto stated. Quinten came over to me and began to poke and prod at me asking me simple questions to do with my health. He continued to do this for a bit until finally standing up straight and looking me in my eyes.

"How often do you go without any sort of food on average? What's the longest you've gone without food?" He asked me.

"On average? M-maybe a month… the longest I've ever been without any sort of food is about… three months? It was when I was first orphaned and nobody wanted me and they were too selfish to help a four year old that had just lost her mother and had no idea where her father was…" I quietly told them. They all looked at me with pity and guilt, probably at the idea of not being able to help or protect people like me sooner. This ticked me off, "Don't you dare beat yourselves up about this! Your all not much older than I am, except maybe Seto. There was no way you could have protected us at the time! It was Notch's job, his army's job to protect the little people but they didn't! They were too busy protecting the higher class citizens and the smaller lower classes paid for it with their lives. It is their job to live with that guilt, not yours. It's your job to be better, to be stronger, not just for the citizens but for your recruits and for each other. I didn't have anyone growing up, but you guys do. You have each other. Use that to your advantage." I hadn't even realized that I had stood up with my eyes closed as I spoke, or that my wings and circlet had appeared. It wasn't until I had stopped speaking that I opened my eyes and noticed the weight of my circlet on my head and saw my eyes glowing and my wings in my reflection in the window.

Taking a deep breath my wings and circlet disappeared but my eyes continued to glow. Sitting back down I held my head in my hands trying to get my eyes to stop glowing.

"That was amazing Frost," Sky said. Looking up at him I shake my head.

"I don't even know where that all came from…" I tell them, "I just… I hadn't even realized I had stood up, let alone transformed. I was just so lost in my head remembering the attack that-"

"Your right," Seto said, interrupting me, "It's not our responsibility to feel guilty for all the lives lost that day, but it is our job to feel guilty for those that have been lost since we became a team." They all nodded in agreement. After a bit, my eyes had finally stopped glowing. Looking up I see everyone looking at me expectantly. 

"What?" I ask them sleepily. I knew it was late, I didn't even have to look outside to know that. I just wanted to sleep. I knew that if I were to sleep then the Void would consume me like every night I slept. It would haunt me with nightmares made from the memories of my past, but at that moment I didn't care. I was exhausted, and it wasn't like I would sleep very long anyways. With all the nightmares I get and my fear of losing control while I slept, I developed insomnia. Yawning I heard them chuckling.

"How about we show you where you will be staying while you're here," Jason stated. Nodding I shakily stand up and follow them out of the kitchen. As we walked I stayed in the back of the group. Suddenly I felt something on my shoulder. Looking up I see Ty was the one that had put a hand on my shoulder, Jason and Sky walking next to me as well and Seto not far ahead. 

"You doing ok? We can sense you panicking," Jason asked. I just nod.

"Yeah I'm okay, this is just all so new to me," I tell them. Ty just smiles at me.

"Understandable. It's a new and unfamiliar place. The three of us can relate." Jason said. I just look at them confused. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. Ty chuckled.

"Do you not understand what your circlet and wings mean?" He asked. I shook my head no.

"I've had them since I was four. I got them after my powers showed themselves during the attack," I explain. 

"You've been an heir for that long?!" Sky asked, shocked. I just looked even more confused. Facepalming, Ty began to explain.

"An heir is someone who is to ascend to the throne. The three of us are heirs. The fact that you have the circlet of the overworld means you are the heir to the throne of the overworld," he said. I looked at them shocked.

"Wait if the three of you are heirs, which thrones are you the heirs to?" I asked.

"I'm the heir to the throne of the End realm. My name is actually Enderlox, Ty and Deadlox are just nicknames but I say Ty is my real name to hide my identity as an heir," Ty says

"My name is actually Jason WitherMU and I'm the heir to the throne of the Underworld," Jason stated.

"And my full name is Skybrine. I'm the heir to the throne of the Nether," Sky finished. I smile at them.

"Alright we're here!" Mitch calls from the front. Upon entering the room, I see it's quite plain.

"Since your more than likely going to be staying here from now on, you can decorate the room however you want," Seto said.

"Thanks…" I state.

"You're welcome. Get some rest. We will be asking you more questions about yourself tomorrow," Ian says. 

"We will also be starting your new eating schedule. From now on we will slowly be getting your body used to eating more often. Once your able to eat every day we will work on the amount your able to eat," Quinten said.

"And Sky, Ty, Jason and I will start helping you train your magic," Seto stated. Smiling I look at them, feeling something I haven't felt since before my mother died. I felt like I mattered, that I wasn't dirt on the bottom of someone's shoe.

"Thank you. I'm going to get some rest," I say sleepily, "I promise to answer what questions I can or feel comfortable answering in the morning."

Nodding they all leave me alone in my new room. Sighing I set my father's guitar against the small bedside table and lay down in the bed. Closing my eyes I toss and turn for a bit until I finally get comfortable. It had been years since I had last slept in a bed. Sighing, I finally fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

806K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
79.9K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
215K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
599K 9.3K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...