Icy Inferno (Troyler AU)

By TroylerToujours

Tyler is a Fire. He's a hot-headed student who seems to do well without trying. Troye is a Water. He wants to... More

⋙ Chapter Two
⋙ Chapter Three
⋙ Chapter Four
⋙ Chapter Five
⋙ Chapter Six
⋙ Chapter Seven
⋙ Chapter Eight
⋙ Chapter Nine
⋙ Chapter Ten
⋙ Chapter Eleven
⋙ Chapter Twelve
⋙ Chapter Thirteen
⋙ Chapter Fourteen
⋙ Chapter Fifteen
⋙ Chapter Sixteen
⋙ Chapter Seventeen
⋙ Chapter Eighteen
⋙ Chapter Nineteen
⋙ Chapter Twenty
⋙ Chapter Twenty-One
⋙ Chapter Twenty-Two
⋙ Chapter Twenty-Three
⋙ Chapter Twenty-Four
⋙ Chapter Twenty-Five
⋙ Chapter Twenty-Six
⋙ Chapter Twenty-Seven
⋙ Chapter Twenty-Eight
⋙ Chapter Twenty-Nine
⋙ Chapter Thirty
⋙ Chapter Thirty-One
⋙ Chapter Thirty-Two
⋙ Chapter Thirty-Three
⋙ Chapter Thirty-Four
⋙ Chapter Thirty-Five
⋙ Chapter Thirty-Six
⋙ Chapter Thirty-Seven
⋙ Chapter Thirty-Eight
⋙ Chapter Thirty-Nine
⋙ Chapter Fourty
⋙ Chapter Forty-One
⋙ Epilogue

⋙ Chapter One

10.3K 377 800
By TroylerToujours

Why would you speak to me that way?
Especially when I always said that I
Haven't got the words for you
All your diction dripping with disdain

Oxford Comma ~ Vampire Weekend

Troye

"I'm calling bullshit on this one."

A cold breeze swept over us, as if giving a final farewell as we entered the hell that lay before us. We were all dragging our feet through the school doors after what seemed like a blissful eternity. People casted elemental spells in their last moments of freedom, praying that by some miracle they didn't have to endure what lurked ahead. Laughter and hope died at the door.

Unfortunately for Caspar, our questions didn't.

"What did you actually do for two weeks?" I asked him, watching him twitch uncomfortably. During the summer none of us - us being me, Hannah and Alfie - could contact him for a while. It was odd, considering he was always on his phone. Even as we walked down the dilapidated corridors, he had his phone passing from hand to hand. Sparks appeared at his fingertips occasionally as he threw it. I could tell he was getting annoyed.

"Nothing important," he said.

"Okay, maybe I'm asking the wrong question. Who were you doing over the two weeks?"

"Not funny Troye," he snapped as Hannah and Alfie burst into a fit of laughter. He growled at them to cut it off but that only resulted in Alfie saying "Maybe it was Joe. Wait no, it was definitely Joe. Look at his face!"

"How did things go with Zoe then, hmm?" He retorted. "Did she finally catch you staring at her from across the road?"

I gave short laugh. "Puh-lease! If she had, Alfie would've been talking about it non-stop."

All of a sudden the spotlight shone down on me. Like a pack of wolves they turned, smiling maliciously

"Tell us about your holiday romance then, Troye."

"Yeah," jeered Alfie.

"Come on, you know nothing happened. I spent most of it on Tumblr and the rest of it eating. What kind of internet kid do you take me for? I'm not remotely interested in anyone, other than Frank Ocean."

"Not for much longer," Hannah piped up. My eyebrow shot up. What did Frank do? "I saw a total hottie earlier, right up your saucy street."

"Wait, really? What'd he look like?" I took a sip of tea from my cardboard cup to hide my curious smile.

"Well, he had black glasses, so he might be a hipster like you," I rolled my eyes at her but she continued regardless. "...Beautiful greeny-blue eyes, maybe.... Kinda short, but muscular. Oh and his hair! It was turquoise, in a quiff-"

"Hannah, that sounds an awful lot like Tyler."

I spat out my tea. Alfie cackled as it dripped down my chin. I wiped it off with the back of my hand, my mouth falling wide open. How could Hannah even think that I could ever be with him?

Hannah seemed unfazed by my reactions. "He got hot over the summer."

"I will never find Tyler Oakley hot."

"Never?"

"Never."

Hannah shrugged. "Your loss."

And with that they left me, alone outside the chemistry classroom, heading towards politics. We'd all got our timetables early, checked frantically to see if we shared any lessons, just to discover I was alone for most - not that minded. I actually planned on doing well this year. Although I loved them, they were distracting.

I pushed open the creaky door, greeted by a wave of despair and a salty scent. Only one person looked remotely cheerful, and that was Mr Green.

"Ah, Mr Mellet, good to see you arriving on time today! Sadly you need to chuck the coffee. No drinks in a science lab, just like last year."

"It's tea, actually," I said, already throwing it in the bin by the door.

He smiled. "Feeling British today are we, what what?" He said in possibly the worst accent I have ever heard. He'd spoken in the Hollywood-"British" accent, which was painful to listen to. A couple of heads looked up to pull a grimace as if taking personal offence to someone butchering their accent.

I gave a small smile, my quiet classroom demeanour coming into play. Afterwards I headed to the very back corner. It was universally known that Mr Green never picked on anyone in that corner. Luckily for me, the people who wanted to avoid questions weren't in yet. Those who had arrived were either on their phones, silently head-banging to music, or whispering softly to their friends. Mr Green didn't mind that, unlike most teachers. He seemed intent on reading his book about giraffes. Besides, there was still another five minutes before the lesson actually started.

I sat mindlessly writing lyrics down on a piece paper already on the desk.

I may be bitter but you're a lemon
I might be lost but you're marooned

I scribbled out the words. It had been weeks since I'd last wrote something decent. Inspiration had been hard to find. Nothing remotely interesting had occurred in my life. It was difficult trying to come up with more than three songs about the horrors you see on the internet.

Before I could hunt for words again, the bell tolled. My sentence had just begun.

Mr Green slammed his book down on the table. Everyone jumped, including himself.

"Good morning class! Who's excited to explore the wonders of chemistry this year?" No one spoke. "Okay, don't all rush tell me at once. I know, I know, the first lesson on your first day back is a nightmare. Don't worry, I have an experiment planned to make it a little less stressful." Someone whooped. "Yes yes, it's all very exciting. Now, let's see..." he began counting seats "... we should have another two-"

The door burst open, revealing a sweaty-faced Marcus. With his spotty complexion, it was laughable that I'd ever found him attractive.

"Mr Butler, you're late. And where is Mr Oakley?"

Enter Tyler.

The world seemed to drain of all colour but him as he stood in the doorway. Unlike Marcus, he wasn't panting; he looked like he'd just been on a pleasant stroll. His white sweater was rolled up to his elbows, with a purple shirt and bow-tie visible just below his rosy face. His eyes were swimming with laughter. And his hair.... No way was that colour acceptable. He smiled as if to say he knew it too. Alas, no teacher would bother to call him out on it. His grades were too high for them to do that.

When I went to look at Mr Green's subdue anger, I thought I might be wrong. "It's so nice of you to grace us with your presence, Mr Oakley. I feel well and truly blessed."

"You're welcome sir. God sent me to this room especially to please you." He grinned brightly back at him. Some sniggered. I didn't. It wasn't funny in the slightest. I found myself grinding my teeth together at the sight of him. How could he do that? How could smile like the world was so bright? It must be an obnoxious Fire thing. As if sensing my thoughts, he turned to me. For a moment - one shining moment - his smile faltered.

"Find a seat, Oakley. Away from Butler, mind. I don't need you distracting him this year." You knew Mr Green was annoyed when he no longer added the honorific title.

Tyler rolled his eyes, as if to say he'd be a distraction anywhere. He scanned the room, looking for a spare seat. I felt a smirk on my face, assuming he'd have to sit at the very front. Then I realised those seats were taken. And there was only one seat left.

Next to me.

As he ambled towards me, his shoulders perceptibly tensed up. I looked away from his advancing figure, instead watching Mr Green write on the board. I felt the pen in my hand begin to crack under my vice grip. I didn't bother getting a new one out my pencil case. If ink was to stain my hands, I could always wash it away with a flick of the wrist.

I heard the screech of a chair besides me. In the corner of my vision, I could see him sit down heavily besides me. I wouldn't look directly over at him: if he caught me staring he'd make me the butt of one of his jokes. He carefully got out his books and pens from his rucksack. One pen touched my hand and I found myself wincing at the heat radiating from it. He reached out to grab it quickly, but not quick enough for me not to notice the tattoo.

On his left wrist was a golden phoenix, rising from the flames. It wouldn't take a genius to know he was Fire from that. I didn't think he'd be so stupid as to make his powers that obvious. Having an elemental power wasn't seen as a blessing in society, unless you went to a school in the middle of the countryside which tailored for all four elements and cross-breeds.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, we went to a school like that.

"You're not very good at hiding your element," I said in a low voice. I knew I was breaking my silent rule of not speaking to anyone in class - especially to the likes of Tyler Oakley - but I felt the need to, for once.

He turned to look at me slowly, acting as if he hadn't noticed me before that moment. "I'm not ashamed of my power, unlike some."

"Just because I don't ink my skin doesn't mean I'm not proud."

"I don't blame you, Troye. I wouldn't be proud to have water as my element either."

"Your jealous that all you can do with Fire is destroy." Acts of other Fires flashed through my mind. They were known to be the aggressive ones, the one's who caused the anguish in the world. And who would resolve the problems? That's right, Waters.

Maybe I was slightly biased, but we were on opposite sides of the spectrum. I was allowed to.

"Hell no. I love destruction. Destruction is my middle name."

"Woah, I didn't realise we were close enough to tell each other our middle-names."

He leaned closer to me. His hot, candy-floss breath washing over me. "Shut it, Sivan." I stared wide eyed as he backed up.

"How the fuck did you know that?"

"You always sign your work "Troye Sivan Mellet"." His voice went high and whiny when he said my name. "And I can read. It's one of the many things I'm good at."

"I was under the impression you were only good at violent acts?"

"Nope," he popped the "p" sound. "I'm also good at the sex. Plus, I would say I'm kinda like a pacifist."

I tried to overlook the heat in my cheeks at how casually he could mention sex. "A Fire that's a pacifist? Now I've heard everything."

"Take it or leave it, babe." The nickname made me squirm. No one had ever called me babe before. Having him be the first was horrifying.

"What would happen if was I shove you against a wall and start choking you then?"

He smiled sweetly. "I'd say you're very kinky."

I suddenly discerned the silence around us. Tyler realised it too. In sync with one another we looked up. Hundreds of words seemed to be covering the board, and test tubes were set up on the front desk. Everyone was gawking at us. Mr Green was red with anger.

"Sorry to interrupt your flirting, but now is not the time to be finding a love interest. I was telling everyone how bromine works, but obviously kinkyness is more important than your chemistry qualification."

"We were listening," Tyler said nonchalantly.

"Oh, really? Well, why does brown bromine water turns colourless when you put an alkane in it?"

"It doesn't. When you put an alkene in bromine it becomes colourless because it reacts with double bonds."

"Alright Oakley," he said, his face scrunched up slightly and giving us a tight nod. Right away, he began spewing chemistry words, as if he hadn't ever stopped.

"Boffin," I muttered. Tyler's head snapped round, and his eyebrow rose. He opened his mouth to speak, a snarl already on his crude lips. His eyes flickered to the front, and his mouth dropped into a line. He rotated round, facing the front. I watched him, fascinated by his sudden attitude shift.

I should have known he was acting.

After a few minutes, a whiff of smoke entered my nose. I coughed, but ignored it. It smelt it again, and reacted the same way. It was only when I heard a crackle that I looked down at my desk. Panicked, I glanced at him. His smirk told me everything; I looked at my desk again.

The jerk had set my textbook on fire.

Instantaneously my right hand lingered over the book. A spark brushed against my skin. I bit my lip to fend of my yelp. With a sharp flick of my wrist water droplets fell onto the flames. I observed the flames flutter away from the water in vain. They withered away, growing smaller and smaller as more water fell. Within seconds the flames had been extinguished. I wiped the excess water off the cover. Despite the book being darkened, I could still read it. I put the book back down on the table, as if not a single thing had happened.

And the rest of the class none the wiser.

I shook myself and slouched back into my normal position. For a few minutes I listened to Mr Green, writing down everything on the board. Tyler eventually wrote things down too. I noticed his shoulders relax, believing he had won.

Slowly, I lowered my left hand onto my knee. I looked briefly at him, but he was too absorbed in the lesson to detect my movements. I edged my hand over in his direction, careful to keep my hand from touching his leg. With a final glance over at him, I moved my finger in a figure eight. I retreated straight away and faced the front.

I only had to wait a few seconds before I heard him mutter "Oh fuck me."

"No thank you," I said, just loud enough for him to hear me. I saw his eyes narrow as he shuffled his chair backwards. As clear as day, the front of his jeans had a large wet patch. Shuffling uncomfortably, he tried desperately to heat up the material. I chuckled softly as he failed. After several attempts he stopped. Although it wasn't as obvious, it still looked like he'd peed himself.

"Why would you do that?" He hissed.

"Hey, you burnt my book!"

"Everyone can see this! No one will see your book."

"You never know, maybe you'll start a trend?"

The bell tolled, indicating the first lesson was over. It hadn't seemed that long.

Mr Green beamed at the class, with the exception of Tyler and I. "Well will you look at that? Time really does fly when you're having fun. Okay, class dismissed."

Tyler stood up straight away and chucked his things carelessly into his bag. I felt a whirl of glee inside me at his furious expression and frustrated antics. A low laugh escaped my lips. He glared at me, with his jaw tightly clenched. I gulped down the rest of the laugh.

I kept my eyes on him as he rotated his wrists. For a moment nothing happened. A bubbly laugh grew in my-

Suddenly my face was being attacked by something. It was as if an invisible hornet nest had been set loose on my face. I tried to swat away the pain but it didn't help. The stings were more persistent. "Stop it," my voice wavered. The attack stopped a few seconds later, but the throbbing pain remained.

I rubbed my cheek and gawped in disbelief as he toddled out of class with Marcus. Physically harming another person with powers was against the school rules. Although I knew there would be no mark, it stung like crazy. I couldn't tell a teacher though, because it was Tyler Oakley. Everyone loved him - everyone but me and Mr Green. I wasn't in Mr Green's good books either though.

Tyler spun round to give me one last smile before exiting the room.

I cracked my shaky fist.

This was war.

~~~~

A/N

Wow, thank you for reading this far.

So, I've never written a fanfic before, but I had a little idea and I figured why not.

In case it's a little confusing: this is story is set alternative universe where some people have elements - Earth, Wind, Light, Lightning, Fire and Water - as powers. There is a school that caters for these people, in a society where they are shunned. Tyler is a Fire, and Troye is a Water. They're polar opposites, but if you've ever paid attention in Physics, you'll know that opposites attract.

BOOM.

There won't be triggers. There may be smut. One thing is certain:

This is going to be a bumpy ride

♬ The song lyrics at the beginning were a bit random but I was like "hm, that sort of fits, I want to put it in, that's what she/he said, yolo swag" ♬

Except not yolo swag because- no.

English isn't my first language - I'm a Frenchie with a Northern Irish family - so please do point out my mistakes ^-^ If you liked this, and think I should continue then please tell me - I'm not sure yet if I should... I probably will though ◕‿◕

Okay, cool, ily, thank you, au revoir mes petits pois

Emma x

~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 2.8K 40
Tyler and Troye meet by chance in a cafe and it's love at first sight. Everything is looking up with cute nicknames and a relationship like the fairy...
1.9K 78 24
Troye and Tyler love each other. It's no secret. But how could something that so many people want to be real, actually be there. They have struggled...
7K 199 1
Troye never considered the possibility of having children. Well, it might be time to reconsider... With insecurities brewing under his skin, he makes...
19.7K 1.4K 43
Completed ~ Ever since Tyler moved to Australia from America, he and his neighbour Troye became best friends. At the age of 10 they make a promise to...