fortitude ⇝ percy jackson

By savingwolfhard

" i'm going to love you for eternity " [PERCY JACKSON AND THE SEA OF MONSTERS] [PERCY JACKSON X OC] [ALL RIGH... More

SYPNOSIS
CAST
PLAYLIST
THE BEGINNING
0.1
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9

0.2

1.1K 31 2
By savingwolfhard

"Bow up!"

Cassia's grip on her bow tightens, her shoulder blades clenching as she raises it up stiffly. One eye remains closed, the other focusing sharply on the target ahead, letting an arrow slip through the string in a process.

"Ready, aim-" Chiron instructs solemnly, watching the girl intensely, "fire."

And with a release of a breath she didn't know she had been holding, she lets the weapon fly with ease, confidence oozing off her form as the pointed end sticks through the bullseye. Cassia smiles, letting her weapon drop as she turns to her mentor, "how was that?"

"A little sloppy on the execution, your shoulder should've been higher. But, otherwise, you hit it right on the target. You really are your mother's daughter, Cassia." Compliments Chiron with a small smirk, a slight nod of his head indicating that he approves of her years of hard work. After her accident, she was never really in the physical and mental state to pick up her Olympian god-given talent that had saved millions of people from a demigod's wrath. So, to hear that her skills aren't looking the greatest irked her; mangled her confidence in a way where she could stay in the field and practice for hours, but from strict instructions from both Mr. D and Chiron, she was only allowed an hour. Which, of course, frustrated her.

  "This is bullshit, Chiron-" sighs the daughter of Artemis, "let's face it, I'll never be the same. Ever since that.. stupid accident, I've never been able to shoot how I used to."

  "You're still in recovery, my dear-" starts the centaur, "time is healing."

  "Yeah, but how much time can I take before I literally collapse to the floor in boredom? I'm serious. I just drop... dead." Stresses Cassia.

  "Oh, Cassia, always so dramatic." The man pats her shoulder, "you know we can't let you physically exhaust yourself. You just got the okay yesterday, give it a few months."

"Months?" The girl cries, her dark eyes widening, "you're kidding?"

"Oh, I don't joke around, Cassia." The centaur replies, "now, get back to your room and rest up, it's been a little over five minutes passed your restriction. Breakfast should be ready any moment."

She was then left alone after one last scolding glance from her mentor, the girl letting out a tiny aggravated scream as she kicks at the dirt beneath her sneakers as she stalks away.

"So, why did Mr. D summon you?" Grover and Annabeth approach the distressed teen in the middle of camp after hearing the news of Percy getting called over to the main house, "it's not good to get summoned."

"I'm sure it's fine." the blonde haired girl exasperates as they walk alongside each other.

"I'm sure you don't get summoned to the Big House without a major-league screw up." The satyr adds with a shake of his head.

"I didn't screw up. I cIeaned the entire coIiseum. And vacuumed." Percy retorts.

"Don't let him get into your head, okay?" Annabeth consoles, trying to lighten the mood of one of her good friends.

"Yeah, it's kinda hard to when all Mr. D mentions is how Cassia injured her knee because of me." Grumbles the boy, a guilty pang erupting in his chest at the mere thought of that statement being a possibility.

"We have a dead camper waIking." Grover calls out before lowering his voice, "dead camper walking here."

"Who's dead and when's the funeral? I need something funny to blow away this grey cloud over my head." Cassia soon joins her friends after spotting them trotting passed her training ground.

"Percy got called over to the big house-" Grover starts, "And what's got your panties in a twist?" He peers over at the sulking girl who's boots crunch heavily over the soot.

"Oh, other than the fact that Chiron laughed in my face because I can't shoot an arrow for my life, nothing.. nothing at all." Retorts the brunette sarcastically.

"Cass, you've been out of practice for a while.. it takes some time-"

"If someone gives me that 'patience is key' speech one more time, I will have no other option than to melt down in Hades' brothel he calls a home." Interrupts Cassia, rolling her eyes.

"This is friendship." Percy adds with a sigh.

"Sorry, Perc. I'm just having a little pity party at the moment; which, by the way, you all are invited to.. but I want you out of my room after the cake, no exceptions." Integrates the daughter of Ares, a finger pointing in each of their directions.

"It's alright, Cass-" The blue eyed boy pulls the girl into his side so they were now interlocked as they continue their trek filled with morbid conversations.

"So, it's okay if I get your cabin when you get kicked out?" Grover adds cheekily.

"SeriousIy, don't worry. It's just Mr. D. I mean, if Chiron had summoned you, then.." Cassia pauses as the four teens approach the open gates of the bricked house, they meet the dagger-like eyes of Chiron and Mr. D, "oh, you are so massively screwed."

The son of Poseidon sucks in a nervous breath, letting go of his crush before walking over to the two leaders with his friends in toll, "Whatever it is you think I did, I didn't do it."

"You've done nothing, Percy." Chiron replies.

"Exactly."

"As you know, you are beIieved to be Poseidon's onIy heir." Continues the centaur, watching the boy warily.

"Yeah, so?" Coaxes Percy, his eyebrows raised questioningly.

"So, it wouId seem that belief has been heId in error."

"Hold on-" the brunette steps forward, "you're saying this dimwit has a brother?"

"Or a sister." Annabeth adds.

"HoIy Styx. Another Poseidon haIf-bIood." Grover smiles.

"Not exactly." Chiron's face scrunches up slightly, earning him a confused stare from the group of teens.

"Well, what does that mean?" Cassia steps in, "is he like a dragon? If so, that's technically beastiality.. which is illegal.. in most countries; I'm not sure about Olympus, though, that's a whole other different story-"

"Okay, Cass, I think it's time for us to take a nap-" Annabeth interrupts the girl's rambling, grabbing her shoulders, "we'll see you guys later."

"If he's hot I call dibs!" Shouts the brunette over her shoulder, earning her a shake of the head from the best friend who so happened to be in for the biggest surprise he's ever gotten.

  "Technically, Tyson is not a half-blood-" starts the bearded centaur, peering over at Percy, "HaIf-bIoods are haIf-human, hence the name."

  "I don't get it-" the blue eyed boy replies, "If this new kid is not haIf-human, then what other haIf is he?"

  "Nymph. Sea nymph." Cringes Chiron, "And when you cross a deity with a nymph, you get..."
the man then opens the doors to the main office, Percy's heart hammering in anticipation as Mr. D could be seen trying to calm the oblivious boy who doesn't seem to get out much.

  It was then as the mystery sibling turns around, does Percy realize what concoction his father whipped up while going around sleeping with every woman in sight. A boy, tall and lanky, his hair matted as if he hadn't brushed it in years turns around, blinking. If you asked Percy what he'd expect his half-sibling to look like, he'd describe you a boy complete opposite of the one standing right in front of him. The only similarity between the two were the eyes.. or more so, the eye. One huge, ocean blue iris staring right at Percy from the middle of the boy's face.

  "Hi, brother." Tyson greets, smiling as the raven haired boy gapes over at his new sibling in complete dismay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 6K 51
──── CITY LOVE ❝ you need someone. let me be that person. let me be what you need. ❞ ﹙ percy jackson x fem!oc ﹚ ﹙ the titan's curse; the battle of th...
103K 3.7K 80
"I have this thing where I get older but just never wiser" [ lost hero - blood of olympus] [ book II in the midnights series ] [ percy jackson x oc]
6.1K 528 14
And as your captain, I'm ready to drown. RIORDANVERSE! ❪ Percy Jackson ╱ Fem!OC ❫ ...
1M 33.1K 47
𝑺𝑼𝑵𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑬 ❝ all right, Sunshine, brighten up ❞ ❝ I will hit you ❞ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝...