People Change . Ateez

By notatumblrgirl

So now that I fit in with society you want to be my friend again? Anna lost her only friends in high school t... More

1 Forget you
2 new life
willing to try 3
4 out of luck
forgive them5
Tipsy 6
urge7
New clothes New me 8
Dance crew 9
*Author note*
*Author note*
Fatty 10
Untitled Part 14

Corndogs and sunsets

6 0 0
By notatumblrgirl

I was finding it hard leaving my bed today, Having zero sleep was affecting me. I trudge through my morning routine, slipping on some biker shorts, and a baggy shirt to go stretch with San. 

Headphones in I walked across campus ignoring the world and everyone inside it. Everyone was snuggled up around campus. It reeked of love, everywhere I looked people were flirting. I thought that Yugyeom liked me, but am I even ready for a relationship. I made my to the studio, listening to break up songs to make me feel better about being single. I'm single by choice and not someone else's choice. 

I reached the practice room early unloading all my stuff. Putting on some music to loosen up before stretching. My body starts to move with the rhythm, I relax into the beat letting it lead me around the room. I was so immersed in the music that I didn't notice that San had come in and was watching me.  After the final song ended San clapped behind me. I turned around grabbing my heart from surprise. 

"It's kind of creepy that you were just watching me dance unannounced." 

"I didn't want to interrupt anything so beautiful."

I studied his face seeing if there was any hint of him making fun of me. I couldn't find any signs of humor from him.

"Thanks?" he laughed off my awkwardness. 

"Hani you haven't changed a bit." I frowned at him. I've changed a lot mentally and physically. I worked hard to change who i was, i became thinner and more confident. I learned how to truly love myself. I avoid his eyes that followed my movement across the room to him.

"Are you ready to stretch?" i positioned myself in front of the mirror. Bending my top half to touch the ground. San took a spot next to me following my movements, occasionally I would catch him looking at me through his eyelashes. thirty minutes flew past as we finished stretching everything. I laid on the floor tired from simple stretching. Like i said i didn't want to get out of bed today, and here I was socializing.

"Hey, if you want I'm going to get food. If you come with me I'll treat you." He does owe me food from the time he made my tray fall in the cafeteria. I got off my spot on the floor getting my stuff together.

"Since you insist, What do you want?" I don't look at him, but know he is looking at me.

"I was thinking about... Corndogs and Ramen." I haven't had corndogs in years. I grabbed my bag, walking to him with a smile on my face.

"I love corndogs!" San's smile reached his eyes

"I know." I slowly looked over to him, San knows more about me than anyone else, besides my mom. I didn't have friends in high school so I never had a best friend. 

We reached a vendor outside of campus, this little old lady smiled at San and I. San's phone rang, he walked over to the side to talk to the person on the other end. 

"You and your boyfriend make a cute couple." I dramatically shook my head.

"Oh thank you, but we aren't dating. He is just a good friend."

"That's what I used to say about my husband, and we have been married for 42 years." Her smile grew as she saw me look over to San. There might have been one time on my life that I would have considered San, that changed.

She handed me our corn dogs, and a bag of side free of charge. I walk to San hearing her yell after me.

"Remember what I said, give him a chance." I chuckled and waved a final goodbye. San hung up the phone, taking his corndog. He took a big bite out of it which he instantly regretted because they were fresh out of the fryer.

"Hot...Hot ... Why didn't you warn me?" I just laughed and shook my head. He didn't have a patient bone in his body.

"I was going to but it was already in your mouth." we made our way down the street eating in comfortable silence.

"So, are you and Yugyeom a thing?" I choked on my corndog, I coughed to try to get the corndog out of my throat. San just looked at me with wide eyes. he hit my back trying to help, but it was only making it worse. Once I could breathe again I looked at Him.

"Yes and No. Why?"He gave me a confused look waiting for me to explain.

"Well we kind of kissed and text often and flirt when we are in person, but then he brought you guys to our 'date'. So I'm not sure, and haven't asked yet." He looked a little disappointed when I said that I kissed him.

"Just be careful Hani, Yugyeom is a bit of a player when it comes to girls. I just don't want you to get hurt." 

"I'm a big girl, I not the same cry baby you used to know... But thanks for looking out." The sun started to set across campus painting the sky a beautiful orange. It was almost romantic... almost. I caught myself staring at San's face, and profile. I pulled out my phone taking a picture of him.

You smiled down at the photo admiring the work of art in front of you. San turned around seeing you staring down at your phone.

"Is that me?"He turned to you, it hit you how close your faces were. You could feel his breath, it brought a small blush to your cheeks.

"Yeah, you just looked good against the sunset... I mean that it would be a good picture. Not that you look good. I mean you do look goo..." I babbled trying to find an excuse as to why I took his picture.

"You haven't changed that much." He leaned in closer, we stared into each other eyes. It looked like he was contemplating something. I took a step back, not wanting to do something I will regret.

"Will you take a picture of me?" I run to spot up ahead posing. He laughed at my goofy posing. Pretending to take pictures like paparazzi.

He stood up scrolling through his phone, 

"I like this one, I think it shows your personality." I smiled at the silly photo.

"I like it too." we continued to walk around campus goofing off and talking about what our lives were like without each other.

I saw my dorm building come into view and was a little upset that this day was coming to an end. 

"I had fun today, we should hang out again." 

"I'll think about it." He scoffed at me lightly nudging me with his shoulder. I dramatically threw my self to the side faking a cry of pain. San's eyes widen when he realized i was messing with him. 

"Ya, I thought that i hurt you!" I laughed hard from the floor holding my hands out for him to pick me. He shook his head act like a child. I sighed getting up trying to act cute to get him to smile at me. 

"Sannie, I'm sowwy." He turned away from me. 

"Sannie, what can i do so you will forgive me." I pleaded to try to get him to look at me. I see a wicked smile form across his face.

"A kiss." 

"Yah!" I smack him repeatedly. He laughed at my reaction. I tried to hide my red cheeks from his view. What is this boy doing to me?

"Hani!" Jisoo sprinted towards me throwing her arms around me tightly 

"San?' She raised her eyebrow at me. I shook my head while hugging her back. Jackson caught up to Jisoo panting.

"Hani, San, What's up?" He bent over trying to catch his breath. He looked up at us, with the same question running through his mind. He looked at San trying to read his mind. San shook his head knowing what he was trying to figure out. It was quiet for a bit with the two trying to understand why we were together alone. 

"We are stretching partners for Intro to Dance." San finally broke the silence. 

"I hated that class last semester it was terrible. There were not enough people int he class so i had to stretch alone." Jisoo patted the pouting Jackson trying to comfort him about his little flashback. 

"Well, I have homework that I have to finish so I'm going to head in." Jisoo followed me after kissing her boyfriend goodbye as well.

I waved once more before entering the building. The walk was mostly quiet as we made our way to our room. 

"So what is happening between you and San. I could feel the tension when I ran over to you." I  Opened our room walking in.

"I  honestly have no idea, but i had so much fun with him today. I didn't want to meet with him today then we got food, and it felt like old times. He was my closest friend, before the incident so I guess we just went back to before." I played with my fingers not sure what i was feeling. I like Yugyeom right? San told me he was a player though. I'm so confused. 

"I thought you liked Yugyeom though?" She pried.

"I thought I did too, but he invited all the guys to our little date. So like I don't know where we stand anymore."

She shook her head at my situation.

"It sounds like you're having boy troubles." I moaned as I threw myself on my bed. Squirming around in frustration.

"I'm so glad all I have to deal with is Jackson." I want what they have, they are like a perfect picture of being in love.

"Lucky you." shoving my face further into the pillow underneath me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 124 10
who once was my best friend in high school moved away after we graduated. We kept in touch until after university. The last thing he said to me was t...
14.6K 352 20
A story about a girl who is going through a hard time and is offered a job to tend to 8 crazy boys in a band. which eventually turns into more. read...
123K 6.9K 27
[COMPLETE] In which the most popular boy in school stops caring about his popularity when he meets and falls for the least popular boy in school.
5.3K 301 28
the two best friends grew up without each other this time. one comes back with the mindset of the two together as before, while the other has kind o...