What I See In You (BWWM)

By AyitiCheri_26

Desiree is a nice sweet person. She faces challenges with dealing with family problems but manages to not let... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Characters
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Coming soon
Out now!!!!

28

5K 214 120
By AyitiCheri_26

Rachel was approaching us.

She looked fairly decent. Her hair was down and it looked darker than before. She looked like she picked up a couple pounds.

She really was pregnant I thought.

She wore a long cardigan which hid her belly. She was gorgeous as the wind blew past her hair.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hey Rachel." I smiled back and we shared a hug.

"I missed you so much sorry I haven't been texting you, I'm barley on my phone these days." She said. It must've been because of what everyone was saying about her on social media.

"It's fine, how's everything been?" I asked.

"I've been good. I'm getting home school so I'm not missing out on anything." She said.

"That's great, and how's.." I said as I glanced at her belly.

"So far healthy." She smiled and revealed her small bump.

"That's so cute." I awed as I gently rubbed. She laughed.

"How are you Darius?" She said to him. He was on his phone pretending to not acknowledge her presence.

I hit him with my elbow.

"Good." He simply said. She nodded while looking at him awkwardly.

"Anyways how you liking the carnival?" I asked.

"It's cool, but I already want to leave." She said.

"You here with anyone?"

"With a friend." She said as she looked around.

"I should go find him." She said.

"Rachel you came." We heard from behind of us.

I turned around seeing Gina and her friends along with Zane and Scott.

"Hi Gina."

"You look.. Good." Gina said.

"So do you." Rachel said.

"How's the journey going?" She asked.

"It's getting better. I glad I'm not doing it alone." She said.

"I mean that's what family is for right." Gina said.

"Absolutely."

"I was always  there for you Rachel. I was there when you threw up. I was there when you cried on the phone. I was there when you were fucking someone else behind Darius' back." Gina said.

Rachel looked at her in shocked and I looked at her in disbelief.

"What?" Rachel said.

"Cut the slack Rachel. Can't you see that your not wanted. All you ever did was stab people on that back and be a hoe. Now look at you, you don't even know who the father is." Gina said.

Everyone was quiet. Rachel's eyes became watery.

"How could you say something like that, I thought we were friends." She said.

"We were as in past tense. We have nothing in common. I can't be friends with someone like you." Gina said.

"Stop causing a scene." I said.

"Well look who's talking. Rachel do you know that this was her plan all along? To get rid you you and have Darius wrapped tight about her fingers." Gina said.

"Shut up Gina, this has nothing to do with Des." Darius said.

"I'm saying this for your own good Darius. If you think she's different from any other girl you dated, you are certainly wrong." She said.

"Just stop! I can't believe I trusted someone like you." Rachel said to Gina.

"Your the one that lost my trust. You use people and think you can get away with it." Gina said.

"Okay, we should go." Zane said.

"Why tell me now, in front of everyone? To embarrass me, cause your doing one heck of a job at it." Rachel said.

"You embarrassed yourself when you made yourself known here. Your not special Rachel, you never were. Your just a slutty hoe ass pregnant bi-"

Rachel threw her hand across Gina's face giving her a hard slap. Everyone jaw dropped and pulled them away from each other so a fight wouldn't break out.

"I swear I'll beat the shit out of you when I get the chance!" Gina screamed. There was a red mark in her face from where she got slapped.

Rachel ran off as Gina continued calling her names. Darius grabbed my hand and lead us to a empty area.

"Why did she even come?" He sighed.

"I should go check on her." I said.

"No, she's long gone."

My phone buzzed and I checked seeing texts from Iyan.

"Do you want to stay?" Darius asked.

"Not anymore."

"Then let's get out of here." He said.

"And leave our friends?"

"Yeah." He said. I stood there thinking.

I wouldn't enjoy myself if I stayed anyways so I agreed and we both left. I didn't know what we were planning on doing but I'd prefer that than staying at the carnival.

...

The next day

The next day I felt bad about what happened to Rachel so I told my parents about her situation and they let me go over to her house.

I arrived at her mansion sized house and rang the doorbell. A minute later a pretty girl opened the door.

She looked to be in her early 20s and she quite beautiful. She was probably Rachel's sister even though there was no resemblance.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hello, is Rachel home?" I said.

"She is, and you are?"

"Desiree, a friend of hers." I said.

"Ah okay I'm Susan. come in." I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"She's been quiet since yesterday, I didn't want to ask since she'll get moody, you know pregnancy hormones." She laughed. I awkwardly laughed along.

"I like your name by the way, very unique." She said.

"Thanks, almost everyone says that." I said.

We walked up the long stairs and stood by a door. She knocked waiting for Rachel to respond.

"Yes?" I heard.

"You have a visitor." Susan said.

I heard shuffling before Rachel indicated to come in.

She opened the door and I walked in.

Rachel looked at me and slightly smiled.

"I'll be downstairs with your father." Susan said before closing the door.

"Hey." I said as I sat on her bed beside her.

"I'm glad your here." She hugged me. I hugged back.

"I had a feeling you were going to be upset with me." I said. She pulled away and looked at me confused.

"Why would I be?"

"Because of what she said yesterday." I said. She rolled her eyes and continued folding her clothes.

"I stopped believing everything Gina said a long time ago." She said.

"I'm still wondering how she still has friends." I said.

"Honestly, me too." She sighed.

"I didn't not expect things to escalate like that either."

"It's my fault for going, and not befriending Gina when I had the chance." She said.

"I'm so sorry about everything, and as for Darius there's nothing going on between us-"

"It's fine you don't have to explain yourself Des. I know how it feels to like someone and I won't be the one to stop that. Darius is a great guy and I'm fine with whatever you two have going on." She said.

"You are?" I asked and she laughed.

"I'm no longer in love with him. Well I stopped way before I even met you. I still love him as a person but my heart is longing for someone else."

"So you wouldn't be upset if we went out?"

"I would if you didn't tell me how it went, but other than that no." She shook her head.

"Okay, but if your feeling edgy about it-"

"I'm not trust me. How's that going anyways?" She stood up to put away her clothes.

It felt weird talking about her ex boyfriend, but if she didn't care then there's nothing I should worry about.

"It's going great." I said.

"When do you two start going out?"

"Around the start of the month."

"That was fast." She laughed.

"No we're not official yet, we're taking it slow and see where it goes." I said.

"Oh, that's smart. Kinda wish we did that." She said. I curled my lips into my mouth unsure of what to say.

"So has Tristan talk to you since?" I asked.

"Yeah, we actually got back together and he's helping me out with the baby."

"That's sweet of him, what made him change his mind?"

"I guess he felt bad about me handling it alone and he was pretty sure it was his baby, so we made up." She said.

"That's good. I'm always here if you need anything as well." I said. She looked at me and smiled.

"I have something to show you." She said.

"Sure."

She stood up and grabbed my hand. We walked out her room and down the hall to another room.

She opened the door and we walked in. It was an empty room filled furniture wrapped in plastic.

"This is going to be his or hers room." She said.

"Wow." I said as I looked around.

"If it's a girl it's going to be pink and purple and if it's a boy it's going to be blue and orange." She said.

"That is going to be so cute." I said as I examined the crib and other baby furnitures.

"I know, at first I was feeling scared but now I'm actually looking forward." She smiled.

"I'm glad you feel that way." I said.

We heard a knock on the door.

"Rachel we are now eating, you coming?" Susan said at the door.

"Yeah, just give us a sec." Rachel said.

"Alright. Desiree your free to join if you wish." She said.

"It's okay, I'll just head out."

"No, no I insist. We could use one more person at the table." She said.

"Alright, thanks." I smiled.

"We'll be downstairs in a sec Susan." Rachel said and Susan left.

"Your sister is really pretty." I said. Rachel bursted out laughing making me confused.

"That's not my sister." She said.

"Oh, cousin?" I asked and she shook her head.

"That's my step-mom." She said. My eyes widened as I looked at her in shock. Susan looked just a couple years older than us so I didn't think she could me her mother.

"Sorry I assumed she was since she's looks so young." I said.

"It's fine, I thought she was my long lost cousin when my dad brought her in. The crazy part about that is she's 33."

"No way." I gasp.

"Yup, don't worry though, she gets confused for being my sister a lot." She laughed.

We went downstairs and into the dining room. Susan and Rachel's dad we're already seating have a conversation.

Rachel's dad noticed us and his face lit up.

"Hello, we're here." Rachel said as we sat down across from them.

"Good, now we can eat." Susan said.

"Dad this is my friend Desiree, Desiree this is my dad." Rachel said.

"Pleasure to meet you sir." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Pleasure is all mine. Don't think I've seen you before."

"This is her first time coming over dad." Rachel said. I looked at her since it was my second time. Then I thought if she said it was my second time then they'll ask when was my first which was the party Rachel threw.

"Oh, I see. You resemble someone I know. You don't have a father the name of Andre do you?" He asked.

"I do." I smiled.

"Wow, your Andre's daughter. Now neat, he works for me by the way." He said.

"That's cool. He used to tell me so much about how he loves his job and how his boss is a good man."

"I see that each time I see him. He always reminds me how much it means so much that he's working for my company. I must say, he's become a friend to me." He said. I smiled and took a bite of the lasagna.

"This would taste good with sugar." Rachel said and stood up to head to the kitchen.

"Did you get tired of his ramblings about his job?" He asked. I looked at him confused.

"Well you said he used to tell you about his job."

"Oh, he still does but not as much since he works late and most of the time we don't get to chat. He's become very busy." I said.

"Oh, I didn't think giving him more hours could affect family time." He said.

"There's no affect, he's happy working so I don't mind. We always find time to talk so it's no biggie." I said.

"There's no sugar, great." Rachel came back and sat down.

"There is, I just place it somewhere else since it's not good for the baby." She said. Rachel groaned.

"Did your father inform you guys about dinner we're having here?" He said.

"He did, but he was worried if he had to work that day." I said.

"I wouldn't of invited him if he was working." He chuckled.

"When is it again?"

"Next week. I'll sort Andre's hours out but I would really like your family to come." He said.

"Same, dad she has a really cute younger sister who looks just like her." Rachel said making me laugh.

"I've been told." He chuckled.

"It's also fancy so make sure to look nice, if you have nothing to wear you could always ask me for help." Susan said.

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind." I said.

We ate and talked more and overall Rachel had a sweet family. They were both kind and they cared about her a lot.

I saw where she got her sweet personality from.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 4.1K 49
Harry, a young handsome son of a slaver is known for his womanizing and partying until one day, he encounters a beautiful young slave.
4.9K 203 91
Get ready to dive into the captivating story of teenage couples as they navigate the treacherous waters of high school and strive to make their relat...
The Tie By Saurony

General Fiction

7.3K 349 25
Life after marriage wasn't turning out how Monica expected it to be. With her dreams not panning out the way she hoped they would, she gets involved...
5.8K 107 40
"You don't know how long I've waited just to be close to you like this" he admits and it makes my heart flutter that he thinks about me as much as I...