0.3

The breakfast table was unusually quiet, the air around the five teenagers now thick and awkward as no one tried to hide the fact that they were staring

Cassia's lips remain parted, her fork dangling from her grip loosely as she watches the nymph shovel the eggs down his throat without a care in the world. She smiles nervously as Tyson meets her gaze nicely, before turning over to his brother,
"So, you're the big shot here, right? You saved the worId and stuff."

"Yeah. Yeah." Percy nods, smiling stiffly.

"Hey, they put peppers in yours-" the blue eyed nymph eyes the daughter of Artemis' plate hungrily, "are you gonna eat that?"

"Go ahead." Cassia pushes her plate towards the newbie, "I don't know how you can eat this shit. It's like mixing school food with prison food.. not that I've ever been to prison.. only juvie, kinda the same thing-"

"Is he messing with me?" Percy turns to his two friends, talking lowly.

"I think he's hungry." Replies Grover amusedly.

"No, not him. I meant Poseidon. Is this supposed to be some kind of joke?" He shakes his head, "A haIf-brother? A CycIops? Come on."

"I think the politically correct term is ''ocular impaired.''" Retorts Cassia, "And a haIf-brother is better than nothing. Did I ever tell you I absorbed my twin in the womb? Literally ate her like I was a damn hungry-hungry-hippo."

"And thank the gods for that. Imagine two of you? Twice the headaches, the nagging-"

"I wouldn't finish that until you can grow a set of horns, kid." Interrupts Cassia fiercely, sticking out her tongue like a child at Grover.

"Ouch. Did you hear her, Perc?" Grover gapes over at their mediator when it came to harsh blows, his hand over his chest.

"I Iike having a brother." Tyson intervenes before it could end up with Cassia being put in time out by her crush, "Dad was cool to bring me here."

"Dad? Dad brought you here?" Questions Percy.

"I was upstate, in the woods. One day, this trident shows up over my head, and then it started moving south." Explains the nymph.

"And you followed it. You followed it here?" Percy peers over at his half-sibling curiously.

Tyson shrugs, "it glowed."

And suddenly, the trio was interrupted by the familiar fake-chirpiness of a certain conceited brunette who's favorite pass-time activity is spitting insults, "Well, somebody has got a new brother. And I can see he's got his daddy's eyes. Well...''Eye.'' You should really get him some sprayable mist."

"And you should really lie face down in the river." Shoots back Cassia, a devious smirk upturning her lips as Clarisse's arrogance falters slightly.